Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...481482483484485486487488489490491...LastNext
Current Page: 486 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 16, 2021 09:49

mikey C
New album will be April/May ,2022.... It's been a while but that's when it will Arrive!!!!!! Stay well Everyone.M

huh? what now?

is this a reliable source?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 16, 2021 14:40

I guess it's a guess.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: November 16, 2021 18:28

Times-A-Running Out for 2021...

Date: November 16, 2021 19:25

Hmmm, didn't Mick (or was it Keith?) say recently that when the the tour is over they'll be in the studio for adding the finishing touches? Might even work for a Xmas release! --- But wait - finishing touches - sounds familiar --- they added them already in 2020, and before that 2019, and before that 2018, and before that 2017 ... maybe they should release just the finishing touches and save the rest for the 70th anniversary ... ? confused smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-16 19:27 by doitywoik.

Date: November 16, 2021 19:41

I think they'll finish up the album soon. Especially since the loss of Charlie.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2021 21:07

I'm hoping for a live No Filter album with Charlie as a tribute to him.
There were many great shows since No Filter started in 2017, and much of that greatness is because of Charlie.
Also hope the supposed new studio album has more Charlie on it than any replacement...maybe it will be all Charlie.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 16, 2021 21:18

doitywoik
A modern (well, meanwhile not really that modern anymore) alternative to a live album would be for them to make soundboards of shows available, like Phish and others do almost for decades.
Honestly speaking, Steve's drumming alone wouldn't motivate me to buy yet another live album if that's the only novel thing on offer on it. But you're right that something documenting Steve Jordan with the Stones wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, truly honestly speaking, I would probably listen to it not more than once - there's more than enough "modern era" Stones live albums already in existence and there's simply not enough variety in their setlists and arrangements to justify even more, not alone from nearly every show like Phish and others do. I'd love to hear certain tracks in soundboard quality, though, like Mercy Mercy or the recent 19th Nervous Breakdown.

Date: November 16, 2021 23:47

Hairball
I'm hoping for a live No Filter album with Charlie as a tribute to him.

But would that sound so much different from HONK LIVE?

Hairball
Also hope the supposed new studio album has more Charlie on it than any replacement...maybe it will be all Charlie.

If Keith is to be believed (“You haven’t heard the last of Charlie Watts”) this appears to be going to the the case. Personally I'd prefer his drumming on a great new studio album as a monument to his memory rather than a live album that might consist mainly of overdubs otherwise.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2021 23:58

HONK LIVE....lol....there were the live tunes on the HONK deluxe disc, but some were terrible collaborations w/Ed Sheeran, Grohl, et al.
I'd like to hear an entire No Filter show with Midnight Rambler included, and no "special" guests please. Do it for the fans and do it for Charlie...and do it right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-16 23:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2021 04:26

Hairball
HONK LIVE....lol....there were the live tunes on the HONK deluxe disc, but some were terrible collaborations w/Ed Sheeran, Grohl, et al.
I'd like to hear an entire No Filter show with Midnight Rambler included, and no "special" guests please. Do it for the fans and do it for Charlie...and do it right!

Of all those live tracks on HONK only Dancing With Mr D is any good!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 1, 2021 15:07

Heeeey...think the time is right to finish the new album smiling bouncing smiley
C'mon boys, let's go in the studio!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-01 15:10 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 1, 2021 16:26

They'll have to hurry up befoe this thread becomes New Stones Album for 2022?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2021 17:17

GasLightStreet
Hairball

Of all those live tracks on HONK only Dancing With Mr D is any good!

Loved Wild Horses with Florence Welch. Fantastic IMHO.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 1, 2021 19:38

Back 4 years ago, on page 140, I suggested that the album was coming in 2023. I'm hoping that was too pessimistic, and we'll see it in 2022.

But it's probably time for bv to change the title of the thread (again).

confused smiley

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: December 1, 2021 20:14

Living In A Ghost Town was a hit. That might have been largely for what were the weirdest reasons of any Rolling Stones hit ever; certainly it was helped along by the most tragic of reasons ever.

But music is a business as well as an art, and a hit's a hit.

So no matter what the rest of the band's final studio album does, or doesn't do, there's already one hit in the bag.

I'd very much like for their last studio album's name to be:

England's Oldest Hitmakers

It would make a nice bookending - self-aware and (to me, attractively) self-deprecating - to a career no other rock n roll band has ever come anywhere close to matching, and that we all know no other band ever will.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 2, 2021 10:33

georgemcdonnell314

This, I HOPE, is correct. Especially taken with the "the world hasn't heard the last of Charlie Watts" remarks made in recent interviews.

Rod

Date: December 2, 2021 12:35

bitusa2012
georgemcdonnell314

This, I HOPE, is correct. Especially taken with the "the world hasn't heard the last of Charlie Watts" remarks made in recent interviews.

The album WILL be part of the 60th Anniversary celebrations next year. I've said this (repeatedly) for years already and now I say it again.

Date: December 2, 2021 12:46

retired_dog
bitusa2012
georgemcdonnell314

The album WILL be part of the 60th Anniversary celebrations next year. I've said this (repeatedly) for years already and now I say it again.

And it sounds plausible indeed.

However, do we know this?

Date: December 2, 2021 13:14

DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
bitusa2012
georgemcdonnell314

Know? Well, that's the most educated guess I could (again, repeatedly) get from "inside people", and I don't mean any fans/superfans or even industry people here. I trust them - and they trust me, mabye because I never get too intrusive, like: "Can you please call Mick and ask him to definitely confirm this or that". You simply don't do that if you want to keep the contact(s). And you must know exactly what you can tell and what you better keep for yourself.

Date: December 2, 2021 13:51

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
retired_dog
bitusa2012
georgemcdonnell314

Know? Well, that's the most educated guess I could (again, repeatedly) get from "inside people", and I don't mean any fans/superfans or even industry people here. I trust them - and they trust me, mabye because I never get too intrusive, like: "Can you please call Mick and ask him to definitely confirm this or that". You simply don't do that if you want to keep the contact(s). And you must know exactly what you can tell and what you better keep for yourself.

thumbs up

Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 2, 2021 18:53

Being probably their last work i only hope it's better than A Bigger Bang! But the studio version of Ghost Town, cold and soulless to me, doesn't make me optimistic. I hope i'm wrong!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 2, 2021 23:24

Whatever they could release is going to be criticized in this forum

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 2, 2021 23:27

The thread title has changed. I guess that means the new album won't be coming in 2021.
60th or Bust! England's Oldest Hitmakers!

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: December 3, 2021 00:04

I just saw the new thread title.

There is always hope!

Date: December 3, 2021 00:17

I’ll like the thread title when the question mark is removed after the year.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: December 3, 2021 06:22

KeithNacho

You betcha! However, we here in this thread also made good use of the pre-album time period and already anticipated whatever criticism one might utter so when the album finally arrives there won't be much left to criticize because it all has long been said ... winking smiley

Date: December 3, 2021 07:41

makemeburnthecandle
I’ll like the thread title when the question mark is removed after the year.

There will be its own thread.

Of course, IF.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 3, 2021 17:44

KeithNacho

LOL, that's an understatement.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 3, 2021 23:00

I will hope for them to do many different songs like sweet black angel to salt of the earth to back of my hand to hot stuff to dead flowers to I am waiting to slipping away
Yes rocks off jumping jack
But release 26 songs
We just came out of a world
Situation..
Throw all the shit again the wall see what sticks
You are the rolling stones
No band will ever be you

Date: December 5, 2021 07:24

It's extremely unlikely they'll be a giggle and name it in regard to when they started out, yet alone have "60/Sixty" in it. As easy as it could've been in 2012, as Keith's shoes testified with FIFTY LICKS, they've never repeated a hits comp name so... why anyone would think SIXTY LICKS would come about I dunno.

I'm sure some brilliant name will be thought of, like that ridiculous one in 2012, only hopefully not, but there's no reason to suspect otherwise.

But the new studio album with something hinting 60 in it - that would date it. Based on what Mick has said about "it's gotta be good", which, of course, is his mindset now, or has been recently, opposed to, oh, 1994-2005, when being on a record contract still mattered - who knows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...481482483484485486487488489490491...LastNext
Current Page: 486 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home