Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...480481482483484485486487488489490...LastNext
Current Page: 485 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2021 05:00

Please. They'll need something for Christmas next year, like Tattoo You is for this year. (Why hasn't ABKCO tried to trail along with some kind of release this time around?)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 6, 2021 05:16

24FPS
Please. They'll need something for Christmas next year, like Tattoo You is for this year. (Why hasn't ABKCO tried to trail along with some kind of release this time around?)

That's outdated marketing. TATTOO YOU isn't "something for Christmas". They aren't going to work on something for however many years just so there's "something for Christmas".

Think they released their last three 1960s albums in December as "something for Christmas"? No album was released in December in an of the 1970, 80s or ever since.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 08:31

beachbreak
Probably just a new song or two on compilations or anniversary reissues.

They could be ones written some time ago but never finished and released.

Well that would be just Ggggggrrrrrrr !!!!!

… oh wait….

Rod

Date: November 6, 2021 09:22

GasLightStreet
24FPS

That's outdated marketing. TATTOO YOU isn't "something for Christmas". They aren't going to work on something for however many years just so there's "something for Christmas".

Think they released their last three 1960s albums in December as "something for Christmas"? No album was released in December in an of the 1970, 80s or ever since.

Blue And Lonesome

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 6, 2021 12:27

beachbreak
Probably just a new song or two on compilations or anniversary reissues.

They could be ones written some time ago but never finished and released.

sad smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 6, 2021 12:31

Hairball
doitywoik
KRiffhard
Don't worry...they're "working on it"!!!

It'll be called "Work in Progress", consisting of empty tracks only and the song titles will be "We'll get back to you later pt. 1 - n" ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All in all, each song is just another brick in the wall...and at this rate you'd think they're building a replica of the great wall of China...
Remember way back when with all the positive/productive talk of 40 demos and 3 dynamite riffs? Maybe all of that is hidden within the single Living in a Ghost Town?

Damn! You might be right! I never thought of that! Maybe it was in fact just 40 bars and 3 syncopated beats?

Or are we getting something akin to The Collected History & Improvisations Of The Rolling Stones ... just in time for the 70th anniversary?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:05

Next year in June will comes out the new album with the European Tour.
In February the last touch with a couple of weeks of studio sessions, then in March mixing and overdubs.First single in March/April.
This is my prediction

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:20

My prediction is just enjoy the tattoo you thing stuff

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:26

Mick's 40 demos don't mean much until Keith approves them.

There's nothing wrong with a Christmas release. McCartney cleaned up last year with clever packaging, and Abba will probably clean up this Christmas.

I am sticking by my prediction that they will re

Date: November 6, 2021 14:36

Mick's 40 demos don't mean much until Keith approves them.

There's nothing wrong with having product out for Christmas. McCartney cleaned up last year with clever packaging, and Abba will probably clean up this year.

I am sticking by my prediction that they will release the new album next year to coincide with the anniversary and we'll as either a European tour or a short residency in London. All the publicity piggybacking on each other. March-May for the new album, shows in June-November, then, yes, probably something for Christmas. A new book, new Greatest Hits, or a deluxe version of the new album. Something along those lines.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 6, 2021 14:41

New album is almost ready.They're waiting the right time to publish it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2021 18:34

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Blue And Lonesome

thumbs up
You don't generally release things in December for Christmas. You release things in late summer, early fall to give people plenty of time to get it for the Holidays. Like Goats Head Soup in the 70s. Tattoo You in the 80s. Bridges to Babylon in the 90s. A Bigger Bang in the 2000s. You don't release something on December 25th. GRRR in the 2010s. There's tons more. Greatest Hits packages, etc.

Date: November 7, 2021 02:56

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Blue And Lonesome

HA HA HA HA HA forgot to look at that one!

Date: November 7, 2021 03:01

24FPS
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Blue And Lonesome

thumbs up
You don't generally release things in December for Christmas. You release things in late summer, early fall to give people plenty of time to get it for the Holidays. Like Goats Head Soup in the 70s. Tattoo You in the 80s. Bridges to Babylon in the 90s. A Bigger Bang in the 2000s. You don't release something on December 25th. GRRR in the 2010s. There's tons more. Greatest Hits packages, etc.

Fall releases are fall releases. "Oh, just in time for Christmas"? That's convenient. I call bullocks. The Stones never released any greatest hits package with Christmas in mind. That 2012 release came out prior to the tour.

Has Mick ever uttered such a thing? I've never read such nonsense from him.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2021 04:24

As per the liner notes (not from Mick though) Forty Licks was released as a "handy souvenir"

Date: November 7, 2021 05:00

mailexile67

Correction: Maybe better put it like this: "New album is almost ready.They're waiting the right time to record it ..." winking smiley

Date: November 7, 2021 09:15

doitywoik
mailexile67

Correction: Maybe better put it like this: "New album is almost ready.They're waiting the right time to record it ..." winking smiley

thumbs up

Date: November 7, 2021 17:00

Someday there will be a sticky here that says "New Stones Album" and there won't be a question mark at the end. And it will be glorious. The day the new record is announced, it will be such a huge rush. Finding out the title, seeing the cover, seeing the track listing, hearing the first single...

And the day the whole record becomes available for listening will be so exciting. It will be a little bittersweet because this time will likely be "the last time" the world hears a new Rolling Stones album, but it will be so great to finally hear the music we've been waiting for for so long.

Come on, Stones!

Date: November 13, 2021 16:17

C'mon boys! After the last date of the tour go straight into the studio to finish the new album!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: November 13, 2021 16:31

Forget it already! A live album at the most

What Did Jagger Say About The New/Next Album?
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 11, 2021 10:36

Here's an email exchange between Dan and I. Tell us what you think...

[www.youtube.com]

++++++

Subject: Mick Jagger Accidentally Confirms New Rolling Stones Album at Dallas 2021 Show!

Pulling Our Leg????? I believe so...there have been a lot of jokes on stage lately.
Hopefully true and we get that album...even if it is re-recorded outtakes mixed with a few new cuts!

++++++

I wrote:

(Not actually believe the Stones will play a new song from an upcoming album to be released in time for Christmas...)

We're getting a new album. Jagger has been talking about it. He said he wants it to be really good that's why it's taking so long to get it together.

I hope they play that new song in Atlanta from the new album. I'm psyched! LOL!

++++++

Dan responded:

That kid in the video has NO CLUE...Start Me Up IS from their new album on sale- The Tattoo You Deluxe! The humorous quips are in every show....Jagger is relaxed and playing with us nightly.

Yes, a new album is a strong possibility. Eventually....it is the 60th anniversary next year. It would be great if they had basic tracks with Charlie on them to serve as a tribute. Perfect timing. Or is it?

The "...really good" storyline is getting old. It has been 5 years. A bridge and chorus, and even new lyrics could have been perfected by now. He modernized It's A Lie with almost completely, new lyrics 'lickety split' - You should Have seen her Ass was reincarnated into All The Rage. It is not that hard IF they are dedicated to it. Riffs come up in rehearsals all the time....The business model of an album is dead.

That being said, The Stones 'owe us' nothing, but I hope they throw us a bone!

No way, new unreleased song this tour. Not enough slots. We are lucky to have heard Ghost Town, and Trouble's A Coming. I hope I am wrong for your sake.

Hopefully, the rest of the shows get a boost of an alternate song like they did in Dallas dusting off Heartbreaker. Where the heck are Tattoo You songs?

Love "Danny Downer" ; )

++++++

Yes, Danny Downer, you put a 'put a pin in my balloon!' I'm seeing (and hearing) the Stones tonight and was hoping for the new song!

As I've poured through countless interviews lately for the Radio Segment of our Blues Project, there was an interview very recently where Jagger talks about the next album. Jagger doesn't want to throw something together as he did with the bonus tracks for the GHS and Tattoo Deluxe. He wants to make a great album [www.youtube.com] 2:00 Good interview.

Oh, is Tattoo You Deluxe their new album? Fred said it was a bunch of old outtakes put together. There's the new reggae Start Me Up, I really like it.

Charlie is all over the next album. It'll be a blockbuster. It's the next Some Girls or Tattoo You. Jagger knows he hasn't much time, another twenty years if he's lucky, probably 15. He wants their last studio album to be huge. They need it so everyone can say the Stones were number one through their last album. And it will be their greatest album in twenty years!

The kid in the video was funny. He was excited. He didn't know what Keith said! LOL!

What happened to Trouble's a Comin', my favorite song of the tour. They probably got it down, now they'll overdub it for an upcoming live album of a 60 Year Retrospect Box they've been planning since the 1990's I call the Dream Box.

++++++

See, Dan, Mick is getting ready to play the new song live in concert ;0)

Mick Jagger Rehearses More of the New Unreleased Song “Really Wanna Tell The Truth”

[www.youtube.com]

Re: What Did Jagger Say About The New/Next Album?
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: November 11, 2021 10:56

I wrote,

"The humorous quips are in every show....Jagger is relaxed and playing with us nightly."

So, Mick thinks it's funny to say Paul McCartney was coming on stage for a Blues cover? I wanted to see Paul.

Paul is funny saying the Stones are a Blues Cover Band, keeping the rivalry going more than half of a century later. More importantly, getting big headlines that THE STONES ARE A GREAT BLUES BAND STILL! And Paul getting publicity for his new book. LOL! ROTFL!

Who said, "The Stones are the greatest White Blues Band ever?"

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 13, 2021 16:38

calipachangero
A live album? We’ve never had one of those before. How exciting! eye rolling smiley

Date: November 13, 2021 21:31

calipachangero

sad smiley

Date: November 15, 2021 05:59

FOUR YEARS in to a tour that, name wise, makes zero sense, and no live album except for what came out with HONK.

That's your live album.

It can't be improved upon, in so many ways, except for the songs on it, and they're already available in much better form on almost every live release.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 08:12

I guess, they'll release an album of the No Filter Tour. There is more than enough material of the tour going on since september 2017...
May be Paris and one of the present shows.
Saying this I know it's just my wish.

Date: November 16, 2021 00:44

bam
A live album? We’ve never had one of those before. How exciting! eye rolling smiley

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that they still release one. Only questions: what for (aside from $$$), and for whom? I think it was for a reason that the last one only came in tow with Honk. It's not that the present tour is packed with never-before played songs or totally new arrangements of songs so different they have to be documented for posterity. Whatever would end up on a potential new live album, there's a good chance we've already heard it better.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: November 16, 2021 01:00

New album will be April/May ,2022.... It's been a while but that's when it will Arrive!!!!!! Stay well Everyone.M

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 16, 2021 01:34

doitywoik
bam

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that they still release one. Only questions: what for (aside from $$$), and for whom? I think it was for a reason that the last one only came in tow with Honk. It's not that the present tour is packed with never-before played songs or totally new arrangements of songs so different they have to be documented for posterity. Whatever would end up on a potential new live album, there's a good chance we've already heard it better.

If only for the curious like me to have an excellent soundboard recording of the Steve Jordan-era Stones...

Date: November 16, 2021 06:47

A modern (well, meanwhile not really that modern anymore) alternative to a live album would be for them to make soundboards of shows available, like Phish and others do almost for decades.
Honestly speaking, Steve's drumming alone wouldn't motivate me to buy yet another live album if that's the only novel thing on offer on it. But you're right that something documenting Steve Jordan with the Stones wouldn't hurt either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-16 14:39 by doitywoik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...480481482483484485486487488489490...LastNext
Current Page: 485 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home