Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...479480481482483484485486487488489...LastNext
Current Page: 484 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 12, 2021 01:32

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 11, 2021 02:44

Allegedly Charlie did a session with Mick and Ronnie a few months ago at Ronnie's home studio. Keith did overdubs at Germano.

where did you hear this

Date: September 12, 2021 01:38

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: September 11, 2021 00:59

My guess is that we will see more than one album. I think what has been going on can be compared to the Some Girls-sessions, just of course in another tempo.

makes me wonder if in the future we'll see box sets and box sets worth of outtakes

i also wonder if maybe the person who leaked the fully finished outtakes has greater access then we think and the other alleged 100 tracks could be outtakes from recent sessions maybe why they haven't been released yet is because they don't want to piss off the band and they're waiting till after the the new album is out

na i'm just crazy its probably just a 100 outtakes of sex drive

Date: September 12, 2021 02:45

ProfessorWolf

Allegedly Charlie did a session with Mick and Ronnie a few months ago at Ronnie's home studio. Keith did overdubs at Germano.

where did you hear this

I was told this. I don't know that it's reliable which is why I said allegedly. I did question whether they were talking about finishing up the Tattoo You bonus tracks and was told no, that it was a session before that in the Spring and was for new material. If it did happen, I would imagine Ronnie or Mick will confirm it in interviews once the tour is going and Tattoo You Deluxe is released.

Date: September 12, 2021 02:49

thank you for responding that is interesting information i wonder how many studio sessions they've done that we don't know about over the last couple of years

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2021 02:49

....keep praying I say ....

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2021 02:52

it's also good to know charlie got to play with most of them in the same room one last time before he passed its comforting to know the last time wasn't air drumming to ycagwyw

Date: October 2, 2021 16:55

Rocky Dijon
ProfessorWolf

where did you hear this

I was told this. I don't know that it's reliable which is why I said allegedly. I did question whether they were talking about finishing up the Tattoo You bonus tracks and was told no, that it was a session before that in the Spring and was for new material. If it did happen, I would imagine Ronnie or Mick will confirm it in interviews once the tour is going and Tattoo You Deluxe is released.

Nice to hear Mick confirmed that Charlie was part of the sessions in the Spring and that new material was worked on.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:33

From an interview with Mikael Wood of the Los Angeles Times, published October 7:

The pandemic slowed work on the Stones’ latest studio album, their first of original songs since “A Bigger Bang” in 2005. “If everything hadn’t gotten closed down, we might’ve finished the damn thing,” Richards said. Added Jagger: “We have a lot of tracks done, so when the tour’s finished we’ll assess where we are with that and continue.”

Both men were reluctant to describe the new music in any detail. Yet they happily confirmed that their late drummer — the steadfast presence they'll have to get used to not seeing when they turn around onstage — laid down his parts for a number of songs before he died.

“Let me put it this way,” Richards said. “You haven’t heard the last of Charlie Watts.”

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:47

The two plausible release dates would be a) for Christmas 2021 b) for the 60th jubilee in 2022. Or never...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 7, 2021 22:59

Stoneage
The two plausible release dates would be a) for Christmas 2021 b) for the 60th jubilee in 2022. Or never...

Or when it is finished.

Instead of seeking an outward occasion for the release (and somehow let the release be drowned in that outward occasion), let the release create an occasion, the occasion, in itself.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 7, 2021 23:00

Stoneage

Xmas 2021 is no longer possible - the record manufacturers need the Master-Tapes at least 8-12 weeks before the release date.

Date: October 7, 2021 23:05

bye bye johnny

Jagger: “We have a lot of tracks done, so when the tour’s finished we’ll assess where we are with that and continue.”

Keith, end of 2018: "Like I say, early stages. I would say if I’m looking at it, we’re going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection" - [www.RollingStone.com] . winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 7, 2021 23:35

I never expected that ABBA would release their new album before the Stones would

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 11, 2021 08:53

C'mon boys...go back in the studio as soon as possible!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 11, 2021 11:48

Latest statement here [www.yahoo.com] (taken from another thread):

The pandemic slowed work on the Stones’ latest studio album, their first of original songs since “A Bigger Bang” in 2005. “If everything hadn’t gotten closed down, we might’ve finished the damn thing,” Richards said. Added Jagger: “We have a lot of tracks done, so when the tour’s finished we’ll assess where we are with that and continue.”

Both men were reluctant to describe the new music in any detail. Yet they happily confirmed that their late drummer — the steadfast presence they'll have to get used to not seeing when they turn around onstage — laid down his parts for a number of songs before he died.

“Let me put it this way,” Richards said. “You haven’t heard the last of Charlie Watts.”

Date: October 11, 2021 12:10

doitywoik

Latest statement here [www.yahoo.com] (taken from another thread):

Same as above - [iorr.org] - [www.LATimes.com] .

Date: November 5, 2021 10:50

If the new Stones Studio-Album gets the same Hype-Sticker then? winking smiley

(Picture by AFP)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 5, 2021 11:33

Don't worry...they're "working on it"!!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 5, 2021 13:42

KRiffhard

It'll be called "Work in Progress", consisting of empty tracks only and the song titles will be "We'll get back to you later pt. 1 - n" ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 5, 2021 20:33

It could be called "Voyages in Chinese Democracy" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 5, 2021 21:16

Irix
If the new Stones Studio-Album gets the same Hype-Sticker then? winking smiley

(Picture by AFP)
Wrong cover winking smiley

Actually, there are 4 other versions with individual pictures used as a front cover.
This is the way you make money winking smiley.

Date: November 5, 2021 21:30

ironbelly

This is the way you make money winking smiley.

But the punch line was that the new Album took 40 years .... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 5, 2021 21:53

I don't understand, Mick's always working on songs for the reissues: laying down new vocals, writing new lyrics, producing them.. and then the "new" songs don't really get noticed because they're on a bonus disc for some reissue.. they should be released as NEW ALBUMS.. ABBA is doing the same thing: the songs on their new album were demos in the 80s and 90s, and now the album's a hit. Songs like Living in the Heart of Love and Troubles a’ Comin’, combined with completely new songs like Ghost Town would make a decent new Stones album!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 5, 2021 23:50

NilsHolgersson
I don't understand, Mick's always working on songs for the reissues: laying down new vocals, writing new lyrics, producing them.. and then the "new" songs don't really get noticed because they're on a bonus disc for some reissue.. they should be released as NEW ALBUMS.. ABBA is doing the same thing: the songs on their new album were demos in the 80s and 90s, and now the album's a hit. Songs like Living in the Heart of Love and Troubles a’ Comin’, combined with completely new songs like Ghost Town would make a decent new Stones album!

I would not be surprised if the "new" album will include some songs that were not written in recent years... Still In Love, Desperate Man and the like...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2021 00:20

doitywoik
KRiffhard

It'll be called "Work in Progress", consisting of empty tracks only and the song titles will be "We'll get back to you later pt. 1 - n" ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

All in all, each song is just another brick in the wall...and at this rate you'd think they're building a replica of the great wall of China...
Remember way back when with all the positive/productive talk of 40 demos and 3 dynamite riffs? Maybe all of that is hidden within the single Living in a Ghost Town?

Date: November 6, 2021 01:04

Hairball
doitywoik
KRiffhard

All in all, each song is just another brick in the wall...and at this rate you'd think they're building a replica of the great wall of China...
Remember way back when with all the positive/productive talk of 40 demos and 3 dynamite riffs? Maybe all of that is hidden within the single Living in a Ghost Town?

Good one!

But seriously, that's where the problem is: They simply talked too much. For the good observer though it was clear that Bridges To Babylon was the end of the band as an at least quite regularily (every 3-4 years) "prolific" recording band. 8 years until the lacklustre ABB and another 11 years until the blues covers Blues & Lonesome were telling enough and should have been telling enough for any longtime follower of the band that their days as creative recording artists were over and that any release would be just icings on a cake, but not essential nor a necessity to sell concert tickets, their arguably main income line with merchandise associated.

They always had their 60th Anniversary in mind for a most likely final album as a living band, despite any wishful thinking amongst fans fuelled by their statements over the past couple of years.

Date: November 6, 2021 01:13

Witness
Stoneage

Or when it is finished.

Instead of seeking an outward occasion for the release (and somehow let the release be drowned in that outward occasion), let the release create an occasion, the occasion, in itself.

A philosophically excellent idea that would lead to financially unsatisfactory results, considering the free promotion and public attention associated with their anniversary next year and the sad fact that they, just like any other older acts, are no longer able to create an occasion just with the release of a new album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 6, 2021 01:30

They even had Charlie fooled in to thinking a new album was either completed or near completion...to paraphrase him from c.2017..."so where's the new album"?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 6, 2021 02:41

retired_dog
Witness
Stoneage

Or when it is finished.

A philosophically excellent idea that would lead to financially unsatisfactory results, considering the free promotion and public attention associated with their anniversary next year and the sad fact that they, just like any other older acts, are no longer able to create an occasion just with the release of a new album.

They could if they wanted to. Obviously it would need to be handled right ie just a new LP by the Stones, not THE LAST ALBUM EVER etc even though Mick stated such a thing.

Besides, only the people that are interested in the Stones releasing a new LP are going to participate, and the Stones cover the world, so it would still be a big deal for a few days - not completely different from the past. B&L was huge, all things considered.

Making money off a new release? That's over. At least in the way it's meant or thought of.

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: November 6, 2021 02:49

Probably just a new song or two on compilations or anniversary reissues.

They could be ones written some time ago but never finished and released.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...479480481482483484485486487488489...LastNext
Current Page: 484 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home