Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...475476477478479480481482483484485...LastNext
Current Page: 480 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2021 16:52

More Hot Honk Grrrlicks...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:38

With the US tour about to start and Charlie recuperating from whatever surgery he had to undergo it seems unlikely they will finish the album anytime soon. (And it doesn't seem like it's meanwhile in the can.) My hope is they somehow get it done after the US tour (and before potential EU dates) and the album will be there for the 60th anniversary next year (or the year after, depending on who's counting how ... winking smiley)

A 60th anniversary compilation is inevitable, I think.

shortfatfanny
More Hot Honk Grrrlicks...

Seems good enough a title to me spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2021 06:23

They started on it many years ago, and will finish it many years from now...maybe...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 7, 2021 15:13

If they wait two long it will be something like "Thick As A Brick 2" (with some "Night Cap" thrown in for good measure) without there being TAAB 1 ... Like, "The ROLLING STONES' Mick Jagger plays ... "

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 9, 2021 18:14

Big Al
VoodooLounge13
O speculation yet on how many songs might be on the new album. Living In A Ghost Town would be one cut, no?

By the time any new studio album is finished and released, I’d say Living in a Ghost Town will be last the contention stage. I prefer the idea of it being a stand-alone release, anyway.

I'm thinking it's on there. Even if it's a Japan-only bonus track. Or if not, then definitely it'd be on the 60 Licks - gotta account for it somewhere.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 9, 2021 18:43

VoodooLounge13
Big Al
VoodooLounge13
O speculation yet on how many songs might be on the new album. Living In A Ghost Town would be one cut, no?

By the time any new studio album is finished and released, I’d say Living in a Ghost Town will be last the contention stage. I prefer the idea of it being a stand-alone release, anyway.

I'm thinking it's on there. Even if it's a Japan-only bonus track. Or if not, then definitely it'd be on the 60 Licks - gotta account for it somewhere.

Oh, it’ll definitely be on any forthcoming hits/best-of compilation. Even though it wasn’t a ‘hit’ in every territory, it’s a largely significant recording and release.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 12:17

@Georgelicks

Does UMG expects new studio album next year?!It would be the night time with the 60th Anniversary and hopefully some European gigs.The last Anthology has been "Honk" issued "only" two years ago...What do you think about the new album release next year?!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 10, 2021 13:06

If they can't make the 2022/60th deadline it's hard to see a "new" album ever coming out again !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 10, 2021 14:59

gotdablouse
If they can't make the 2022/60th deadline it's hard to see a "new" album ever coming out again !

Yes. But even in this case, I would not say "never", it's only that the next "right opportunity" could be a very sad one, and I'm sure we all don't want to see this.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 10, 2021 16:42

I feel like there's probably a bunch of Mick songs ready to go and Keith just doesn't like most of them because they're too pop. Meanwhile, Keith hasn't really written much since 1997.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 10, 2021 17:05

Send It To me
I feel like there's probably a bunch of Mick songs ready to go and Keith just doesn't like most of them because they're too pop. Meanwhile, Keith hasn't really written much since 1997.

...or he has written "masterpieces" like "Infamy", " This place is empty" or "Losing my touch". sad smiley

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 10, 2021 17:25

KRiffhard
Send It To me

...or he has written "masterpieces" like "Infamy", " This place is empty" or "Losing my touch". sad smiley
If he hasn't written anything since 1997 how come he put out a solo album?
Btw i like the songs you mention

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 10, 2021 17:49

Keith has written songs...................with Steve Jordan!-Didn't he co-write One more shot?

interesting that they could knock around a few ideas on tour, and get Sir Mick involved, Also Matt Clifford will be around I assume. Lock em all in a room until its finished!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 10, 2021 18:31

Another Bigger Bang? Im cool with no album just as they the band seem to be.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 10, 2021 19:01

ukcal
Keith has written songs...................with Steve Jordan!-Didn't he co-write One more shot?

interesting that they could knock around a few ideas on tour, and get Sir Mick involved, Also Matt Clifford will be around I assume. Lock em all in a room until its finished!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Keith ever said anything about his opinion on Clifford or even acknowledged him?

Date: August 10, 2021 19:37

Nikkei
ukcal

Has Keith ever said anything about his opinion on Clifford or even acknowledged him?

Did you see the look Keith gave Clifford in the SW docu? Keith added backing vocals to Mixed Emotions. Then Clifford said "you got the job". If looks could kill... smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2021 19:47

DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
ukcal

Did you see the look Keith gave Clifford in the SW docu? Keith added backing vocals to Mixed Emotions. Then Clifford said "you got the job". If looks could kill... smiling smiley

Didn't see it yet but I know people who try such a type of joke and it kind of confirms my opinion on him. On recent tours he managed to get himself in a very prominent position onstage for practically all the show where you have to wonder at times what he even thinks he's doing there. If they have eye contact I imagine it sort of awkward.

Date: August 10, 2021 20:04

Nikkei
DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
ukcal

Didn't see it yet but I know people who try such a type of joke and it kind of confirms my opinion on him. On recent tours he managed to get himself in a very prominent position onstage for practically all the show where you have to wonder at times what he even thinks he's doing there. If they have eye contact I imagine it sort of awkward.

Matt is probably going for being in the final bow next... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 11, 2021 00:42

I just came up with a great title for their next hit album: "In Our Prime"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2021 02:47

NilsHolgersson
I just came up with a great title for their next hit album: "In Our Prime"

How about, "The Little Wattless Wonders"?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 11, 2021 05:21

How about "Watts Missing"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2021 05:35

schillid
How about "Watts Missing"

Charlie Was My Darling?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 11, 2021 07:06

KRiffhard
Send It To me

Those are masterpieces?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 11, 2021 12:36

24FPS
KRiffhard
Send It To me

Those are masterpieces?

No, are horrible songs!

Date: August 11, 2021 13:23

I like "Losing My Touch" for Keiths use of the word lockdown, as in stand-off situation, who dares to make a move

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:16

Keith had a few good ones on Cross Eyed Heart.

About a new Stones album, I think that ship has sailed away, won't happen.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:43

I actually think they have an album and are holding onto it for a 2022 release to coincide with the 60th anniversary. It's rather fitting.......color me optimistic!

Date: August 12, 2021 01:28

I think they have plenty of songs finished that we don't know about. None of us know for certain and they probably aren't telling us but they were doing something during this pandemic.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2021 01:49

Hoping for another new Stones single ala Ghost Town....and if not, a new Keith solo album ala Crosseyed Heart.
A full Stones album would be nice, but probably won't happen...at most maybe two new songs slapped on to another "Best Of" package...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 12, 2021 02:55

Re: New Stones album for 2021? new
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 10, 2021 17:25

KRiffhard
Send It To me

If he hasn't written anything since 1997 how come he put out a solo album?
Btw i like the songs you mention

i like those to losing my touch is the best infamy though is.....ok

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...475476477478479480481482483484485...LastNext
Current Page: 480 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1596
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home