Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...469470471472473474475476477478479...LastNext
Current Page: 474 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:49

gotdablouse
Nice enough but let's hope that's not one of his "dynamite riffs"...in any case it's not getting us any closer to a new album !

au contraire

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:58

MelBelli
Steve on drums. Can’t draw any definitive conclusions; that’s how Keith has been working for the last several years.

Nice, and keeping it simple. It's as if he's trying to conjure up ghosts from the distant past when he was a young lad learning his Chuck Berry stuff - kind of reverting to his childhood..
I'd imagine this would be more appropriate for a new solo album vs. a Stones album, maybe a vintage cover tune...or maybe just a basic practice jam to loosen up a bit and limber up his fingers....
Certainly not breaking any new ground which in this case could actually be a good thing - if it ain't broke....

Whatever the case, it's good to see Keith...it's good to see Keith anywhere...Go Keith thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-03 20:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 3, 2021 23:53

MelBelli
Steve on drums. Can’t draw any definitive conclusions; that’s how Keith has been working for the last several years.

Jordan on drum and a faster "Brand New Car"...nothing special.
I hope it's not one of the famous " dynamite riff".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-03 23:54 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 5, 2021 19:26

I ‘get’ the excitement, but it’s just Keith playing what he’s been practicing since the days in his bedroom in Dartford. There’s nothing to really see, here.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 5, 2021 22:04

KRiffhard
MelBelli

Jordan on drum and a faster "Brand New Car"...nothing special.
I hope it's not one of the famous " dynamite riff".

Brand New Car, I love it. I heard (a little) Little Queenie. Brand New Little Queenie...smoking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 6, 2021 17:35

Sounds just like a warm-up or generic leisure-time noodling, not like the blueprint of a “new” song. (Otherwise, our grandkids will find out once the album is released - if they are lucky.)

bitusa2012
AC/DC, The Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen & The ESB, all “legacy acts” (maybe not the Foos!) can all create new albums as working bands. Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan STILL CREATE new music.

Add to the list the German band Kraan (who had their 50th anniversary in 2020), who recorded their best album in decades while in lockdown last year without meeting in person even once.

Date: April 6, 2021 22:40

Keith Is In a ship travelling, maybe to France! Anyway can't wait to hear when the boys can get together again
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 6, 2021 22:53

Living the pirate life

Date: April 12, 2021 10:13

We should stop writing about the Stones hitting a wall. They're now using it on their merch...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 12, 2021 14:14

grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: April 12, 2021 23:33

The wall hitting the Stones? grinning smiley

New album title: The Wall Strikes Back ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-12 23:35 by doitywoik.

Date: April 13, 2021 00:42

Acceptance of hitting The Wall is the one of the five steps in the healing process for the band.
First denial and confusion, then anger and frustration, then a covers album, then acceptance, and eventually productivity and accomplishment.
Still a ways to go for that final step, but at least they're on the path for success.thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 13, 2021 01:27

DiegoGlimmerStones
Keith Is In a ship travelling, maybe to France! Anyway can't wait to hear when the boys can get together again
[www.instagram.com]

Looks like he's in his place in the Caribbean. He's not getting to France in that boat and they're not letting him in anyway.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2021 05:30

Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

Looks like he's in his place in the Caribbean. He's not getting to France in that boat and they're not letting him in anyway.

Last I knew he doesn't have a place in the Caribbean anymore.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 13, 2021 08:22

GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

I believe he still does but not Jamaica.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 13, 2021 08:40

GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

Keith has a vacation home on a private island in the Turks and Caicos (which is where his recent Instagram photo was taken.) It's not technically the Caribbean but close enough.

Date: April 13, 2021 12:35

TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

Keith has a vacation home on a private island in the Turks and Caicos (which is where his recent Instagram photo was taken.) It's not technically the Caribbean but close enough.

Yep! Parrot Cay is the particular island where he has a home, I believe. Bruce Willis and various others of that ilk have property there, too. The Turks and Caicos is a British Overseas Territory.

Date: April 13, 2021 17:02

Big Al
TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

Yep! Parrot Cay is the particular island where he has a home, I believe. Bruce Willis and various others of that ilk have property there, too. The Turks and Caicos is a British Overseas Territory.

I believe Paul McCartney also - or at least he's a frequent visitor there? It was about ten years ago (give or take) when there was a story of Paul meeting up with Keith, and they actually jammed and wrote/recorded a song together. Unfortunately it never saw the light of day, but maybe it will be included on a future Keith solo album? Or maybe the next Stones album if there ever is one?

Date: April 13, 2021 17:04

Hairball
[
I believe Paul McCartney also - or at least he's a frequent visitor there? It was about ten years ago (give or take) when there was a story of Paul meeting up with Keith, and they actually jammed and wrote/recorded a song together. Unfortunately it never saw the light of day, but maybe it will be included on a future Keith solo album? Or maybe the next Stones album if there ever is one?

I think so, yes. Isn't their meet-up mentioned in Keith's Life autobiography?

Date: April 13, 2021 17:07

Big Al
Hairball
[

I think so, yes. Isn't their meet-up mentioned in Keith's Life autobiography?

Hmmm...maybe...been a while since I read Life, but it was released about a decade ago, so maybe that was the source.
I thought it was also in some magazines, newspapers, etc, but could have been an excerpt from the book itself.

Edit: You're right - just found this source, and I'm sure there were other sources that picked up the story: Macca Keith
Evidently the track was never even recorded.................

Keith Richards and Sir Paul McCartney Write Song Together
28 October 2010, 20:54 | Updated: 27 August 2013, 20:56

Keith Richards has made the revelation in his new autobiography 'Life'.
The Rolling Stones' guitarist writes: "He told me that because he was left-handed, he and John could play the guitars like mirrors opposite each other, watching each other's hands.
So we started playing like that. We even started composing a song together, a McCartney/Richards number whose lyrics were pinned to the wall for many weeks." But the track has never been recorded or played live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 17:13 by Hairball.

Date: April 13, 2021 20:13

TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

LOL 180 or so miles north of the Caribbean!

Keith getting some time in the Turks before hurricane season. Good decision. Based on some atmospheric observations it's quite likely there will be another Dorian type storm this year - and maybe a few of them.

Date: April 13, 2021 20:29

GasLightStreet
TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Rokyfan
DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com]

LOL 180 or so miles north of the Caribbean!

Keith getting some time in the Turks before hurricane season. Good decision. Based on some atmospheric observations it's quite likely there will be another Dorian type storm this year - and maybe a few of them.

It does make sense, yes. It’s my understanding that he spends the winter in the Turks and Caicos, followed by a couple of weeks at Redlands in the summer. I wonder when he was last as his most ‘well-known’, ‘Stones-related’ home?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 13, 2021 20:35

What happened to Point Of View near Ochi in JA? He divested himself of that property? I had not heard that as of the last time I was on the rock, my friend is one of the caretakers there and he didn't say anything about anything changing. But you never know I guess...

jb

Date: April 13, 2021 21:20

jbwelda
What happened to Point Of View near Ochi in JA? He divested himself of that property? I had not heard that as of the last time I was on the rock, my friend is one of the caretakers there and he didn't say anything about anything changing. But you never know I guess...

jb

Searched for it but came up with nothing. I recall reading something a few years back that the crime in the area had gotten pretty bad, which is saying something for Jamaica, so that was it, hence the Turks.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 13, 2021 22:59

GasLightStreet
jbwelda

jb

Searched for it but came up with nothing. I recall reading something a few years back that the crime in the area had gotten pretty bad, which is saying something for Jamaica, so that was it, hence the Turks.

I heard that Keith gifted the Jamaican house to his son Marlon some years ago but whether or not he still owns it is unknown. It was an old house that needed a lot of maintenance, and it was becoming difficult to travel there without attracting unwanted attention. His holiday home in T & C is larger and has more modern accommodations, is more private and has better security.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 23:06 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2021 16:00

Slightly off-topic:

Qobuz is since 2022 available in 24 countries:

France, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States.

New since 2021: Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand and since 2022: Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Portugal.

The Japanese [www.e-onkyo.com] was acquired by Qobuz in October 2021.

15-Apr-2021 - [www.PRNewswire.com] , 05-Oct-2021 - [www.Forbes.com] , 04-May-2022 - [www.Bloomberg.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-09 22:15 by Irix.

Date: April 17, 2021 14:22

Irix
Qobuz is now available in 18 countries:

Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom, Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, United States.

I'm a bit puzzled about the "now". Can't tell about the other countries on the list but in Austria Qobuz is available for quite a while now. I have an account there for several years. Never had a streaming subscription though, only using the download store. To make this slightly on-topic, I got my copy (i.e. lossless file) of Ghost Town from Qobuz when the song was released.

Date: April 17, 2021 14:55

doitywoik

I'm a bit puzzled about the "now".

That "now" (16-Apr-2021) referred to the 18 countries. Qobuz was founded in 2007 in France, end of 2013 it expanded to Austria, Switzerland, Germany, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland and end of 2017 to Spain & Italy. Since 2019 Qobuz is available in the United States and "now" additionally available in another 6 countries as described above. I'm a customer of Qobuz (France) since end of 2012, first bought the RS GRRR! HiRes-Download there - thanks to the Qobuz-posts of IORR-member kowalski.

Due to licensing rights it's btw difficult (or impossible) to buy HiRes-files from/in other countries - not only from Qobuz, but also from German [www.HighResAudio.com] , Japanese [www.e-onkyo.com] , [Mora.jp] or American [www.HDtracks.com] , [www.ProStudioMasters.com] . Since end of 2020 the US-vendor AcousticSounds.com stopped their HiRes-Store - so unfortunately no DSD-Downloads (Mono-Box, ABKCO) anymore from there.

Here's a comparison of Digital-Music-Stores - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-17 16:55 by Irix.

Date: April 17, 2021 15:10

Thanks @Irix, I hadn't realized at once that only the countries in bold type are new. Sloppy reading on my part ...

Date: April 17, 2021 16:40

doitywoik

Thanks @Irix, I hadn't realized at once that only the countries in bold type are new. Sloppy reading on my part ...

No problem - without your question I wouldn't know that Acoustic Sounds has no Download-Store anymore ....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...469470471472473474475476477478479...LastNext
Current Page: 474 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home