Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...468469470471472473474475476477478...LastNext
Current Page: 473 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 28, 2021 13:54

Evading the problem, MadMax, you chose to make an answer not to Bastion, but to retired dog in this way.

MadMax
retired_dog

Trapped!

Did I quote you or your taste while I slagged off stuff after 2010?? Posting backwards, you are the George Martin of this forum!

Maybe, MadMax, you instead ought to answer not my post here either, but Bastion's post above, which I quote as a reminder.

Bastion
MadMax
...pisses all over everything else that has been released by other artists since around 2010...

MadMax
I don't slag off your tastes in music...

You will probably be able to find Bastion's post.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 28, 2021 15:19

stargroover
We might as well retitle this thread “When will we be walking on Mars?”The rate things are going our walks will be over by the time they release owt.
For goodness sake get your fingers out and record!

thumbs up

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 28, 2021 15:21

Witness
Evading the problem, MadMax, you chose to make an answer not to Bastion, but to retired dog in this way.

MadMax
retired_dog

Trapped!

Did I quote you or your taste while I slagged off stuff after 2010?? Posting backwards, you are the George Martin of this forum!

Maybe, MadMax, you instead ought to answer not my post here either, but Bastion's post above, which I quote as a reminder.

Bastion
MadMax
...pisses all over everything else that has been released by other artists since around 2010...

MadMax
I don't slag off your tastes in music...

You will probably be able to find Bastion's post.

Sorry! I guess I ought to apologize to Retired Dog, I wrote it before I had my morning shot. My apologies Retired Dog! smileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 28, 2021 17:47

strat72
472 pages of bullshit.......

...and we like it smileys with beer

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 28, 2021 18:04

KRiffhard
strat72

Some do. I think it’s a shame. We are reduced to nonsensical posts, snippy replies, ridicule and wish lists. When the band just... well... Ronnie paints endlessly in whatever fashion he thinks may sell (he can’t seem to settle on his own style), Mick posts lovely Travel pictures of his time in Europe, Keith teases us with “new music in the horizon” (none of us or them ever reaches the horizon, of course) and Charlie... hibernates. Good luck to him.

AC/DC, The Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen & The ESB, all “legacy acts” (maybe not the Foos!) can all create new albums as working bands. Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan STILL CREATE new music. Our band? Asleep at the wheel.

Waiting for, what? As Mick once said, he wants the songs to be GREAT. If HIS idea of GREAT is England Lost, well I for one, would be happier with an official “it’s over”. If GREAT is more like Doom and Gloom, not spectacular, but a solid rocker, ditto for Living in a ghost Town... well, just get the bloody thing done and out. Christ, I am 67, they’re older. BE a working band, or pull the pin. Just let the world know... and then WE can put the mindless dribble of 473 pages about “their new album” to rest. It’s been 16 years since a new original album. Closer to 2 decades than 1... Jesus, FROM a working band???

I’ve had a bad day...

Rod

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-28 18:08 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2021 21:07

KRiffhard
strat72

I'm sensing this thread reaches 1,000 pages of bullshit before any new Stones material is officially released.
And at the rate this thread and the album making process has been going, that won't be until 2026 at the earliest.
Might as well sit back, get comfy, and enjoy the recent Fully Finished Studio Outtakes to the fullest. thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 29, 2021 02:38

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
strat72

Some do. I think it’s a shame. We are reduced to nonsensical posts, snippy replies, ridicule and wish lists. When the band just... well... Ronnie paints endlessly in whatever fashion he thinks may sell (he can’t seem to settle on his own style), Mick posts lovely Travel pictures of his time in Europe, Keith teases us with “new music in the horizon” (none of us or them ever reaches the horizon, of course) and Charlie... hibernates. Good luck to him.

AC/DC, The Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen & The ESB, all “legacy acts” (maybe not the Foos!) can all create new albums as working bands. Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan STILL CREATE new music. Our band? Asleep at the wheel.

Waiting for, what? As Mick once said, he wants the songs to be GREAT. If HIS idea of GREAT is England Lost, well I for one, would be happier with an official “it’s over”. If GREAT is more like Doom and Gloom, not spectacular, but a solid rocker, ditto for Living in a ghost Town... well, just get the bloody thing done and out. Christ, I am 67, they’re older. BE a working band, or pull the pin. Just let the world know... and then WE can put the mindless dribble of 473 pages about “their new album” to rest. It’s been 16 years since a new original album. Closer to 2 decades than 1... Jesus, FROM a working band???

I’ve had a bad day...

Why should they? Just because you may feel cheated if they don't?

I mean, why should they issue a public statement to confirm the obvious? All you need to do is checking the past decades to see that they're not the working band of the 60's, 70's, 80's or even 90's anymore. They're incredibly rich pensioners, part time working since so many years by now that everyone should be able to face reality.

If you think they're teasing us for nothing, I'm ready to believe you when their 60th Anniversary passes without any new material in sight.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 29, 2021 02:53

It must sound depressing to Mick.. a 60th Anniversary of his band.. in his mind he's still 27! Not something he'll want to celebrate

Date: March 29, 2021 03:20

Wondering if the latest massive leak of Fully Finished Studio Outtakes could deter any possible new material/surprises that they might have had planned, but that's assuming they have such plans. On the other hand,
having this massive amount of leaked material might be more valuable (and more enjoyable) to us as fans vs. a new/original song (or two) released either on it's own or tagged on to another expensive compilation.

The Rolling Stones 60th anniversary...a landmark occasion and something to look forward to for sure...maybe....hopefully...or maybe not.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2021 04:50

I can't see any boot leaks being a deterrent to releasing anything new. It's the internet. It's not just an album, the boots cover decades. It ends with the LICKS sessions, which isn't that long ago release wise (LOL 5 releases ago excluding any live albums). There's so much on YouTube alone... a lot of the commercially released music is available on Spotify etc...

If it was 1980 I could see it being an issue. Not in 2021.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 29, 2021 05:19

If any of these leaked tracks were considered for any 60th Anniversary projects, I doubt that we'll hear them in the form that got bootlegged now. There will most likely be further overdubs, edits and final mix decisions. As good as many of these tracks already are, I can still hear enough rough edges that might also annoy the band.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2021 08:55

NilsHolgersson
It must sound depressing to Mick.. a 60th Anniversary of his band.. in his mind he's still 27! Not something he'll want to celebrate

When he was promoting Undercover he often said he felt he was 20 like his band! An updated version didn't get peddled out for the 50th and Counting cash grab ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 30, 2021 15:14

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
strat72

I’ve had a bad day...

Altough I'm 20 years younger, I fully agree.

What have they done in recent years but squeezing money from concert audiences? Mick, Keith and Ron repeatedly talked about writing/recording/producing new songs for a Stones album. Maybe they create a monster record containing 60 songs or more but I doubt it. I assume they're just lacking creative ideas or constantly find out someone else already wrote this or that tune. It's sort of mystery to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-30 16:00 by Meise.

Date: March 30, 2021 15:45

The mystery is what Mick said regarding the quality of what it has to be when that has never been an issue since 1986 (mainly because UNDERCOVER was clearly not just thrown together). Maybe he was just generalizing but very little from the Stones has been high quality songwriting for eons.

Does that mean he has realized how poor the songwriting has been and it making sure nothing stinks and that's why it's taking so long? That certainly could be something. How long will Mick and Keith argue about direction when the clock is ticking loudly? Seems like they'd get over that but business as usual, I mean old habits die hard... something like that.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 30, 2021 17:58

Hairball
I'm sensing this thread reaches 1,000 pages of bullshit before any new Stones material is officially released.

At least, 1,000 pages of bullshit (us) is still more creative than nothing at all (them). winking smiley

They might do it Chuck Berry style, let 30 years pass and release the album when they are 90. Or outdo Chuck and wait till they are 100 ...

Or maybe one day we get a 100 CD box with the new album demos, subdivided in chapters like "Pre-Brickwall", "Post-Brickwall", "Horizon", "France & Sicily" and "Don't Hold Your Breath".

Whatever Mick is doing in Sicily or Keith is doing when wearing his pom pom hat, it seems unrealistic to me to expect anything big as long as the pandemic keeps going. Ghost Town only happened because it was recorded prior to Covid and Mick just had to record new lyrics in his home studio. After the pandemic they won't fool around in a studio but go on tour. But there's still hope for the 100 CD demo box ...

And after running out of setlists to paint, Ronnie might finally start to work on the Mondrian Stones painting ...

Date: March 30, 2021 19:04

doitywoik
Hairball

At least, 1,000 pages of bullshit (us) is still more creative than nothing at all (them). winking smiley

They might do it Chuck Berry style, let 30 years pass and release the album when they are 90. Or outdo Chuck and wait till they are 100 ...

Or maybe one day we get a 100 CD box with the new album demos, subdivided in chapters like "Pre-Brickwall", "Post-Brickwall", "Horizon", "France & Sicily" and "Don't Hold Your Breath".

Whatever Mick is doing in Sicily or Keith is doing when wearing his pom pom hat, it seems unrealistic to me to expect anything big as long as the pandemic keeps going. Ghost Town only happened because it was recorded prior to Covid and Mick just had to record new lyrics in his home studio. After the pandemic they won't fool around in a studio but go on tour. But there's still hope for the 100 CD demo box ...

And after running out of setlists to paint, Ronnie might finally start to work on the Mondrian Stones painting ...

smiling smiley

I like the 100 CD box subdivided in chapters idea of "Pre-Brickwall", "Post-Brickwall", "Horizon", "France & Sicily" and "Don't Hold Your Breath", and am willing to wait (if I live that long),
but realistically seems the only way we'll ever see something like that is if there's an unofficial leak such as the recently leaked Fully Finished Studio Outtakes 3 cd package.
To be honest though, I doubt they have anywhere near that amount of demos, but as the years go by I guess they could continue to pile them on.
Prolific Mick....and some dynamite riffs from Keith...might be a long time....we can only hope. thumbs up

lol.....the France and Sicily chapter...might have to skip that one....winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 30, 2021 20:20

bitusa2012
KRiffhard
strat72

I’ve had a bad day...

Asleep At The Wheel is a great band. cool smiley

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 1, 2021 17:40

Hairball
but realistically seems the only way we'll ever see something like that is if there's an unofficial leak such as the recently leaked Fully Finished Studio Outtakes 3 cd package.

I hate to admit it but you might well be on the right track here. I just don't think we will see any outtakes of ... um ... recent sessions as long as they are still making horizon statements of hoofing it of cruiseships etc., unless the new album comes out giving us the final versions. I don't know if there were any bootlegs ever featuring a substantial amount of unreleased (new) material before the respective album was out. If Mick hadn't sent his lawyers, Keith might have sent some of his heavier friends. In the 70s there were articles claiming that Keith was running around with tapes in his pockets of stuff they were working on to play or give them to people to listen. Dunno if this is true at all and if so, if some of these tapes were turned into boots before the album was released. Regarding the changes in recording technology and Keith's seeming withdrawal from or dwindling involvement in songwriting, I don't see much of a chance for outtakes to be brought into circulation by Keith himself. Rather, some studio people may manage to sneak out a copy of something they were/are working on. But they will certainly be rather careful not to circulate anything that could be traced back to them (lawyers, heavy friends, ...).

Hairball
lol.....the France and Sicily chapter...might have to skip that one....winking smiley

You might miss your chance to hear Mick sing O Sole Mio in the men's room of an Italian restaurant ... in Italy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Also, there's a good chance "France and Sicily" will be renamed "Trance in Sicily" ...

Date: April 1, 2021 19:06

GasLightStreet
The mystery is what Mick said regarding the quality of what it has to be when that has never been an issue since 1986 (mainly because UNDERCOVER was clearly not just thrown together). Maybe he was just generalizing but very little from the Stones has been high quality songwriting for eons.

Does that mean he has realized how poor the songwriting has been and it making sure nothing stinks and that's why it's taking so long? That certainly could be something. How long will Mick and Keith argue about direction when the clock is ticking loudly? Seems like they'd get over that but business as usual, I mean old habits die hard... something like that.

When you see they couldn't even agree on "horn ideas" for "Sex Drive" in 1991 (per the recent Record Collector) it's beyond hopeless that they'll agree on anything that would be "great" to both of them at this point in the game. Mick should put out the songs he likes as a solo album and get on with it. I guess he's scared stiff it would bomb, regardless of its merits, and he'd be a laughing stock.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: zeppo1 ()
Date: April 1, 2021 20:50

gotdablouse
When you see they couldn't even agree on "horn ideas" for "Sex Drive" in 1991 (per the recent Record Collector) it's beyond hopeless that they'll agree on anything that would be "great" to both of them at this point in the game.

Yowch.

In reading about the BTB sessions, I'm just learning that Keith used his own choice of producer for his own tracks. This seems to be par for the course with English rockers, as Roger Daltrey works with his own vocal producer since I think Quadraphenia.

Kinda depressing to think that this is what might be holding up a new release.

(gotablouse---do you remember what issue of Record Collector?)

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 1, 2021 21:21

gotdablouse
GasLightStreet

When you see they couldn't even agree on "horn ideas" for "Sex Drive" in 1991 (per the recent Record Collector) it's beyond hopeless that they'll agree on anything that would be "great" to both of them at this point in the game. Mick should put out the songs he likes as a solo album and get on with it. I guess he's scared stiff it would bomb, regardless of its merits, and he'd be a laughing stock.

Sicilian Trance a good title for the solo album.

Date: April 2, 2021 02:26

gotdablouse
GasLightStreet

What!? Couldn't agree on horn ideas? For a filler song? That's ridiculous!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 2, 2021 02:27

Haven't you never been horny.

Date: April 2, 2021 12:01

GasLightStreet
gotdablouse
GasLightStreet

What!? Couldn't agree on horn ideas? For a filler song? That's ridiculous!

Yep, and that was 30 years ago, imagine what it must be like now !

--------------

Date: April 2, 2021 12:52

gotdablouse
When you see they couldn't even agree on "horn ideas" for "Sex Drive" in 1991 (per the recent Record Collector) it's beyond hopeless that they'll agree on anything that would be "great" to both of them at this point in the game.

Again this calls for more than one version of the album to circumvent the problem: A Mick Version, a Keith Version, and perhaps a thrid one only with the stuff they could agree on (the latter perhaps only a single or EP).

Date: April 3, 2021 05:42

They could so easily release their own mixes of whatever albums now. It would be interesting to hear the whatever amount of mixes Wyman or someone said they both did for EMOTIONAL RESCUE alone.

Date: April 3, 2021 06:00

gotdablouse
GasLightStreet

Mick should put out the songs he likes as a solo album and get on with it.I guess he's scared stiff it would bomb, regardless of its merits, and he'd be a laughing stock.

Considering he's such a prolific writer and has even said in interviews lately "I write all the time", you would think that's exactly what he would do.
Not sure what he's holding out for, but if he isn't satisfied and/or can't get it done with Keith and the Stones, he should definitely release some more solo stuff.
And I don't think he cares too much if it bombs, or that he would be the laughing stock. After all, he has plenty of experience in both departments with some of his solo material, as well as with the Stones.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 3, 2021 18:19

Nice new (to me) Keith clip posted today.. sounds great!! And very Stonesy cool smiley

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”
? Keith
Video- [twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-03 18:20 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 3, 2021 18:50

Nice enough but let's hope that's not one of his "dynamite riffs"...in any case it's not getting us any closer to a new album !

--------------

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 3, 2021 19:01

Steve on drums. Can’t draw any definitive conclusions; that’s how Keith has been working for the last several years.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...468469470471472473474475476477478...LastNext
Current Page: 473 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home