Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...463464465466467468469470471472473...LastNext
Current Page: 468 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 25, 2021 06:17

thanks hairball ...... i prefer desolate ... glum .. creepy or deteriorated looking imagery nothing against weddings or flowers ... however that type of stuff isnt my aspiration is all.

as far as a new album mick stated hed like to get the stones in the studio again a couple more times to solidify what they got.

you mention they move at a snails pace ... guy they move slower than any snail ive come across ... they make the everday snail look like jesse owens!

HAHAHA.

MY HOPE is they hit us with an album this mid fall ... and then leave 2022 for a tour ... prolly their last major tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-25 06:18 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 25, 2021 08:07

IanBillen

MY HOPE is they hit us with an album this mid fall ...

I'm having a bit of deja vu here Ian as I vividly recall you saying the exact same thing about a new album of originals back in 2016...then 2017...and 2018...and also 2019...not to forget 2020!

Keep on hoping Ian - maybe one of these years your HOPE will finally become a reality...maybe.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 25, 2021 09:30

Hairball
IanBillen

MY HOPE is they hit us with an album this mid fall ...

I'm having a bit of deja vu here Ian as I vividly recall you saying the exact same thing about a new album of originals back in 2016...then 2017...and 2018...and also 2019...not to forget 2020!

Keep on hoping Ian - maybe one of these years your HOPE will finally become a reality...maybe.

Plausibility is high now...pandemic has created this pent up energy. I would bet everyone's heavy throbber is itchin' to lay a solid rhythm down. Barring an illness in the band, or an unexpected extension of the pandemic past 2022 I think we'll get a last hurrah...new album and some sort of a tour.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 25, 2021 19:30

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 25, 2021 20:01

love the man

Date: February 26, 2021 17:06

Doxa
Cheers, Rocky Dijon! Thanks for your appearance. Feels like years ago when I managed to provoke StonesTod to turn up...

Yeah, so beautiful to go "back to topic", and Hairball to tell about how much he loves Keith's latest solo album and the man, and even the latest Stones single, and, of course, that there might be some other contemporary of theirs to release an album! YES YES YES! Shame those Stones - the lazy bastards! Just leaves me wonder what might he think about Jagger's latest single.... (but I am sure we will hear that hundreds of times in this thread...)

Yep, nothing new under the sun. I understand you, Rocky Dijon. You are a wise man. Take care.

- Doxa

Even if the Stones would play songs released between 1964-1969 exclusively they still would sell out arenas for the next 25 years. Generally spoken the popularity and future of the Stones is rooted in the past and the upcoming releases are always a bonus. Good or bad, designer sloppiness, it doesn't really matter. They are a force of nature.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 26, 2021 17:22

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
Cheers, Rocky Dijon! Thanks for your appearance. Feels like years ago when I managed to provoke StonesTod to turn up...

Yeah, so beautiful to go "back to topic", and Hairball to tell about how much he loves Keith's latest solo album and the man, and even the latest Stones single, and, of course, that there might be some other contemporary of theirs to release an album! YES YES YES! Shame those Stones - the lazy bastards! Just leaves me wonder what might he think about Jagger's latest single.... (but I am sure we will hear that hundreds of times in this thread...)

Yep, nothing new under the sun. I understand you, Rocky Dijon. You are a wise man. Take care.

- Doxa

Even if the Stones would play songs released between 1964-1969 exclusively they still would sell out arenas for the next 25 years. Generally spoken the popularity and future of the Stones is rooted in the past and the upcoming releases are always a bonus. Good or bad, designer sloppiness, it doesn't really matter. They are a force of nature.

they're rather a blast from the past… and/or a band exploiting their past

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 26, 2021 19:51

I'm sticking with my prediction for possibly another single this April, and then the new album in spring 2022 unless something happens to Keith between now and then.

I just wish they wouldn't try to feed us this fantasy that all the Stones need to be together in the same room to record. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's no full band just out of camera frame in those new pictures.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 27, 2021 00:00

Oh please another Keef album,I would even settle for a Stones album ,but better Keef!He was just getting brilliant with Cross eyed Heart.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 27, 2021 00:07

stargroover
Oh please another Keef album,I would even settle for a Stones album ,but better Keef!He was just getting brilliant with Cross eyed Heart.

Oh please not. Crosseyed Heart was a bore. Hard to listen to more than a couple of times.

Date: February 27, 2021 00:11

stargroover

Many fans agree. thumbs up

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 27, 2021 00:27

GetYerAngie
stargroover

Oh please not. Crosseyed Heart was a bore. Hard to listen to more than a couple of times.
If it was a bore,then there's no need to listen to it a couple of times...
I still like listening to it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 27, 2021 01:48

shortfatfanny
GetYerAngie
stargroover

I struggled to make through it once. Didn't return.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 27, 2021 02:34

I love Keith and I understand his Crosseyed Heart, but not another one! A little boring it is!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 27, 2021 02:41

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
GetYerAngie
stargroover

I will not refuse those, who want another Keef album to have it. But I am among those who find CROSSEYED HEART boring. I made myself listen to it 25 times, ( he IS Keith Richards, so it was more or less a duty of mine as fan of the band), and I have heard it a couple of times more.

I do like TALK IS CHEAP very, very much though. I find MAIN OFFENDER weaker, but more than OK. That album features his very best solo song so far, " I Hate It When You Leave". I don't know in advance how I would react to another Keef album. It depends on how it is, as well as, of course, on my taste. I will listen to it as to other Stones related albums in an iniation to it, except Bill Wyman's albums, which I have stopped listening to. ( I have only got the first five Ronny solo albums.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-27 02:43 by Witness.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 27, 2021 02:44

TheflyingDutchman

Even if the Stones would play songs released between 1964-1969 exclusively they still would sell out

Absolutely. In fact, for the average concert-attendee, that’s all they need. A few really notable exceptions aside, their 60’s singles are what they’re primarily known for. Actually, I’d rather enjoy a live chronological run through their 60’s singles: Come On through to Honky Tonk Woman.

Date: February 27, 2021 02:59

Big Al
TheflyingDutchman

Even if the Stones would play songs released between 1964-1969 exclusively they still would sell out

Absolutely. In fact, for the average concert-attendee, that’s all they need. A few really notable exceptions aside, their 60’s singles are what they’re primarily known for. Actually, I’d rather enjoy a live chronological run through their 60’s singles: Come On through to Honky Tonk Woman.

I would happily attend a nostlagia ridden show of that nature, especially if it were in a small venue.
Maybe have a couple other '60's era bands as openers...both British and American hitmakers of the period...a retro-package tour.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 27, 2021 03:24

GetYerAngie
stargroover

get the fook outta here

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 27, 2021 10:14

I think Mick is struggling to get quality tunes written.England lost was atrocious and should have been retitled Mick is lost.Get Keef to do the tunes and wheel Mick in for some vocals.Or really spice stuff up and get Ronnie on board with the writing.It really is time the Glimmers recognised his talent.Sometimes you can’t see the Wood for the trees,boom boom.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 27, 2021 10:50

treaclefingers
shortfatfanny
GetYerAngie
stargroover

You shouldn't take it so hard...

Date: February 27, 2021 11:49

black n blue
GetYerAngie
stargroover

get the fook outta here

If you cannot stand to see views different to your own, you might preferably consider to take that option yourself.

Date: February 27, 2021 11:58

stargroover
I think Mick is struggling to get quality tunes written.England lost was atrocious and should have been retitled Mick is lost.Get Keef to do the tunes and wheel Mick in for some vocals.Or really spice stuff up and get Ronnie on board with the writing.It really is time the Glimmers recognised his talent.Sometimes you can’t see the Wood for the trees,boom boom.

I on the other hand am among those, possibly only very few, that found more of interest and attraction in the two songs that were released under Mick's name than in CROSSEYED HEART.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 27, 2021 12:10

No doubt Keith is in the studio working on releasable material. Loved Crosseyed, prefer it’s for the Stones this time.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 27, 2021 15:28

Witness
black n blue
GetYerAngie
stargroover

get the fook outta here

If you cannot stand to see views different to your own, you might preferably consider to take that option yourself.

2nd that opinion

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 27, 2021 18:18

Rip This
Witness
black n blue
GetYerAngie
stargroover

get the fook outta here

2nd that opinion

thumbs up

Date: February 27, 2021 20:37

stargroover

thumbs up

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 27, 2021 21:00

I kinda like England Lost, it's in my car mp3 playlist

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: February 27, 2021 22:47

For years I've thought that "this could be the last time", and that whatever else happens is bonus. While there hasn't been an original album in many, many years they've still been busy. Since 'Bigger Bang' they've worked on the bonus tracks for 'Exile', the two tracks on Grrr, the bonus tracks for 'Some Girls', the work on 'Sticky Fingers' and 'Goats Head Soup', and of course 'Blue and Lonesome' and Living in a Ghost Town...so they've hardly been sitting still...to say nothing of touring a lot (2005-2007/2012-2019), archival "From the Vaults" stuff and solo efforts (I suppose I'm forgetting something) and then there is the idea of just wanting longer breaks here and there. They are getting older after all, as are we all.

Honestly, regardless of what happens going forward, my favorite Stones work is '68-'89 and I'm at peace with the fact that that likely won't change. I definitely have favorite songs from the early days and favorites from the more current albums, but ultimately Beggars to Steel Wheels is my sweet spot. Steel Wheels in part because that's when I jumped on the train, but also I do think it is underrated and marred by it's slick production while underneath is a great album.

That said, though I consider myself a critical fan I buy whatever they release because I love them and they are my favorite band. I buy Mick's albums, Keith's albums, Ronnie's albums and Charlie's albums because I love to hear what they come up with. I admit I've sold some things after buying them (Super Heavy, Goddess in the Doorway) but some of that is due to my limited space/shelving set-up.

If there proves to be nothing else to buy, I'd still have a great collection to listen to for the rest of my life. But me thinks there will be more, be it archival (most certainly) or new (seems quite likely) .

It's only rock n roll, but I like it.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 27, 2021 23:05

Lack of inspiration, no real motivation while time waits for no one, priority to concerts, what else to explain the absence of a new album since 2005...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: February 28, 2021 00:58

Maybe if a new virus and pandemic comes along some day, they'll find the inspiration to write and release another new tune...Living in a Ghost Town pt. II.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...463464465466467468469470471472473...LastNext
Current Page: 468 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home