Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...462463464465466467468469470471472...LastNext
Current Page: 467 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2021 05:51

Hey Rocky.

Perhaps I've just been a bit glazed over and have only recently, as in the past few days, noticed the gripe between Doxa and Hairball.

Some of the posts above are downright hilarious. They remind me of this:

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 21, 2021 06:01

Hairball ,thanks for the up date on the Who.Now that the UK tour is cancelled they have time to get back in the studio.
I thought Blue and Lonesome was a a great album by the way.Mick’s blowing quite amazing.I would settle for a similar album again rather than nothing.
Rocky Dijon good to have you posting again.And that handle has to be the coolest on the board.Like some hot and spicey mustard.And I do like a good mustard.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2021 06:05

Keith had mentioned his desire and the possibility of a Blue and Lonesome pt. II a couple of years ago, but alas it was not to be.
I agree, something...actually anything at this point, would be better than nothing.

Oh well... here's to looking forward to some new Who. thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 21, 2021 06:46

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 21, 2021 09:47

The reason Rocky left was that I asked him not to publish anything unless he had swindled The Stones into finishing the album. Not sure if he ever grouped em up .. especially due to COVID - 19 I think I can cut him a break.

Hairball is still looking for Blue & Lonesome part 2 .. I must admit .. I admire his hope on it. I listened to it (B&L) again for the first time in a while two nights ago. Still .. What special thing it is. Hairball says it was ok .. but deep down he's in love with the record .. (he just hasn't admitted it to himself yet). I can't blame him .. it's precious.

I still check this board all the time. Sorry if I miss out. If anyone mentions my name I 'always' try to respond (it's only mannerly).

Now as for that Gazza guy .. he's another story all together .. He's one of a kind .. and only I can order the guy around .. grinning smiley har-har eye rolling smiley

Date: February 21, 2021 10:03

Howdy Ian, hope all is well. thumbs up

Crazy to think this thread is nearly five years old, and with so many things that have happened in the world since then, there's only been one new original Stones song released...
At this rate, they might complete an albums worth of new and original tunes by 2028, unless they do another covers album in which case they could have released volumes 1-10 by now.

Stay safe and hang in there, they might just get it done some day...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 10:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 21, 2021 18:13

I'm listening to Willie Nelson's new album. Since 2005 (A Bigger Bang) he has released:
You Don't Know Me: The Songs of Cindy Walker (2006)
Songbird (2006)
Last of the Breed (with Merle Haggard and Ray Price) (2007)
It's Magic (with Don Cherry) (2007)
Moment of Forever (2008)
Two Men with the Blues (with Wynton Marsalis) (2008)
American Classic (2009)
Willie and the Wheel (with Asleep at the Wheel) (2009)
Country Music (2010)
Remember Me, Vol. 1 (2011)
Here We Go Again: Celebrating the Genius of Ray Charles (with Wynton Marsalis and Norah Jones) (2011)
Heroes (2012)
Let's Face the Music and Dance (2013)
To All the Girls... (2013)
Willie Nelson & Friends - Live At Third Man Records (2013)
Band of Brothers (2014)
December Day: Willie’s Stash, Vol. 1 (with Bobbie Nelson) (2014)
Django & Jimmie (with Merle Haggard) (2015)
Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin (2016)
For the Good Times: A Tribute to Ray Price (2016)
God's Problem Child (2017)
Willie and the Boys: Willie's Stash, Vol. 2 (with Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson) (2017)
Last Man Standing (2018)
My Way (2018)
Ride Me Back Home (2019)
First Rose of Spring (2020)
That's Life (2021)

Going strong at 87!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 21, 2021 19:31

Doxa
Would this be just a sweatheart thread if we could just get one another Hairball post to tell us once again (a) Mick Jagger is one big scumbag whatever he does , and (b) The Rolling Stones is nothing but a disgrace and hasbeens compared to whatever their arguably big profilic contemporariers, like Dylan, Young, etc. are - of course, Sir Paul McCartney, in his book, is the one exceptional artist: whatever he does, is an act of pure genious artist we idiot Stones fans are never able to understand - go and check his Macca ass-kissing comments in its thread (although the whole world have actually forgotten the guy relaesed an album for Christmas markets)...

Trolling Stones, indeed. I really wonder what is the motivation for people like him to to write in this site.

- Doxa

thumbs up

Date: February 21, 2021 19:39

NilsHolgersson
I'm listening to Willie Nelson's new album. Since 2005 (A Bigger Bang) he has released:
You Don't Know Me: The Songs of Cindy Walker (2006)
Songbird (2006)
Last of the Breed (with Merle Haggard and Ray Price) (2007)
It's Magic (with Don Cherry) (2007)
Moment of Forever (2008)
Two Men with the Blues (with Wynton Marsalis) (2008)
American Classic (2009)
Willie and the Wheel (with Asleep at the Wheel) (2009)
Country Music (2010)
Remember Me, Vol. 1 (2011)
Here We Go Again: Celebrating the Genius of Ray Charles (with Wynton Marsalis and Norah Jones) (2011)
Heroes (2012)
Let's Face the Music and Dance (2013)
To All the Girls... (2013)
Willie Nelson & Friends - Live At Third Man Records (2013)
Band of Brothers (2014)
December Day: Willie’s Stash, Vol. 1 (with Bobbie Nelson) (2014)
Django & Jimmie (with Merle Haggard) (2015)
Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin (2016)
For the Good Times: A Tribute to Ray Price (2016)
God's Problem Child (2017)
Willie and the Boys: Willie's Stash, Vol. 2 (with Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson) (2017)
Last Man Standing (2018)
My Way (2018)
Ride Me Back Home (2019)
First Rose of Spring (2020)
That's Life (2021)

Going strong at 87!

thumbs up

Amazing productivity, and I would hope to be as active and prolific as he is when I get up to those latter years of my life.
And imagine if you added all the albums released by Neil Young to your list - it might be enough to take up an entire page of this thread.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 21, 2021 19:51

Good on Willy... class act and shows how a solo legend can put out whatever he wants, like Neil, Bob, Paul etc.

A lot of nice covers, compilations and live stuff in that list. smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2021 20:26

Never realized anyone could possibly consider me a big fan of McCartney and/or most of his solo material. I did enjoy the oddball/off-the-wall sounds of his latest at the time it was released,
but I never even got around to buying a copy of it. The last album of his I bought was a greatest hits cd compilation probably 20 years ago. I've even left early from one of his concerts out of boredom!
Admittedly his solo career has been very successful compared to some other singers who've attempted to go solo, but I could live happily ever after without almost everything he's ever done outside The Beatles.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 22, 2021 01:22

Hairball
Keith had mentioned his desire and the possibility of a Blue and Lonesome pt. II a couple of years ago, but alas it was not to be.
I agree, something...actually anything at this point, would be better than nothing.

Oh well... here's to looking forward to some new Who. thumbs up

Maybe the idea was scrapped because Keith found out that you did not like Pt. I all too much...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 23, 2021 17:16

Hairball
Never realized anyone could possibly consider me a big fan of McCartney and/or most of his solo material. I did enjoy the oddball/off-the-wall sounds of his latest at the time it was released,
but I never even got around to buying a copy of it. The last album of his I bought was a greatest hits cd compilation probably 20 years ago. I've even left early from one of his concerts out of boredom!
Admittedly his solo career has been very successful compared to some other singers who've attempted to go solo, but I could live happily ever after without almost everything he's ever done outside The Beatles.

I would tend to agree with you, except for his solo stuff from the late 80's-mid-90's. Flowers In The Dirt, the ensuing tour, and up thru Flaming Pie were really great.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 23, 2021 17:41

It has taken so long for the boys to release a new album now that no matter how good it is, it will be a disappointment. The anticipation will far outdo the actual product. I fear it will make Chinese Democracy look like a masterpiece by comparison, and there were some decent songs on there. LIAGT was a great surprise. I don't believe the rubbish that they had it in the can already - total BS if you ask me, but a great track that caught the mood at the time. Almost everyone has released new music during this pandemic. Really they have no excuse for not doing so. It's a shame really.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 23, 2021 19:03

VoodooLounge13
It has taken so long for the boys to release a new album now that no matter how good it is, it will be a disappointment. The anticipation will far outdo the actual product. I fear it will make Chinese Democracy look like a masterpiece by comparison, and there were some decent songs on there. LIAGT was a great surprise. I don't believe the rubbish that they had it in the can already - total BS if you ask me, but a great track that caught the mood at the time. Almost everyone has released new music during this pandemic. Really they have no excuse for not doing so. It's a shame really.

No excuse? Really?

If the fact that they don't owe us anything and are free to do whatever they want and whenever they want is no sufficient "excuse", I don't know what is.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 23, 2021 20:31

Meanwhile...

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 23, 2021 21:46

KRiffhard
Meanwhile...

[www.facebook.com]

what does an "undocumented track" mean?

any clue?

I hope it's not just a euphemism for "Never Before Heard Studio Track of Satisfaction - in the key of F#m"

(I assume Satisfaction isn't in F#m...I never learned music-theory)

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:00

VoodooLounge13
Agree with ya here. A bunch of posters would hammer you.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:01

That certainly sounds interesting... Hope something comes of it

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:28

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

No excuse? Really?

If the fact that they don't owe us anything and are free to do whatever they want and whenever they want is no sufficient "excuse", I don't know what is.
Dylan and Macca recording.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:36

In the end they're just a bunch of guys that can't make anything new that matters. I say thank you for the happy memories, was absolutely amazing!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:38

Living in a Ghost Town, Mick solo with the boys in tow. Nice for a moment but hardly staying power. Sorry but the truth hurts. Oh well.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:41

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

No excuse? Really?

I don't want to use harsh words against the band. And I may agree that they don't owe us anything. But, maybe, maybe, they owe it to themselves to make one more studio album of original songs from these years that constitute now. That is, they may owe it to how they will be remembered and understood as band after their time is past.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 23, 2021 23:43

Keef the faith ..... They'll get there

ROCKMAN

Date: February 24, 2021 01:28

stickyfingers101
KRiffhard
Meanwhile...

[www.facebook.com]

what does an "undocumented track" mean?

any clue?

I hope it's not just a euphemism for "Never Before Heard Studio Track of Satisfaction - in the key of F#m"

(I assume Satisfaction isn't in F#m...I never learned music-theory)

Could be interesting stuff, or could be random boring throwaway outtakes of tunes like Don't Stop...maybe a mix of good, bad, and mediocre...either way, might be something to look forward to.

Date: February 24, 2021 04:14

Hairball

Crazy to think this thread is nearly five years old, and with so many things that have happened in the world since then, there's only been one new original Stones song released...
At this rate, they might complete an albums worth of new and original tunes by 2028, unless they do another covers album in which case they could have released volumes 1-10 by now.

Hairball!!!

It is good to see you and hear from you!

I hope all is well .. I am nursing a darn good broken ankle .. elevating it .. and IM using the on screen keyboard .. could use the mobile but i like seeing iorr large and lively bud ha. I will not be able to respond in legnth and plz forgive punctuation. Hold down fort while Iwatch from sideline with an injury ha.

BTW Keith mentioned recently they have four or five songs now .. WE have come from 20 to half an album to now four or five over the years of this thread ....

are they friggin subtracting songs every time they go in ??? Is this a new way of recording orsomething?/? DONT TELL ME THEY ARE DRIVING TO THE STUDIO IN REVERSE AS WELL?? bahahaha

rock on guy

IB

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2021 04:34

frankotero
Living in a Ghost Town, Mick solo with the boys in tow. Nice for a moment but hardly staying power. Sorry but the truth hurts. Oh well.

Huh. Doesn't sound like a Mick solo at all.

It's the best thing they've done in quite some time. I listen to it often, which is basically... staying power.

If you watch the video of Keith talking about BLUE AND LONESOME, he clearly grasps that the first week high chart debut of BAL was unique and that the days of them having a decent charting album are long gone and that the reaction to BAL was significant because of what it was. If BAL is their last LP and Living In A Ghost Town is their last single that's fine. They don't need to "prove" anything. Nowhere did BAL truly go platinum but world wide it has sold over 2 million copies.

Date: February 24, 2021 05:34

IanBillen
Hairball

Hairball!!!

It is good to see you and hear from you!

I hope all is well .. I am nursing a darn good broken ankle .. elevating it .. and IM using the on screen keyboard .. could use the mobile but i like seeing iorr large and lively bud ha. I will not be able to respond in legnth and plz forgive punctuation. Hold down fort while Iwatch from sideline with an injury ha.

BTW Keith mentioned recently they have four or five songs now .. WE have come from 20 to half an album to now four or five over the years of this thread ....

are they friggin subtracting songs every time they go in ??? Is this a new way of recording orsomething?/? DONT TELL ME THEY ARE DRIVING TO THE STUDIO IN REVERSE AS WELL?? bahahaha

rock on guy

IB

Yes Ian, strange how the number of songs keeps shrinking. Maybe they're attempting to deconstruct the WALL they hit, and when they finally get down to zero, they'll be able to start afresh?
Mick might have another 40 new demos by then, while Keith might have three more dynamite riffs. Or maybe they'll just release an album of mostly pure silence, and call it Silent but Deadly...

PS - Take care of the ankle.thumbs up

Date: February 24, 2021 06:08

An album of pure silence .. 'Silent but Deadly' - !!! Ikr!!

Ah wow. That made my night here!!

By the way... before this ankle break I started sharpening my photography chops again.

If you flickr .. check out some of my recent stuff Ians Recent Photos on Flickr

As well ... back to the album ..or non-album .. I wonder if having an album out this fall is possible? Do you think they could make their way back in the studio
this april or early may or is that unrealistic with COVID?

Date: February 24, 2021 06:54

IanBillen
An album of pure silence .. 'Silent but Deadly' - !!! Ikr!!

Ah wow. That made my night here!!

By the way... before this ankle break I started sharpening my photography chops again.

If you flickr .. check out some of my recent stuff Ians Recent Photos on Flickr

As well ... back to the album ..or non-album .. I wonder if having an album out this fall is possible? Do you think they could make their way back in the studio
this april or early may or is that unrealistic with COVID?

Silent but Deadly..............lol

Those are cool pics Ian - I especially like those abandoned, desolate, and isolated spaces. thumbs up

As for having an album out this fall? Sounds possible in theory, but at this snails pace seems doubtful. Best case scenario another single tune (maybe two),slapped on to another compilation for the 60th anniversary in 2022.
That said, Keith mentioned "new music on the horizon" with pics of him playing guitar, then bass, and then piano, but for all we know could be solo material in the works, and if so can't say I'd be too disappointed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...462463464465466467468469470471472...LastNext
Current Page: 467 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home