Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...460461462463464465466467468469470...LastNext
Current Page: 465 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 2, 2020 09:09

DiegoGlimmerStones
From a new Interview with Chuck:

Since The Stones have been working on a new studio album in spurts for a few years now, I ask Leavell about the nature of those tracks.

“You have to understand I haven’t been involved in all the recordings,” Leavell says, “so there’s a lot of things that I haven’t even heard that I know they’ve worked on. But what I have worked on I think is quite diverse. There’s stuff that’s rockin’ and hard-drivin’, and there’s stuff that’s ballad-like. And there’s some quirky fun ones – the Stones are always known for not being afraid to try things. My contributions have been 95 percent on the piano, which I really love doing.”

[www.al.com]

Many thanks Diego

Date: January 7, 2021 21:04

KRiffhard
DiegoGlimmerStones
From a new Interview with Chuck:

Since The Stones have been working on a new studio album in spurts for a few years now, I ask Leavell about the nature of those tracks.

“You have to understand I haven’t been involved in all the recordings,” Leavell says, “so there’s a lot of things that I haven’t even heard that I know they’ve worked on. But what I have worked on I think is quite diverse. There’s stuff that’s rockin’ and hard-drivin’, and there’s stuff that’s ballad-like. And there’s some quirky fun ones – the Stones are always known for not being afraid to try things. My contributions have been 95 percent on the piano, which I really love doing.”

[www.al.com]

Many thanks Diego

You're welcome KRiffhard thumbs upwinking smiley

Date: January 7, 2021 21:16

Keith Richards Is Writing New Music And Ready To Be Back Together With The Rolling Stones

‘Everything We Want To Do Is Be Together’

January 5, 2021

Keith Richards is chilling out at home, working on material for the new Rolling Stones album, and trying to ride out the pandemic. Richards shed some light on his creative process while in lockdown. He says that inspiration tends to hit while watching the tube: "Actually, the (guitar) sits next to my usual chair, and. . . I sit around writing songs, basically, or parts of songs, little bits. But I do tend to have moments and little periods of time during the day when suddenly I’ll pick up the guitar and something will come to mind."

When asked how the world shutting down in the wake of Covid has affected him, he admitted, "It's affecting me pretty much like it's affected everybody else. Y'know, we're all in this thing and I'm basically hunkering down with the family and a few friends, a bubble kind of thing, just like the rest of you, man. Wondering when we can get out of this thing. And, at the moment, it looks like it's going to be a hard winter. At the moment, I can't see any plan B coming."

Richards went on to say that at this point he Stones are all geared up and ready to work -- but remained stalled in a waiting game: "I think it's all based on 'Let's get this thing over and done with as soon as possible.' Let's smarten up and. . . It's a rough one, man, because this thing is designed to keep us apart, and everything we want to do is be together."

Keith Richards explained that throughout all of the Rolling Stones' greatest works -- no matter what distractions were outside the studio -- the songwriting process remained free form and cosmic: "You kind of tend to write songs no matter what else you're doing. I mean, it's not one of those things where you sit down and say, 'Oh! Songwriting time! It's just something that happens during the day. You might pick up a guitar to tune it -- and before long you've got a song, if you're lucky. I never pushed songwriting, an idea comes in like an antennae -- incoming transmit."

[www.radio.com] [nightswithalicecooper.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 7, 2021 21:58

This might be the right time to release another Street Fighting Man type of song

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: January 7, 2021 22:02

Why? To give the thugs an anthem?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2021 04:37

I didn't realize the virus was "designed to keep us apart".

The things one can learn from Keith.

Date: February 1, 2021 15:50

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: November 13, 2018 23:21

I'm right here. Where are you.
FYI, my sources tell me the new record is essentially finished. They're just making a few tweaks and some over-dubs, backing vocals etc. Once the title and art-work is finalized it should be ready for release in a few months.

Hi Bungo! Maybe your sources were referring to new Springsteen or Dylan's album!

Date: February 6, 2021 09:56

C'mon boys!!!!hot smiley
Let's work!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: February 6, 2021 15:59

it is known the next concert that they can publish and the new album that they will never release at this rate something a bit unreliable

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2021 17:40

KRiffhard

C'mon boys!!!! Let's work!!!

[www.facebook.com]

23-Aug-2020, by Keith: "If this thing goes on much longer we might try to put out another track. Work differently, instead of making an 'album' album ... just release tracks." - [kbgo.iHeart.com] , Uncut Magazine (October 2020, p.60).

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2021 18:53

Keith Richards
@officialKeef

About last night! New music on the horizon!

[twitter.com]

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2021 20:10

No mention of the Stones so he could be working on solo material which would be great.
Either way, would be nice to hear something new during this lengthy drought, but not holding my breath.

As he said on Jan 5th " I sit around writing songs, basically, or parts of songs, little bits", so looks like he's just sitting around while farting around on a bass.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2021 21:47

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
About last night! No New music on the horizon!
Just sitting around while farting around on a bass!
#DontHoldYourBreath #GoldFartsOnYa #DebbieDowner

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 6, 2021 23:45

smileys with beer

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 7, 2021 10:07

Did you see that article from Uncut?

Uncut article

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-07 10:15 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 7, 2021 12:17

"Working again with Don Watts"

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: February 7, 2021 12:30

Nikkei
"Working again with Don Watts"

He was great in both The Andy Griffith Show and Three’s Company! smiling smiley

Date: February 7, 2021 13:35

peoplewitheyes

Uncut Magazine, February 2021, Albums-Preview, p.54 - [Issuu.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 7, 2021 13:56

thanks Irix, I didn't know how to post the pics

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 7, 2021 15:09

Irix
peoplewitheyes

Uncut Magazine, February 2021, Albums-Preview, p.54 - [Issuu.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

yawn – anybody round here could have written that piece. We need facts, especially new ones.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 7, 2021 17:43

Uncut do this around this time every year about prospective albums that are in the works.

I'm pretty sure they did at least one for the Stones in the years 2017-2020

The album in question never materialised. It would appear it was actually abandoned as they seemed to be about halfway through another album by the time the pandemic hit. God knows what happened to the material they were recording around the time they 'hit a wall' in December 2015 and did the blues album instead.

There's no realistic chance of the Stones working together as a band until the summer. Hugely optimistic to expect a new record in 2021 IMO although quite plausible that they'll release the occasional song like they did last year.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 7, 2021 19:08

I'm quite sure that the new album will be released this year.

Next year will the 60th anniversery year - and yet another extra big hit-compilation will see the light of day - with two exclusive hit-the-wall outtakes on the the super deuxe (and three on the japanese shm-edition).

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 7, 2021 19:10

perfect lyrics for a new song:

I'll be in the basement soon
with needle and a spoon
to get some vaccine
assited by some pretty nurse
y'know things could be worse

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2021 20:08

And some people underestimated the significance of the band hitting the wall, but clearly the damage was done.
Surprised they actually released one tune after all these years of supposed work, though am grateful they did as Ghost Town is a damn fine tune.
Hoping for another new and original single tune some time in the semi-near future before 2023, but that seems to be a fantasy at this point.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2021 20:49

It seems highly unlikely the new album will come out this year - but a new single? Sure.

Why not? Time is ticking.

If they have as much material as talked about then they certainly could - and hopefully not include them on the LP. There's simply no need for that. Whatever single from the album will very likely end up on another compilation with LIAGT and if they release another stand alone single. And maybe it would tighten up that kind of career spanning hits comp from 1971 and leave off tracks that simply don't need to be on, like Fool To Cry, Respectable, Harlem Shuffle, RAAHP. It seems obvious they won't include Plundered, No Spare Parts, Scarlet or Criss Cross.

Unless, of course, it's just a digital release. Fortunately that's what playlists are for, to make those things better.

Date: February 9, 2021 04:56

slewan
Irix
peoplewitheyes

yawn – anybody round here could have written that piece. We need facts, especially new ones.

Well this article was written by December apparently (Published on Dec 21, 2020 on Issuu.com) And the recent message posted on social media sites by Keith was published this Feb 5 [www.Facebook.com]

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 9, 2021 11:25

I'm quite confident that we will have the new album this year. Suddenly in the spring or early summer, when the Covid-19 loosens the grib, we will hear som news about sessions with glorious inspiration. Five days of heavenly bliss.

I think it is 95% finnished by now - I think what is missing is the final story telling about the album.

Date: February 9, 2021 14:35

DiegoGlimmerStones

Well this article was written by December apparently (Published on Dec 21, 2020 on Issuu.com) And the recent message posted on social media sites by Keith was published this Feb 5 [www.Facebook.com]

The same with the other Uncut-article about more RS-Singles instead of an Album - [iorr.org] - online published mid August 2020 and printed in the Uncut-Magazine October 2020.

Date: February 9, 2021 21:13

Irix
DiegoGlimmerStones

The same with the other Uncut-article about more RS-Singles instead of an Album - [iorr.org] - online published mid August 2020 and printed in the Uncut-Magazine October 2020.

So I think The Stones are getting ready to release another new single

Date: February 9, 2021 22:26

DiegoGlimmerStones
Irix
DiegoGlimmerStones

So I think The Stones are getting ready to release another new single

Why? Because Uncut is rehashing old articles - almost word for word? smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...460461462463464465466467468469470...LastNext
Current Page: 465 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home