Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...457458459460461462463464465466467...LastNext
Current Page: 462 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2020 17:40

Doxa
Irix

Mick on the 15-year wait for a Rolling Stones record: “Long time ago. Last original Stones. Yeah, it was so long. And I think one of the problems I personally have with it is that it’s suddenly that you want it to be really good. So I don’t just want it to be a good album, I want it to be great. You know? Yes, I’m very hard on myself." -- [iorr.org] .

Yeah, that sounds better than, say, 'we haven't really bothered, and why should we have? We do well without any new albums, and there is no serious money in record business any longer, and nobody really wants to listen our new music anyway'.

But seriously, the idea about not being a 'good', but 'great' album begs some questions. Does Mick consider, say, A BIGGER BANG and BRIDGES TO BABYLON as 'great' albums? That the material they have come up with by now isn't qualitywise in that level yet? If not, will that mean that they didn't really do their best at the time when making those albums? Their criteria was then lower, but now they are more ambitious and self-critical?

Over-all, the self-criticism might be a helluva thing for an artist. Surely one aims for perfection in the sense one is satisfied with the results, but it can easily go too far.... Namely, if the criterion is all the way subjective, deciding which one is just "good" and which one "great" one could go crazy... If it been up to Mick and Keith, "Satisfaction" would never had released as single A side (if we are to believe Bill Wyman). Sometimes the artists themselves are not the best ones judging their stuff...

What Mick says there goes also against his old habits (die hard, but people do change, though). Namely Mick has traditionally been rather pragmatic in judging their outcome - it is the criterion like how people like it - how it sells, works in concert, etc. - that sets its value. But for that one needs to release the stuff first... Now it is like he does all that by himself a priori, trusting solely on his own intuition. Besides, it has been usually Keith who has aimed more for artistic perfection, not so much Mick who is not too famous for his patience (although, of course, that not always been the case). Anyway, time helps for objectivity, so at least they have had enough of time to have second-thoughts about their recorded stuff so far. Well, like Keith has said many times along the years that it has been mostly listening...

That said, if "Living In A Ghost Town" is an indication what Mick and Keith consider as 'great', no complaints here!

- Doxa

Yep. Mick, please explain your attitude with this new album versus anything from 1986 onward, because none of those apply to "great" they apply to "bothering".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 16, 2020 18:24

Seems Mick is his in worst enemy, and the fans worst enemy also. Setting the standard of "great" based on some fantasy, and delaying the results until that imgaginary standard is met, will never work.
Just release some new music like every other artists does, and let the critics and fans decide if it's "great" or not. And if it doen't meet critics and fans' expectations, no big deal...you move forward and release some MORE!!! But here we are, waiting on Mick to decide what is best in his mind (and what is best for everyone else). It's no wonder Keith can get frustrated with him - seems Mick no longer has any idea what "great" is at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

*edit: Forgot to add, if it hadn't been for Keith's urging and insistence, they wouldn't have released Ghost Town when they did.
Mick might have been thinking it wasn't ready yet (along with many others), and still been sitting on it waiting for it to miraculously become "great".
While it's not exactly "great" compared to their classics, it's a damn great latter era tune, and the positive reception to it should be encouraging to Mick.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-16 18:57 by Hairball.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 17, 2020 00:44

Maybe they should take a different approach - ie rather than focusing on an album and trying to make it a classic, they could just release singles on a regular basis. In today's world of streaming a lot of artists (especially up and coming ones) are focussed on regularly releasing content (ie singles and eps). The Atones "Rainbow" EP is an example of this. But maybe instead of repackaging old songs, they could just start releasing new stuff as and when it's done -this way they would perhaps stop "overthinking" things. They could of course release an album.down the line when all the songs are done but in the meantime time they could issue, say, 4 new singles in 2021 and then release the album at the end of the year or whenever it's ready. Of course this is all just my ideas and I would say there is ZERO chance of this happening!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 17, 2020 00:52

Hairball
Seems Mick is his in worst enemy, and the fans worst enemy also. Setting the standard of "great" based on some fantasy, and delaying the results until that imgaginary standard is met, will never work.
Just release some new music like every other artists does, and let the critics and fans decide if it's "great" or not. And if it doen't meet critics and fans' expectations, no big deal...you move forward and release some MORE!!! But here we are, waiting on Mick to decide what is best in his mind (and what is best for everyone else). It's no wonder Keith can get frustrated with him - seems Mick no longer has any idea what "great" is at all.

*edit: Forgot to add, if it hadn't been for Keith's urging and insistence, they wouldn't have released Ghost Town when they did.
Mick might have been thinking it wasn't ready yet (along with many others), and still been sitting on it waiting for it to miraculously become "great".
While it's not exactly "great" compared to their classics, it's a damn great latter era tune, and the positive reception to it should be encouraging to Mick.

thumbs up

Date: November 17, 2020 02:08

Hairball

Living In A Ghost Town is their best single since Start Me Up. There are a few I like in between but it's lightyears better than anything simply song wise since TATTOO YOU, and I do love me some UNDERCOVER and select tracks from VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG but Ghost Town is top notch for this here Stones fan.

Date: November 17, 2020 02:43

I'd say Ghost Town is the best since Harlem Shuffle, but alas Harlem is a cover tune. As for originals, agreed...you'd have to go back to Tattoo You to find something better.
Again, it's a damn great latter era tune, whereas you'd be hard pressed to find any other tune since Tattoo You that could even be labeled great at all.
Yes I like some, but I wouldn't call any "great" by any stretch of the imagination - especially when going up against the all time classics of their earlier catalogue - c. '63-'81.
Seems Tattoo You is the great divide between the early and latter era...or the post Tattoo era... at least that's the way I see it.

But then there's Keith's solo catalogue to contend with - I like quite a few of his solo tunes better than Ghost Town.
As for comparing Ghost Town to Mick solo tunes, I'd take Ghost Town by itself vs. Mick's entire solo catalogue (including Superheavy crap, etc.), but maybe that's just me lol.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 17, 2020 02:58

Doxa
... Especially in the WSJ journal interview Keith is pretty specific about the status of new album. ... That is to say that there are four or five songs if not ready yet, but seemingly considered worthy to be relaesed some day. That's not very much considering how many years they have already spent for the project. Surely we have heard different (bigger) amounts of material mentioned during the years, but I take Keith's word here as an authority - how the things are at this stage. ...

If memory serves there were four or five songs (or such-ish) more or less in the can (or close to it) already back in 2015 or 2016, beside other songs under construction. Then we also heard of up to 40 tunes in the works some way or other. I just wonder if the four or five songs (obviously minus Ghost Town) that Keith talks about are the same songs they already had five years ago or if these are new(er) songs and they scrapped everything from those early sessions.

Fifty years from Day X (release day of the album-in-progress) there will be a remastered and expanded anniversary edition box set with 278 outtakes from all the sessions that had been done in the course of the 29 years it took them to complete the album (finally consisting of 10 songs: 2 great, 3 OK, 3 fillers, and 2 totally sub-par).

Of course most of us will not live to be able to appreciate the thing …

Date: November 17, 2020 03:22

Hairball
I'd say Ghost Town is the best since Harlem Shuffle, but alas Harlem is a cover tune. As for originals, agreed...you'd have to go back to Tattoo You to find something better.
Again, it's a damn great latter era tune, whereas you'd be hard pressed to find any other tune since Tattoo You that could even be labeled great at all.
Yes I like some, but I wouldn't call any "great" by any stretch of the imagination - especially when going up against the all time classics of their earlier catalogue - c. '63-'81.
Seems Tattoo You is the great divide between the early and latter era...or the post Tattoo era... at least that's the way I see it.

But then there's Keith's solo catalogue to contend with - I like quite a few of his solo tunes better than Ghost Town.
As for comparing Ghost Town to Mick solo tunes, I'd take Ghost Town by itself vs. Mick's entire solo catalogue (including Superheavy crap, etc.), but maybe that's just me lol.

There are a handful of Mick solo songs (as well as Keith) that are pretty damn good - just as good as LIGT as songs - but I'd rather listen to LIGT than any of Mick's solo songs.

The difference in how LIGT is better, for me, is that it has the superiority of being the Stones with the bigness of their sound and the production, where as the solo work - Keith's solo albums SOUND better, the the songs are better overall - doesn't have the gravitas no matter who produced it - as much as I love Take It So Hard, Struggle, Demon, Kow Tow, Peace For The Wicked, How I Wish, Wired All Night, Trouble, Blue, Robbed Blind, Nothing On Me, Don't Tear Me Up and a few others, they're all missing an element that is in LIGT - the heavy attention to detail.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: November 17, 2020 06:59

my fear is that they will keep dicking around and talking about it instead of doing anything - the longer Charlie sits idle the more of a chance that he won't feel like screwing with it - he's closer to 80 than 70 - i'm scared to death Charlie will bow out and that fool Dave Grohl will offer to step in -

honestly i don't know what the hold up is - other than being old they are lazy as hell - they have enough half finished stuff laying around to work on that it would make a box set - sadly i just don't think they are inspired to do it - that's why we got Blue & Lonesome - probably what they are coming up with is at the same level as "Low Down" or "It Won't Take Long" and Mick knows they can't fill an album with filler tunes like that - so it's just easier to talk about it and hope the virus passes so they can play live again -

but - like i said - they have tons of stuff they could finish - Gangster's Moll comes to mind - Mick just isn't interested in old stuff and Keith isn't interested doing the stuff Mick wants to do - which probably sounds like whatever is on the charts at the moment - thank God i don't know - I cringe every time i hear that dated crap the Dust Brothers did to Bridges to Babylon - it would be worse now

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 17, 2020 16:54

cowboytoast
my fear is that they will keep dicking around and talking about it instead of doing anything - the longer Charlie sits idle the more of a chance that he won't feel like screwing with it - he's closer to 80 than 70 -

This is essentially what I said back on... who knows, it FEELS like on page 10 of this thread but is probably page 290... when someone said they have time on their side. NO THEY DON’T. LIKE ME, like it or not, they are getting old. They either have to get on with it or simply pull the bloody pin. Christ, if AC/DC can get past all they’ve had to deal with over the past 5 years and release a great, honest, AC/DC album that didn’t try to be something else, no interest in kowtowing to current trends, then for Christ’s sake, The Stones should just be the @#$%& Stones and record a Stones record and put it out. Stop this fiddling whilst Rome is burning.

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 17, 2020 17:46

Well, there was a time when Mick wasn't so hard on himself..grinning smiley

"This is something I like to do. Every year I like to produce something. And only if it's really shity would I not put it out. Because I believe you never know how good or bad something is until later. It reflects what you were going through at the time, what you were doing musically, more or less. So unless you think it's really sub-standardish you put it out. Some people wait around forever. I was disappointed with this last Stevie Wonder album, In Square Circle. I think he's a great musician. But we waited five years, and when this album finally came out I felt, He could do that every year, couldn't he? It wasn't so groundbreaking, so what was he doing spending five years on it?"

Mick Jagger, 1987.

Like the times, the people do change, don't they?

(Couldn't resist sharing this - if nothing else, just to see the predictable reaction of all anti-Jagger forces here... score!)

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-17 17:50 by Doxa.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 17, 2020 19:03

Doxa

"This is something I like to do. Every year I like to produce something. And only if it's really shity would I not put it out. Because I believe you never know how good or bad something is until later. It reflects what you were going through at the time, what you were doing musically, more or less. So unless you think it's really sub-standardish you put it out. Some people wait around forever. I was disappointed with this last Stevie Wonder album, In Square Circle. I think he's a great musician. But we waited five years, and when this album finally came out I felt, He could do that every year, couldn't he? It wasn't so groundbreaking, so what was he doing spending five years on it?"

Mick Jagger, 1987.

(Couldn't resist sharing this - if nothing else, just to see the predictable reaction of all anti-Jagger forces here... score!)

- Doxa

This was more than 30 years ago, Doxa - a time, when record sales really mattered, a time, before the Stones entered the era of yearlong multimillion $ tours with revenues that put those of record sales to shame.

Date: November 17, 2020 20:53

The decline in record sales shouldn't be a deterrent to creating/releasing new material, and for most creative artists it isn't a deterrent.
Since the Stones have been mentioning a new album for the last five years, yet still unable/unwilling to provide the goods, should they be given a free pass for becoming stagnant relics of nostalgia?
Based on most responses in this thread, a majority of fans think it's time for them to put up or shut up, but I realize there are a few who are willing to wait indefinitely with no end in sight.
On the bright side, they could be half way there....four or five songs...or five or six songs...ready...in the can...lol......

edit: Forgot to add hats off to both john lomax and cowboytoast for their thought-provoking posts above. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-17 21:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 17, 2020 22:13

To play the cynic once again: In a way I think the last album was Tattoo You, really. You could make a stretch for Undercover. But that's about it.

Date: November 17, 2020 22:24

Hairball
The decline in record sales shouldn't be a deterrent to creating/releasing new material, and for most creative artists it isn't a deterrent.
Since the Stones have been mentioning a new album for the last five years, yet still unable/unwilling to provide the goods, should they be given a free pass for becoming stagnant relics of nostalgia?
Based on most responses in this thread, a majority of fans think it's time for them to put up or shut up, but I realize there are a few who are willing to wait indefinitely with no end in sight.
On the bright side, they could be half way there....four or five songs...or five or six songs...ready...in the can...lol......

edit: Forgot to add hats off to both john lomax and cowboytoast for their thought-provoking posts above. thumbs up

I think it's time for you and some others here to realize that this band is in a position to care a shit about what I think, what you think, what we think that they could/should/have to do this or stop doing that, what Dylan, Young, Springsteen do (in fact releasing albums that in reality don't add much to what they already did during their heydays and consequently get usually forgotten shortly after their release dates outside, if not even partly inside their most loyal fanbases).

I can very well imagine that even if you throw a remark like "hey guys, your creativity leaves a lot to be desired in recent decades!" right into their faces, they would simply shrug it off with a knowing smile.

It's not a situation I like, it's not that I'm giving them a free pass, it's just reality.

Just like it's reality that they are not "getting old", they are old. I don't blame them for devoting only a certain amout of time each year to the band. The tragic is that the virus that "freed" them from touring duties at the same time also hinders them from getting together to record.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-17 22:28 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2020 22:56

releasing albums that in reality don't add much to what they already did during their heydays and consequently get usually forgotten shortly after their release dates outside,

YEP .... you can say that again ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 18, 2020 01:24

retired_dog
what Dylan, Young, Springsteen do (in fact releasing albums that in reality don't add much to what they already did during their heydays and consequently get usually forgotten shortly after their release dates)...

Yep - and that includes the Stones, though sadly it's been 15 years since they released an album of originals that really didn't add much to what they did in their heyday, and most have forgotten about - including many fans.
It would be easier to understand the lack of creativity/productivity if they didn't continuously talk about releasing a new album during interviews, yet this thread clearly shows they've been talking about it for years now.
But the other bands and artists who actually do release new music on a a regular basis usually DON'T talk about it in every interview they give while misleading their fans in the process - that's the difference.
Action speaks louder than words, and talk is cheap indeed. Again, maybe with the positive reception to Ghost Town, they'll possibly get a bit more motivated and release another new and original single.
No matter how good or bad it could be, it's gotta better time spent than doctoring up forgotten/throwaway junk like Scarlett and All the Rage - both completely useless in the big picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-18 01:26 by Hairball.

Date: November 18, 2020 03:51

retired_dog
Doxa

Mick Jagger, 1987.

- Doxa

This was more than 30 years ago, Doxa - a time, when record sales really mattered, a time, before the Stones entered the era of yearlong multimillion $ tours with revenues that put those of record sales to shame.

Integrity wasn't a factor though, especially regarding Mick's attitude and his bit about Stevie Wonder.

SHE'S THE BOSS... DIRTY WORK... PRIMITIVE COOL. That's more than enough. A lot of all three is below sub-standard.

Date: November 18, 2020 04:04

Stoneage
To play the cynic once again: In a way I think the last album was Tattoo You, really. You could make a stretch for Undercover. But that's about it.

And that's not even cynical because the Stones setlists totally reflect your sentiments.

I'm usually a bit harsher because for me, the Some Girls sessions were their last creative outburst before the era of constant repetition and aimless meandering began, while Tattoo You, as fantastic it was, relied heavily on unused stuff dating back to as early as 1973, an album that had to be completed more or less by Jagger alone due to increasing internal conflicts and the resulting lack of new material.

I regard Steel Wheels as a nice afterthought, though, listenable from start to finish, while the worthwile tracks from the three (and only!) studio albums of original material that followed could form a nice and decent compilation, but nothing more. And that's all in more than 3 decades!

Date: November 18, 2020 04:53

Hairball
retired_dog
what Dylan, Young, Springsteen do (in fact releasing albums that in reality don't add much to what they already did during their heydays and consequently get usually forgotten shortly after their release dates)...

Yep - and that includes the Stones, though sadly it's been 15 years since they released an album of originals that really didn't add much to what they did in their heyday, and most have forgotten about - including many fans.
It would be easier to understand the lack of creativity/productivity if they didn't continuously talk about releasing a new album during interviews, yet this thread clearly shows they've been talking about it for years now.
But the other bands and artists who actually do release new music on a a regular basis usually DON'T talk about it in every interview they give while misleading their fans in the process - that's the difference.
Action speaks louder than words, and talk is cheap indeed. Again, maybe with the positive reception to Ghost Town, they'll possibly get a bit more motivated and release another new and original single.
No matter how good or bad it could be, it's gotta better time spent than doctoring up forgotten/throwaway junk like Scarlett and All the Rage - both completely useless in the big picture.

Maybe it's because they're constantly getting asked about new material? In this business you rarely get brutally honest answers like "Look, we're happy that we're still able to do shows, and successful ones at that, but new material? No, there's little inspiration whatsoever because there's not much we could add to what we've already done! Too much effort for just too little revenue. And for the shows we don't need new material anyway because there's more than enough stuff we could play from our back catalog!"

But apparently they have recorded at least something over the course of the past years. How much really, remains to be seen. I'd say their 60th Anniversary is the date to look forward to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-18 04:57 by retired_dog.

Date: November 18, 2020 04:57

retired_dog
Stoneage

And that's not even cynical because the Stones setlists totally reflect your sentiments.

I'm usually a bit harsher because for me, the Some Girls sessions were their last creative outburst before the era of constant repetition and aimless meandering began, while Tattoo You, as fantastic it was, relied heavily on unused stuff dating back to as early as 1973, an album that had to be completed more or less by Jagger alone due to increasing internal conflicts and the resulting lack of new material.

I regard Steel Wheels as a nice afterthought, though, listenable from start to finish, while the worthwile tracks from the three (and only!) studio albums of original material that followed could form a nice and decent compilation, but nothing more. And that's all in more than 3 decades!

TATTOO YOU didn't rely heavily on unused stuff - it was entirely unused stuff from 1972 to 1979. Nothing was recorded specifically for TATTOO YOU (in a way it reminds me of how New England beat Cantlanta in the Super Bowl - NE never lead the game).

The band didn't record from mid-October of 1979 until mid-November of 1982! Sound and production wise, UNDERCOVER was the proper follow up to EMOTIONAL RESCUE if you go by a progression standard.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 18, 2020 05:01

Doxa
But seriously, the idea about not being a 'good', but 'great' album begs some questions. Does Mick consider, say, A BIGGER BANG and BRIDGES TO BABYLON as 'great' albums? That the material they have come up with by now isn't qualitywise in that level yet? If not, will that mean that they didn't really do their best at the time when making those albums? Their criteria was then lower, but now they are more ambitious and self-critical?
- Doxa

Well, at the risk of stating the obvious, the stakes are very different and much higher this time. Mick knows this. Keith knows this. You know it. I know it. This is the last hurrah, the final statement that the band will make. It is the recording that will seal their legacy - either as a band that went out with a bang, or with a whimper.

If the Rolling Stones record a masterpiece for their final album - something that is truly on par with their heyday recordings - historians will look back on this band with considerably more awe than if it is mediocre. Any band of musical geniuses can record a series of classic albums while in their 20s and 30s. But to do the same in their 70s? Now, that is something else entirely.

To defy the limitations of age, not just in their concerts but in their final recording, would be nothing short of a miracle. (Hence I'm not holding my breath!)

Drew

Date: November 18, 2020 05:51

edit: double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-18 06:04 by Hairball.

Date: November 18, 2020 06:03

retired_dog
Hairball
retired_dog

Maybe it's because they're constantly getting asked about new material? In this business you rarely get brutally honest answers like "Look, we're happy that we're still able to do shows, and successful ones at that, but new material? No, there's little inspiration whatsoever because there's not much we could add to what we've already done! Too much effort for just too little revenue. And for the shows we don't need new material anyway because there's more than enough stuff we could play from our back catalog!"

But apparently they have recorded at least something over the course of the past years. How much really, remains to be seen. I'd say their 60th Anniversary is the date to look forward to.

To think they're all basically lying to the press whenever they've been asked about a new album sounds a bit cynical, though I suppose there could be some truth to that.
But then there's all the documented time they've actually spent in a studio working on the new album - either all together, or alone as Keith was just doing. Seems for the past five years or so, the goal has been to finish a new album just as they've been saying in all the interviews - Charlie actually thought it should have been finished a long time ago saying "where's the new album"?. They even squeezed out an entire album of blues covers in order to clean the slate and start fresh! Yet for some reason they can't get it done. Mick has now become a "perfectionist" for some oddball reason, but the troubles, delays, and detours started way back when they hit the wall. Then there were disagreements over song selection (Getta Grip). Then Universal called all of the material "uneven". Then it was back to the old drawing board. It's all here in this lengthy thread! But you're saying this is all a charade they've been putting on, even twisting the truth when talking to the press? Remember - they've spent loads of time in the studio over the last five or so years, and the only reason for doing that would be to complete and release a new album - just as they've been saying all along. Through all of this turmoil though, they were miraculously able to release Ghost Town thanks to Keith's urging and insistence, so maybe that's a hint towards the future...more singles sporadically released on a whim. `Not sure what will happen for the 60th anniversary, but not gonna hold my breath for a new album - a new single will do, and maybe a re-release of another old album.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 18, 2020 12:56

We really don’t know anything. I thought somewhere in this thread it was mentioned they had 30 songs, now it’s 5 or 6.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:18

When I look back at all the albums and all the songs since Tattoo You, there are precious few tracks that make it into the live shows, much less become warhorses. Their entire setlist is dominated by 1960s and 70s hits.

My point is - Is it worth the effort now to produce a new album when the likelihood is that only one new song will be played live, sporadically, on the next tour before disappearing into the waste bin of forgotten tracks?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 18, 2020 13:21

It would have to be a vanity project, they can't promote it with a giant tour and it's not like their singles are going to top the billboard hot 100 so it's probably not going to make them a lot of money.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 18, 2020 14:30

Bashlets

We really don’t know anything. I thought somewhere in this thread it was mentioned they had 30 songs, now it’s 5 or 6.

It were 40 Tracks, but it looks like only 5-6 Tracks (minus LIAGT) are currently good enough to be released on their "perfect collection of 10 Tracks" - [iorr.org] - [Web.Archive.org] .

Don Was, 1-Aug-2019: "A 'good album’ is not good enough - it’s gotta be great. So, I think when we feel we’ve got 10 things that are great an album will come out.”

Date: November 18, 2020 14:59

Father Ted
When I look back at all the albums and all the songs since Tattoo You, there are precious few tracks that make it into the live shows, much less become warhorses. Their entire setlist is dominated by 1960s and 70s hits.

My point is - Is it worth the effort now to produce a new album when the likelihood is that only one new song will be played live, sporadically, on the next tour before disappearing into the waste bin of forgotten tracks?

Many songs are never meant to be performed on stage. Some are, though. So, yes, it's worth it – an album is an art form within itself (and some of us are waiting impatiently for the next Stones album).

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 18, 2020 15:18

Is it right that Keith urged Mick to put out LIAGT?

I thought Mick called all the shots, and that his cards were on the table?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...457458459460461462463464465466467...LastNext
Current Page: 462 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home