Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...454455456457458459460461462463464...LastNext
Current Page: 459 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2020 16:37

TumblinDice76
Judging by most interviews the last few years, no one has really liked the new material and I think at this point it is safe to say A Bigger Bang will be their last studio album of original material. Why release an album at this stage in their career that they are luke warm on? And if tour is done ( I said if) why bother releasing material you don't love? Time to focus on the Vault series and releasing material fans have been wanting-Paris '76, El Macombo '77, a full show from '72, etc.

Isn't focus on vaults been what they've been doing for the last ten plus years, and there is no end in sight?

- Doxa

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 21, 2020 16:38

Barry White
Lou Reed
Levi Stubbs
Maurice White
Pavarotti
... To add overlooked greats

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: August 21, 2020 17:12

MisterDDDD
Chacho
In the Charlie YouTube Interview, above,

The statement that he does not like the

songs appears at around 2:58 in the dialogue.

"But, I don't write the songs" 2:58

My apology; I misunderstood what he said. You are right,
He said "write", instead of "like".

But I think anyone will agree that Charlie Watts is not
the clearest speaker, and he has a heavy accent to those
who are not native to Great Britain.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 21, 2020 18:13

Chacho, I agree. It is damn difficult at least for me as a non-native speaker sometimes understand what he says. He has such a 'lazy', non-articulated way to throw words.

- Doxa

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 21, 2020 18:50

As an American with a slight southern accent, the Australian accent is the easiest non-native English language to understand.

Where English is not the native language, Indians (India) dialect can sometimes be hard to decipher the message. On the other hand, people from Spanish speaking countries seem to pick up English fairly well with less of an accent and can be understood despite mixing up pronouns. For example, "He" versus "She ", and so forth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-21 19:14 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 21, 2020 19:41

maumau
Also, imagine a world where Charlie Watts give a public interview where he says that he does not like Mick and Keith songs... then come back to reality

can we move on Chacho?

Chacho misunderstood.

But imagine a world where Charlie actually DID write songs - we might have had several new and original Stones albums by now.
He doesn't seem the type who would overthink things and/or squabble with other bandmates over which direction a song or an album should go.
In fact, it was one if his quotes from a few years ago which he said out of complete frustration that is amongst the highlights of this entire thread:
"We did a session here, a session there, another session...and another session...So where is the new album"?
When Charlie's that frustrated and airs the "dirty laundry", things seemingly aren't going very well in Stonesland......

EDIT: Looking forward to another Jazz/Boogie Woogie album from Charlie...chances are probably better for that than a new Stones album ever seeing the light of day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-21 19:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 21, 2020 23:21

bitusa2012
retired_dog
bitusa2012
retired_dog
bitusa2012
retired_dog

Time is on their side on this behalf. They can wait for the right opportunity. And do I really need to explain that

Brian Jones
Michael Jackson
Michael Hutchence
Whitney Houston
David Bowie
John Lennon
Kurt Cobain
George Harrison
Sid Vicious
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
Aaliyah
Jim Morrison
Dolores O’reirdan
Amy Winehouse
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Buddy Holly
Karen Carpenter
Mama Cass

And countless other young (YOUNG) musicians had TIME ON THEIR SIDE, but for a variety of reasons, many they COULD control, time ran out on them way too early.

THE STONES do not. To suggest otherwise is silly. They are all, unfortunately but truly, the wrong side of 75yo

I'm sorry, but this is just tasteless and outright disgusting.

I’m sorry it’s upset you. It’s just the truth. I am in that age bracket too. I’d LOVE to hear a new Stones album before I cark it. Which means, in all likelihood, before one of them carks it too.

Quick check: If you meet the Stones personally, would you say that right into their faces? To explain why you think they should put out the new album as soon as possible?

Even if you're brave enough, I can imagine they would just turn around and leave you standing as an answer.

And please, if you quote me, quote me correctly and don't cut sentences in half to give that what I actually said a different spin:

Time is on their side on this behalf. They can wait for the right opportunity. And do I really need to explain that

The uncut quote reads like this:

"Time is on their side on this behalf. They can wait for the right opportunity. And do I really need to explain that the upcoming 60th Anniversary is such an opportunity?"

And now please tell me what's wrong with that.

Yes, time is on their side because they're in the phase of their career where everything they do is just an added bonus, not a necessity.

They have no pressure whatsoever to release new material. Hell, they even have no pressure to do any more live shows. If they retire tomorrow, what would it take away from them and their legacy? They're rich and famous beyond belief. They can do whatever they want and whenever they want. They are FREE.

And do I need to explain that one, some of them, may not MAKE their 60th??? I might not either.

And? What does it change? What do your "facts" change? You're not the center of the universe. I still call it bad manners, or do you tell strangers looking ugly & fat "hey, if you're not following my advice to take care of your looks and loose weight you might face premature death!" - unless you're their doctor?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 22, 2020 01:37

Chacho
MisterDDDD
Chacho
In the Charlie YouTube Interview, above,

The statement that he does not like the

songs appears at around 2:58 in the dialogue.

"But, I don't write the songs" 2:58

My apology; I misunderstood what he said. You are right,
He said "write", instead of "like".

But I think anyone will agree that Charlie Watts is not
the clearest speaker, and he has a heavy accent to those
who are not native to Great Britain.

yes of course, it's not easy at all to understand charlie, sorry if i was harsh, just a bad day...
smileys with beer

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 22, 2020 01:57

No real news here, but nice to hear Ronnie talk about wanting to get back on the road, new Stones music, as well as his having a couple solo albums ready to go.

There's some lovely music on the hob': Ronnie Wood teases new Rolling Stones and solo materia
[news.sky.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2020 03:02

...Awwwww so hob will now
be the new word around here ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 22, 2020 08:02

MisterDDDD
No real news here, but nice to hear Ronnie talk about wanting to get back on the road, new Stones music, as well as his having a couple solo albums ready to go.

There's some lovely music on the hob': Ronnie Wood teases new Rolling Stones and solo materia
[news.sky.com]

And a bit further below: "Why you can trust Sky News"...

...ah, I see, after a lenghty commercial the video starts...looks genuine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-22 08:07 by retired_dog.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2020 21:02

Rockman
...Awwwww so hob will now
be the new word around here ...

Wot? Oh my. You should probably go and dust off your hob. It's a bit dusty, that ol' hob.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 24, 2020 00:10

I thought it meant "House of Blues" but then saw the interview; I guess its some kind of English expression.

I think Ronnie should release his albums if they are indeed ready.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2020 00:31

hob .....side brick in
fireplace on which to place to keep things warm

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2020 00:37

With the pandemic keeping them apart, seems they have a legit reason to NOT finish the album now...eye rolling smiley
"Oh yes, it was almost done...but then the virus hit!..." yeah right what a bunch of bullshit....

Wondering if Ronnie's albums are original tunes or more inferior covers like his Chuck Berry tribute album...if originals, I can't wait! thumbs up

Date: August 24, 2020 01:51

Maybe the thread title should be changed to The Last Stones Album In (year)? instead.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 24, 2020 06:14

Let it go...

Rod

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: August 24, 2020 22:29

Pandemic blue is the new album title

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: August 25, 2020 06:41

good title !
Maybe Neil Young could sing Ambulance Blues as opener of the next zoom tour ?

Re: New Stones album for 2021
Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: August 25, 2020 15:32

I good album PANDEMIC HOT BLUE

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:56

From the Rolling Stone interview with Patrick Doyle, published September 3rd:

When 2020 began, the Stones were looking forward to a big tour. With those dates off due to Covid-19, they’ve been staying busy in other ways. At his home in Europe, Jagger has been working on documentary projects, plus writing new music and keeping in shape. “I’ve been singing quite a lot, and I’ve been exercising quite a lot, so I’m keeping that bit together,” he says. “I’m not in such a bad position. Can’t feel sorry for yourself. But yeah, I miss performing.”

“I really enjoyed that last tour, it was a great trek,” Richards says of the band’s 2019 dates, which came just weeks after Jagger had heart surgery. Still, the singer proved he was in top form, and the band played rarities like “Harlem Shuffle” and “She’s a Rainbow,” ending the tour with a dramatic, rain-drenched gig in Miami. “I was very disappointed in March when we said, ‘Uh oh, this thing’s looking bad,” Richards says. “A week later, they started to say, ‘We’ll cancel the first few gigs.’ And I said, ‘I have a feeling. Nah, this thing’s too big for us. It’s too big for anybody, you know?”

The guitarist has been hunkered down at home in Connecticut this summer. “It’s not very often, we do go drift out and stop by a sidewalk cafe,” he says. He, of course, wears a mask. “Oh yeah, I’m a masked man,” he says. “I mean, it’s what you have to do. I wear mine in bed!” He’s been listening to Bob Dylan’s Rough & Rowdy Ways (“Bless old Bob. I mean, I love his new album, man”) and working on new music himself. In late April, the Stones released “Living in a Ghost Town,” their first original release since 2012. “We had it in the can,” Richards says. “I spoke to Mick around March. I said, ‘Hey man, if there’s a time to put this one out, it’s now, you know.'”

Jagger says that song “was part of a group of songs we’d recorded quite recently. It just seemed to fit the times. When I went back to my lyric book and looked at it, it was a song about being a ghost after a plague. Obviously I threw in a few more current lines, and then redid some of the vocals and I redid bits of my guitar and stuff. Now I’m singing on some of the other ones that we did from that time period, finishing those off, too.”

The band is considering putting those songs out soon. “I think we have five, six, or seven tracks we’ve slowly been putting together,” Richards says. “Right now, seeing if this thing’s going to go on, maybe we should think about putting them out in another way.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: September 4, 2020 06:14

I just don't understand. Reading between the lines, Keith is saying a new album is not a priority for him. It's not like lack of an album to tour behind stops them from touring. Fifteen years and there's 5-7 decent songs, and they might just release them as singles? How often? Not all of us are immortal.

I'm sorry. I find it aggravating and depressing.

Date: September 4, 2020 06:58

"I think we have five, six, or seven tracks we’ve slowly been putting together..." - Keith

This has to be the biggest understatement in the history of Rock and Roll!!!
Meanwhile, the earth has become ten degrees warmer since the last Stones album...

Date: September 4, 2020 18:19

TumblinDice76
Judging by most interviews the last few years, no one has really liked the new material and I think at this point it is safe to say A Bigger Bang will be their last studio album of original material. Why release an album at this stage in their career that they are luke warm on? And if tour is done ( I said if) why bother releasing material you don't love? Time to focus on the Vault series and releasing material fans have been wanting-Paris '76, El Macombo '77, a full show from '72, etc.

The only disagreement I have with that is everyone I know that's heard Living In A Ghost Town's first reaction was the same: That's The Rolling Stones? I like it!

Time to focus on the vault series? This isn't 2011. They have been focused on the vault series since 2011. Do you remember? It is a lot (some are distinctly labeled "From The Vault Collection" for whatever reason):

Brussells
Texas
Hampton
LA Friday
Checkerboard
Tokyo
Fuse
Leeds
SSSun
Marquee
Sticky Fingers Live
Totally Stripped
Havana
Fonda Theatre
On Air
San Jose
Voodoo
Bremen
Beunos Aires

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2020 18:54

From Mick's interview with Patrick Ryan of USA Today, published September 3:

Q: How's the new album coming along?

Jagger: I'm doing a lot of writing and I finished off a lot of tracks that we recorded. We'll see how it goes when we get together. The last (six) months, it's been quite hard to get together and studios aren't really open much. But we hope to get together soon and get on with it. I would really like if it was finished by the end of the year.

Q: You fast-tracked the release of “Living in a Ghost Town” because of its relevance to the pandemic. Are there other new songs inspired by or related to current events?

Jagger: They're all, to some extent, inspired by what's going on. But they're not quite so on the nose as "Ghost Town." I think one like that's enough. What you write reflects the times you're living in, so lyrically, I think they'll all be somewhat influenced without being obvious.

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 4, 2020 19:20

bye bye johnny

Jagger: I would really like if it was finished by the end of the year.

The year means what year? Not this year? winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 4, 2020 22:47

well we have moved from "don't hold your breath" or something like that to "I would really like if it was finished by the end of the year"

a big step for the stoned humanity waiting since 2005

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-04 22:51 by maumau.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 5, 2020 01:31

So maybe 2021 then

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 5, 2020 10:24

My predict is with a tour if it will be possible and/or in the fall (of 2021) if no tour

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 5, 2020 19:45

something is def cooking...the new interviews seem to suggest a roll out of some kind shortly.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...454455456457458459460461462463464...LastNext
Current Page: 459 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home