Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...446447448449450451452453454455456...LastNext
Current Page: 451 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 22, 2020 23:02

Based upon last Saturday their staying power is super strong. Hopefully song selections get resolved and this thing comes out this Fall

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 23, 2020 03:50

New track drops tomorrow

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2020 04:54

If Dylan can do it (twice), the Stones can do it for crying out loud!
But how can we be sure it's a Stones tune and not another Mick solo tune?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:05

Let's see if their new tune is also 17 min long ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:34

Hairball
If Dylan can do it (twice), the Stones can do it for crying out loud!

simply put: because he is Bob Dylan…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 14:34 by slewan.

Date: April 23, 2020 16:05

Weren't those Dylan-tunes 7 years old?

Date: April 24, 2020 01:37

There was some speculation there were from the tempest sessions. But even if - so what? We got them. He could have sat on them! Heck, he could even have deleted them ... eye popping smiley

Date: April 24, 2020 01:56

What does it even matter when Dylan's tune were recorded - the fact is he released two tunes, and for all intents and purposes they were two brand new tunes that no one had ever heard before!
Murder Most Foul even made a dent on the billboard charts, so hats off to Bob Dylan!

As for the possibility of hearing more new Stones material, after watching this interview with Mick it doesn't seem very likely...at least not anytime soon...

"we've been recording, and we've got some really good stuff...but, I mean...don't hold your breath".

So that's a bummer, but at least they released ONE new tune, and its a pretty darn good one imo. thumbs up

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 24, 2020 03:33

They still got it!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2020 03:46

Hairball
What does it even matter when Dylan's tune were recorded - the fact is he released two tunes, and for all intents and purposes they were two brand new tunes that no one had ever heard before!

People - some of them - seem to be under an impression that in order for something to be new it has to be... recently written and recorded.

For an artist/band, that's not the case - it's strictly 'never released'.

There are so many artists and bands that have used pre-recorded songs, "pre-recorded" in the true sense of the word, PREVIOUSLY RECORDED, for a new album. The Stones are one - on a lot of albums. Zeppelin, Beatles and a plethora of others have all used pre-recorded tracks for a song or songs on a new album.

For idiots to claim that TATTOO YOU is a "compilation", well, ALL albums are a compilation - a compilation of recorded tracks.

Bands/artists have expressed "these are all new" before so... people know.

But that's not always the truth (UNDERCOVER).

Regardless - if the shit hasn't been released and it does get released, it's therefor not previously released. When it was recorded means ZERO.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 24, 2020 03:49

Deathgod
New track drops tomorrow

This must be a old post. I was hoping another track was going to drop tomorrow for a sec.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 03:52 by U2Stonesfan.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 24, 2020 03:58

>When it was recorded means ZERO.

Don't really agree with that: when it was recorded explain a lot of idiosyncrasies about a recording, what was in fashion at the time in the way of recording techniques, ways and styles of playing instruments, even keywords of the age that may not be used or understood anymore. In other words: when a song was recorded adds context to the song as a whole or assemblage of parts if that is how the song was built up.

jb

Date: April 24, 2020 04:16

jbwelda
>When it was recorded means ZERO.

Don't really agree with that: when it was recorded explain a lot of idiosyncrasies about a recording, what was in fashion at the time in the way of recording techniques, ways and styles of playing instruments, even keywords of the age that may not be used or understood anymore. In other words: when a song was recorded adds context to the song as a whole or assemblage of parts if that is how the song was built up.

jb

You forget the aspect that they may not include everything that was done at the time. They may put new stuff on it.

Therefor, when it was recorded means ZERO.

Date: April 24, 2020 04:55

Based on this by Keith the new LP isn't done.

The one bit of good Stones news in the middle of all this, however, is that Jagger and Richards have plenty of extra time on their hands now. “We’ve got another five or six tracks and there’s a lot of sort of soul feel about it for some reason without anybody intending to... Obviously right now we’ve got nothing else to do but write some more songs, right?”

At this point, regardless of and like this thread, it means zero. So whatever.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 24, 2020 06:16

>They may put new stuff on it.

If by "it" you mean any new album that might be released, yes they may put new stuff on it, which is recorded sometime recently, and therefore understood in that context, but if they do put older stuff on it (being the album being released), it helps to understand that material by knowing when it was recorded. Not when the album was released, or when major parts of the album were recorded, but when the archival song was recorded. Or so I read sometime somewhere. Made sense at the time.

jb

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: April 24, 2020 09:05

I'm not interested when the tracks where recorded, I'm only interested to
listen to new unreleased materialof my favorite band!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 24, 2020 11:43

The way things are going with "Living in a Ghost Town" being well received and ALL OVER THE NEWS making them "relevant" again for the first time in...decades, it might restore their "confidence" in their new material and give Mick and Keith the boost they need to get moving and release that long overdue album without "overthinking" it !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:20

GasLightStreet
Based on this by Keith the new LP isn't done.

The one bit of good Stones news in the middle of all this, however, is that Jagger and Richards have plenty of extra time on their hands now. “We’ve got another five or six tracks and there’s a lot of sort of soul feel about it for some reason without anybody intending to... Obviously right now we’ve got nothing else to do but write some more songs, right?”

At this point, regardless of and like this thread, it means zero. So whatever.

[www.rollingstone.com]

From what i understand, they have more than 30 basic tracks and 5/6 finished songs.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:25

This would be the hope.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:26

When was the "don't hold your breath" statement made Hairball?

plexi

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 24, 2020 13:41

timbernardis

plexi

Doesn't he say that in the interview from yesterday?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 24, 2020 13:58

From the interview with Zane Lowe of Apple Music:

“Long time ago. Last original Stones. Yeah, it was so long. And I think one of the problems I personally have with it is that it’s suddenly that you want it to be really good. So I don’t just want it to be a good album, I want it to be great. You know? Yes, I’m very hard on myself.

“If I write something or if I write something with Keith Richards or whatever, it’s going to be great. It can’t just be good.”

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Date: April 24, 2020 14:20

Hey, there's someone missing in the discussion ...

IAN ... IAN ...! You hear? There's new music from the Stones! hot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 24, 2020 14:28

doitywoik , I saw him pop up briefly on the main LIAGT thread, saying he didn't much care for the new tune

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 24, 2020 14:46

doitywoik
Hey, there's someone missing in the discussion ...

IAN ... IAN ...! You hear? There's new music from the Stones! hot smileysmileys with beer

Ian, we need you!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:00

bye bye johnny

From the interview with Zane Lowe of Apple Music:

The complete Interview (27m:40s) by Zane Lowe of Apple Music: [Music.Apple.com] .

Keith about new songs: "There's more stuff to come." - (Pos. 21:56).

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 24, 2020 20:44

Can't Mick and Keith write TOGETHER via Skype or something?

Date: April 24, 2020 20:49

NilsHolgersson
timbernardis

plexi

Doesn't he say that in the interview from yesterday?

Yes he did - in the video/interview I posted near the top of this thread.

Date: April 25, 2020 00:16

Elmo Lewis
Can't Mick and Keith write TOGETHER via Skype or something?

Technically they certainly could. They could even invite Ronnie to a Skype (or other) conference and work in a threesome. Jamming together in sync might be a problem with Keith in the States (delay).

Judging from what Mick said in an interview these days they don't work together in a conference setting but rather he records something in his home studio and then sends it to the others to add their parts - perhaps minus Charlie, can't imagine him to drum to a click track (although he does exactly that live on SFTD).

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: April 25, 2020 08:59

gotdablouse
The way things are going with "Living in a Ghost Town" being well received and ALL OVER THE NEWS making them "relevant" again for the first time in...decades, it might restore their "confidence" in their new material and give Mick and Keith the boost they need to get moving and release that long overdue album without "overthinking" it !

Crazy to think it might take a global pandemic to get the Stones to finally release a new studio album! LOL

But it's true the situation is unusual enough that it could alleviate some of the pressure of a traditional album release. No one's going to be expecting massive physical sales any time soon and people are gonna be starved for new entertainment over the next few months. They should just pair Living in a Ghost Town with 9 or 10 new tracks and be done with it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...446447448449450451452453454455456...LastNext
Current Page: 451 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home