Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...445446447448449450451452453454455...LastNext
Current Page: 450 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 14, 2020 18:58

Agreed. When the post header morphs to New Stones album for 2023 I'll give up!grinning smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: April 14, 2020 19:24

Sick and tired. No relevant news just bla bla

Better think dometjing else

Probably just another vault, i do not see the point

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 16, 2020 01:29

Mick Jagger (1987): Liking to create and produce work

"This is something I like to do. Every year I like to produce something. And only if it's really shity would I not put it out. Because I believe you never know how good or bad something is until later. It reflects what you were going through at the time, what you were doing musically, more or less. So unless you think it's really sub-standardish you put it out. Some people wait around forever. I was disappointed with this last Stevie Wonder album, In Square Circle. I think he's a great musician. But we waited five years, and when this album finally came out I felt, He could do that every year, couldn't he? It wasn't so groundbreaking, so what was he doing spending five years on it?"

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 01:38

THE WORLD IS IN A PANDEMIC. GIVE THE NEW STONES ALBUM TALK A REST. THAT IS LITERALLY THE LEAST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT RIGHT NOW. THE STONES ARE AT THE HIGHEST RISK FOR CONTRACTING THE VIRUS. THINK ABOUT THEM STAYING HEALTHY BEFORE YOU SAY YOU'RE SICK AND TIRED OF NO RELEVANT NEWS.THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES STAYING HEALTHY.

STOP BEING SELFISH

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 16, 2020 02:28

Relax JordyLicks96 - discussing the Stones and their supposed new album is an escape from the Doom and Gloom (pardon pun) surrounding the coronavirus.
Should all threads be closed except for the coronavirus thread? Even the Beatles vs. Stones thread? Or even the "what are you listening to this very second" thread? God forbid....what a depressing site this would be...
God bless the Stones and their fans, and with any luck we'll be getting some new music from the band before this damn pandemic is over. Seems everyone else is doing it, so why not the Stones?!!!
Good health, and positive vibes to all... thumbs up

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 16, 2020 03:07

sure their basic modus operandi to create music in the past 30 years would not be affected that much by the pandemic.. cmon mick and keith let those damn files go back and forth! at least they might leak smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2020 03:18

Here's what Alice Cooper has to say about all his spare time:

“While our management is working to reschedule the postponed shows, I’m going to finish work on my next album, which is nearly done.
At least now I won’t be squeezing in vocal recording sessions on days off, between shows".

Mr. Nice Guy smiling smiley

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 03:22

Hairball
Relax JordyLicks96 - discussing the Stones and their supposed new album is an escape from the Doom and Gloom (pardon pun) surrounding the coronavirus.
Should all threads be closed except for the coronavirus thread? Even the Beatles vs. Stones thread? Or even the "what are you listening to this very second" thread? God forbid....what a depressing site this would be...
God bless the Stones and their fans, and with any luck we'll be getting some new music from the band before this damn pandemic is over. Seems everyone else is doing it, so why not the Stones?!!!
Good health, and positive vibes to all... thumbs up

I was kind of just talking to the people complaining about the Stones being selfish and all that about not making music right now. It's very rough times we're living in. Hope you're doing well smiling smiley

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: April 16, 2020 03:27

Have to think that Mick would be working on the album and doing what he can.
Anyway hard to see the album being released in 2020 given the current worldwide circumstance.

Date: April 16, 2020 03:33

2022 - 60th anniversary album.
In the meantime between now and then, best case scenario would be maybe a new Stones single though probably not until 2021.
Worst case scenario - new Mick solo tune.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 16, 2020 05:14

Actually the worst case scenario is a worldwide depression rivaling the last one. Best case seems to be some form of live music in 2022

Date: April 16, 2020 05:27

Yes in the big picture of things of course, but my post was focused solely on the context of this thread - i.e. "New Stones album".
By the way, didn't realize this thread has reached 450 pages (!)...maybe reason to celebrate? Where's Ian Billen?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:16

JordyLicks96
THE WORLD IS IN A PANDEMIC. GIVE THE NEW STONES ALBUM TALK A REST. THAT IS LITERALLY THE LEAST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT RIGHT NOW. THE STONES ARE AT THE HIGHEST RISK FOR CONTRACTING THE VIRUS. THINK ABOUT THEM STAYING HEALTHY BEFORE YOU SAY YOU'RE SICK AND TIRED OF NO RELEVANT NEWS.THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES STAYING HEALTHY.

STOP BEING SELFISH

So in this forum you can talk about ANYTHING... but new material that we have been waiting for 15 years?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:18

Hairball
In the meantime between now and then, best case scenario would be maybe a new Stones single though probably not until 2021.
Worst case scenario - new Mick solo tune.

thumbs up

Date: April 16, 2020 10:49

Hairball

Probably a compilation with Satisfaction, Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash...

Posted by: JCM ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:51

Well of course the pandememia is horrible Jordilicks but i just was complaining for a 15 years without no new music living from glorious past
not about the recent time with the virus.

To be healthy is MORE important that the STONES , not just themselves i am talking about ordinary people. simple and commun people that get up every day
6 am to work and raise a family not 4 millonaires that can go to the castle and
enyoy everything, for them this is not hard time, do not hide your eyes.

As for the new record if come to light is ok if not as well. There are simple things more importants.

Date: April 16, 2020 12:09

Well we did get Blue & Lonesome, Doom & Gloom, One More Shot, new Some Girls tracks, new Exile tracks, SuperHeavy, countless liveshows and dvds and blurays and live albums, from the vault stuff, Crosseyed Heart, Gotta Get a Grip/England Lost, etc etc, in a way we were still being very spoiled the last 15 years. I mean what do other 60s bands do nowadays..

Date: April 16, 2020 12:32

NilsHolgersson
Well we did get Blue & Lonesome, Doom & Gloom, One More Shot, new Some Girls tracks, new Exile tracks, SuperHeavy, countless liveshows and dvds and blurays and live albums, from the vault stuff, Crosseyed Heart, Gotta Get a Grip/England Lost, etc etc, in a way we were still being very spoiled the last 15 years. I mean what do other 60s bands do nowadays..

Status Quo - New album last year
Deep Purple - Brand new album now
Alice Cooper - Recording new album now + released an album recently

All acts from the 60s. Just off the top of my head, there's probably way more smiling smiley

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: April 16, 2020 12:55

You can add Neil Young and Bob Dylan to your list.

Date: April 16, 2020 15:33

I'm not looking forward to Mick Jagger singing Sinatra cover albums

Date: April 16, 2020 15:50

NilsHolgersson

None of the acts mentioned here are doing that for the albums in question.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 16, 2020 17:42

Brian Eno
Iggy Pop

Date: April 16, 2020 18:59

Add THE WHO - new album recently released towards the end of last year, and Pete's already working on more.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 16, 2020 19:14

Scheduled 2020:

Willie Nelson
The Pretenders
Robby Krieger
Steve Earle & The Dukes

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 16, 2020 19:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-16 19:52 by Bastion.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:12

Scenario:New studio album at the end of November 2021 with a single in September.There will be surely a deluxe edition with at least 3/4 bonus tracks and video footage of studio work.In the second half of 2022 a new Anthology with a couple of "new tunes"(of old sessions...)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 18, 2020 08:27

NilsHolgersson

The two new Dylan songs alone would make up one side of an LP (ca. 22 min).

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 18, 2020 14:05

Doom and Gloom sounding really rockin' on Hyde Park show......

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 18, 2020 14:06

many reports of ray and dave working on a new kinks album, elo just released and macca working on a musical,new album and kids cartoon movie soundtrack

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:55

Yeah, older age is no reason to stop being creative.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...445446447448449450451452453454455...LastNext
Current Page: 450 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home