Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...444445446447448449450451452453454...LastNext
Current Page: 449 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 26, 2020 04:19

Also, seemingly he was totally taken by surprise, going hiding and not letting the committee know whether he would accept the prize or not.

mr Zimm picked up the prize money though
….$$$$$$$ …. hhhaaaaa …. like a good boy should ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 26, 2020 04:34

Is it known what he did with the dough? Like, keep it or donate it? (I have never checked ...)

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 04:48

doitywoik
iraq0708
Maybe the LP has been finished for a couple years but the band can't agree on the cover photo?! That COULD be it y'know. It really could. Really.drinking smiley

My guess (or, one of my guesses) is that the long pause since Tempest (i.e. releasing new original stuff) may also have to do with his Nobel prize in 2016.
Not sure what Dylan has to do with the new Stones LP cover but OK..confused smiley

Date: March 26, 2020 15:47

iraq0708
doitywoik
iraq0708
Maybe the LP has been finished for a couple years but the band can't agree on the cover photo?! That COULD be it y'know. It really could. Really.drinking smiley

My guess (or, one of my guesses) is that the long pause since Tempest (i.e. releasing new original stuff) may also have to do with his Nobel prize in 2016.
Not sure what Dylan has to do with the new Stones LP cover but OK..confused smiley

I thought your post referred to the immediately preceding post(s) (about the rumoured new Dylan album):

MrEcho
doitywoik
Doxa
MrEcho

Word is that a new Dylan album is ready for release (recorded in LA in January/February 2020). Unconfirmed, though.

That's the best news I've ever heard! Please let that be true.

LOVE & THEFT was released at the same day (minus or plus one) as 9/11 - is Bob repeating the formula here, releasing new stuff while the world is in crisis?

- Doxa

Does Word say whether it's originals or covers? - Great news anyway, and hopefully more than just a rumour!
New originals.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 31, 2020 21:07

Just seen that good ol' Hot Rocks has once again re-entered the Billboard 200 today (31 March 2020). It is by a distance the Stones best ever selling album. It also indicates the level of interest that still exists out there for their older material and, of course, many of the warhorses. I guess these two facts, together with other considerations such as the ageing process, and the overall health of the four principals, suggest that the possibility of one last album recedes ever further. Not that we can complain as a fan base. There is plenty of material out there, official and unofficial, to keep most of us reasonably happy.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 31, 2020 22:19

The next full concert that they are going to edit is known.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 31, 2020 22:26

''The next full concert that they are going to edit is known.'

That's a little cryptic, Mick64!

Care to tell us more please?!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2020 00:00

peoplewitheyes

Care to tell us more please?!

Looks like he wanna know what the next From-the-Vault release is .... in his words: "The next full concert, that they are going to release, is it known?".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 00:05 by Irix.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 1, 2020 02:18

Any clue about it?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2020 03:03

Maybe something from NO Filter...'LIVE IN MIAMI"....or maybe a compilation of the greatest live moments from all legs of the No Filter Tours 20017-2019...

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: April 1, 2020 12:08

I want to say which is the next concert that they are going to edit official for example Barcelona 90 or Paris ext on LP CD DVD BD like Bremen 88 or Buenos Aires

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: April 1, 2020 12:27

Hairball
Maybe something from NO Filter...'LIVE IN MIAMI"....or maybe a compilation of the greatest live moments from all legs of the No Filter Tours 20017-2019...

Excellent suggestion! A compilation of the greatest live moments would be brilliant - especially if they avoided all the usual big hits and warhorses and focused on the less frequently performed material.

My quick headcount of the latter material shows that more than twenty such numbers were performed during the No Filter tours. Such a compilation would be very tasty indeed.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 1, 2020 13:05

mick64
I want to say which is the next concert that they are going to edit official for example Barcelona 90 or Paris ext on LP CD DVD BD like Bremen 88 or Buenos Aires

It's yet unknown

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 1, 2020 19:35

Urban Jungle, yes, good one

Barcelona '90 (june 13th + june 14th)

What about Prague'90 or BBC from wembley 070790

Four or five shows boxset

Date: April 1, 2020 20:04

Oh please no post '82 stuff.

Guys, throw us a ficken bone please. Toss us a tasty 70s show for us to enjoy on lockdown!

Date: April 1, 2020 21:16

mick64

From the press release, where they mention upcoming releases:

"Eagle Rock, the UMG-owned producer and distributor of music programming for broadcast, DVD, Blu-Ray, TV and digital media, also has expanded its global distribution rights to the band's extensive longform audio-visual catalog. As part of the agreement, Eagle Rock will also reissue several classic concert films from its archives, including Atlanta (1989), Steel Wheels (1989-90), Voodoo Lounge (1994), Bridges to Babylon (1997-98), Four Flicks (2002) and A Bigger Bang (2005-06).

In addition, UMG will provide The Rolling Stones with archival support and dedicated space for the band's physical media assets, musical instruments and equipment across the company's ecosystem of vaults positioned around the world".

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2020 22:40

DandelionPowderman

Released on 9-Jul-2018: [www.UniversalMusic.com] .

Date: April 1, 2020 23:26

''ecosystem of vaults''

Haha! Some tosser actually sat down and thought that up
>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: April 2, 2020 14:42

will there be anything with Taylor from 2012 / 2014 like the Prudential/Newark, Shanghai, Rokskilde?

Id buy all these immediately drinking smiley

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: April 2, 2020 14:42

Captainchaos
will there be anything with Taylor from 2012 / 2014 like the Prudential/Newark, Shanghai, Rokskilde?

Id buy all these immediately drinking smiley

Oops sorry wrong thread smileys with beer

Date: April 3, 2020 04:03

DandelionPowderman

"... In addition, UMG will provide The Rolling Stones with archival support and dedicated space for the band's physical media assets, musical instruments and equipment across the company's ecosystem of vaults positioned around the world".

Sounds like preparing for retirement days? Like, where to put all these guitars once the Stones are gone?

Posted by: janathmer ()
Date: April 13, 2020 15:05

At their age and during this period of their carrier writing and recording a new album? What to expect.....? I think it's not realistic to expect that they are able to create new music that comes close to the many many brilliant recordings they already created over the years. They can be very proud of what they created.They can be very proud of what they,at their age, still can create during their live performances. If this was all they created, I'm more than OK with that!

Date: April 13, 2020 18:08

janathmer
At their age and during this period of their carrier writing and recording a new album? What to expect.....? I think it's not realistic to expect that they are able to create new music that comes close to the many many brilliant recordings they already created over the years. They can be very proud of what they created.They can be very proud of what they,at their age, still can create during their live performances. If this was all they created, I'm more than OK with that!

Do they need to "come close"?

A good Stones album with new songs is enough for me

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 13, 2020 18:26

Seems like a good time to do it all couped up - a great time to get it done!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2020 18:50

Chris Fountain

Seems most bands and artists are doing livestream telecasts, and one even released a 17 minute recording! Meanwhile Mick has released a photo of himself and the band has released a well written apology for having to postpone the tour. Other than that, not a peep - not even from Ronnie which is a bit surprising as he seems to have been the most active in recent years. So whether it's some sort of livestream or maybe some sort of recording, maybe/hopefully we'll hear something from the Stones again some day? Maybe one or two of them will appear for a charity event? Even if they're isolated and livestreamed from a safe location? Or maybe they'll release a brand new single tune? Seems like a good time - maybe not for the sales, but do it for the loyal fans.

Date: April 13, 2020 19:16

<not even from Ronnie>

Rehearsal video with Ben Waters + the beautiful post where he read for AA and NA-people.

The most active one again smiling smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 13, 2020 19:23

It’s 2020. Exciting new music everywhere.

Laura Marling brought forward the release of her new album from August. It’s called Song For Our Daughter and came out on Friday. Check it out.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 13, 2020 20:14

Hairball
Chris Fountain

Seems most bands and artists are doing livestream telecasts, and one even released a 17 minute recording! Meanwhile Mick has released a photo of himself and the band has released a well written apology for having to postpone the tour. Other than that, not a peep - not even from Ronnie which is a bit surprising as he seems to have been the most active in recent years. So whether it's some sort of livestream or maybe some sort of recording, maybe/hopefully we'll hear something from the Stones again some day? Maybe one or two of them will appear for a charity event? Even if they're isolated and livestreamed from a safe location? Or maybe they'll release a brand new single tune? Seems like a good time - maybe not for the sales, but do it for the loyal fans.

thumbs up

Date: April 14, 2020 04:44

Hairball
Chris Fountain

Considering various posts in this thread here they might do an online show "Where in the world is Mick Jagger?" ... winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2020 06:53

GerardHennessy
Just seen that good ol' Hot Rocks has once again re-entered the Billboard 200 today (31 March 2020). It is by a distance the Stones best ever selling album. It also indicates the level of interest that still exists out there for their older material and, of course, many of the warhorses. I guess these two facts, together with other considerations such as the ageing process, and the overall health of the four principals, suggest that the possibility of one last album recedes ever further. Not that we can complain as a fan base. There is plenty of material out there, official and unofficial, to keep most of us reasonably happy.

When I think of Hot Rocks it reminds of a far away time. It's almost fifty years ago. I walked into one of those good old hippie record stores in Atlanta. The smell of patchouli incense everywhere. There against one wall was a waist high stack of Hot Rocks, next to an equally high stack of Exile On Main Street. The Summer of '72 was the absolute peak for the band. Hot Rocks introduced them to a whole new generation. And Exile was the album of the summer of '72.

So there was no mention of Knebworth, or anything from '76 in that Eagle Rock statement? Bummer. That only leaves Atlantic City from the Golden Era. Now that we have San Jose '99, there's nothing that interests me post 1990. Unless they taped those rehearsals with Wyman from 2012.

Oh well, I'm glad to see this thread is up and running again. It's about nothing, really, and that's the way it should be. Come on. We can get to Five Hundred Pages about an album that's six or seven years late. We can do it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...444445446447448449450451452453454...LastNext
Current Page: 449 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home