Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...442443444445446447448449450451452...LastNext
Current Page: 447 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 15, 2020 03:41

Let 'em eat chicken and let 'em eat steak
Let 'em eat shit, let 'em eat cake ……………………………..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 15, 2020 06:53

There is a good song in there somewhere, but I fear I was too old to truly appreciate the song "Gotta Get a Grip" became.

"England Lost," on the other hand, seemed intended for Bill Wyman's antenna instead of Mick's, though there were still some clever ideas there as well.

Date: March 15, 2020 07:08

Reporter to boxer
How many fights ya had?

Boxer
A hundred

Reporter
How many ya lost?

Boxer
A hundred

Reporter
How do ya explain that?

Boxer
Can't win 'em all.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 15, 2020 08:44

doitywoik
Witness
Hairball
REJECTS vol 1, REJECTS vol 2 and REJECTS vol 3...

Sounds like something Mick could (and should) put together on his own as a solo project, and not sure what's stopping him at this point considering he's so creative and in his words he writes all the time.
He could even make it a Deluxe Reject Box Set with bonus rejects, extended rejects, and multiple remix rejects ala England Lost for those who desire them.

However, we do not know how the other 38 songs out of the said 40 songs are like from having heard different versions of two songs.smiling bouncing smiley

OK, so the box set will contain 38 rejects (i.e. the remainder of Mick's batch of 40 songs), and Keith's three dynamite riffs will come as a bonus on the Japanese version ... doesn't sound too bad ...

What are the "different versions of two songs"? There's the CD edit and the radio edit of D&G, which differ only mildly (but LP and single versions of a songs have hardly ever been the same) plus a few remixes by other people, and the only other version of OMG OMS I know of is the Winos version, which is unreleased as of yet.

KRiffhard

...quotes ...

Great post! I always feel like there's talk about a new album already for a decade, and if adding the Keith interview from 2010 I quoted a few pages back I must admit that, horribly enough, it in fact is a full decade now sad smiley

October-november 2010:
"Mick and I are still great friends and still want to work together... There's no point in me saying, The Stones have gotta go to work if Mick doesn't feel like it. It's tiring trying to get everyone's enthusiasm up at the same time. And a lot of times it isn't there. But when it is, it's fantastic. And you have to pick those moments, in order to still be the Stones again. (Right now w)e're whispering - I wouldn't say talking. I'm getting hints. And I'm always ready. Mick and I spoke about a month ago in New York. It's at that mumbling stage. But I had some outtakes from the last sessions we did (for A Bigger Bang) and said, Just to jog your memory... So there's interaction. You don't want to push it too hard.

...and...

"After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album. And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. And I have ideas, and we'll put them together in December or January, something like that... We're looking forward to working"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-15 08:49 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 15, 2020 09:48

maybe the measures of social distancing and quarantines can squeeze some good music out of them quickly? Hope they are not in the UK right now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 15, 2020 15:20

Lorenz

maybe the measures of social distancing and quarantines can squeeze some good music out of them quickly?

A reworked song: "Corona lost" .... winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 15, 2020 15:27

doitywoik
Witness
Hairball
REJECTS vol 1, REJECTS vol 2 and REJECTS vol 3...

Sounds like something Mick could (and should) put together on his own as a solo project, and not sure what's stopping him at this point considering he's so creative and in his words he writes all the time.
He could even make it a Deluxe Reject Box Set with bonus rejects, extended rejects, and multiple remix rejects ala England Lost for those who desire them.

However, we do not know how the other 38 songs out of the said 40 songs are like from having heard different versions of two songs.smiling bouncing smiley

OK, so the box set will contain 38 rejects (i.e. the remainder of Mick's batch of 40 songs), and Keith's three dynamite riffs will come as a bonus on the Japanese version ... doesn't sound too bad ...

What are the "different versions of two songs"? There's the CD edit and the radio edit of D&G, which differ only mildly (but LP and single versions of a songs have hardly ever been the same) plus a few remixes by other people, and the only other version of OMG OMS I know of is the Winos version, which is unreleased as of :

As to your question, where you go on writing about "Doom And Gloom" and "One More Shot". But here is a slip of your concentration. For those are not the two rejects. The latter two songs are instead " Gotta Get a Grip" and " England Lost".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-15 15:29 by Witness.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 15, 2020 20:29

Witness
As to your question, where you go on writing about "Doom And Gloom" and "One More Shot". But here is a slip of your concentration. For those are not the two rejects. The latter two songs are instead " Gotta Get a Grip" and " England Lost".

Sorry, I misunderstood you!

edit: Total slip of thoughts … smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 01:56 by doitywoik.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 18, 2020 07:08

Since the tour is postponed.... Perhaps they will get some work done in the studio?

One may say it's risky .. but our studio will continue to record and I assume most will on a downgraded / less constant schedule. In our studio some nights there is only one person me and an engineer .. others there are six or seven of us which includes six musicians.

Perhaps they could try a few weeks. Maybe not now... but in a month or two when we get handle on this (God willing and hopefully that pans out as such).

How much more recording can they plan to do? You'd think another two weeks worth of recording and they surely would of gotten everything they want?

If they keep it relatively down scale - 10-12 people or less .. perhaps that's an idea?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 07:16 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2020 07:21

Sounds great Ian, but I think Mick is still writing songs and hasn't decided which ones will fit on a Stones album.
In addition to that, Keith is keeping busy rejecting Mick's songs, and Universal is still calling everything uneven.
Meanwhile, Ronnie aka "the puzzle", and Charlie aka "the new album?" are getting restless and bored....
Then there's always another detour, another hurdle to leap over, and of course the wall...............not to mention family time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 07:22 by Hairball.

Date: March 18, 2020 10:33

Hairball
Sounds great Ian, but I think Mick is still writing songs and hasn't decided which ones will fit on a Stones album.
In addition to that, Keith is keeping busy rejecting Mick's songs, and Universal is still calling everything uneven.
Meanwhile, Ronnie aka "the puzzle", and Charlie aka "the new album?" are getting restless and bored....
Then there's always another detour, another hurdle to leap over, and of course the wall...............not to mention family time.

Hahahahahaha!!! I love it!1 Hahah

Anyway yeah I know .. always another hurdle .. always something. I dont want them to put their-selves or anyone else at risk but they can still record.
Hell they got the spring off ... All Mick ever says is that hes writing ..
All these blurbs about an album from them .. How bout actually getting down to it this late Spring and finishing it fellas !!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 18, 2020 11:25

Mick's in Mustique, Keith in his home in CT and both Ronnie and Charlie in London.

The album is the latest thing in their minds right now, I can't see a band of 70+ something near a studio for a long time.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 18, 2020 12:03

georgelicks
Mick's in Mustique, Keith in his home in CT and both Ronnie and Charlie in London.

The album is the latest thing in their minds right now, I can't see a band of 70+ something near a studio for a long time.

They can use Zoom to make long-distance recordings.

Date: March 18, 2020 12:08

Wow, Mick is really in a different place every couple of days! On March 14 he was still in London (see 2020 Tour thread). Must have caught the last plane out ...

In principle, with today's digital recording technology and internet infrastructure it's not necessary for all of them to be in the same studio to do recordings. They all (sans Charlie, perhaps) have their studios at home and could easily work on something in the meanwhile and exchange their creative outpourings over the net.

Mick being on Mustique sounds like he will certainly work on some songs while the C crisis lasts. Ronnie will possibly paint some more, maybe also record a bit, and otherwise there's still the twins. Charlie will put on his best suit, hide in his most vintage-st car and wait the thing out while the wifey feeds the horses. And Keith still has three dynamite riffs to ponder.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:52

I agree with the technology, Mick can email it in , rather than phone it in as he did for Dirty Work!!

Date: March 18, 2020 14:26

georgelicks

I have a dream: a new album within a few months dedicated to "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans" who'll buy it!!

Date: March 18, 2020 14:38

ukcal
I agree with the technology, Mick can email it in , rather than phone it in as he did for Dirty Work!!

On Trout Mask Replica, Beefheart provided his vocals for The Blimp over the phone, and that was recorded and ended up on the album ...

... Mick's vocals recorded over the phone ... Keith again recording his guitar parts on a cheap cassette recorder ... Charlie playing a pans & cardboard drumkit ... kazoo instead of sax ... might give the album a certain retro touch ... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 01:24 by doitywoik.

Date: March 18, 2020 15:12

KRiffhard
georgelicks

I have a dream: a new album within a few months dedicated to "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans" who'll buy it!!

This thread is for dreamers (not many actually) because the truth or reality is too hard to handle, even if is there to anyone who wants to see it.

Hold your breath if you want it.

Date: March 18, 2020 15:34

georgelicks
KRiffhard
georgelicks

This thread is for dreamers (not many actually) because the truth or reality is too hard to handle, even if is there to anyone who wants to see it.

Hold your breath if you want it.

They have to choose 10 songs from more than 30 basic tracks, right?!
The disillusioned dreamers keep waiting! After 15 years, sooner or later it will be published!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 15:35 by KRiffhard.

Date: March 19, 2020 01:31

georgelicks

We don't know what is on their minds right now? They could have studio time tentatively booked in a month. Mick could be writing for it .. they may talk on the phone now and then about it... they could send Demos to Don Was ...or as you said ....nothing at all.

Everyone seems to know what is going on in The Rolling Stone's minds (and their plans) simply by their location ..or simply because they think it such?

Last we heard Mick Jagger was writing songs for it (right from his mouth .. sure...he's been saying that forever.. but still) .. Where was that interview..
If he was in Mystique doing a phone interview does that count?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 03:34 by IanBillen.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 19, 2020 01:36

No new album in 2020.

No new album in 2021.

There, I saved us two years of useless posting on this thread.

Move on with your lives people.

smileys with beer

Date: March 19, 2020 04:41

IanBillen
We don't know what is on their minds right now? They could have studio time tentatively booked in a month. Mick could be writing for it .. they may talk on the phone now and then about it... they could send Demos to Don Was ...or as you said ....nothing at all.

Everyone seems to know what is going on in The Rolling Stone's minds (and their plans) simply by their location ..or simply because they think it such?

Last we heard Mick Jagger was writing songs for it (right from his mouth .. sure...he's been saying that forever.. but still) .. Where was that interview..

We're at the beggining of a worldwide pandemic, the world is shutting down as we speak and you think that the Stones are worried about new music right now?

No one with common sense would release anything this year, no one with common sense would care.

It seems that some people don't know what's going on right now.

Date: March 19, 2020 04:46

JordyLicks96
No new album in 2020.

No new album in 2021.

There, I saved us two years of useless posting on this thread.

Move on with your lives people.

smileys with beer

You've got it right, keep safe and let's pray for the best for everyone.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 19, 2020 08:42

georgelicks

We're at the beggining of a worldwide pandemic, the world is shutting down as we speak and you think that the Stones are worried about new music right now?

No one with common sense would release anything this year, no one with common sense would care.

No one with common sense would even want a new album of the Rolling Stones.
This thread is not meant to have common sense. It's just for entertainment purposes.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 19, 2020 09:17

Found this in German:

[www.klatsch-tratsch.de]

They are planning a new album this year.

Date: March 19, 2020 09:20

georgelicks
IanBillen

I think I know better than you what’s going on, because I live in the most affected area of Italy by Covid-19
With your reasoning we should stop talking about music and close all threads.
I would agree, but then close ALL the conversations, much more futile than the new album and those where we talked about tickets price, setlists and the millionth live version of SMU, BS, MY... until a few days ago.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 19, 2020 09:25

georgelicks
IanBillen

If not for anything else, simply out of being bored by following common sense all the time in all aspects of life. One needs to survive mentally, too, not only physical.

Date: March 19, 2020 10:20

<No one with common sense would release anything this year>

I will (it's too late to stop it now), but I probably don't have common sense smiling smiley

Date: March 19, 2020 10:28

…. what about incense ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 19, 2020 10:40

DandelionPowderman

I will (it's too late to stop it now), but I probably don't have common sense smiling smiley

The Entertainment industry will already be looking at Christmas and planning releases on an assumption that the worst of the crisis will be over. And the public may then be very receptive to making purchases.
It's a business, after all.
And meanwhile creative artists, musicians, writers, film people etc will continue to work on their projects (often in isolation anyway) knowing that their work will eventually see the light of day.
Mick and Keith are not actively creative but I am sure we know plenty of musicians who will be making creative use of their unanticipated spare time.
You never know we might see a Dylan release. These guys have home studios after all.
So, not all doom and gloom.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...442443444445446447448449450451452...LastNext
Current Page: 447 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home