Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...438439440441442443444445446447448...LastNext
Current Page: 443 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 3, 2020 09:06

schillid
Over a million views?
This thread has been merged multiple times:

Another album in 2017 ?
dec 2016 - july 2017
pgs 1 - 64

Another album in 2018 ?
july 2017 - sep 2018
pgs 64 - 196

New Stones album for 2019?
(Another Stones studio album coming up?)
sep 2018 - dec 2019
pgs 196 - 399

New Stones album for 2020?
dec 2019 -
pgs 399 -

A month after Blue & Lonesome we were already whining for a new album. We didn't give the guys a break!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 3, 2020 09:59

Bungo
Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
There's always the GHS reissue to look forward to, and based on what we know it will be released well before any new album.
The fact they're even talking about the GHS reissue is a way to deflect focus away from a new album, and quite frankly, I very much look forward to it (along with the tour), maybe even more so than a new album at this point.
Can you imagine all of the bonus extras that could be included in the GHS reissue? There's enough extra studio and live material to make up a jumbo super sized deluxe box set. Fantastic!

I def agree .. Micks throw-in about GHS when asked about the new studio album is
Mick Jagger speak for = it's not coming any time soon .. so don't expect that.

As far as GHS.. I've mentioned it before here and on Rocks Off several times ..GHS is actually my 'personal' favorite Stones album (always has been). I know it's not their best.. it's certainly not their most commercial .. etc. etc. but it is my 'personal' favorite. Though I only spin it in full maybe once a decade anymore (if that lol) ... It is still held closer to my heart than their several other stronger records.

Definitely a personal favorite of mine as well Ian - was just listening to Heartbreaker full blast after posting that last reply...still stunning after all these years.
Not a bad tune on the entire album imo, though I've always thought Star Star to be overrated. Angie is in my top 20 all time greatest Stones tunes, and 100 Years Ago is a beautiful journey.
But back on topic....whatever that is....oh yeah, a new album....eye rolling smiley

Same here. GHS takes a lot of crap from fans here but it's my favorite.

I have the same problem with Black and Blue!!!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 3, 2020 14:30

NilsHolgersson
A month after Blue & Lonesome we were already whining for a new album. We didn't give the guys a break!

Well, not quite. They were whining about the/a new album already in 2014 - that is, two years before B&L was released - and they released B&L only as a gap filler when it turned out, after the infamous legendary brick wall incident, that the making of the new album wouldn't go down quick and easy.

Personally I found B&L quite OK. It also showed that they still can record an album within a few days if and when there is a common denominator. GHS is not my most favoutite album but if the reissue comes with some good outtakes I'll be in for it.

However, neither B&L nor an expanded GHS is a new album of originals.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2020 16:52

Irix
GasLightStreet

So, they're going to put out a hard copy any format single... they usually do.

Maybe from the GHS-reissue (like 'Plundered My Soul' in 2010 or 'No Spare Parts' in 2011) ....

When I heard the UK mix (officially called Radio Mix) of Plundered I did some investigating and found a promo CD with both versions of it. There wasn't any sense of finding anything for No Spare Parts since it was a generic release.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2020 19:27

From an interview with Jill Serjeant of Reuters, published on March 6:

Fans will have to wait longer for the band’s much talked-about first album of new music since 2005.

“Don’t hold your breath!” Jagger said. “I’ve been writing a lot, and I’ve done a load of demos and the Stones have recorded some really nice things. But we haven’t finished the album yet, so I’ve got no date for that.”

[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 6, 2020 19:43

"Don't hold your breath..."

No Surprise.

GRRRR

eye rolling smiley

Maybe Charlie knows when it will be finished...lol...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 6, 2020 19:48

bye bye johnny

Fans will have to wait longer for the band’s much talked-about first album of new music since 2005.

“Don’t hold your breath!” Jagger said. “I’ve been writing a lot, and I’ve done a load of demos and the Stones have recorded some really nice things. But we haven’t finished the album yet, so I’ve got no date for that.”

[www.reuters.com]

I finally hope that it's beginning to dawn on people that this album is not for any new tour or for any Christmas release, but for a special event ... like their upcoming 60th Anniversary for example.

Date: March 6, 2020 20:05

retired_dog
bye bye johnny

[www.reuters.com]

I finally hope that it's beginning to dawn on people that this album is not for any new tour or for any Christmas release, but for a special event ... like their upcoming 60th Anniversary for example.

In fact, 15 years waiting are not enough!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2020 20:59

I’ve been writing a lot, and I’ve done a load of demos and the Stones have recorded some really nice things

That's good ta read …. keep at it Mick ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 6, 2020 22:37

At this point, it's more than likely it'll be out by their 60th anniversary. We can count it out with the GOATS HEAD SOUP reissue coming sometime this year. Some other new Vault releases will probably come out in 2021 with the new album out in 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-06 22:38 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 6, 2020 22:39

I only found out yesterday this guy came up with what he called a 'riff'

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 6, 2020 23:25

I am beginning to wonder if this album is for the future date, when the band at last cannot go on. If that is so, then they will leave us all with one final studio album as a last tribute to their audiences during the years.

Date: March 7, 2020 00:43

“It’s another kind of performing. I’m up for doing things that interest me, whether it’s acting, music, comedy, whatever,” he said.
[www.reuters.com]

We've heard the music, we've seen the acting, so bring on the comedy! grinning smiley

(... or are we already in it and just don't know yet?)

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 7, 2020 00:52

'Don't hold your breath for that' .. (wow .. just wow).

>> Mick .. Ummmmm... we aren't anymore .. believe us smh ??

However .. He (they) could of told us that three or four years ago now couldn't he (they)?

Date: March 7, 2020 00:54

IanBillen

However .. He (they) could of told us that three or four years ago now couldn't he (they)?

I don't believe you

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 7, 2020 01:03

Nikkei
IanBillen

I don't believe you

.. I don't (can't) believe 'him'! .. .... grinning smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 7, 2020 01:19

it is just mick being positive about the whole situation

Date: March 7, 2020 02:41

“Don’t Hold Your Breath!” ....could be the title for soon to be released single?

Date: March 7, 2020 03:10

I am risking the ban trying to set up practical jokes for you folks but you choose to keep it bone dry serious

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 7, 2020 03:26

“Don’t Hold Your Breath” is the follow-up single to “Hit the Wall.”

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:04

Their Sad Fanfic Travesties Request, the "new" album you (and They) have talked about for years...

Side one
1) Piece This All Together
2) Cut-a-dem(o)
3) Hit Another Wall
4) 2020 Man
5) Piece This All Together (See What Makes Sense)

Side two
6) Song's a Riff Now
7) The Foglight
8) Gone For
9) 2000 Song Bars From Done
10) On With The Thread

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:14

stone66
Their Sad Fanfic Travesties Request, the "new" album you (and They) have talked about for years...

Side one
1) Piece This All Together
2) Cut-a-dem(o)
3) Hit Another Wall
4) 2020 Man
5) Piece This All Together (See What Makes Sense)

Side two
6) Song's a Riff Now
7) The Foglight
8) Gone For
9) 2000 Song Bars From Done
10) On With The Thread

This post is AMAZING. One of my favorites I've ever seen on this site. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 7, 2020 04:31

NilsHolgersson

As if what anyone here determines what the Stones do regarding anything new. Give them a break?

Mick: Keith, did you see what some of our fans have said about us recording a new album on iorr.org?

Keith: Ehhhhhh, hahahahahahaha, what's this now, a reissue of something?

Mick: Nooooaaawwww, it's a fan site on the internet.

Keith: Oh, right. Like Instagram.

Mick: Nooooo, right, it's a fan site.

Keith: A fan site?

Mick: Yeah! A fan site online! You know, it's a kind of forum where they go on about how they think we imitated the Beatles with a couple of albums and how one is all over the lot, the other one has a few more letters in its title.

Keith: Do they have jobs? Whadarthey worryin' about, mate?

Mick: I dunno, I dunno. Apparently it's very important.

Keith: No, I dunno, no, I haven't, man.

Mick: No worries. It's a lot to do about nothing.

Date: March 7, 2020 08:46

bam

grinning smiley

1. Hit the wall
2. Don’t Hold Your Breath
3. Three dynamite riffs
4. 40 Demos
5. Early Stages
6. Puzzle
7. Where's the new album?! (insp.by C.Watts)
8. 30 basic tracks
9. Being prolific (dont mean shit)
10. Uneven Stuff
11. Working on it
12. I'm writing new songs (for years)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-07 08:49 by KRiffhard.

Date: March 7, 2020 09:00

KRiffhard
bam

grinning smiley

1. Hit the wall
3. Three dynamite riffs
4. 40 Demos
5. Early Stages
6. Puzzle
8. 30 basic tracks
10. Uneven Stuff
11. Working on it

smiling smiley

They might have enough songs for a double album a few years from now.

Date: March 7, 2020 09:31

Hairball
KRiffhard
bam

grinning smiley

1. Hit the wall
3. Three dynamite riffs
4. 40 Demos
5. Early Stages
6. Puzzle
8. 30 basic tracks
10. Uneven Stuff
11. Working on it

smiling smiley

They might have enough songs for a double album a few years from now.

You're right!!!
Mick is already working on new demos:
"Only for disillusioned die hard fans"
"I don't find the hit song"
"They gloomy look at you"
"Poor sales (my worst nightmare)

Date: March 7, 2020 11:52

GasLightStreet
NilsHolgersson

As if what anyone here determines what the Stones do regarding anything new. Give them a break?

Mick: Keith, did you see what some of our fans have said about us recording a new album on iorr.org?

Keith: Ehhhhhh, hahahahahahaha, what's this now, a reissue of something?

Mick: Nooooaaawwww, it's a fan site on the internet.

Keith: Oh, right. Like Instagram.

Mick: Nooooo, right, it's a fan site.

Keith: A fan site?

Mick: Yeah! A fan site online! You know, it's a kind of forum where they go on about how they think we imitated the Beatles with a couple of albums and how one is all over the lot, the other one has a few more letters in its title.

Keith: Do they have jobs? Whadarthey worryin' about, mate?

Mick: I dunno, I dunno. Apparently it's very important.

Keith: No, I dunno, no, I haven't, man.

Mick: No worries. It's a lot to do about nothing.

grinning smiley

Date: March 9, 2020 04:40

GasLightStreet
There's still ZERO proof that they've recorded anything new.

Mick: "… and the Stones have recorded some really nice things. But we haven’t finished the album yet"
[www.reuters.com]

Not sure if this counts as proof but it is as much confirmation that something has been recorded and things are in some sort of progress as you can get. And if we are to believe Mick, they even recorded a few things that are fine with him.

When Mick says, "I’ve been writing a lot, and I’ve done a load of demos" this almost sounds like he wants to make it clear that he is delivering his dues. Actually, it makes it sound like he is also (or still?) thinking of the album as an album by Mick Jagger And His Rolling Stones. I'm wondering if one should notice that he didn't say something like "and Keith also brought in some great tunes". But honestly speaking, I can't remember if there has ever been a situation before where they spoke (or were asked) in interviews about an album in progress while the recording of the album was still in progress.

While trying to find the exact quote of Keith's statement about Mick's prolificacy (and his own three dynamite riffs) I stumbled on this interview from 2010 (Hollywood Reporter):

While Richards expects the Rolling Stones to tour in 2011, he says that the group may hit the studio before that. "After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album," says Richards. "And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. And I have ideas, and we'll put them together in December or January, something like that ... We're looking forward to working."
[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

This must have been the session(s?) which in the end only spawned a meagre two songs (D&G, OMS). Keith doesn't say the word "album" but it sounds like he was clearly thinking of more than just a single. Now considering that also Mick said the Stones should have released more new music, one only wonders what the hell has gone wrong all these years.

Date: March 9, 2020 08:25

doitywoik
GasLightStreet
There's still ZERO proof that they've recorded anything new.

Mick: "… and the Stones have recorded some really nice things. But we haven’t finished the album yet"
[www.reuters.com]

Not sure if this counts as proof but it is as much confirmation that something has been recorded and things are in some sort of progress as you can get. And if we are to believe Mick, they even recorded a few things that are fine with him.

When Mick says, "I’ve been writing a lot, and I’ve done a load of demos" this almost sounds like he wants to make it clear that he is delivering his dues. Actually, it makes it sound like he is also (or still?) thinking of the album as an album by Mick Jagger And His Rolling Stones. I'm wondering if one should notice that he didn't say something like "and Keith also brought in some great tunes". But honestly speaking, I can't remember if there has ever been a situation before where they spoke (or were asked) in interviews about an album in progress while the recording of the album was still in progress.

While trying to find the exact quote of Keith's statement about Mick's prolificacy (and his own three dynamite riffs) I stumbled on this interview from 2010 (Hollywood Reporter):

While Richards expects the Rolling Stones to tour in 2011, he says that the group may hit the studio before that. "After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album," says Richards. "And knowing Mick, as I do, he's a very prolific writer. And I have ideas, and we'll put them together in December or January, something like that ... We're looking forward to working."

This must have been the session(s?) which in the end only spawned a meagre two songs (D&G, OMS). Keith doesn't say the word "album" but it sounds like he was clearly thinking of more than just a single. Now considering that also Mick said the Stones should have released more new music, one only wonders what the hell has gone wrong all these years.

From Uncut, nov. 2016
Q: Don Was told me that Mick‘s got 40 new songs.
“Being prolific dont mean shit“, replies Richards.
“I‘ve got three songs and they‘re dynamite. I don‘t want to make any decisions about this until this record comes out, because I think it might radically change Mick‘s attitude; it might change mine“.
“I want to see the fallout from this record before I decide wheteher I want to record 40 of Mick‘s songs or whether he wants to sit down with me and record some songs together. That‘s my thing. That‘s my ball there. I‘ve always got a few songs on the back burner and so does Mick - he writes a lot. I don‘t. I tend to concentrate on two or three really interesting riffs or ideas, rather than being prolific“.
[www.uncut.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 08:34 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 9, 2020 08:58

doitywoik

Well, LIFE happened. I find this interview by Keith interesting, and I recall not seeing it before. Probably the context is that of him promoting LIFE, right? So, Keith was "expecting" the Stones to tour in 2011... I wonder how much realism or substance there was in his expectations - was there real plans, or is just Keith speaking out of his mouth (bullshitting) while promoting the book. It would be over one year until there were those loose three-day jam sessions organized by Keith in London (December 2011).

But what goes for the claim putting his and Mick's songs, and the old non-finished ones, "together" in December 2010/January 2011 all I can conclude is that all what happened was CROSSEYED HEART... Namely, that's what Keith started to work on around at that time. Actually if we leave Mick's songs out, what Keith describes there sounds very much him describing the upcoming process of his solo album. Some of the songs in CROSSEYED HEART really are from old Stones sessions (like the first single whatever it was called). "One More Shot" is a fruition of this project. Anyway, if Keith really had a Stones album initially in his mind, it seriously looks like that Mick aborted this idea. Or LIFE did.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 09:10 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...438439440441442443444445446447448...LastNext
Current Page: 443 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home