Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...437438439440441442443444445446447...LastNext
Current Page: 442 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 28, 2020 06:17

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
There's always the GHS reissue to look forward to, and based on what we know it will be released well before any new album.
The fact they're even talking about the GHS reissue is a way to deflect focus away from a new album, and quite frankly, I very much look forward to it (along with the tour), maybe even more so than a new album at this point.
Can you imagine all of the bonus extras that could be included in the GHS reissue? There's enough extra studio and live material to make up a jumbo super sized deluxe box set. Fantastic!

I def agree .. Micks throw-in about GHS when asked about the new studio album is
Mick Jagger speak for = it's not coming any time soon .. so don't expect that.

As far as GHS.. I've mentioned it before here and on Rocks Off several times ..GHS is actually my 'personal' favorite Stones album (always has been). I know it's not their best.. it's certainly not their most commercial .. etc. etc. but it is my 'personal' favorite. Though I only spin it in full maybe once a decade anymore (if that lol) ... It is still held closer to my heart than their several other stronger records.

Definitely a personal favorite of mine as well Ian - was just listening to Heartbreaker full blast after posting that last reply...still stunning after all these years.
Not a bad tune on the entire album imo, though I've always thought Star Star to be overrated. Angie is in my top 20 all time greatest Stones tunes, and 100 Years Ago is a beautiful journey.
But back on topic....whatever that is....oh yeah, a new album....eye rolling smiley

GHS:

Yezzz ... fell in love with it when I was 16 during the winter offff ...Mmmmm 87 I'd say? It is a great 'late winter' time album IMO (and yezzz ... the song 'Winter' helps that notion a bit too ... and is a great song btw).

It had it's second coming for me when we (a group of friends and me) played it again and again at my place over late winter Chess games when there was nothing to do in the cold late winter of 99.

I've played individual tracks from the album many times over the years .. but have yet to play it all the way through since bout 99 (trust me... I still know every hook, line and guitar lick by heart off of it though).

Tis a personal ... experimental album ... murky. Very special stuff IMO tho. I always listed it as my 'personal favorite' Stones record because it is kina special and has these spots with me ya sees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-28 06:21 by IanBillen.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 28, 2020 13:02

Meanwhile, 86-year-old Willie Nelson releases his 70th album "First Rose of Spring" in april.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 28, 2020 16:48

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Maybe, maybe not, but I'll side with what Charlie says vs. some wild fanatical internet speculations on how he really acts and what his role in the band is - no offense Ian..

Where do you see that or for that matter, where has there ever been "wild fanatical internet speculations on how Charlie really acts and what his role in the band is?" Genuinely curious.

Nothing? That was a good bit of hyperbole to leave hanging in the air without substantiating.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2020 19:24

Rocky Dijon
Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Maybe, maybe not, but I'll side with what Charlie says vs. some wild fanatical internet speculations on how he really acts and what his role in the band is - no offense Ian..

Where do you see that or for that matter, where has there ever been "wild fanatical internet speculations on how Charlie really acts and what his role in the band is?" Genuinely curious.

Nothing? That was a good bit of hyperbole to leave hanging in the air without substantiating.

I was quoting Ian, and jokingly replying to him (hence the "no offense Ian") with tongue firmly planted in cheek when he said:

"Charlie plays the 'I'm just Charlie Watts .. I just play behind the kit .. not much else I pay attention to or know about' .. and while that is true to a point
he knows whats going on with the band and album and other things. He even gives his recommendation at odd times".

Much ado about nothing, and no need for paranoia as it wasn't directed at you in any way.

Date: February 28, 2020 19:32

I didn't think it was, since I was on your side regarding Charlie (actually I think everyone was on your side even if they didn't realize it!). I just misunderstood the "no offense, Ian" to mean it was directed at another post -- maybe an older one. I was curious because I didn't think anyone thought Charlie was involved beyond the obvious when it came to studio work. Album art and stage designs and monitor animation is a whole other thing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2020 19:38

It really wasn't that deep, and I didn't intend for it to turn in to a soap opera.
It was just some lighthearted back and forth banter between Ian and I which we tend to do throughout this thread - sometimes pushing each others buttons for a laugh.

Date: February 29, 2020 01:09

Hairball
Rocky Dijon
Rocky Dijon
Hairball

I was quoting Ian, and jokingly replying to him (hence the "no offense Ian") with tongue firmly planted in cheek when he said:

"Charlie plays the 'I'm just Charlie Watts .. I just play behind the kit .. not much else I pay attention to or know about' .. and while that is true to a point
he knows whats going on with the band and album and other things. He even gives his recommendation at odd times".

Much ado about nothing, and no need for paranoia as it wasn't directed at you in any way.

The comment was directed at me (and nobody else) as Mr. Hairball stated. Don't get things confused ...

Errrrm ... & btw look ... let me be the one who is scrutinized and antagonized round this joint (I've earned that privilege) ... thank you very much! .. ......... ( grinning smiley )

ITB -

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-29 01:14 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 29, 2020 02:10

portions of this thread should be examined by professionals

Date: February 29, 2020 02:26

Be fair, any of us who could be termed regulars are likely certifiable.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 29, 2020 08:07

Nikkei

I’ve read much worse threads than this!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-29 08:09 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 29, 2020 08:13

Rocky Dijon

I cannot tell you how many times I have wondered:

1. Why did I just not only be rude to a person I’ve never met, but argue with them about something I’m really not sure I care about.
2. Why did I Go on a web site and see the latest about The Rolling Stones, the Stones? Again? Still?
3.Why did I just Tell myself the whole Stones thing is wrapping up only to get a credit card bill with a hotel, airfare and a $1000 pair of tickets.

I agree, there needs to be studies, self help books written and possibly a mass intervention.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 29, 2020 10:16

Rocky Dijon

That is certainly true .

...and if this thread were edited down to facts...it probably wouldn't extend beyond one page grinning smiley

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 29, 2020 10:52

I heard from a German Radio Station, that the Stones will soon release a single record.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 29, 2020 12:50

wupperstein

I heard from a German Radio Station, that the Stones will soon release a single record.

'I Can't Get No Satisfaction' (55th Anniversary Edition, Vinyl-LP) - [www.Amazon.com] - [www.Amazon.co.uk] - [www.Amazon.de] - (10-Apr-2020, ABKCO) .... winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 29, 2020 15:43

wupperstein

So, they're going to put out a hard copy any format single... they usually do.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 29, 2020 16:50

GasLightStreet

So, they're going to put out a hard copy any format single... they usually do.

Maybe from the GHS-reissue (like 'Plundered My Soul' in 2010 or 'No Spare Parts' in 2011) ....

Date: February 29, 2020 17:10

lem motlow

1. Why did I just not only be rude to a person I’ve never met, but argue with them about something I’m really not sure I care about.
2. Why did I Go on a web site and see the latest about The Rolling Stones, the Stones? Again? Still?
3.Why did I just Tell myself the whole Stones thing is wrapping up only to get a credit card bill with a hotel, airfare and a $1000 pair of tickets.

I agree, there needs to be studies, self help books written and possibly a mass intervention.

Many times, I think it's just about procrastination and escaping the pointlessness of how I make a living.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 29, 2020 17:14

Drift Away single 2020?

I don't think You Should Have Seen Her Ass is woke enough for today's world

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-29 17:16 by NilsHolgersson.

Date: February 29, 2020 21:31

Rocky Dijon

Perhaps the whole new album thing is a hoax? ( grinning smiley ).

Perhaps the jokes on us? ... I hope not .. ha.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 29, 2020 22:26

IanBillen
Perhaps the whole new album thing is a hoax? ( grinning smiley ).

Don't blow the gaff, Ian! They're not ready yet! eye popping smiley

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 29, 2020 23:36

Is this entire thread "fake news?"

Date: February 29, 2020 23:55

A lamentable expression that should never have entered the vernacular. As for the new album news, if you think "Tell the Truth" isn't a real song or the bluesy one with the harmonica solo, go right ahead. I'm sure some of it is wrong. They've been tinkering with new tracks for nearly a decade now in some fashion. They've been semi-serious about it being an actual album for over four years. Many here act like their lives are somehow incomplete if they don't get it now, tomorrow, in May, or by Christmas. Rinse and repeat each year. At the end of the day, in one form or another, Universal will release new music. Either because the band are ready or the band is no longer a going concern and we get some sort of package of material then. Whether it's physical media by then or just streaming is another matter.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 1, 2020 16:21

Rocky Dijon
A lamentable expression that should never have entered the vernacular. As for the new album news, if you think "Tell the Truth" isn't a real song or the bluesy one with the harmonica solo, go right ahead. I'm sure some of it is wrong. They've been tinkering with new tracks for nearly a decade now in some fashion. They've been semi-serious about it being an actual album for over four years. Many here act like their lives are somehow incomplete if they don't get it now, tomorrow, in May, or by Christmas. Rinse and repeat each year. At the end of the day, in one form or another, Universal will release new music. Either because the band are ready or the band is no longer a going concern and we get some sort of package of material then. Whether it's physical media by then or just streaming is another matter.

I'm damaged.

Incomplete.

24 or 26 or whatever amount of studio LPs they've released is not enough.

All in all I just know that for years the Rolling Stones have hit...

Date: March 1, 2020 16:50

there's rumours floating around fishy fan websites regarding new album artwork

Date: March 1, 2020 16:53

meanwhile Ron Wood presents a 'tune' on twitter, relying on fans to come up with a name for it

[twitter.com]

Date: March 2, 2020 05:37

Rocky Dijon

Can't tell you how much I agree. Of course it's / they are real songs (or at least the basis for a real song). Not saying they will make the album .. they very well could be songs that were not projected to make the final cut... They could of changed since then or have since been dropped etc.
Those particular songs ('Tell The Truth' / the blues rock song) may of never been completed ..etc. or may have never been serious candidates for the record but they were real things and the clips shot were not meant to fool the public or float anyone along.

For the folks who think Mick just one day says 'Hey Lets play some more
tricks on the public .. shoot this video so they 'think' we are working on
creating new stuff for a Stones record to keep this ball rolling'... is a pretty silly notion.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 2, 2020 06:48

Rocky Dijon
lem motlow

Many times, I think it's just about procrastination and escaping the pointlessness
of how I make a living.

It’s not that , I wonder sometimes if we’re all just bored but when you look at it in totality- there is something spellbinding about that thing called The Rolling Stones.
It calls us back again and again and that magic really does reappear each time.
It’s why multimillionaires who could be anywhere else doing anything they wanted are in a stadium somewhere with people who should’ve quit going to concerts years ago.
We tell ourselves it’s just a record, just a concert and they tell themselves it’s “just what they do” but it’s not, it’s inexplicable.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 2, 2020 23:14

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
There's always the GHS reissue to look forward to, and based on what we know it will be released well before any new album.
The fact they're even talking about the GHS reissue is a way to deflect focus away from a new album, and quite frankly, I very much look forward to it (along with the tour), maybe even more so than a new album at this point.
Can you imagine all of the bonus extras that could be included in the GHS reissue? There's enough extra studio and live material to make up a jumbo super sized deluxe box set. Fantastic!

I def agree .. Micks throw-in about GHS when asked about the new studio album is
Mick Jagger speak for = it's not coming any time soon .. so don't expect that.

As far as GHS.. I've mentioned it before here and on Rocks Off several times ..GHS is actually my 'personal' favorite Stones album (always has been). I know it's not their best.. it's certainly not their most commercial .. etc. etc. but it is my 'personal' favorite. Though I only spin it in full maybe once a decade anymore (if that lol) ... It is still held closer to my heart than their several other stronger records.

Definitely a personal favorite of mine as well Ian - was just listening to Heartbreaker full blast after posting that last reply...still stunning after all these years.
Not a bad tune on the entire album imo, though I've always thought Star Star to be overrated. Angie is in my top 20 all time greatest Stones tunes, and 100 Years Ago is a beautiful journey.
But back on topic....whatever that is....oh yeah, a new album....eye rolling smiley

Same here. GHS takes a lot of crap from fans here but it's my favorite.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 3, 2020 03:16

Over a million views?
This thread has been merged multiple times:

Another album in 2017 ?
dec 2016 - july 2017
pgs 1 - 64

Another album in 2018 ?
july 2017 - sep 2018
pgs 64 - 196

New Stones album for 2019?
(Another Stones studio album coming up?)
sep 2018 - dec 2019
pgs 196 - 399

New Stones album for 2020?
dec 2019 -
pgs 399 -

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 3, 2020 08:46

Nikkei

Portions of this thread are probably WRITTEN by professionals. Unfortunately.

Rod

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...437438439440441442443444445446447...LastNext
Current Page: 442 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home