Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...435436437438439440441442443444445...LastNext
Current Page: 440 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 24, 2020 18:24

Maybe they'll do something like Bowie.. drop the album on us as a surprise without any big build-up.. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 25, 2020 03:38

Oh, God, I hope this is real

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 25, 2020 03:54

So we have word now that new album is done. Do I hope it's factual? Of course. But didn't Mick say when they announced the new tour dates earlier in the month he was still writing for the new album?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-25 03:57 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2020 03:55

It'll happen ….Keef the faith ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 25, 2020 04:40

JordyLicks96
So we have word now that new album is done. Do I hope it's factual? Of course. But didn't Mick say when they announced the new tour dates earlier in the month he was still writing for the new album?

From Feb 06.

bye bye johnny
Beyond getting ready for the spring/summer run of dates, Jagger says he's working on songs for the new Stones album

[q1043.iheart.com]

"Beyond getting ready for the spring/summer run of dates, Jagger says he working on songs for the new Stones album,
wrapping up a reissue of the band's 1973 album Goats Head Soup and preparing for the release of his new film, The Burnt Orange Heresy"

I have a feeling this latest "news" has to do with the GHS reissue.

Regarding the supposed new album, as Rockman said above (and has been saying for years now) "it'll happen", and eventually some day he might be right - probably not for at least another year though.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 25, 2020 05:01

They said 'working' on new songs ... not writing new songs.

'Working' could be / mean virtually anything ...from writing to overdubbing or mixing.

Date: February 25, 2020 06:06

IanBillen

'Working' could be / mean virtually anything ...from writing to overdubbing or mixing.

Yeah, Mick says he's working on new songs which could mean anything....
But what about Keith? Wonder when the last time was when he worked on anything?
Doubt he's had anything to do with the GHS reissue, but maybe he's also still working on new songs to add to his arsenal of three dynamite riffs.

Date: February 25, 2020 07:22

Hairball
IanBillen

Doubt he's had anything to do with the GHS reissue, but maybe he's also still working on new songs to add to his arsenal of three dynamite riffs.

Keith has been busy ..quitting smoking. grinning smiley

So it may happen this year? Prolly after the tour .. October / November?

Date: February 25, 2020 07:32

IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

Hmmm...if you're asking me very doubtful based on what georgelicks previously said:

"with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now...the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing".

However, if you're asking someone else who is basing it on some wild new internet rumour ("heard it from a friend"), it could happen any time.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: February 25, 2020 14:25

IanBillen

His actual quote was: "I'm just writing songs for the Stones album. I'm trying to get some other ones done - we got a reissue of Goats Head Soup with a couple of extra tracks - I'm trying to finish those."

N

Date: February 25, 2020 21:40

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
IanBillen

Hmmm...if you're asking me very doubtful based on what georgelicks previously said:

"with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now...the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing".

However, if you're asking someone else who is basing it on some wild new internet rumour ("heard it from a friend"), it could happen any time.

I am not sold on the February rumor thing either (no disrespect to anyone though). I simply wanted your take on it if it happens to turn out to be true. Heard it from a reliable / credible friend who .. got word is its just a 'possibility' (in the pool of about five other things circulating about the album) .. not something that more than likely occurred.

However it is still in the running as a possibility .. lets hope it's true.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-25 21:42 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 25, 2020 21:50

Because one more "source" is either interesting or torture...

"Only Mick and Ronnie were in the studio earlier this month for a few days to work on new material. The new album or albums have not crossed the finish line just yet. Sorry."

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 25, 2020 22:07

I think Mick and Ronnie would/could come up with a very sexy groove I'm sure....add KR in later.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 03:10

Rip This
I think Mick and Ronnie would/could come up with a very sexy groove I'm sure....add KR in later.

I want something new. But rather than a “sexy groove”, I want The Stones to rock

Rod

Date: February 26, 2020 06:40

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:43

Would love to be wrong, but we'll know soon enough.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:56

Stay calm boys ….
...…. it'll happen …… . Keef The Faith

ROCKMAN

Date: February 26, 2020 09:30

Rocky Dijon
Would love to be wrong, but we'll know soon enough.

Both could be right, though. Could be that Ronnie and Mick hadn't finished all their parts, and that Keith and Charlie are done.

Supposedly, they were all there during the dinner at Hotel Costes.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 09:30

DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.facebook.com]

"....putting finishing touches on the album".

The NEW album ... or finishing touches on the GHS reissue with (presumably) 'new' tracks?

Rod

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 26, 2020 12:35

getting ready for the moaning on the average quality of it

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 27, 2020 09:18

The actual release date is the important thing, not the date when all work is done.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: February 27, 2020 09:34

Just give up already! It ain't happening.. Wann a hear your own echo for 300 more pages?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 27, 2020 14:12

bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.facebook.com]

The NEW album ... or finishing touches on the GHS reissue with (presumably) 'new' tracks?

I highly doubt it's about the GHS reissue. The whole band never works on the reissues. Only Mick and Keith worked on EXILE and SOME GIRLS while STICKY FINGERS didn't have any overdubbing or anything.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: February 27, 2020 14:14

calipachangero
Just give up already! It ain't happening.. Wann a hear your own echo for 300 more pages?

If it means less squabbling and bitching, I’m all for it.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 27, 2020 16:44

JordyLicks96
bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.facebook.com]

I highly doubt it's about the GHS reissue. The whole band never works on the reissues. Only Mick and Keith worked on EXILE and SOME GIRLS while STICKY FINGERS didn't have any overdubbing or anything.

Mick Taylor worked on Exile along with background singers and other extras. There is certainly careful work put into these editions

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 27, 2020 17:36

Maybe just a pre-tour business meeting of the band?

A new album will eventually come - but I'm not too excited about these Paris rumours.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 27, 2020 17:46

CousinC

A new album will eventually come - but I'm not too excited about these Paris rumours.

Could be, but coupled with Jaggers low-key "working on new songs" comment, I think this rumor has teeth. Charlie's off the cuff "yeah, where is the new album?" comment made it clear he thought it was close or done. Being that close a year+ ago, makes me think we may very well see it drop relatively soon.

Date: February 27, 2020 17:48

MisterDDDD
CousinC

Could be, but coupled with Jaggers low-key "working on new songs" comment, I think this rumor has teeth. Charlie's off the cuff "yeah, where is the new album?" comment made it clear he thought it was close or done. Being that close a year+ ago, makes me think we may very well see it drop relatively soon.

Agreed. And when Doug says they did record in Paris, I believe him. He's not making stuff up.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 27, 2020 18:27

Not suggesting Stonesdoug isn't a credible source, but his Facebook post was made the same day as Ulrich's, so it's possible he was just repeating that info.

Date: February 27, 2020 19:19

Charlie's "where's the new album" comment was made over two years ago, and it was not because they album was anywhere near being ready.
It was out of his frustration of putting in work and not seeing/hearing any of the results.

To paraphrase: " we did a session here, a session there, and another session before that...so where's the new album"?
Ronnie quickly changed the subject as to not dwell on the "hitting the Wall" vibe of the process, and started talking about the Blue and Lonesome Grammy - that's how long ago that quote is from.
Simply put - Charlie was/is completely out of the loop when it comes to making the new album happen, or at least he has no clue as to when it will ever be finished.
He probably knows less than this guy who has a friend who supposedly spotted the band in a restaurant in Paris and somehow came to the conclusion the album was finished.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...435436437438439440441442443444445...LastNext
Current Page: 440 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home