Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...428429430431432433434435436437438...LastNext
Current Page: 433 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2020 07:10

IanBillen
Rocky Dijon
I really can't gauge these things, but there are folks like Soldatti who really track all of the sales charts and streaming figures. They're certainly not fading into obscurity despite the changing consumer landscape.

I want the album or albums, certainly. Ian wants it more than anyone I know. For Hairball's sake, I hope there's a wall in the artwork somewhere.

What's important to note is that while Soldatti does share what his source at Universal tells him he can share, he always notes he is passing news on. His remarks about the press conference were just that, his personal opinion. He may very well be correct, but I'll be interested in what Universal shares now that the album appears to yet again be missing the deadline. At this stage, I'll be interested to know if GOATS HEAD SOUP will make it out during the tour and if there is even the slightest chance of a new album for Christmas. Soldatti and mpj200 appear to be the best sources we have of info that has actually panned out so hopefully they can and will share something more concrete soon.

Yezzzz ... it will sell well from CD to download. It just may hit #1. It certainly will in other countries besides the USA and UK. My guess is it will be a number one album in many places (this time .. maybe even the states for the first time in a loooooong time. They always seem, to place a verrrrry close second anymore).

If it does.. how does an album that is number one world wide have only a few die hards that actually care?

Even if it does, basically no one cares: the days of a number one LP mean ZERO in Twenty Twenty and beyond. All it is is a shallow bragging right.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 7, 2020 07:28

David Gilmours Rattle That Lock album from 2015 made it to number 1 in many countries (#5 on US Billboard top 200 and #1 top Rock albums), but nobody other than hardcore Dvid Gilmour fans gave a shit about it.
There was even division amongst Pink Floyd fans - some loved it while others (including msyelf) thought it was boring as hell. The fact that he gave away free cd's for every ticket bought helped his chart success - I ended giving several away for free on this site and other sites, but most people politely refused the offer saying..."David who"?. I still have a couple unopened gathering dust, and the one that I did open has been gathering dust after the first week of listening to it.
Bottom line - #1's are meaningless and nobody gives a crap anymore,

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 7, 2020 11:29

If publishing a dozen new songs is so complicated for this band, it is better a project similar to 'Tatoo You' with the best outtakes reworked.
The story of this hypothetical new album is getting embarassing.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 7, 2020 11:45

It could well get to no. 1 as a buch of old men rush out to buy the CD, and then it will drop rapidly to the darkest parts of the chart.

Same thing with the WHO's latest album.

Georglelicks will probably chip in with more precise details.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 7, 2020 12:23

Can we say by now the new album is in development hell?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 13:11

How do we know Jagger’s not happy with the last 5 years work?

Rod

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 7, 2020 13:21

the moment you know, you know you know

Date: February 7, 2020 13:44

bitusa2012

You did see this, from georgelicks, right? He has contacts in Universal.

georgelicks

We can all guess that with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now, I can't see 2 products released the same year, even if the new album is released in December.

Something strange is happening with the new stuff, Mick is not very happy with the material, that's sure, he's not upbeat at all, and the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing.

Date: February 7, 2020 13:54

DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012

georgelicks

We can all guess that with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now, I can't see 2 products released the same year, even if the new album is released in December.

Something strange is happening with the new stuff, Mick is not very happy with the material, that's sure, he's not upbeat at all, and the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing.

in this last drop it seems that georgelicks is dropping more of his opinion than leaking some inside knowlegde

I work in the media, usually it is very recommended to keep the two things separated

Date: February 7, 2020 14:01

maumau
DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012

georgelicks

in this last drop it seems that georgelicks is dropping more of his opinion than leaking some inside knowlegde

I work in the media, usually it is very recommended to keep the two things separated

That makes two of us winking smiley

Date: February 7, 2020 14:05

DandelionPowderman
maumau
DandelionPowderman
bitusa2012

georgelicks

That makes two of us winking smiley

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 14:05 by maumau.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 7, 2020 14:05

maumau

Yes - it would be too much marketing at the same time.

If we also get a DVD From-The-Vault or the new 'Experience' - [iorr.org] - then there're already 3 products: 2020-Tour, GHS-Reissue, Vault-DVD/Stream.

A new Studio-Album probably wouldn't get the attention as it deserves ....

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 7, 2020 14:09

I think the tour would be called after the album if one was coming up.. or the albums title is gonna be #nofilter

Date: February 7, 2020 14:20

NilsHolgersson

I think the tour would be called after the album if one was coming up.. or the albums title is gonna be #nofilter

Maybe for a Live-Album from that Tour ....

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 7, 2020 15:23

Rocky Dijon
I really can't gauge these things, but there are folks like Soldatti who really track all of the sales charts and streaming figures. They're certainly not fading into obscurity despite the changing consumer landscape.

I want the album or albums, certainly. Ian wants it more than anyone I know. For Hairball's sake, I hope there's a wall in the artwork somewhere.

What's important to note is that while Soldatti does share what his source at Universal tells him he can share, he always notes he is passing news on. His remarks about the press conference were just that, his personal opinion. He may very well be correct, but I'll be interested in what Universal shares now that the album appears to yet again be missing the deadline. At this stage, I'll be interested to know if GOATS HEAD SOUP will make it out during the tour and if there is even the slightest chance of a new album for Christmas. Soldatti and mpj200 appear to be the best sources we have of info that has actually panned out so hopefully they can and will share something more concrete soon.

No one can gauge things — because the band no longer communicates in any meaningful way. They have become private to the point of insularity.

As I said earlier, that is their prerogative. They are not a government agency or a public utility. They don’t owe us anything. But we are fans. And there is a certain “Yes sir, may I have another” masochism to the notion of being expected to shut up, get in line, and pay exorbitant prices for a static product.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 7, 2020 16:45

NilsHolgersson
I think the tour would be called after the album if one was coming up..

In that case it might well become the Goat's Head Soup tour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Seriously mow, if they reissue GHS this year, and with a bonus disc of outtakes, georgelicks's guess they won't release a new album the same year sounds quite plausible.

Also, in case there will be a GHS bonus disc I wonder how much of the more recent studio work was actually for the new album, or rather brushing up outtakes for the bonus disk ...

Date: February 7, 2020 17:18

doitywoik
NilsHolgersson

In that case it might well become the Goat's Head Soup tour. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Seriously mow, if they reissue GHS this year, and with a bonus disc of outtakes, georgelicks's guess they won't release a new album the same year sounds quite plausible.

Also, in case there will be a GHS bonus disc I wonder how much of the more recent studio work was actually for the new album, or rather brushing up outtakes for the bonus disk ...

I think that Mick and Ronnie have worked on GHS reissue.

Date: February 7, 2020 17:49

doitywoik
NilsHolgersson

I’d be very happy with a GHS reissue. ... I don’t mean to sound like a curmudgeon or an ingrate. I loved the Exile and Some Girls deluxe editions. I loved Crosseyed Heart. Hell, sometimes I still blast One More Shot in my car!

For the first time in my career as an uberfan, I’ve grown bored. I want product. They’re sitting on stockpiles of it. I don’t want to wait until they die, because you know what? We’re *all* getting older.

The lack of any post-“Blue and Lonesome” strikes me as a commercial as well as creative mistake. Interest in the band is still high, as evidenced by their almost effortless ability to draw large crowds year in and year out, all over the world.

This idea that they feel compelled to produce some kind of career-defining capstone to their recording history: that’s nuts. That ain’t happening; no one can rationally expect it.

Drop a new track or two. Release a Keith mix and Mick Club mix. Play it live and play it with conviction. If the audience goes to the bathroom, so what. They’re big boys; they can take it.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 7, 2020 18:06

I'm looking forward to listen to live versions of 100 Years Ago, Can You Hear The
Music, Winter and Coming Down Again.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 18:12

It is technically possible that we could get the GHS re-issue and a new album.
We've had two products each year for the past several years now (one in early-summer, one just before Christmas).
In fact last year we had three - Honk, Bremen and Buenos Aires smiling smiley

Date: February 7, 2020 18:20

Barkerboy2

In fact last year we had three - Honk, Bremen and Buenos Aires

Plus the 2019-Tour, so actually four.

Technically spoken it would be possible to release GHS early May and a Studio-Album at Xmas ....

Date: February 7, 2020 18:25

Barkerboy2
We've had two products each year for the past several years now (one in early-summer, one just before Christmas).

I stand (technically) corrected thumbs up

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 7, 2020 18:40

I’d release GHS for the tour and release new album at Xmas. At this point GHS reissue would thrive and new album could provide brisk sales at Xmas season

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 7, 2020 19:03

Barkerboy2
Technically there was also Voodo Lounge in Japan 1995 in 2019 too winking smiley

Date: February 7, 2020 19:15

ironbelly

Technically there was also Voodo Lounge in Japan 1995 in 2019 too

And Japanese Stones-fans had additionally Exhibitionism in 2019 ....

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 7, 2020 20:04

Irix
ironbelly

Technically there was also Voodo Lounge in Japan 1995 in 2019 too

And Japanese Stones-fans had additionally Exhibitionism in 2019 ....
And 5 CDs -Sticky Fingers(Spanish versionn), Rewind(Uk), Sucking, Time waits for no one, and Made in the shade. Although, all iwith 2009 UM madtering

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 7, 2020 20:41

[www.tagesspiegel.de]

Berlin newspaper Tagesspiegel reports that there's a leaked rough demo track in rotation??
They also claim the working title for the record is 'How would the hill be if the toad climbs it on his knees' Did that originate here?

Date: February 7, 2020 20:45

Nikkei
[www.tagesspiegel.de]

Berlin newspaper Tagesspiegel reports that there's a leaked rough demo track in rotation??
They also claim the working title for the record is 'How would the hill be if the toad climbs it on his knees' Did that originate here?

Have no idea where the bizarre title comes from. The “leaked demo” is almost certainly the forgery on YouTube, recently posted again here.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 7, 2020 21:03

Honestly that sounds like something Ronnie might have said. If you picture the hill as the album and the toad as a senior band member, there's some sense to it

Date: February 7, 2020 22:52

Better this fake!
[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...428429430431432433434435436437438...LastNext
Current Page: 433 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10