Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...427428429430431432433434435436437...LastNext
Current Page: 432 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:15

KRiffhard
mpj200
Right mate, they are in the studio this week.

henrik87
Ronnie is in Paris with Mick. A pic of him in a restaurant was shared on Instagram yesterday. Today he posted a video story on Facebook from studio.

Hi mpj!! Are they in studio to work on new album or GHS reissue?!

Maybe an art studio with Ronnie teaching Mick some painting skills? winking smiley
Paris is a great art city!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:16

georgelicks
We can all guess that with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now, I can't see 2 products released the same year, even if the new album is released in December.

Something strange is happening with the new stuff, Mick is not very happy with the material, that's sure, he's not upbeat at all, and the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing.

Of course the world could care less about a new Stones album, all they want is the greatest hits and that's what they get, nobody in the band is losing any sleep for a couple of disillusioned die hard fans.

GHS deluxe is good news, but Mick not being very happy about the new material is worrying. 2022 then?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:30

GetYerAngie

2022 then?

Better new Studio-Album in 2022 than Sixty-Licks-Compilation ....

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:36

You know what might shed some light on things? A real sit-down interview, which we haven’t seen from anyone besides Ronnie and Charlie in *years*.

From a professional communications standpoint, the Stones are a virtual leak-free fortress of silence. The reality of Mick’s medical situation last year was strategically leaked. Mick has never spoken about it. He has not spoken about anything of substance for a long, long time. And neither has Keith.

The last time the two of them were seen dilating front of a camera was for recollections to promote “Exhibitionism.”

This is their prerogative, of course. They’ve basically found themselves in the enviable position of being able to print money with these mini tours, for which there is a bare minimum of creative effort.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve enjoyed the eight shows I’ve seen since 2012. I even got to take my kids to see them last year. If you get the chance to see them this year, by all means, you should.

But I’m taking a pass. At this price point, I require new thrills.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:36

Irix
GetYerAngie

2022 then?

Sixty Licks has a new song man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 20:37 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:40

Over 2 millions and a half of people aren't "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans"...If the Stones have a problem with the processing of new tunes is a fact, but "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans" sorry, but I can't read it...

Date: February 6, 2020 20:52

I don't think georgelicks meant any harm by saying "a couple of disillusioned die hard fans", though clearly there's many more that are at least somewhat interested in a new Stones album.
Maybe not as anxious as some of us fans here, but they're out there somewhere. Meanwhile, I've become disillusioned regarding hopes for a new album, even to the point of being delusional ha.
Yet there's still hope..................grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:01

NilsHolgersson
Irix
GetYerAngie

2022 then?

Sixty Licks has a new song man

An Outtake from the new Studio-Album which didn't make it onto a B-Side .... winking smiley

Sixty Licks: [iorr.org] .

Date: February 6, 2020 21:05

It’s not just disillusioned diehards who wonder about an album. It’s literally every freakin’ music journalist who ever gets the opportunity to speak to them! Read any perfunctory write-up about this tour; the potential “new album” is nearly always mentioned. It is — or used to be — the industry standard to expect new content.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:18

mailexile67
Over 2 millions and a half of people aren't "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans"...If the Stones have a problem with the processing of new tunes is a fact, but "A couple of disillusioned die hard fans" sorry, but I can't read it...

How do you compute two and a half million fans? If there were that many real hard-line fans out there, surely Rolling Stones album sales would be much larger than they are! On this point I completley agree with Georgelicks - all those Rolling Stones 'fans' want are the greatest hits regurgitated endlessly, together with an endless diet of warhorses.

Whatever may or may not happen with a possible Goats Head Soup reissue, or even a new band album, watch Hot Rocks reappear yet again in both the US and UK album charts. Like it or not, that is where the typical fan finds their Rolling Stones fix. Sadly I doubt I will attend any of the upcoming gigs this time around. I've just about heard the warhorses to death by now. And on very odd time the band try something different I just know several people around me will start booing and slow hand-clapping and half a dozen people with very loud voices will start hollering for Satisfaction, or Start Me Up or Brown Sugar.

Date: February 6, 2020 21:50

GerardHennessy
mailexile67

Sadly I doubt I will attend any of the upcoming gigs this time around. I've just about heard the warhorses to death by now. And on very odd time the band try something different I just know several people around me will start booing and slow hand-clapping and half a dozen people with very loud voices will start hollering for Satisfaction, or Start Me Up or Brown Sugar.

I share your frustration. But is the above true? Does this really happen? Or have we gotten into the habit of telling ourselves that it does? I don’t see it. Do people get restless and check out during the Keith set? No question. However, I think you might, in effect, be taking Mick’s word on this. Mick, after all, expressed apprehension in 2015 about how many ballads there are on “Sticky Fingers.” I mean, my God. Think of it. “Sticky Fingers.” Probably the closest they, and he, ever came to perfection with a cycle of 10 songs.

Mick grows more restless with age. Recall his shtick in 2013 when Mick Taylor or Ronnie stretched out on CYHMK. He would don the fedora and shake the maracas. God forbid he should just let the music unfold. He assumes we’re bored, when *he* is the one who’s bored!

We’ve covered this ground ad nauseam. They could easily play deeper cuts alongside the warhorses if they either extended the length of the show (increasingly unlikely at their age) or trimmed the length of time they commit to the warhorses.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 6, 2020 21:52

henrik87
Today he posted a video story on Facebook from studio.

Got a link?

Date: February 6, 2020 22:03

Nothing really suggests he or anyone else is recording:

[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 6, 2020 23:26

OK! I thought it's about studio work (presumably with the Stones) rather than Ronnie's live album.

Date: February 6, 2020 23:46

[amp.cnn.com]

The Rolling Stones are headed back on tour
By Scottie Andrew, CNN
Updated 10:32 AM EST, Thu February 06, 2020

(CNN) The Rolling Stones don't have any new music out. They're touring anyway. And if we're lucky, they'll tour forever.

The band announced the rest of their North American tour dates that'll run through summer 2020.

The Stones postponed their North American tour in May 2019 so frontman Mick Jagger could recover from heart surgery.

Looks like he's back in strutting shape now. The band will kick off the rest of their "No Filter" tour, which started in 2017, in May 2020. Expect Jagger to flaunt and flail through the 15 cities like he's wont to do.

Tickets go on sale on February 14, but pre-sale codes will be sent out earlier that week.

And if you've forgotten why the Stones have enjoyed international fame for more than 50 years, they'll quickly remind you.

The band released a best-of compilation album, "Honk," during their tour hiatus.

Date: February 6, 2020 23:47

CNN must employ disillusioned diehards. Look at the first thing the writer notes in her lede sentence. Remarkable!

Date: February 7, 2020 00:50

It's embarrassing about no new album....but it will be good to see them live again which might be the last chance I ever have (said since '81). winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 7, 2020 00:58

we deserve a rip off of cant you hear the music as leading single for the new album

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 7, 2020 01:07

georgelicks
We can all guess that with the new re-issue of GHS, the chances for the new album released this year is very doubtful now, I can't see 2 products released the same year, even if the new album is released in December.

Something strange is happening with the new stuff, Mick is not very happy with the material, that's sure, he's not upbeat at all, and the re-issue of a 47 years old album is more bad news for the whole thing.

Of course the world could care less about a new Stones album, all they want is the greatest hits and that's what they get, nobody in the band is losing any sleep for a couple of disillusioned die hard fans.

I've always said it will be a 60th Anniversary thing and it looks like it pans out this way. I don't expect a release before late 2021, "to coincide with their upcoming 60th Anniversary next year" to make use of all the surrounding media hoopla then.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 7, 2020 01:40

I'm hoping for a release of a new single before the tour and an album at Christmastime. If this doesn't happen, then I would expect the new album in 2022 at the earliest.

Date: February 7, 2020 03:16

Seems the could quickly cobble together a new single at the very least prior to the tour, but I said the same prior to the last leg of the tour. Even a damn blues cover!!!
Recycling the same thoughts and hopes, but to no avail...round and round and round we go, where it stops nobody knows...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 7, 2020 03:27

New album when their 80 years old

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 7, 2020 03:44

The Top 10 things I, Mick Jagger, have learned after 50 years in rock & roll:
First: "Nobody wants to hear anything from your new album"
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 7, 2020 04:13

NilsHolgersson
"Nobody wants to hear anything from your new album"

[youtu.be]

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:16

MelBelli
It’s not just disillusioned diehards who wonder about an album. It’s literally every freakin’ music journalist who ever gets the opportunity to speak to them! Read any perfunctory write-up about this tour; the potential “new album” is nearly always mentioned. It is — or used to be — the industry standard to expect new content.

Exactly! The reason why journalists ARE asking is because people are interested and want a new album. Look at the sales of Blue & Lonesome .. a 'covers' album to give an indication. Many here act like nobody cares about a new Stones album except for some of the people here or on a few other message boards ... and it's simply not true... in fact it's horse shit. After all .. the album will sell millions (few) and will easily make the top five when it's released .. SOMEONE is / will buy it .. and they are not buying it because they are <not interested> ! It's why journalists are asking .. radio people are asking ...people on FACEBOOOK and Instagram are asking about it... even some people I know personally have asked <me> about it. Not saying it's going to sell 20 million records or it's going to get played like Taylor Swift in the top 40 ... BUT there IS def interest besides a few die hards. Actually .. Id say there is significantly more interest in a new Stones album than the next Neil Young, McCartney or U2 album .. Id say on the rock scene .. there is easily as much interest in another Stones album at this point as much (if not more) than anyone.

nuff said.

- Ian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 05:27 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:51

I really can't gauge these things, but there are folks like Soldatti who really track all of the sales charts and streaming figures. They're certainly not fading into obscurity despite the changing consumer landscape.

I want the album or albums, certainly. Ian wants it more than anyone I know. For Hairball's sake, I hope there's a wall in the artwork somewhere.

What's important to note is that while Soldatti does share what his source at Universal tells him he can share, he always notes he is passing news on. His remarks about the press conference were just that, his personal opinion. He may very well be correct, but I'll be interested in what Universal shares now that the album appears to yet again be missing the deadline. At this stage, I'll be interested to know if GOATS HEAD SOUP will make it out during the tour and if there is even the slightest chance of a new album for Christmas. Soldatti and mpj200 appear to be the best sources we have of info that has actually panned out so hopefully they can and will share something more concrete soon.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: February 7, 2020 05:56

Some (age-appropriate) suggestions of song titles for the alleged "new" album:

1. Under My Cane
2. Time Was On My Side
3. (I Can't Get No) Fibrillation
4. The Nurse's Assistant Wheelchair Protection Man
5. Let's Spend The Nap Together
6. 19th Dentures Breakdown
7. Prop Me Up
8. You Got The Walker
9. Replace Your Hips
10.I Just Want To Remember His face
11.Under Covers For The Night
12.Dementia Hotel

Date: February 7, 2020 06:09

stone66
Some (age-appropriate) suggestions of song titles for the alleged "new" album:

1. Under My Cane
2. Time Was On My Side
3. (I Can't Get No) Fibrillation
4. The Nurse's Assistant Wheelchair Protection Man
5. Let's Spend The Nap Together
6. 19th Dentures Breakdown
7. Prop Me Up
8. You Got The Walker
9. Replace Your Hips
10.I Just Want To Remember His face
11.Under Covers For The Night
12.Dementia Hotel

smiling smiley

Bonus tracks:

- Grandmothers Little Helper
- Sympathy For the Diaper
- Slow Me Down
- Can I Get a Wheelchair
- Get Off of My Lawn
- Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Pacemaker)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2020 06:45

Rocky Dijon
I really can't gauge these things, but there are folks like Soldatti who really track all of the sales charts and streaming figures. They're certainly not fading into obscurity despite the changing consumer landscape.

I want the album or albums, certainly. Ian wants it more than anyone I know. For Hairball's sake, I hope there's a wall in the artwork somewhere.

What's important to note is that while Soldatti does share what his source at Universal tells him he can share, he always notes he is passing news on. His remarks about the press conference were just that, his personal opinion. He may very well be correct, but I'll be interested in what Universal shares now that the album appears to yet again be missing the deadline. At this stage, I'll be interested to know if GOATS HEAD SOUP will make it out during the tour and if there is even the slightest chance of a new album for Christmas. Soldatti and mpj200 appear to be the best sources we have of info that has actually panned out so hopefully they can and will share something more concrete soon.

IF they indeed release a new album this year or next year or, shit in a bag, 2022, if it sells 2 million hard copies it will be considered a phenomenon and the last of its kind.

The Rolling Stones, creatively, are an almost-dead business model. There's some hippy boomer etc hype about how the tours are the Stones being creative but carving up a dead tree into a graceful bird with a chainsaw is not the same as cutting down 400 trees a year with a chainsaw.

The post-BRIDGES TO BABYLON Rolling Stones are the latter.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 7, 2020 07:03

Rocky Dijon

Yezzzz ... it will sell well from CD to download. It just may hit #1. It certainly will in other countries besides the USA and UK. My guess is it will be a number one album in many places (this time .. maybe even the states for the first time in a loooooong time. They always seem, to place a verrrrry close second anymore).

If it does.. how does an album that is number one world wide have only a few die hards that actually care?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-07 07:04 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...427428429430431432433434435436437...LastNext
Current Page: 432 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home