Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...423424425426427428429430431432433...LastNext
Current Page: 428 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:09

mick was refreshing the page frantically to see if he can get some news on the new album in the end

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:13

Maybe he had seen the video clip of Charlie wondering what happened to the album and wanted to do his old pal a service?

Date: January 26, 2020 21:14

BTW, anyone took a screenshot of exactly 1,000,000 views? Please post!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2020 21:25

From the Google-Cache (27-Jan-2020, 08:21 UTC, 1,001,030 views):

[Webcache.Googleusercontent.com]

From the Google-Cache (26-Jan-2020, 09:52 UTC, 992,142 views):

From the Google-Cache (25-Jan-2020, 01:50 UTC, 988,300 views):

There were 949,437 views on 3-Jan-2020, 01:04 UTC - [Web.Archive.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 12:40 by Irix.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 26, 2020 22:16

Irix
colonial
bye bye johnny

990K less than 24 hours ago. Hmmm.

yea something funny was going on there I was sitting back watching the views go from 0 - 1,000 in something like 10 minutes... yea

On 25-Jan-2020, 01:50 UTC there were 998,300 views of this thread - so someone obviously started a script which called this thread umpteen times within some minutes. It's quite easy ....

Irix...Looking more like a 1,000,000 view conspiracy...smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 26, 2020 22:17

Appears like my remembering something like 2000 views short in the morning was not accurate. Still I'm sure the 990,000 was already passed. At any rate, passing the 1,000,000 views already today came as a bit of a surprise to me.

But who knows? Maybe this was what all IORRians out there were really interested in and checked back on the thread like crazy? smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 26, 2020 22:57

colonial
… Looking more like a 1,000,000 view conspiracy...smoking smiley

It's only fair! Deadheads have their Cornell/Barton Hall Conspiracy theories for decades now, and finally the Stones fans have their very own New Album Thread Conspiracy! Was it Francis25 who started the thread and never officially revisited it but secretly spent the past three years boosting the views number? Was it the CIA experimenting with dedicated IORRians' minds? Does this thread exist at all or are the PTB playing arcane tricks on us while overtaking the world? - Food for thought ... grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 27, 2020 19:55

colonial

1,000,000 Views - Unprecedented

Next goal:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: January 27, 2020 23:51

10 million views might be equivalent with a VERY long wait for the album ...

Otherwise, view-wise this thread is still going strong (~1,001,600 right now) - remember that the cool million was only yesterday.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 28, 2020 01:04

Francis25
Original title of this thread:

Another album in 2017 ?

Hi all !
There was talk of another album of original songs being published in 2017. Is there any credible news?

IORR Editor update Oct-2018:
The new album have taken some time, but they aim at finishing it hopefully for the upcoming Nort America tour 2019.

IORR Editor update Mar-2019:
Keith Richards in MOJO magazine April edition interview:
"We're in the studio in a couple of weeks, the whole kit and caboodle. The Stones with Don Was producing, in LA. We'll have it done this year, at some point."

So we've been teased and tormented by this "new album" for over three years. New Stones album for 2017....2018...2019.......and now 2020.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2020 01:38

"Teased and Tormented"...might be a good title for one of the new Stones tunes, or at least a lyric.

I can hear it now:

"I been teased and tormented for weeks on end, come on baby won't you be my friend..." - Cue dynamite riff #1.

Date: January 28, 2020 05:18

You should immediately submit the line to Mick, maybe it helps! (And it looks like they need all the help they can get.)

Since all the years combine and melt into a dream (OK, not the Stones but still a good line) I'm not even sure if I didn't hear the first rumours about a new album already in 2015 ... ?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 28, 2020 10:20

Irix
colonial

Next goal:

[www.YouTube.com]

Doesn't mean that a lot of people are interested ...

..just that a few people are obsessed grinning smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 28, 2020 10:55

doitywoik
10 million views might be equivalent with a VERY long wait for the album ...

You call THIS wait to date short? Hahaha

Rod

Date: January 28, 2020 12:14

colonial

IOOOOOORR View Club smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 28, 2020 18:54

We can just start.... clicking on the message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 18:54 by mtaylor.

Date: January 28, 2020 20:07

colonial
colonial

This might call for some limited custom t-shirts - in bold print at the top - I000000RR VIEW CLUB

Below that a classic tongue logo made up of jig saw puzzle pieces, with over 100 pieces missing, and overlaid on a brick wall of course!

In smaller print at bottom - Over 400 pages and counting - still no new album...

And just below that in even smaller print - Established 2016.

Date: January 28, 2020 20:40

Hairball
colonial
colonial

This might call for some limited custom t-shirts - in bold print at the top - I000000RR VIEW CLUB

Below that a classic tongue logo made up of jig saw puzzle pieces, with over 100 pieces missing, and overlaid on a brick wall of course!

In smaller print at bottom - Over 400 pages and counting - still no new album...

This is all ya need with a Stones tongue logo (and a brick wall maybe) keep it simple no need for all that over stuff
IOOOOOORR VIEW CLUB

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 28, 2020 20:57

OK colonial that would work - sort of an inside joke, and the jokes on us!smiling smiley

Got to roll me (Keep on viewing).........

thumbs up

Date: January 28, 2020 21:15

colonial
Hairball
colonial
colonial

This is all ya need with a Stones tongue logo (and a brick wall maybe) keep it simple no need for all that over stuff
IOOOOOORR VIEW CLUB

1,000,000 Limited custom T-Shirts

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: January 28, 2020 21:29

colonial
1,000,000 Limited custom T-Shirts

I'd say, only give them to people who have viewed the thread minimally a 1000 times winking smiley

Date: January 30, 2020 06:21

Here's a new take on news re. the work-in-progress. Haven't seen this version here yet (at least, the "as many as eight songs having been put to tape" part seems new to me). Beware: If I get it right, however, it's meant to be a satire … (and a poor attempt at that, complete with a disclaimer dated today):

Have the Rolling Stones been working on a new album? While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.

UPDATE 30/01/2020 : This story seems to be false. (read more)

According to a source, rumors of the Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood and Darryl Jones, ed) working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said. “I think it would be the best tribute ever to Brian Jones.”

World Tour To Follow New Album?

The Rolling Stones are rumoured to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2021. When contacted, a representative had no information on a new album, or any of the rock band’s future plans. This isn’t the first time in recent memory reports have surfaced about the Rolling Stones recording sessions. Fans will be anxiously awaiting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 06:22 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 09:27

doitywoik
Here's a new take on news re. the work-in-progress. Haven't seen this version here yet (at least, the "as many as eight songs having been put to tape" part seems new to me). Beware: If I get it right, however, it's meant to be a satire … (and a poor attempt at that, complete with a disclaimer dated today):

Have the Rolling Stones been working on a new album? While representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.

According to a source, rumors of the Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood and Darryl Jones, ed) working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said. “I think it would be the best tribute ever to Brian Jones.”

The Rolling Stones are rumoured to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2021. When contacted, a representative had no information on a new album, or any of the rock band’s future plans. This isn’t the first time in recent memory reports have surfaced about the Rolling Stones recording sessions. Fans will be anxiously awaiting...

eye rolling smileyDarryl’s not a Rolling Stone for a start....

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 30, 2020 10:16

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are on the next album?

Kool!

jb

Date: January 30, 2020 11:37

As I said above, I don't think this is totally real news, click on the "read more" link on that page and they say it's satirical. (I just don't really get the joke.) So, some parts are obviously cobbled together from recent interviews, and some parts are likely made up.

On some other page I recently read, "... Ron Wood, bassist for the Rolling Stones ...". That's more of a satire although the writer possibly wasn't even aware of it. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-30 11:54 by doitywoik.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 30, 2020 14:50

doitywoik
...and some parts are likely made up.

Likely? You reckon??? Duh

Rod

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 30, 2020 15:30

doitywoik

A bullshit website. Their stock in trade is reporting celebrity deaths, with a subsequent followup saying the story appears to be false.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 30, 2020 17:09

doitywoik

It's just a rehash from a 2015 'story': [iorr.org]

Date: January 30, 2020 23:17

It is cobbled together from different years. The "early stages" was Keith last year at some point (if memory serves), the back to the roots is B&L, I guess. Brian, Bill and Darryl are possibly part of the "irony" referred to here.
What looks definitely made up to me (as opposed to taken from somewhere) is the "eight songs put to tape" (I can't remember any such mention anywhere), and the rumours of a "worldwide tour at the end of 2021" also looks like a home-made rumour.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 30, 2020 23:32

It's not cobbled together from anything. It's the exact same bullshit clickbait posted in 2015 with a new date on it.

Don't believe it? Click on the link in Cristiano's post.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...423424425426427428429430431432433...LastNext
Current Page: 428 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home