Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...420421422423424425426427428429430...LastNext
Current Page: 425 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 22, 2020 10:34

doitywoik
Thanks, KRiffhard! I have the Undercover sessions somewhere. In principle I should also have the other two tunes somewhere in a ton of demos/outtakes but it's so damn long I listened to them. They rest peacefully on a hard disc somewhere ...

Good stuff from that sessions!!!!
"Chainsaw Rocker" is another good outtake on which they could have worked on
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 10:36 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 14:41

Hairball

As was mentioned over four years ago (maybe more), if and when a new album surfaces we'll surely have reason to rejoice and/or be relieved.

On the contrary, I think most of us will be dead

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 00:46 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 22, 2020 19:57

Over the past few hundred pages we have seen all kinds oppinions as to what each of us would prefer or disprefer for the album/songs to be like, modernist, bluesy, classic Stones, anything as long as a song is good, etc.

So it doesn't take supernatural powers to predict that whatever the album will be like, there will be lots or arguing and bitching about it. winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 22, 2020 20:43

It will be funny to know which person here makes this thread go pass 1.000.000 views.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 22, 2020 21:08

Hairball
Haha - good to see you again Ian. smiling smiley

As was mentioned over four years ago (maybe more), if and when a new album surfaces we'll surely have reason to rejoice and/or be relieved.
15 years and counting...eye rolling smiley...and similar to the new album, this thread is going nowhere fast. Before you know it 500 pages and a million views, and with any luck a new album!

Yepp ... a new album .. some luck and 500 pages.. or maybe 5,000 ...in 2030-2035 we will have it Ha

Date: January 22, 2020 21:30

mtaylor
It will be funny to know which person here makes this thread go pass 1.000.000 views.

I guess this will be hard to find out.

Date: January 22, 2020 22:43

mtaylor

If the viewing rate keeps constant, 1000000 should be reached somewhen next week, or the week after at the very latest. I doubt the album will be here before that.

Next milestone is: will we make 13000 posts? Presently we've got 12726, so 13000 doesn't seem unrealistic but will take longer than 1000000 views.

And after that: will we make it to page 500? If the Stones keep on being as active in doing the mew album as they were in the past 4-5 years, even this seems manageable.

To speed up (our) procedures, it might be helpful to convince hairball and Ian to resume their discussions that somehow came to a halt a while ago. grinning smiley You guys in? winking smiley

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: January 22, 2020 23:33

I have not got time to read the last 425 pages !!!

I hear there's a new album on the way ?

Is this the same one that The Stones were making in about 2015/6 or did they finish that one, put it in a cupboard and start making another better album ?

Whatever is going on time is definitely not on their side.

They should not let the best be the enemy of the good.

If they haven't got an album finished in all these years then it is because they are no longer able to create and now they will never get that creative spark back.

If they have got an album finished then I say " release it now".
Linking an album to a tour, for the Stones, is meaningless. People will go to their concerts regardless of an album release and people will buy their album regardless of whether or not they are touring.

Or have they got say 60 new finished tracks and are working on stockpiling for a cash-in in the years after the band closes down ?

It doesn't matter........I would have paid a lot of money for the ABKCO Preservation released tracks as an official release.....but I no longer have any desire left to hear any album of new songs which are trying to "stay relevant" or "appeal to a new younger audience". That time has really gone for the band. IMHO.

Date: January 22, 2020 23:46

Kingbeebuzz
I have not got time to read the last 425 pages !!!

I hear there's a new album on the way ?

Is this the same one that The Stones were making in about 2015/6 or did they finish that one, put it in a cupboard and start making another better album ?

To sum up the last 425 pages: the new album isn't yet there.

Whether it's the same they initially started out with, or partly the same, or something completely new is anybody's guess. Reported/assumed numbers of tracks and their state (sketch, demo, near-finished etc.) vary wildly, 20, 30, 50, again anybody's guess. But the Stones say every once in a while they are working on it.

In the meanwhile we're having fun on our own ... winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 23, 2020 00:47

Here's the current state of the new album - if you study very closely you can barely make out bits of three dynamite riffs, snippets of 40 demos...and even a pieces of a giant wall!

Date: January 23, 2020 02:13

Yep, that appears pretty accurate!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 23, 2020 02:28

Kingbeebuzz
Linking an album to a tour, for the Stones, is meaningless. People will go to their concerts regardless of an album release and people will buy their album regardless of whether or not they are touring.

That is true - and more true than perhaps a lot of people realize. That era is done.

Of course, an artist/band could do that because they want to. But in regard with these legacy acts, nostalgia monsters, greatest hits only acts, the relevancy of that with them is moot regarding their touring.

Jimmy Buffett just recorded a new LP. He hasn't had one since 2013. He's been busy doing some other things other than touring but obviously he wanted to do a new record.

Pearl Jam has a new LP coming out. DBT has one coming out. Jason Isbell just finished a new record.

The only excuse the Stones could have, other than "it has to be really good", is they haven't felt like it. Which they pretty much admitted a few years ago.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 23, 2020 02:40

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-03 02:52 by colonial.

Date: January 23, 2020 06:14

I dunno, there are still further goals to achieve in this thread than merely hitting 1000000 views.

Unprecedented perhaps not only the number of views but also the number of pages and of posts.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 23, 2020 06:29

Who would believe we'd get an album indeed when the days get shorter and the nights get long

Date: January 23, 2020 07:23

Meanwhile the nights get shorter and the days get longer again - means chances are better now?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 23, 2020 07:26

You know the day destroys the night
Night divides the day....

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 23, 2020 07:34

You're not setting up another wall metaphor, are you?

Date: January 23, 2020 07:39

Just breaking on through to the other side didn't really work out with that brick wall back then ... since time waits for noone and won't wait for them, and then she's hot anyway, so let's see ....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 23, 2020 10:35

colonial
I was thinking to celebrate when this thread gets to 1,000,000 with a new thread any suggestions on a cool title thought this one would be quite cool a

1,000,000 Viewed Thread By Rolling Stones Fans - Unprecedented

...you should add: "..and no new album".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 10:35 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 23, 2020 12:21

Hairball
Here's the current state of the new album - if you study very closely you can barely make out bits of three dynamite riffs, snippets of 40 demos...and even a pieces of a giant wall!

The new album is in fact 12 different arrangements of Jigsaw Puzzle.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2020 13:39

Nikkei
You're not setting up another wall metaphor, are you?

In lieu of actual news or even rumors, I now look forward to how Hairball will work in a reference each day. Adapt and adjust.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:47

Stop it. No news no intetest

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 23, 2020 18:01

Stop it? You mean help stop your compulsion to view the thread? If there's real news, it will be on the IORR news page and this thread will explode with activity. As it is, it's just friends talking. No need to break up the party.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 23, 2020 18:29

doitywoik
mtaylor

If the viewing rate keeps constant, 1000000 should be reached somewhen next week, or the week after at the very latest. I doubt the album will be here before that.

Next milestone is: will we make 13000 posts? Presently we've got 12726, so 13000 doesn't seem unrealistic but will take longer than 1000000 views.

And after that: will we make it to page 500? If the Stones keep on being as active in doing the mew album as they were in the past 4-5 years, even this seems manageable.

To speed up (our) procedures, it might be helpful to convince hairball and Ian to resume their discussions that somehow came to a halt a while ago. grinning smiley You guys in? winking smiley

Can be BV closes it before and makes a new one... right on 999.999 smileys with beer

Else, when we are on 999.995 hurry up to look at it 5 times and you are the one

Date: January 23, 2020 19:49

Ah, why not do it like the Stones w.r.t. their carreer and see how far we can take the thread? cool smiley

People who don't like the fact that this is such a long-running thread might want to complain to the Stones to finally release the damn thing so that this thread can fizzle out peacefully ... (gracefully anyway) winking smiley

Personally I'm not interested in being the 1000000th viewer, although I will try to take a screenshot when the day comes ... grinning smiley

If the thread is stopped we would miss all the cool things that Hairball is still to come up with along with Ian's optimism.

Let's be honest, wouldn't life be plain dull?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-23 19:56 by doitywoik.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 01:25

425...& Countingsmoking smileydrinking smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 24, 2020 04:07

When the day arrives we get a new album, we can always go on asking for the next album, so this thread wil stay alive and urgent...grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 24, 2020 05:23

40 years ago this June this new single and LP was released. Chicks dug it, guys hated it: change can be hard for those that are rigid.

Great tune, awesome LP.

The window for an expanded deluxe reissue looms for their longest charting number one album. Excuses for why they won't

- it's not SOME GIRLS (even though that expanded deluxe reissue included ER tracks)
- it would interrupt a TATTOO YOU expanded deluxe reissue

Date: January 24, 2020 05:23

GJV
When the day arrives we get a new album, we can always go on asking for the next album, so this thread wil stay alive and urgent...grinning smiley

Exactly! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-24 05:35 by doitywoik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...420421422423424425426427428429430...LastNext
Current Page: 425 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home