Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...414415416417418419420421422423424...LastNext
Current Page: 419 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: blivet ()
Date: January 7, 2020 19:04

bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet
Even though Mick has stated that this will be the last new Stones release, there's always another kind of TATTOO YOU with the leftovers.

Others have asked previously, and will ask again here. Where and when did Mick state that? Source/link please.

"“We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job."

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:06

blivet
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet
Even though Mick has stated that this will be the last new Stones release, there's always another kind of TATTOO YOU with the leftovers.

Others have asked previously, and will ask again here. Where and when did Mick state that? Source/link please.

"“We don’t know what will happen after the tour, we’re trying to finish the new album, maybe we’ll make it and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones, so we’re trying to do a good job."

[www.videomuzic.eu]

He did sort of mention something along those lines .. he's right.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:14

This is the most confused statement regarding the album "maybe we'll make it" seriously?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:26

Yes, they were aiming to finish the album in 2019 so he said last July, "we're trying to finish the album after the tour, maybe we'll make it."

If anything it speaks to the frustration of the drawn-out recording process. Mick's preferred method of recording for the past twenty years has been quick and easy demos with lots of programming that are easy for the others to add their parts to complete. Instead of three days in the studio and we have two new singles, it's been a long process of what Ronnie called "Mick and Keith getting their Jagger-Richards chemistry together." Keith referred to the process as "carpentry class" and said it was "more about listening than writing" and called it "very boring."

While it's easy to read too much into statements (and "Hit the Wall" repeatedly each day for four years), it sounds like exactly what was rumored. Keith has been putting his imprint on Mick's songs, changing arrangements so that Jagger/Clifford demos become Jagger/Richards and not just "sprinkling fairy dust" as he said of his contribtuions to "Don't Stop."

That long process is what Pete Townshend said Mick has been frustrated with. Perhaps in Mick's view the difference is negligible.

Now all this speculation aside, I'm sure I'll regret sharing my thoughts by the time it's picked up elsewhere or I get snide remarks about fake news, unreliable b.s., etc.

I keep promising the wife I'll give up IORR for good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2020 20:27

Maybe We'll Make It....could be a song title...an aching country love song/ballad ...could even be a duet...along the lines of an old school George Jones/Tammy Wynette tune.
Either Mick or Keith singing the lead in a country drawl...maybe with Alison Kraus accompanying...with some Ronnie pedal steel....I can hear it now....Maybe we'll make it?....

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 7, 2020 21:01

Bashlets
When was the last time besides quick reply things has Jagger sat down for a full blown interview? He hasn’t for years despite all the tours, Blue and Lonesome press. All very superficial in last 10 years. He doesn’t want questions about his newest kid, Melanie, or L’wrenn

That's the reason why we know so little about the Stones this days, Mick has an all time low profile, no TV, no interviews anywere, only an instagram photo every 3 months and that's it.

They never had such low profile in 55+ years, even with all the new media around, internet, twitter... we knew more about them 30-40 years ago with 5 TV stations, 3 magazines and no internet than now.

Date: January 7, 2020 21:12

Rocky Dijon
That long process is what Pete Townshend said Mick has been frustrated with.

"But they (Stones) also don’t seem to see much sign of creative development. I’m also very friendly with Mick (Jagger),
and I know he’s frustrated about the fact that it seems very difficult for them to come up with new material". - PT

Since we're speculating, could be a number of reasons for Mick's frustration as PT gives no specifics - maybe he was referring specifically to when the Stones hit the wall prior to Blue and Lonesome.
Whatever the case, seems clear they haven't seen much creative development (last originals were two tunes eight years ago), and Mick is frustrated (releasing Getta Grip/England Lost sans Keith who said "not Stones material")
Speaking of Keith, clearly has his own frustrations with the process (again see Getta Grip/England Lost). As MelBelli stated: "Keith is the stumbling block. I mean that in a good, “quality control” sort of way. .."
Keith having to deal with sorting through loads of Mick's material that he deems unworthy for a Stones album surely must get frustrating, but in the end he's doing what's best for the Stones and the fans.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 7, 2020 21:50

Keith said something very telling during Crosseyed Heart promos — to the effect that the solo album gave him “leverage” with Stones as they considered a new album of their own.

What exactly did he mean by “leverage”?

Most likely: Mick, I can still bring quality product to the table, over time. Subsequently, Mick himself appears at Germano with Keith and Steve Jordan. Mission accomplished?

Hopefully we all find out, soon enough.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:27

"Maybe We'll Make It....could be a song title . . . ."

It would be absolutely perfect if the lead single from the album is named "Hit the Wall."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:29

bam

It would be absolutely perfect if the lead single from the album is named "Hit the Wall."

Don't forget "Early Stages"!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2020 22:49

blivet
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Ah, that "interview". I'll stick with my original assessment.

[iorr.org]

Date: January 7, 2020 22:53

bam

"Make it", as in finishing it in 2019...

They didn't make that smiling smiley

Date: January 8, 2020 00:52

KRiffhard
bam

Along with:

Uneven
Working On It
Jig Saw Puzzle (pt. II)

Almost have a complete album with these titles. smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2020 01:40

Rocky Dijon
GasLightStreet

With Google Chrome you can get uBlacklist. It's an extension and it is used to block sites.

For FireFox look up BlockSite - an extension for FireFox.

Thank you most sincerely, sir.

I have sent them nasty emails. They make The Enquirer look honest. I've been attempting to block them for MONTHS... but always on my phone. Never thought about it on a laptop. So... seeing what you said made me look while on the laptop and ABIGGERBANG - a way to avoid seeing that bullshit. And since you share my extreme severe distaste for that trash heap, well, it would be inhumane to not share about how to keep it out.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 8, 2020 12:17

Hairball
KRiffhard
bam

Along with:

Uneven
Working On It
Jig Saw Puzzle (pt. II)

1. Maybe we'll make It
2. Working on It
3. Puzzle
4. Uneven stuff
5. Early stages
6. Where's the album? (inspiration by C. Watts)
7. Sometime next year
8. 40 Demos (30 basic tracks)
9. Frustration
10. Hit the wall

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 8, 2020 13:25

DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
DandelionPowderman

He just recorded in the studio with Ronnie, according to georgelicks..

Maybe Ronnie doesn't need endless jamming to produce a useful take? winking smiley

True. Then again, he won't have to worry about writing the actual songs winking smiley

You're right of course (though, Ronie may well worry about the writing, it just won't help ...) winking smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 8, 2020 13:33

why don't we just stop talking about a new album – maybe for one or two month?

Date: January 8, 2020 13:35

slewan

As a boycott, that may signal to the boys that they should work faster? winking smiley

Date: January 8, 2020 13:37

DandelionPowderman
slewan

As a boycott, that may signal to the boys that they should work faster? winking smiley

Oh yeah, just figure the headlines: "IORRians boycotting new album thread! How will the Stones react?" grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 8, 2020 13:37

Nah,
they'll think we've forgotten... and cancel the whole thing grinning smiley

Date: January 8, 2020 14:23

blivet
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Yes, I remember that now! Must have been a while (i.e. several thousand posts) back, though. Sounds to me like Mick hoped to get done with the album still in 2019, after the tour. Yep, does sound a little frustrated that it takes so long. Judging from what interviews in the aftermath of previous albums I remember, where they often (always?) said the actual recordings happened in a very short time, it wouldn't come as a surprise. Mick does not appear to be someone who likes to waste time. Like, I seem to recall that at least after SW and ABB they said that the albums were recorded in about two weeks only.

Mick's remark "and I think it will definitely be the last of the Stones" does come as puzzling to me, maybe (hopefully just?) another sign of frustration (and hopefully overcome). Let's not forget that last year (or was ist 2018?) Mick also said that he thinks the Stones have released too little new music in recent times.

Rocky Dijon
I keep promising the wife I'll give up IORR for good.

I hope your wife will forgive you if you keep promising this still for a little longer ... winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 8, 2020 14:34

Mick always has to be doing stuff, or planning the next stuff in his life...

and when Stones activities don't fit neatly into his little windows he gets frustrated and fed up.

...and Keith just thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants when he feels like it.

Never a recipe for harmony grinning smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 8, 2020 16:03

Spud
Mick always has to be doing stuff, or planning the next stuff in his life...

and when Stones activities don't fit neatly into his little windows he gets frustrated and fed up.

...and Keith just thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants when he feels like it.

Never a recipe for harmony grinning smiley

Yeah. It's a Bitch trying to get old musicians together in a studio and spend some open ended time. They always have to be somewhere else like their grandkid's birthday party or take their cat to the vet.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: January 8, 2020 16:04

Hairball
Maybe We'll Make It....could be a song title...an aching country love song/ballad ...could even be a duet...along the lines of an old school George Jones/Tammy Wynette tune.
Either Mick or Keith singing the lead in a country drawl...maybe with Alison Kraus accompanying...with some Ronnie pedal steel....I can hear it now....Maybe we'll make it?....

I like it! I vote for you for producer.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 8, 2020 16:07

bye bye johnny
blivet
bye bye johnny
GasLightStreet

[www.videomuzic.eu]

Ah, that "interview". I'll stick with my original assessment.

[iorr.org]

Well... do you have reason to think, or I'll even go as low to say believe, that they will continue to record and release new albums when they can't even complete anything except blues tracks, which they've always done anyway?

If they release this supposed new album it certainly appears that it will be the last one - they're almost 80.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 8, 2020 17:02

Not a matter of who believes what. Point is, did Mick say that?

Don't think so.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 8, 2020 17:49

Well, even RS does NOT believe there will be a new Stones album in 2020...unless they consider it's not part of the "70 Most Anticipated Albums of 2020" ! Judging by what they dug out for that list that would be worrying ;-)

[www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 8, 2020 18:33

KRiffhard
Hairball
KRiffhard
bam

Along with:

Uneven
Working On It
Jig Saw Puzzle (pt. II)

1. Maybe we'll make It
2. Working on It
3. Puzzle
4. Uneven stuff
5. Early stages
6. Where's the album? (inspiration by C. Watts)
7. Sometime next year
8. 40 Demos (30 basic tracks)
9. Frustration
10. Hit the wall

smiling smiley

Where's the album? - Includes Charlie's first drum solo which will be 20 minutes long and a highlight due to Puzzle, Hit the Wall, Early stages, Maybe We'll Make it, Frustration, etc. all being uneven stuff. lol

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 8, 2020 20:25

gotdablouse
Well, even RS does NOT believe there will be a new Stones album in 2020...unless they consider it's not part of the "70 Most Anticipated Albums of 2020" ! Judging by what they dug out for that list that would be worrying ;-)

[www.rollingstone.com]

Stones were on this list recently. 2018, perhaps? Wouldn’t worry too much about this either way.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: January 8, 2020 20:27

new album lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...414415416417418419420421422423424...LastNext
Current Page: 419 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home