Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...412413414415416417418419420421422...LastNext
Current Page: 417 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 3, 2020 20:21

What a shame they lack the courage to post it in its entirety.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 4, 2020 04:16

Hairball
MelBelli

Keith is the stumbling block. I mean that in a good, “quality control” sort of way. ... If there was another session in December, it was held pretty tightly. The first circle out from Core Four+Was (and perhaps Clifford) did not participate.

Good for Keith and lucky for us (or most of us who want quality over quantity).

The Core Four + Don Was....could be back to the drawing board, or possibly another covers album. If there was a session at all that is.

My friend .. my mate .. my butha... there is <no album of covers>. Get it out of your head .. That was never the option or case and if they went into the studio
it was to work on the new stuff .. (you keep this false hope thing up for some second addition to Blue & Lonesome or some others covers thing and bruh .. it's not happening. I have been trying to tell you this all along but I figure I have to be blunt now as a good friend and just level with you .. because you are going to be surely brokenhearted and it would be a 'certain' let down you coming your way you see.

>>There is no covers album to come next up<<. There never was a plan for that.. and it is not in the cards at all this time. It's not an option .. it never was an option this release .. and it's not going to happen. Perhaps down the road or after this release that will come up as an option or who knows .. (but I still sort of doubt that ..) whatever the case it is not happening now. A new studio album of original material is the thing ..and 'only' thing they plan on now. There are no other options they are considering or plan on.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-04 04:22 by IanBillen.

Date: January 4, 2020 05:07

Ian, if I actually sent Christmas cards to people, you'd be back on the list.

Date: January 4, 2020 07:35

Rocky Dijon
Ian, if I actually sent Christmas cards to people, you'd be back on the list.

Thanks Mr. Rocky.

I feel like the kid in high-school who is friends with a dude. The girl he likes won't return his calls/txts .. never has time to do anything with him ... doesn't pay him any attention when he sees her .. and now she starts dating the captain of the football team.

Yet he still wants to go full throttle on her 24/7 ...

It's like "bruh shes not going to Homecoming with you my good friend .. I kina / sorta think she just wants to do other things at the moment. Hang back .. wait until shes single .. play it cool ...have a game plan and see what happens ..but right now .. you and her are not going to be going .. so don't get so crazy on this right now ... wait till next time".

I have to tell Mr. Hairball (one of our heros) .. that Bro ... there is no album of covers .. that's not going to happen this time out. They are not open to that idea right now and I can almost guarantee it's the farthest thing from their minds for this next release. They are working on another project all together that plan on releasing (a new studio album of original stuff). Doesn't matter if they hit another wall or record a few more covers while they are in there for the hell of it .. they are not going to put out another covers album this time (perhaps down the road they will consider it again but not now .. kina Jusss like the cheerleader chick who goes out with captain of the football team at the moment).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-04 07:42 by IanBillen.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 4, 2020 09:07

Ian, did you ever see that remake of the movie “ The Jackel” with Bruce Willis ?

The modern day Stones trying to make a studio album would be the Jack Black character.
Yeah, we’ve got it sighted in, looks good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 4, 2020 09:24

Ian Billen
A new studio album of original material is the thing ..and 'only' thing they plan on now.

Now? Like right now?! Or like 2016 when they started the supposed new album? Pre-wall now? Or post- wall now? Today, tomorrow, or next week now? Or 2022 for the 60th anniversary?
I don't know..seems the only thing they have plans for now is the upcoming tour - the new album is in limbo and has been for years NOW.

But speaking of NOW, the Rolling Stones NOW! album was fantastic, and when you consider a majority of it is covers, maybe that's what they should do for the new album.
Three originals, and the rest covers...a nice compromise. Since they can't get their shit together regarding original tunes (multiple remixes of various songs, uneven, etc.), that might be the way to go.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 4, 2020 09:36

"15 years since ABB","Frustration", "Hit the wall", "Early stages", "Puzzle"...eye rolling smiley
Sometimes i wonder how hard it is to record a dozen new songs.

Date: January 4, 2020 09:58

Hairball
Ian Billen
A new studio album of original material is the thing ..and 'only' thing they plan on now.

Now? Like right now?! Or like 2016 when they started the supposed new album? Pre-wall now? Or post- wall now? Today, tomorrow, or next week now? Or 2022 for the 60th anniversary?
I don't know..seems the only thing they have plans for now is the upcoming tour - the new album is in limbo and has been for years NOW.

But speaking of NOW, the Rolling Stones NOW! album was fantastic, and when you consider a majority of it is covers, maybe that's what they should do for the new album.
Three originals, and the rest covers...a nice compromise. Since they can't get their shit together regarding original tunes (multiple remixes of various songs, uneven, etc.), that might be the way to go.

You're responses are golden my friend (and they do carry good points). I actually and truly mean 'now' as in ... u know ...'next up' .. when that comes is another story all together.

I prefer 'Decembers Children' (and everybody's) .. >> had some good covers on that as well.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 4, 2020 12:31

KRiffhard
"15 years since ABB","Frustration", "Hit the wall", "Early stages", "Puzzle"...eye rolling smiley
Sometimes i wonder how hard it is to record a dozen new songs.

It's really Hilarious...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 4, 2020 16:34

Mick said this new LP will be their last. BILLBOARD said A BIGGER BANG was most likely the last.

BLUE AND LONESOME obviously threw a kink into that - but the amount of time that went by certainly seemed to warrant that ABB was the last LP.

So now BAL is the last LP.

Will be interesting if it remains that way and that they truly end their recording career with a blues cover album.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: January 4, 2020 18:27

hey they started out playing the blues so if history dictates ending with BAL then so be it

Date: January 4, 2020 19:48

GasLightStreet
Mick said this new LP will be their last. BILLBOARD said A BIGGER BANG was most likely the last.

BLUE AND LONESOME obviously threw a kink into that - but the amount of time that went by certainly seemed to warrant that ABB was the last LP.

So now BAL is the last LP.

Will be interesting if it remains that way and that they truly end their recording career with a blues cover album.

Mick said this upcoming LP will be their last? When did he say that and where ...

can you share a link or something?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 4, 2020 19:49

GasLightStreet
Mick said this new LP will be their last.

Where/when did he say so?

Date: January 4, 2020 20:04

Maybe the last time, I don't know...........

What a great tune - those were the days. Imagine 14 years worth of work now vs. then.
Two original tunes (between 2006 and 2020) VS. 17 entire studio albums (between 1964 and 1978)....
And to think the Beatles entire recording career was completed in half that ('63-'70).
Yeah I know, it's a different world, times have changed, and these things take time...blah, blah, blah....

Meanwhile, the Stones are on holiday and having family time ...deservedly so....planning for the next tour...
Maybe they could complete a new single for the upcoming tour? Just ONE tune?!!!

Date: January 4, 2020 20:32

Hairball

And I almost thought you finally joined the ranks of the optimists! winking smiley grinning smiley

Hairball
Three originals, and the rest covers...a nice compromise.

Date: January 4, 2020 20:50

Hairball

What a great tune - those were the days. Imagine 14 years worth of work now vs. then.
Two original tunes (between 2006 and 2020) VS. 17 entire studio albums (between 1964 and 1978)....
And to think the Beatles entire recording career was completed in half that ('63-'70).
Yeah I know, it's a different world, times have changed, and these things take time...blah, blah, blah....

Meanwhile, the Stones are on holiday and having family time ...deservedly so....planning for the next tour...

although if you remove the cover tunes on the albums from 1964-1978 and make them all about 60 minutes which is the average length of stones studio album since 1989 those 17 albums quickly become like 9

Date: January 4, 2020 21:01

keefriffhard4life
Hairball

although if you remove the cover tunes on the albums from 1964-1978 and make them all about 60 minutes which is the average length of stones studio album since 1989 those 17 albums quickly become like 9

Yeah OK, you want to split hairs and reconfigure their albums while rewriting history...so then it would be two original tunes VS. 9 entire studio albums.

Date: January 4, 2020 21:07

doitywoik
Hairball

And I almost thought you finally joined the ranks of the optimists! winking smiley grinning smiley

Hairball
Three originals, and the rest covers...a nice compromise.

The "three" was a dream and a wish, while the single is being more of a realistic hope, but not even sure if that's a possibility.
Probably more likely see another Mick solo tune before any new Stones material - I'm sure he has something more to say about Brexit, etc.

Date: January 4, 2020 21:35

I'm sure that once they figure out some fitting pieces in their puzzle (Ian's darts may come in handy here) there might at long last emerge something similar to a song ... LOL

Mick certainly endorses any political movement that would protect their offshore bank accounts ...

Date: January 4, 2020 22:23

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
Hairball

Yeah OK, you want to split hairs and reconfigure their albums while rewriting history...so then it would be two original tunes VS. 9 entire studio albums.

i'm rewriting history. people are talking about creating original tunes and stuff. from 1989-2005 the stones only released 4 albums, plus the 4 tunes on 40 licks plus a few original b-sides. I bet you that totals close to 280 minutes of original music. from 1964-1971 I would imagine the band also released close to 300 minutes of original music .

of course we are talking about since ABB was released and none of what I posted matters but still. I care more about the number of minutes of original music released

Date: January 5, 2020 03:42

keefriffhard4life
of course we are talking about since ABB was released and none of what I posted matters but still.

I agree.

But to be fair, none of what any of us posts in this thread really matters - or most of it anyways. It's a giant void filled mostly with random thoughts, nonsense, and complete BS.
Until a new album is released, this thread is a free-for-all, and the next thing you know the title will be changed again - New Stones album for 2021?
Meanwhile, wondering how the new album is coming along.................grrr....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-05 04:05 by Hairball.

Date: January 5, 2020 10:50

Hairball

Ha! Well What? .. I think their output over the past 15 years is pretty darn impressive. We got two songs ..

Let's not forget .. we also got ... what ... two or three albums in the past 26 years .. this is fantastic! grinning smiley

eye rolling smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 5, 2020 11:12

Hairball
keefriffhard4life
of course we are talking about since ABB was released and none of what I posted matters but still.

I agree.

But to be fair, none of what any of us posts in this thread really matters - or most of it anyways. It's a giant void filled mostly with random thoughts, nonsense, and complete BS.
Until a new album is released, this thread is a free-for-all, and the next thing you know the title will be changed again - New Stones album for 2021?

There’s a famous quote and for the life of me I can’t remember where it came from-“nothing you do is important, but it’s very important that you do it”.

In 2015 I was out , i saw the band for the last time from up front, I had said all I had to say on IORR. It was time.
Then that thing with Mick happened and it changed everything.this isn’t an endless ride we’re on.
One that we get to live in Stonesland forever bitching, discussing,arguing,and joking, we gotta enjoy it while we can.
This is the diehards going until the wheels come off.just like Mick Looks at Keith, Keith looks at Charlie and Charlie looks at Ronnie-you stopping? Not me.
I’m looking at you guys, you stopping?

Date: January 5, 2020 11:31

lem motlow
Hairball
keefriffhard4life

I agree.

There’s a famous quote and for the life of me I can’t remember where it came from-“nothing you do is important, but it’s very important that you do it”.

In 2015 I was out , i saw the band for the last time from up front, I had said all I had to say on IORR. It was time.
Then that thing with Mick happened and it changed everything.this isn’t an endless ride we’re on.
One that we get to live in Stonesland forever bitching, discussing,arguing,and joking, we gotta enjoy it while we can.
This is the diehards going until the wheels come off.just like Mick Looks at Keith, Keith looks at Charlie and Charlie looks at Ronnie-you stopping? Not me.
I’m looking at you guys, you stopping?

I'm with you there lem, and dare I say - "Don't Stop" smiling smiley

IanBillen
Hairball

Ha! Well What? .. I think their output over the past 15 years is pretty darn impressive. We got two songs ..

Let's not forget .. we also got ... what ... two or three albums in the past 26 years .. this is fantastic! grinning smiley

eye rolling smiley smileys with beer

Lol yes very impressive Ian, and that's why we love this band. confused smiley winking smiley

Date: January 5, 2020 11:45

keefriffhard4life
I care more about the number of minutes of original music released

Are there statistics available anywhere how many original songs (and minutes) they released before SW and since (and including) SW? - Too lazy to do it myself ... winking smiley

The low number of albums they released since the CD age is possibly somewhat misleading because every album since SW is three album side's worth and I'm losing track of the singles anyway ... Including the singles thete must be 60+ original (new) songs?

Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 5, 2020 15:06

georgelicks
We'll not hear anything about the new album until next year, the whole band will be on vacations/off time during the next 3 months at least with studio sessions booked in early December.

Any word on the December studio sessions, georgelicks?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 5, 2020 16:34

Rocky Dijon
Unfortunately, my initial SuperHeavy post (with the Mariah Carey remark) was meant to be humorous, if a bit caustic.

I understood where you were coming from - and I thought it was funny, not mean.

It's the Twenty Hundreds - people love to dig for things nowadays and are, at times, supposedly, ultra-sensitive and come off as injured, mentally scarred, insulted, offended.

Those could generally be seen the same as the anti-vaxxers, flat earthers and chemtrailers - they believe their own bullshit but its only supported by a hollow, cardboard tube of an idea that they know is wrong but, hell, anyone can be a I HAVE FACTS (that aren't true but they sound great) bully.

However, in real life, people generally don't talk that way, for various reasons. It come across better in "ink" than it does in voice. Usually because reading something can be interpreted in a plethora of ways - hearing and seeing it, not so much.

Think of what politicians do - and then how they speak: they do awful things but talk as if the love for God, the bloated ridiculous "stand in solidarity with" garbage and "we will fight" and "there will be justice!" and sob sob this and tears tears that is important, all big puffy bullshit based strictly on emotions when the reality is nothing at all like that.

Basically, SuperHeavy is gibberish. It's also not good. Obviously it was only just something for Mick to do because, unlike his first 3 solo albums, it didn't matter at all, it doesn't matter at all, and it never will matter. In fact, with exception to a few people here, I bet no one in the general music public knows what it is because they've never heard it and never will.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 5, 2020 19:52

bye bye johnny
georgelicks
We'll not hear anything about the new album until next year, the whole band will be on vacations/off time during the next 3 months at least with studio sessions booked in early December.

Any word on the December studio sessions, georgelicks?

The sessions were through all the year(s), the last one in November, I've been told, but never with the full band, Keith did some work on his own in LA and Mick/Ronnie some work in London too, Charlie's parts are already done for a while now.

There are enough songs to fill 2 or 3 albums of new material, more than 30 basic tracks are in the can, but it looks like they only want 10 good ones, a 35-40 minutes solid short album.

Of course, they can release 5 different versions of the album with different bonus tracks on each ones, so the die hards would have to buy the same album 5 times to get all the songs, but the basic 10 songs album is the main goal and they want that to be a very strong one.

The chances for the new album released this year is BIG, according to sources in Universal,

When? Well, if they bundle the album with the upcoming US tour the sales will be good there, over 500k with album/tickets/merch combos, but not so good in the rest of the world, sales are very poor in June/July.

A late 2020 release makes more sense, sales in November/December are much bigger but the impact without a tour in suport is limited (see the Who's latest album, it went 2-90-194 in the US chart) so all the options are open to discussion.

Date: January 5, 2020 20:14

doitywoik
keefriffhard4life
I care more about the number of minutes of original music released

Are there statistics available anywhere how many original songs (and minutes) they released before SW and since (and including) SW? - Too lazy to do it myself ... winking smiley

The low number of albums they released since the CD age is possibly somewhat misleading because every album since SW is three album side's worth and I'm losing track of the singles anyway ... Including the singles thete must be 60+ original (new) songs?

i might do it some day and see what the numbers i get our. are we going to count the studio stuff on the recent deluxe releases ?

Date: January 5, 2020 20:50

georgelicks
The sessions were through all the year(s), the last one in November, I've been told, but never with the full band, Keith did some work on his own in LA and Mick/Ronnie some work in London too, Charlie's parts are already done for a while now.

There are enough songs to fill 2 or 3 albums of new material, more than 30 basic tracks are in the can, but it looks like they only want 10 good ones, a 35-40 minutes solid short album.

Of course, they can release 5 different versions of the album with different bonus tracks on each ones, so the die hards would have to buy the same album 5 times to get all the songs, but the basic 10 songs album is the main goal and they want that to be a very strong one.

The chances for the new album released this year is BIG, according to sources in Universal,

When? Well, if they bundle the album with the upcoming US tour the sales will be good there, over 500k with album/tickets/merch combos, but not so good in the rest of the world, sales are very poor in June/July.

A late 2020 release makes more sense, sales in November/December are much bigger but the impact without a tour in suport is limited (see the Who's latest album, it went 2-90-194 in the US chart) so all the options are open to discussion.

Nice to hear the November rumors were true. It also explains why the rumor we discussed was Los Angeles in mid-November when Mick, Ronnie, and Don Was were in London.

It will be interesting if it's likewise true they're planning on several more releases over the next few years drawn from these sessions. I'll also be interested to know if the very elaborate story of "Sick of Myself" is real or not since it was so very detailed in the alleged track's history from 1989 to 1991 to 1999 to the last few years.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...412413414415416417418419420421422...LastNext
Current Page: 417 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home