Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...408409410411412413414415416417418...LastNext
Current Page: 413 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 24, 2019 05:38

Shott
I would be all prepared to dismiss the potential if Crosseyed Heart was not so great. Maybe there is something left.

True. It only took... 4 years?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 24, 2019 08:04

GasLightStreet
IanBillen
Hairball
Ian Billen
The album has many / several recording segments .. ranging from three days to two weeks at a time. Some were only two or three days .. some were ten days .. some a couple weeks.
However ...This album has not had long extended studio runs where the band is working on an album for a couple months at a time (... those days are far gone)

And regarding these "recording segments", some were probably only a couple of hours per day. Some of them three hours, and others maybe five or six at the most.
The days of putting in a proper full day of work, let alone back to back or consecutive full days of work are far gone. They have a busy social life and attend parties, museums, friends, etc.

doitywoik
which were the sessions that Charlie talked about in this Charlie and Ronnie interview where he wondered what happened to the new album? I think he talked about three blocks of extended sessions (before 2019)?

That was way back in 1792...(jk)...it was in 2017. He mentions a pre-wall session, and then "another, and another...", and then says to Ronnie "where's the new album"?
Ronnie looks puzzled and caught off guard, and changes the subject to the Grammy they just won.

They did a session before December of 2015 on the new album too. Charlie specifically says so ...

Then he goes on to say in reference to the new album 'we've done so many bloody sessions Lol .. I dunno ...where is the new album?'(that interview was almost two years ago now ..and he mentions they did three or four separate sets of sessions almost two years ago). The Stones have been in the studio since then as a group and separately working on it since then as well.

They have done much work on the album it has been reported. Chuck Levell reported they did lots of work on it..but lots still needs done a year and a half ago ...

We know of at the very least five times The Stones all were in the studio together .. (this is what we know of now .. a good while down the road after the album is released we will know the full story on the recording sessions).

I am sure they have plenty of material .. over plenty of time they have spent in the studio over the past 4/5 years.

I can't buy any notion that they haven't spent much time on it. I think it's the exact opposite .. I think they have spent much time on it .. just not in long extended sessions. I also think this album has been perhaps more thought out than any other album in thirty five years ... maybe more. Though these sessions have been brief at times .. consider this .. The Stones have never worked on a single album for going on five years in all their career.

In one group of sessions anyway. TATTOO YOU certainly falls under more than 5 years... just not as a designated album.

I figured someone was going to bring this up... however this is definitely not the same thing. Tattoo You was composed of leftovers and unfinished stuff from other albums .. pieced together (well 80% of it was anyway).

It's like someone building ten houses over ten years and taking the material leftover from those ten houses and building a new one over about four months or more .. Ya can't say the last / 11 th house took Ten years and four months ... (the last house only took four months).

Same is true with Tattoo You.

This album has been started over four years ago .. and will beinto five by the time it comes (if it comes .. which Im confident it will).

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: December 24, 2019 10:16

IanBillen

It's like someone building ten houses over ten years and taking the material leftover from those ten houses and building a new one over about four months or more .. Ya can't say the last / 11 th house took Ten years and four months ... (the last house only took four months).

I come to IORR for the powerful analogies. This one, however, I fear is flawed. Unlike creating music, constructions works generally don’t require much creativity and thus barring extreme weather or force majeure they are almost always completed according to the schedule stipulated in the contract. So while no house could ever take 10 years and 4 months to build (unless it were a do-it-yourselfer), it’s anybody’s guess how many bricks Mick and Keith have to piss out before the foundation of the new Stones record will be ready or how many years that will take.

On a related note, as we near the end of another year in which our expectations for a new album have been dashed, I think it is time for a reckoning

Is it time to stop this mental masturbation – lock this thread and others like it - or are we content to splash around in a pool of our own jism for another year? And if the latter - and it surely is the latter - at what cost? Consider this - there are people on this board who have made over 1,000 posts in this thread alone. Aside from constituting a profligate waste of time (it’s roughly equivalent to spending a week of one’s life without food, sleep or sex to discuss a product that may never exist) this type of fixation could be used by your wife to claim spousal neglect. And then how are you gonna buy the new album and concert tickets after your wife takes all your bread in a divorce settlement?

Mark my words – it’s far from certain that the Stones will release a new album in 2020 but I can almost guarantee that some of you will be released by your wives in 2020 unless you reform your ways.

The next person to post on this thread is a loser unless it’s to report on the current state of bliss in their marriage (pictures welcome).

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 24, 2019 13:03

Swayed here’s your new lead singer...

[www.google.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 24, 2019 13:53

Swayed1967
IanBillen

I come to IORR for the powerful analogies. This one, however, I fear is flawed. Unlike creating music, constructions works generally don’t require much creativity and thus barring extreme weather or force majeure they are almost always completed according to the schedule stipulated in the contract. So while no house could ever take 10 years and 4 months to build (unless it were a do-it-yourselfer), it’s anybody’s guess how many bricks Mick and Keith have to piss out before the foundation of the new Stones record will be ready or how many years that will take.

On a related note, as we near the end of another year in which our expectations for a new album have been dashed, I think it is time for a reckoning

Is it time to stop this mental masturbation – lock this thread and others like it - or are we content to splash around in a pool of our own jism for another year? And if the latter - and it surely is the latter - at what cost? Consider this - there are people on this board who have made over 1,000 posts in this thread alone. Aside from constituting a profligate waste of time (it’s roughly equivalent to spending a week of one’s life without food, sleep or sex to discuss a product that may never exist) this type of fixation could be used by your wife to claim spousal neglect. And then how are you gonna buy the new album and concert tickets after your wife takes all your bread in a divorce settlement?

Mark my words – it’s far from certain that the Stones will release a new album in 2020 but I can almost guarantee that some of you will be released by your wives in 2020 unless you reform your ways.

The next person to post on this thread is a loser unless it’s to report on the current state of bliss in their marriage (pictures welcome).

Agreed, it's a nonsense thread and it should be locked until a new album is officially-confirmed with a release date.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 24, 2019 14:06

Not Sticky anymore - the album has been cancelled. The same with the tour....

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 24, 2019 15:03

Don't worry, they all go sticky (or un-sticky) time and again ...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 24, 2019 15:30

The hysteria is always entertaining.

"We haven't heard anything, it must not be happening!"

"I lack the self control to not visit this thread for fear it might have news before Bjornulf posts it on the News page, therefore I demand the thread be locked and will publicly humiliate anyone who posts their opinions."

"Why must these incredibly wealthy, very old men continue to treat a new album as a hobby?"

"Keith must have writer's block since we've only heard he had three riffs four years ago."

"Mick must have writer's block or the album would be out by now."

"I will personally make Don Was rue the day he ever used the phrase 'hit the wall' to publicly describe Keith's frustration on Day 3 in the studio that led to the band cutting some old blues tracks four years ago. 'Hit the wall' will be my mantra forevermore. Failing that, I'll refer to Mick as Brenda."

"Keith's album only took four years to record in dribs and drabs in the studio. Why can't the band deliver the goods in the same amount of time?"

"I'm going to hold my breath until the album comes out. I bet it never comes out. Why don't they just admit they have done nothing?"

"I'll kick my legs and pound my fists and have a crying fit every day. Then I'll pause and see if they gave me my album yet."

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 24, 2019 16:09

I’m fine with them doing reissues like some girls at this point. Something old could be something new as long as sound quality is good.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 24, 2019 17:08

Adieu new album sad smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 24, 2019 17:35

Date: December 24, 2019 17:56

Swayed1967
IanBillen

I'm not married but I have been mentally going over some things for 2020 (that actually have to do with some changes, not 'just because') and one of them is less social media and, in the words of my girlfriend, stop screwing around on websites about bands that might be doing whatever.

It may get as simplified as once a week. I dunno. But it will be a lot less than what I have been doing.

Date: December 24, 2019 17:57

Always nice to see Keith without the eye liner seeming more like a real person.

That said, this is iorr, and Keith saying "let's see what we come up with" should not dissuade our overwhelming negativity. Hit a wall. Writer's block. Vacation. It will never happen.

They've sucked since Bill left,
Taylor left,
Brian was fired or murdered...

Aw, let's be honest for a change, they've sucked since Mick started writing songs with Keith because All True Stones fans hate Mick Jagger.

Really, they were only good when Dick Taylor was on bass. Now that's the mark of a purist!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 24, 2019 18:01

GasLightStreet

I have been mentally going over some things for 2020 (that actually have to do with some changes, not 'just because') and one of them is less social media and, in the words of my girlfriend, stop screwing around on websites about bands that might be doing whatever.

It may get as simplified as once a week. I dunno. But it will be a lot less than what I have been doing.

I've been telling my wife I really will retire from iorr. Less GasLighting is further impetus.

Date: December 24, 2019 18:15

IanBillen
GasLightStreet
IanBillen
Hairball
Ian Billen
The album has many / several recording segments .. ranging from three days to two weeks at a time. Some were only two or three days .. some were ten days .. some a couple weeks.
However ...This album has not had long extended studio runs where the band is working on an album for a couple months at a time (... those days are far gone)

And regarding these "recording segments", some were probably only a couple of hours per day. Some of them three hours, and others maybe five or six at the most.
The days of putting in a proper full day of work, let alone back to back or consecutive full days of work are far gone. They have a busy social life and attend parties, museums, friends, etc.

doitywoik
which were the sessions that Charlie talked about in this Charlie and Ronnie interview where he wondered what happened to the new album? I think he talked about three blocks of extended sessions (before 2019)?

That was way back in 1792...(jk)...it was in 2017. He mentions a pre-wall session, and then "another, and another...", and then says to Ronnie "where's the new album"?
Ronnie looks puzzled and caught off guard, and changes the subject to the Grammy they just won.

They did a session before December of 2015 on the new album too. Charlie specifically says so ...

Then he goes on to say in reference to the new album 'we've done so many bloody sessions Lol .. I dunno ...where is the new album?'(that interview was almost two years ago now ..and he mentions they did three or four separate sets of sessions almost two years ago). The Stones have been in the studio since then as a group and separately working on it since then as well.

They have done much work on the album it has been reported. Chuck Levell reported they did lots of work on it..but lots still needs done a year and a half ago ...

We know of at the very least five times The Stones all were in the studio together .. (this is what we know of now .. a good while down the road after the album is released we will know the full story on the recording sessions).

I am sure they have plenty of material .. over plenty of time they have spent in the studio over the past 4/5 years.

I can't buy any notion that they haven't spent much time on it. I think it's the exact opposite .. I think they have spent much time on it .. just not in long extended sessions. I also think this album has been perhaps more thought out than any other album in thirty five years ... maybe more. Though these sessions have been brief at times .. consider this .. The Stones have never worked on a single album for going on five years in all their career.

In one group of sessions anyway. TATTOO YOU certainly falls under more than 5 years... just not as a designated album.

I figured someone was going to bring this up... however this is definitely not the same thing. Tattoo You was composed of leftovers and unfinished stuff from other albums .. pieced together (well 80% of it was anyway).

Same is true with Tattoo You.

This album has been started over four years ago .. and will beinto five by the time it comes (if it comes .. which Im confident it will).

Aye, well, I brought it up with a tad bit of mockery of the process of EOMS from what all Mick said, which was something along the line of "Wot? No, we didn't do it ALLLLLL in Frahnce, really, it started in 1967 or 1969".

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 24, 2019 18:31

GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
IanBillen

I'm not married but I have been mentally going over some things for 2020 (that actually have to do with some changes, not 'just because') and one of them is less social media and, in the words of my girlfriend, stop screwing around on websites about bands that might be doing whatever.

How about you stop listening to what your girlfriend tells you to do for 2020? The Stones will still be touring and recording their new album after she is long gone. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 24, 2019 19:18

This thread has hit another wall...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 24, 2019 19:29

Maybe they should book some studio time part way through their next US tour. Seemed to work well for them in the 1960's. Just a question of scheduling and of course extending the tour dates.
Simples.

Date: December 24, 2019 19:41

July 1, 2019...they are currently working on material for their first studio album since 2005’s A Bigger Bang — “It’s sounding very good. The boys are in great shape actually. We’re surprising ourselves,” -Richards Canadian newspaper exclusive, and it stands to reason another tour might follow to support that
[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 24, 2019 20:53

Date: December 24, 2019 20:59

bye bye johnny
^ [iorr.org]
Thank you for the source Bye Bye Johnny

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: December 25, 2019 00:06

What's the betting we will be reading the same kinds of posts at Christmas 2020? Excited rumours about a new album 'early in 2021' Wild talk about Mick and Keith 'intending to get together before next summer' Press speculation that 'there are definite plans to have something out before the autumn tour' etc, etc, etc.

Sadly I'm not sure I care any longer. What I do hope is that, one way or another, the entire situation about another album is clarified. Will there be one? Or not! Will everything end in 2020? Or not! It would be a real shame if everything just sort of drifted away, and ends in confusion and apathy. Bring everything to a clean,clear and dignified end.

Date: December 25, 2019 00:30

TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
IanBillen

How about you stop listening to what your girlfriend tells you to do for 2020? The Stones will still be touring and recording their new album after she is long gone. smiling smiley

HAHA!

Well, she's not telling me what to do, she's just pointed out how much time I spend on this thing and here. Which has made me aware of, as Rocky and... Swayed has essentially said, better things to do with my time.

Date: December 25, 2019 00:34

GerardHennessy
What's the betting we will be reading the same kinds of posts at Christmas 2020? Excited rumours about a new album 'early in 2021' Wild talk about Mick and Keith 'intending to get together before next summer' Press speculation that 'there are definite plans to have something out before the autumn tour' etc, etc, etc.

Sadly I'm not sure I care any longer. What I do hope is that, one way or another, the entire situation about another album is clarified. Will there be one? Or not! Will everything end in 2020? Or not! It would be a real shame if everything just sort of drifted away, and ends in confusion and apathy. Bring everything to a clean,clear and dignified end.

I'll leave it at this: once 1-1-2020 hits, I won't be commenting on this thread anymore. This thread's subject is dead and has been. IF the record gets finished and released, well, then I'll comment here, if it's still able.

But this shit has got to end. It's been fun, and funny, and enlightening, and frustrating, but I'm not going to let a fossilized band's lack of work determine what I'm doing online anymore. I enjoy learning things and the various banter and poking and arguing but this so called new album?

The Rolling Stones are The Beach Boys.

Kinda of strange that the Stones last 3 essential releases are

A BIGGER BANG
BLUE AND LONESOME
HONK

HONK away, my friends.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 25, 2019 01:49

GasLightStreet
TornAndFried
GasLightStreet
Swayed1967
IanBillen

HAHA!

Well, she's not telling me what to do, she's just pointed out how much time I spend on this thing and here. Which has made me aware of, as Rocky and... Swayed has essentially said, better things to do with my time.

New girlfriend = "Better things to do with my time"
Old girlfriend (or wife) = Spend as much time online as I can get away with! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-25 01:50 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: December 25, 2019 15:56

GerardHennessy

Autumn tour, isn't it June, July, Aug

Date: December 25, 2019 21:36

Outstanding body of work!

Date: December 25, 2019 21:40

GasLightStreet

Don't forget Hyde Park and Havana winking smiley

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: December 25, 2019 23:44

GLS are you trying to pack in those posts in the last few days of the year?

Just kidding man, I hope you keep posting interesting stuff on the interesting threads. Has your girl joined IORR....?>grinning smiley<

Date: December 26, 2019 16:43

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Don't forget Hyde Park and Havana winking smiley

Those were "bootlegs" ie released via Eagle Vision, not traditional releases.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...408409410411412413414415416417418...LastNext
Current Page: 413 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home