Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...394395396397398399400401402403404...LastNext
Current Page: 399 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: z ()
Date: December 2, 2019 17:53

Rocky Dijon
z
Seems like You are the "tough guy" here... You got it all wrong.

Sorry if I misunderstood your point then. That doesn't make me the tough guy, more the dumb guy.

I thought you were trying to get a rise out of people so my response was go pick on people who actually defend their beliefs.

I wasn't trying to get a rise, Dijon, only to defend the legitimacy of this thread. Meant to say that even if this new album was just an idea - there is no physical proof that god is anything more than that. Does this make the bible pointless? Or worthless?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:02

Gigbag
So whilst Ronnie is on tour, Mick and Keith are secretly finalizing the album? Any insights? And Charlie?

Charie? Tending his horses, and alphabetizing his extensive jazz collection with the hope of finishing before they resume the tour.
As for the new album, he's as much in the dark as everyone else here - two years ago (or three?) he publicly pleaded "where's the new album"?

Meanwhile, looking forward to a snippet of a tweet proclaiming the Stones are 'working on a new album'...studio time in December has been the ongoing rumour since before the US tour started last June,
and it's the only solid kernel of info that's kept this thread going. Time to kickstart this thread back in to action, otherwise more discussion of Donny Osmond and whether or not there's a God.

Re: New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:04

They should have gone into the studio after the tours in October 2017,
July 2018 and September 2019 - when the machinery was oiled and they were
in fine form musically. I think there won´t be a new album.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:13

z

I wasn't trying to get a rise, Dijon, only to defend the legitimacy of this thread. Meant to say that even if this new album was just an idea - there is no physical proof that god is anything more than that. Does this make the bible pointless? Or worthless?

Well after all that, we're on the same page. I told you I was the dumb guy. My apologies, z.

Date: December 2, 2019 18:14

Hairball
otherwise more discussion of Donny Osmond and whether or not there's a God.

Admittedly, the existence of one could be argued to preclude the other.

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:34

No worries, Dijon. All good cool smiley

New Stones album for 2020?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:53

Would appear that the possibility of a release this month has been precluded. ; )

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 2, 2019 18:56

Maybe change the headline right away to "June 2022"! 60 Licks.

Date: December 2, 2019 19:48

Is it wrong to look forward to Hindsight?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 2, 2019 20:05

bye bye johnny
Would appear that the possibility of a release this month has been precluded. ; )

At this point the best we can hope for this year is an album of Christmas songs!

Date: December 2, 2019 21:09

SPIEGEL Interview Ronnie
Posted by: RobertJohnson
[www.spiegel.de]

One day: "Blue and Lonesome", the last Stones album, was made up of blues cover songs. Is a completely new work to be expected?

Wood: Yes. We are already here. The new album is like a puzzle, we have to put together the missing parts. We hope to release it in 2020 and then continue our world tour.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 2, 2019 21:30

DiegoGlimmerStones
SPIEGEL Interview Ronnie
[www.spiegel.de]

One day: "Blue and Lonesome", the last Stones album, was made up of blues cover songs. Is a completely new work to be expected?

Wood: Yes. We are already here. The new album is like a puzzle, we have to put together the missing parts. We hope to release it in 2020 and then continue our world tour.

Key words: "puzzle"..."missing parts"..."hope"

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: December 2, 2019 21:37

Rocky Dijon
Hairball
otherwise more discussion of Donny Osmond and whether or not there's a God.

Admittedly, the existence of one could be argued to preclude the other.

That ringing you hear in your ears is 15 million Mormons calling to beg to differ.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2019 22:05

DiegoGlimmerStones

SPIEGEL Interview Ronnie
[www.spiegel.de]

He said recently the same to the Dutch Volkskrant: [iorr.org] .

Date: December 2, 2019 22:17

If there's any significance to Ronnie's obviously awkwardly translated quote (just like the last one, actually), it's that it appears the plan is still to finish overdubbing before heading back on the road.

No tour announcement yet. Last reliable word was they were heading back to the studio this month. Rumor (reliable or not is questionable) was they were to be in the studio on and off through April 2020. Let's wait to see where the usual suspects are this week and next.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 2, 2019 22:25

must be a hell of a lot of missing parts if its taking that long, seems they have never been near a studio, point is, they dont want to record new stuff, if they did, they would have had an album out by now.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: December 2, 2019 22:33

buttons67
must be a hell of a lot of missing parts if its taking that long, seems they have never been near a studio, point is, they dont want to record new stuff, if they did, they would have had an album out by now.

welllllll hate to be the buzzzzzkill in the room but there is one other explanation: they've recorded new stuff for the past 4 years and it sucks.

Date: December 2, 2019 22:35

That must be it. They string along Universal, hire an expensive producer like Don Was for multiple sessions in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris; book time with a busy producer and session player like Steve Jordan; book a couple sessions with a hitmaker like Carl Falk; book Keyon Harrold to play on a track or two....All this time and expense because they never intend to finish the album. Otherwise they would be done by now like when they were in their mid-sixties or mid-fifties, or mid-forties. Nothing changes because they're old. They're still boys after all. It's not like we heard Keith was going to do another solo album for years and years before he finally finished it and released it. Only 23 years between his second and third album. This time, they must be stalling because clearly nothing exists. They just pretend to work on tracks. That makes sense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: December 2, 2019 22:43

Rocky Dijon
That must be it. They string along Universal, hire an expensive producer like Don Was for multiple sessions in London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris; book time with a busy producer and session player like Steve Jordan; book a couple sessions with a hitmaker like Carl Falk; book Keyon Harrold to play on a track or two....All this time and expense because they never intend to finish the album. Otherwise they would be done by now like when they were in their mid-sixties or mid-fifties, or mid-forties. Nothing changes because they're old. They're still boys after all. It's not like we heard Keith was going to do another solo album for years and years before he finally finished it and released it. Only 23 years between his second and third album. This time, they must be stalling because clearly nothing exists. They just pretend to work on tracks. That makes sense.

I think you are correct. They don't really want to finish the album because they know the material is weak and are afraid they will get slammed for capping their (mostly) stellar recording career with a final album that is lame and sells poorly to boot. So, they just tinker around endlessly in the studio pretending to work but in the end it all mostly amounts to nothing. Just like an old man tinkering in his garage on some unfinished projects he will never complete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-02 22:52 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 2, 2019 23:28

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 2, 2019 23:56

Wow...coming up on page 400...whoever makes the first post on that page gets to wear a dunce cap.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 3, 2019 00:37

Rocky Dijon

I sense and appreciate your sarcasm. The new album and the tracks are still a work in progress ..but I am hoping / thinking these sessions starting this month will be the last segment in piecing this thing all together.

They have working on the album for over four years now .. there has to be tracks .. and my guess is there is a multitude of ideas and versions (as was reported).
Hopefully they can get down to good work in the next couple months to finish her.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 00:38 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 3, 2019 02:03

Wait, what, there's not going to be an album in 2019? I'm devastated

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 3, 2019 02:04

retired_dog
I believed Bata Illic was dead, but after checking the net I am able - with great relief - to announce that he's not, but still alive and kicking. So, yes, he would be available if Jagger overcomes his "stealing the show" fright.

All of a sudden it striked me....I just looked up Bata Illic on google-photo, and truth is that he's looking strikingly similiar to Bill Wyman at this point. So: since I reckon the eyes of a big portion of the audience's eyes ain't in the shape they used to be, there's only one thing to do; strap a bass guitar on Illic, he didn't have to play it; he should be singing alongside Jagger, and also: tell the audience over the PA: "over there; Billy Wyman". The whole stadium would be cookin' for sure! "Da Doo Run Run" could last for 15 minutes on that round & round-going stage for all they'd care

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-12-03 02:09 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2019 03:08

TornAndFried
I think you are correct. They don't really want to finish the album because they know the material is weak and are afraid they will get slammed for capping their (mostly) stellar recording career with a final album that is lame and sells poorly to boot. So, they just tinker around endlessly in the studio pretending to work but in the end it all mostly amounts to nothing. Just like an old man tinkering in his garage on some unfinished projects he will never complete.

They've already done that with ABB and I think we can be fairly confident that worse comes to worse any new album will be as good/well played/memorable as ABB, which is not saying much of course. The (slight) delay seems to be due to the fact that they don't want to do that again.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 3, 2019 05:46

Hairball
Wow...coming up on page 400...whoever makes the first post on that page gets to wear a dunce cap.
Dunce cap?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 3, 2019 05:53

IanBillen
I sense and appreciate your sarcasm.

Is it too late to say I'm grateful for Ian this Thanksgiving?

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 3, 2019 10:19

According to Ronnie's interview on spiegel.de (see thread) the new album is nearly finished and planned to be released next year.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 3, 2019 11:43

How hard could it be to come up with a few rockers, a ballad, a blues song and a country tune?

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 3, 2019 11:56

NilsHolgersson
How hard could it be to come up with a few rockers, a ballad, a blues song and a country tune?

Maybe they're trying to sound fresh and modern, using drum'n'bass, techno sounds ... only the boys know

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...394395396397398399400401402403404...LastNext
Current Page: 399 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1656
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home