Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...373374375376377378379380381382383...LastNext
Current Page: 378 of 704
Re: Jagger Richard sqezze your brain
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 29, 2019 23:18

you opinion is serious and i share your frustration.

i think we all have to be realistic, we cant turn the clock back and make them release stuff in the past and now we have to respect their age.

i suspect and sincerely hope that in future whether the band are still ongoing or not or whether the band members are alive or not that we will see new releases from the vaults of outtakes. so i still think we have plenty to look forward to.

im amazed they are still going, when i first heard away back in 1989 they were doing a new album and comeback tour, i was like a big kid touring a chocolate factory, it was an amazing time to be a fan and only 2 years since i discovered them.

if someone had said to me back in 1989 that they would still be touring 30 years from now i would have thought them mad, think of what weve had since then.

over 130 official songs, live and outtakes included.

numerous tours and so many concerts, cd,s, dvd,s vault releases, youtube performances, instrumental versions of many songs, songs played live not done for decades,new songs live, many songs have been revitalised since 1989.

theyve given us so much for so long, and despite some minor dissapointments its hard to complain about anything.

they also dont owe us anything.

i hope they continue for another 3-4 years then quit,

as for a new album, it might not happen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 29, 2019 23:21

I have a hunch that they actually have something they could release as an album. But they hesitate to put it out there because for them it feels like wasting it. It took hard work to come up with and now they want to hang on to it, because they don't feel like doing any more after that.

Date: September 29, 2019 23:25

would it be substandard though, surely if they have something good then get it out.

Date: September 30, 2019 08:27

MAYO
It is time they release the new album. Every artist in the same leage make it. Dylan , Neil ,van Morrison,Who and so on. What is the point 15 years making no music i am really tired of vault releases briges to bridges to nowhere i d not care about mote lives and compilations and deluxes that mean nothing but the same. STOP IT ifthis band is not able to do récords better unzipand that was all. Happy to see them playing tthe ceremony but with no new music there is no point. I hope you all take my opinion seriously .

Try here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 30, 2019 13:04

The Stones can do whatever they want and I would still love them !

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2019 16:55

Nikkei

I have a hunch that they actually have something they could release as an album. But they hesitate to put it out there because for them it feels like wasting it. It took hard work to come up with and now they want to hang on to it, because they don't feel like doing any more after that.

That's why they should release the new Album in 2022 for their 60th Anniversary. Then a Tour of Europe in 2022, US-Tour in Spring 2023 plus a handful Concerts in London around mid-July 2023 (Charlie's 60-year Band-membership, 60 years 1st Single) and after that call it quits.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 30, 2019 17:05

As a fan for almost 56 years I have learned long ago just to be ... patient.
Due to hospitalisation of my wife I couldn't come to the USA (I could have in Springtime though ...), but I trust I will see the Stones again some time next year (anywhere around the world except not on the moon yet spinning smiley sticking its tongue out). And that incredible new record (must be, because they worked on it for some 5 years now grinning smiley) will come one day. Meanwhile ... I have that huge collection of records I can endlessly choose from.
smileys with beer

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 30, 2019 17:36

Irix

Then a Tour of Europe in 2022

Well spoken Irix! I'll go for that!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 30, 2019 17:40

dead.flowers
Irix

Then a Tour of Europe in 2022

Well spoken Irix! I'll go for that!

I'd like that. Band Health permitting, of course. Charlie will be 81 & Mick & Keith pushing 80. It will be some feat if they can make it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 30, 2019 17:41

Massive fake spoiler: the new album is taking so long because they're putting the finishing touches to a four CD rock-blues-jazz-funk odyssey.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 30, 2019 18:40

Irix
That's why they should release the new Album in 2022 for their 60th Anniversary. Then a Tour of Europe in 2022, US-Tour in Spring 2023 plus a handful Concerts in London around mid-July 2023 (Charlie's 60-year Band-membership, 60 years 1st Single) and after that call it quits.

It's all bonus at this point. Mick's health scare earlier this year should be proof of it if any were needed. Mortality stalks this band the way it does everyone, but time isn't on their side any longer. If they get to finish the album the way they want with Mick and Keith both pleased with the material, great. If they tour next year like they hope to, great. The idea of shelving a project for another three years for the sake of another anniversary when there's no guarantee they'll all be alive or able to tour is madness.

Date: September 30, 2019 18:41

And if this is the new 2019 album thread, can we please make the title SQUEEZE YOUR BRAIN. I'm still not sure what it means, but it's at least an improvement.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 30, 2019 19:06

I will not demand anything from the Rolling Stones now.

However, if I am permitted to say so, my interest, my wish and my dream are much greater towards a new studio album by the Stones than to witness still another concert by the band with largely unchanged setlists.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2019 19:33

Rocky Dijon
... can we please make the title SQUEEZE YOUR BRAIN. I'm still not sure what it means ...

I kinda like it with the misspelling...
Makes it even sillier.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 30, 2019 20:07

Sounds like a nice album title indeed, at least it could get people interested !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 30, 2019 20:27

Witness
I will not demand anything from the Rolling Stones now.

However, if I am permitted to say so, my interest, my wish and my dream are much greater towards a new studio album by the Stones than to witness still another concert by the band with largely unchanged setlists.

Permission denied only because Witness should never ask permission to wish to witness.

Kidding aside, I'm with you 100%. I'll selfishly wish they'd only played six shows a year since 1990 and made new Stones albums every couple years instead. However, wishing won't get us anywhere.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 30, 2019 20:50

i'm not complaining, but this past show (NJ2) was the first time i have ever seen them where i didn't hear at least one song i hadn't heard live before (21 prior shows starting in '81).

i cant say i was expecting a new one (for me), but i was hoping. I guess if i had read any set lists in advance, I'd have known.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: September 30, 2019 21:40

It will be okay if it's already all over. Albums, concerts, videos, the whole thing. They have made their mark on history and music.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 30, 2019 21:45

….. it ain't over ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: September 30, 2019 22:23

Good idea New album Squeeze your brain sound great

Date: September 30, 2019 22:36

good name but should come with a warning.

please dont try this at home, it may have consequences.

Date: October 1, 2019 03:03

But the charm of it is that the two of them seem to be sharing one brain between them.

Think of what George Clinton could have done with titles incorporating the word SQEZZE.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2019 03:13

…… snoop Doggy … would work Sqezzzzzz to a Squeegee

ROCKMAN

Date: October 1, 2019 03:35

the next tour could be

the squeeze the brain tour.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 1, 2019 05:01

Rocky Dijon
Irix

It's all bonus at this point. Mick's health scare earlier this year should be proof of it if any were needed. Mortality stalks this band the way it does everyone, but time isn't on their side any longer. If they get to finish the album the way they want with Mick and Keith both pleased with the material, great. If they tour next year like they hope to, great. The idea of shelving a project for another three years for the sake of another anniversary when there's no guarantee they'll all be alive or able to tour is madness.

And if they release a great album, let's say later this year or next year, people would still expect another and even greater album for their 60th Anniversary!

They've proven long enough that they don't need a new album to sell concert tickets. I mean, even die-hard fans here still get enthusiastic when they just change the running order of their warhorses in the setlist around a bit and dust off "super rarities" like All Down The Line, Bitch, Beast Of Burden, Sad Sad Sad or Out Of Control...

So fact is that as long as they're able to tour, economically they don't need a new album to keep the brand going. It may sound cold to some, but the album would have a maximum impact when released either to coincide with their 60th Anniversary and all the accompanying worldwide media hoopla, when the band freely decides to call it a day or are forced to call it a day because something tragic happens. Does this lead to the conclusion that a new album won't appear as long as they are able to tour?

Not necessarily. The tricky thing is that not even long-term Stones collaborators are in the know what exactly the plan is behind these ongoing recording sessions. If they know and are not allowed to talk, they would tell me so. But when I wrote here in a different thread that it's probably a "60's Anniversary thing" it was not my own guess, but the guess from someone from the inner circle. But not more than a guess nonetheless.

At least the info I gave earlier that they're obviously sitting on much more material than what is needed for a single album was more or less confirmed by Don Was in the meantime - app. 40 tracks (and still counting...).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-01 05:15 by retired_dog.

Date: October 1, 2019 07:29

Rocky Dijon
But the charm of it is that the two of them seem to be sharing one brain between them.

Think of what George Clinton could have done with titles incorporating the word SQEZZE.

"Weave Our Brains" would be a good title winking smiley

Date: October 1, 2019 15:23

retired_dog
At least the info I gave earlier that they're obviously sitting on much more material than what is needed for a single album was more or less confirmed by Don Was in the meantime - app. 40 tracks (and still counting...).

Yes, I think stockpiling is going on because Don Was' goal is they finish this new album as well as a 2-disc package of outtakes and alternate versions. Mick's goal is to have enough material for one last solo album after the next Stones album is finished. That said, do I think there are 40 new (since 2011) finished compositions? No, there is more like 20 finished compositions. I don't doubt there are something like 40 tracks but they're not all finished and Don is likely counting alternate arrangements of the same material as unique songs.

Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2019 20:07

Oooh....with the merging of the "sqezze your brain" thread in to this one, bv has ensured that this thread will reach 500 pages sooner rather than later.
Could be a sign that there's some progress being made on the album, or it could mean nothing at all....

retired_dog
So fact is that as long as they're able to tour, economically they don't need a new album to keep the brand going. It may sound cold to some, but the album would have a maximum impact when released either to coincide with their 60th Anniversary and all the accompanying worldwide media hoopla, when the band freely decides to call it a day or are forced to call it a day because something tragic happens. Does this lead to the conclusion that a new album won't appear as long as they are able to tour?

Not necessarily. The tricky thing is that not even long-term Stones collaborators are in the know what exactly the plan is behind these ongoing recording sessions. If they know and are not allowed to talk, they would tell me so. But when I wrote here in a different thread that it's probably a "60's Anniversary thing" it was not my own guess, but the guess from someone from the inner circle. But not more than a guess nonetheless.

The 60th anniversary is only three years away - not that long of a wait in the big picture of things, though some might freak out at the thought of waiting that long.
If you're right, might be time to change the title of thread again, and by then the thread will have reached 1,000 pages or more - a double whammy landmark occasion.
In the meantime, to appease the anxious fans maybe they could at least release a single...even if it's another blues cover...or maybe a Single Deluxe Box Set with an original AND a blues cover.

Date: October 1, 2019 21:48

deleted for beating a dead horse.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-01 21:58 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 1, 2019 22:20

Beating A Dead Horse, another album title for your consideration

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...373374375376377378379380381382383...LastNext
Current Page: 378 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home