Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...371372373374375376377378379380381...LastNext
Current Page: 376 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 22, 2019 06:56

Tim Rice Krispies

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: September 22, 2019 11:13

Sir Tim Rice names Jagger top lyricist Acclaimed songwriter SIR TIM RICE has ranked SIR MICK JAGGER as the greatest lyricist of all time.

not sure the link work, but its worth a read

[www.express.co.uk][/b]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2019 12:34

…. TIM RICE ----->>>>>> [iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2019 19:52

ukcal
Sir Tim Rice names Jagger top lyricist Acclaimed songwriter SIR TIM RICE has ranked SIR MICK JAGGER as the greatest lyricist of all time.

[www.express.co.uk][/b]

thumbs up

"And Rice is hoping to work with Jagger in the near future on a musical based on the story of Machiavelli, set to the Rolling Stones' hits.
He adds, "It's a possibility. I've spoken to them about it, and I shall discuss it again with Sir Mick."'

Even though this quote is from 2013, the thought of a collaboration between Sir Tim and the Stones wasn't too farfetched after all!
Instead of a musical based on Machiavelli using old Stones hits, maybe using some of their unfinished/unreleased new tunes is a more realistic possibility.
And Sir Tim Rice featuring the Rolling Stones has a nice ring to it imo.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 22:08

ed sheerin is crap, heard he steals other peoples music and style.

abba were never mediocre and to say they never made an album worth buying is nonsense.

to compare abba to the stones is worthless, they are so different.

but abba were more popular in the 70,s

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 23, 2019 00:55

Hairball
ukcal

[www.express.co.uk][/b]

thumbs up

"And Rice is hoping to work with Jagger in the near future on a musical based on the story of Machiavelli, set to the Rolling Stones' hits.
He adds, "It's a possibility. I've spoken to them about it, and I shall discuss it again with Sir Mick."'

Gotta admit, this WOULD be the logical capper to a career arc in which The Stones devolved into a Jesus Christ Superstar facsimile of themselves.

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 23, 2019 00:58

buttons67
ed sheerin is crap, heard he steals other peoples music and style.

Christ, man, do you mean that he is A MUSICIAN BORROWING/STEALING FROM OTHER MUSICIANS ... and he made money off this dicey endeavor? For f*ck's sake, call the cops!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 23, 2019 03:39

ukcal

[www.express.co.uk][/b]

Well SHARKS WILL CRY that is amazing news!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 23, 2019 03:47

LazarusSmith
Gotta admit, this WOULD be the logical capper to a career arc in which The Stones devolved into a Jesus Christ Superstar facsimile of themselves.

Lazarus would say that of all people...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:04

Sheryl confirms she's out of the album business : [www.rollingstone.com]

Meanwhile the Stones, well Mick and Keith, who haven't been able to come up with anything of particular interest for decades and nothing new at all for nearly 15 years still pretend they have a GREAT album between them...luckily they're still selling out stadiums so one apart from us lot has really been paying attention ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-27 01:05 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:15

gotdablouse

Meanwhile the Stones, well Mick and Keith, who haven't been able to come up with anything of particular interest for decades and nothing new at all for nearly 15 years still pretend they have a GREAT album between them...luckily they're still selling out stadiums so one apart from us lot has really been paying attention ;-)

Sadly new albums by old artist are useless in this era, Sheryl's latest album chart run in the US was 30-72-out of Top 200 in 3 weeks, no one outside her fan base could care less about a new album.
What's the point to release a new one?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:29

Strange how time changes. Albums used to be the only thing that mattered; now it's almost nothing. Singles still matters though. Even if they are mostly streamed today.
And rotation on radio channels is still important. Record companies have lost a lot of importance. Which is also a good thing. And a bad.

What the Stones really need is a hit. A really good single with heavy rotation on radio stations and Spotify lists. Their last big one was "Moves Like Jagger".
Which says a lot (I know, it wasn't even a RS song...)

Date: September 27, 2019 01:37

I thought there was some breaking news, but unfortunately false alarm.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:51

What we're missing here is the art side of show business. You make a new album because you're a creative artist. Picasso did until he croaked. If the Stones don't want to make new work, then they stopped being creative a long, long time ago. And they're content peddling senior citizen rock to people with too much, and too low expectations.

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: September 27, 2019 01:58

This thread has hit a wall, just like the alleged "new album" did several years ago.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 27, 2019 06:01

24FPS
What we're missing here is the art side of show business. You make a new album because you're a creative artist. Picasso did until he croaked. If the Stones don't want to make new work, then they stopped being creative a long, long time ago. And they're content peddling senior citizen rock to people with too much, and too low expectations.

Perfect.No new music then my interest stops with the guys.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 27, 2019 11:35

24FPS

thumbs up

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 27, 2019 12:03

Don't need a new crap album ( like ABB ) just some really great songs even some great covers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-27 12:05 by 1962.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 27, 2019 17:27

Don't need a new crap album ( like ABB ) just some really great songs even some great covers.

I loved Blue and Lonesome. I don't want crappy duets of their warhorses with the flavor of the moment pop star. (Like they did on the 2013 tour). But blues tunes with guests like Eric Clapton hit the spot. B&L may have been lightning in a bottle, but it's so good, and the only Post-Wyman Stones album I listen to. Buddy Guy. Taj Mahal. John Mayer (no singing, please). Jeff Beck. I thought Ron Wood was really good on the B&L album.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 27, 2019 17:48

If my memory serves me well, 19 albums, in 2019:
3x Honk (black, coloured, multi-coloured)
1x She's A Rainbow (Yellow)
2x Big Hits (EU, US)
2x Through The Past, Darkly (EU, US)
3x Bremen (black, bronze, clear)
1x Sweet Summer Sun (red)
2x Buenos Aires (blue, black)
2x Let It Bleed (green, boxed-set)
2x Rock And Roll Circus (US, EU)
1x Aftermath (on October 11th)
and we still haven't had news about the next RSD...
These all were planned long before 2019 and I don't think they'd realese so many albums if there was a new one coming. See you in 2022 for the 60th anniversary...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-27 17:51 by 1963luca0.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 27, 2019 17:53

The are not as good as 1968-1972 and they know that. Compare the 2002 recordings with those from 1971 for instance. - Probably one of the reasons that the "new album" will never see the light of day. At least I don't expect that. Maybe we will get some sub-standard outtakes from the 2010's on some box set after 2030. The last officially released "Stones" songs on that Jagger 5" were a bad joke. But technically they were more Stones than As Tears Go By or Play With Fire or Happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-27 17:55 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 27, 2019 17:54

The archival releases and repackages didn't get in the way of BLUE AND LONESOME or CROSSEYED HEART. I don't think they'll impact the next studio album either.

That said, so many folks expecting news when they're not due back in the studio until December is one of the quirks here. "This thread should be closed, I can't bear to look another time today" posts are akin to threatening to hold your breath until they release the new album.

Date: September 27, 2019 21:45

Meanhwile, Jeff Lynnes ELO are about to release another new album - the last one was 2015.
Maybe this thread should be retitled "OT:New album for 2019" so we can discuss all of the other bands that are releasing new music this year.
So far there's The Who, Van Morrison, Neil Young, ELO...all oldies, and all still working creatively. Even RINGO is releasing a brand new album!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-27 21:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 27, 2019 22:39

gotdablouse

I was gonna say, Thank You God! Until I read that she's still going to poop out singles periodically. ( which No One will give a F*ck about )

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: September 27, 2019 22:42

stone66
This thread has hit a wall, just like the alleged "new album" did several years ago.

Actually the new record is basically finished and should be pooped out by Christmas.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 27, 2019 22:52

Christmas would be great but I doubt it

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 28, 2019 01:28

Monsoon Ragoon
The are not as good as 1968-1972 and they know that. Compare the 2002 recordings with those from 1971 for instance. - Probably one of the reasons that the "new album" will never see the light of day. At least I don't expect that. Maybe we will get some sub-standard outtakes from the 2010's on some box set after 2030. The last officially released "Stones" songs on that Jagger 5" were a bad joke. But technically they were more Stones than As Tears Go By or Play With Fire or Happy.

Yet they still insist they want to release something "great", which is not going to happen. According to Don Was' latest comments they are sitting on 40 tracks and they don't know if there's an album there, WTH ?! How many more tracks are going to be needed ? Stop overthinking it guys and put out some music already. No one's expecting another "Gimme Shelter", we'll settle for "Really Wanna Tell The Truth" or that cool sounding song that was blasting with Mick on the harmonica in what looked like his apartment. But yeah, please release material with a melody, i.e. Mick tried tuneless tracks in 2017 and that didn't work.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-28 01:30 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 28, 2019 01:47

24FPS

In the 1970s the Stones were so creative they had enough leftovers from sessions to make lots of albums and one all by itself and their first gargantuan stadium tour.

1983 they had one last creative blast. By 1989 they were just painting by numbers and revamped the culture of the gargantuan world tour. The old treadmill of new LP, tour and live album, and more touring, continued and ended in 1999.

2002 they were not really able to do anything new except a new hits comp to tour behind which resulted in what should've been called ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL for a double live album edited by someone with tourettes (but a fantastic live video release). 2005 another new album and ridiculous tour that ignored the new album (and spawned a ridiculous live video set), a ridiculous movie and the ensuing ridiculous live album of the movie.

Since then, the only creative thing they've done is their @#$%& tour posters for each city and FROM THE VAULT and some patching up of some old tracks and, of course, the brilliant yet apparently completely unnecessary BLUE AND LONESOME and two more hits comps.

Call them The Beach Stones or The Rolling Boys but they've cemented themselves as the stadium nostalgic version of The Beach Boys and are not a creative force by any means - even a bad one.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: September 28, 2019 06:21

gotdablouse
Monsoon Ragoon

Yet they still insist they want to release something "great", which is not going to happen. According to Don Was' latest comments they are sitting on 40 tracks and they don't know if there's an album there, WTH ?! How many more tracks are going to be needed ? Stop overthinking it guys and put out some music already. No one's expecting another "Gimme Shelter", we'll settle for "Really Wanna Tell The Truth" or that cool sounding song that was blasting with Mick on the harmonica in what looked like his apartment. But yeah, please release material with a melody, i.e. Mick tried tuneless tracks in 2017 and that didn't work.

It isn't that they needed more .. it is what they chose on keeping to finish.

The way I get it this time is not based on accumulating more and more songs such as has been in the past ..they already have about 40 .. how many more could they possibly need? My interpretation is that they are 'improving' the ones they have to the best possible results .. rather than simply >> .. ok ... good song .. now next. Sounds like they let time set in and have worked up and reworked the ones that are showing promise. They do not feel the songs are as good as they can be .. and this time they are / were willing to wait until the ones they are having hope for slowly blossom to their maximum potential. This is the way I get it .. and what they have said if you sort of read between the lines between all

Ronnie, Don Was, Charlie's Keith's comments concerning the album .. they very few that there are and in between all the vagueness of it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-28 06:25 by IanBillen.

Date: September 28, 2019 06:56

"...slowly blossom to their maximum potential"

There's also the risk of having some of these 40 works "in progress" decay like a rotten apple. Most any other band would have said "fine, finished, release it", and then move on to something else.
In the Stones case, and at this late point in their careers, it seems stockpiling all of these tracks has become a burden, and they're probably sick of being asked about it in interviews.
The reality is, it's not like they're in their twenties any more where they were in their prime and had the luxury of time on their side. More blues covers would be welcome, even though it would lack creative credibility.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...371372373374375376377378379380381...LastNext
Current Page: 376 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home