Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...369370371372373374375376377378379...LastNext
Current Page: 374 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 19, 2019 00:37

Well, the new music from ABBA is delayed until 2020.
And their last release was around 1982.
So, we have to be patient.....15 or so years is nothing really.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2019 01:31

ABBA ……

all me mates drooled over Agnetha but I reckon Frida was way hotter ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 19, 2019 03:54

Can't tell them apart by name, but both are definitely HOT.
If forced (ha), I'd choose the blonde as she has that SoCal surfer girl look.

This song rocks! ABBA - Waterloo

The thread that keeps on giving with all of it's mysterious detours...winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2019 04:25

Agnetha's the blonde one

ROCKMAN

Date: September 19, 2019 05:17

Just did a bit of research and didn't realize they both had solo careers in the '80's....

Frida, 1982

VS

Agnetha, 1983

Looking forward to the reunion. smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 19, 2019 07:23

Let's give this one up, shall we?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 19, 2019 15:02

Oh, hush. We're talking ABBA now.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 19, 2019 15:26

ABBA broke up due to divorces and the fact that Agnetha Fältskog didn't want to tour anymore. The songwriting duo (Björn and Benny) and the band was intact. The well hadn't dried up.
They could have done a couple of more good ABBA albums after a while. They were still good friends within the band. Benny has been busy all the time with musicals and side projects.
A musician must keep busy all the time. I think the compilation albums after their career sold most copies. Funnily enough their manager had the rights to their music and sold those rights
(I think it was to Polygram). Which lead to a schism between him and Björn and Benny. ABBA Gold has sold more than 26 million copies.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: September 19, 2019 18:49

My monthly check on this thread finds a discussion of Abba on the last page. I deserve this.

Date: September 19, 2019 18:52

We all do, but just think...when we're able to answer ABBA trivia questions correctly, we can tell people we learned it at the world's largest Rolling Stones message board.

IORR...it's more than just The Rolling Stones, it's a way of life.

Date: September 19, 2019 19:17

Rocky Dijon
We all do, but just think...when we're able to answer ABBA trivia questions correctly, we can tell people we learned it at the world's largest Rolling Stones message board.

IORR...it's more than just The Rolling Stones, it's a way of life.

It's Not Only Rock'n'Roll..., apparently smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 19, 2019 20:20

Take a chance on them.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 21:58

jlowe
Well, the new music from ABBA is delayed until 2020.
And their last release was around 1982.
So, we have to be patient.....15 or so years is nothing really.
The difference is no one cares about an ABBA album....

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: September 19, 2019 21:59

Shott
My monthly check on this thread finds a discussion of Abba on the last page. I deserve this.
Yes. very disturbing indeed.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 19, 2019 22:20

This thread has reached its Waterloo.

Date: September 19, 2019 22:30

It's about to emerge from the cocoon as New Stones album for 2020?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 19, 2019 22:42

If we reach to 500 pages someone will take notice?

Date: September 20, 2019 00:55

frankotero
If we reach to 500 pages someone will take notice?

Probably not, but reminds me of the tune 500 Miles... The Proclaimers

"But I would read 500 pages
And I would read 500 more..."

lol

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 20, 2019 01:10

if its abba were talking heres my 2 cents worth.

always loved the arrival album, so many catchy, heartwarming or heartbreaking songs, that few bands could manage.

liked a lot of album deep cuts from that and others.

tropical loveland
so long
why did it have to be me
thats me
my love my life

just to name a few.

and yes i did have a crush on agnetha.

frida wasnt too bad either.

Date: September 20, 2019 04:59

Meanwhile, Van Morrison is set to release another new album in October - his last one was released just last year!

New tune out now, and it's quite nice.

Van Morrison - Dark Night Of The Soul

Imagine if you will the Stones releasing a new tune of similar classiness and quality...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 20, 2019 05:18

Hairball
Meanwhile, Van Morrison is set to release another new album in October - his last one was released just last year!

Imagine if you will the Stones releasing a new tune of similar classiness and quality...

Like that.. I see Van's playing a few shows in your neck of the woods coming up.. Hollywood Bowl etc.,
as you likely know. Then Vegas again. Great to catch live, which isn't always easy.

Imagine if you will Van playing as many shows and to as many fans as the Stones have maintained. Quality and classy performances etc.. winking smiley

Date: September 20, 2019 05:33

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Like that.. I see Van's playing a few shows in your neck of the woods coming up.. Hollywood Bowl etc.,
as you likely know. Then Vegas again. Great to catch live, which isn't always easy.

Imagine if you will Van playing as many shows and to as many fans as the Stones have maintained. Quality and classy performances etc.. winking smiley

It wasn't meant as a dig at the Stones or even a comparison, just wishful/hopeful thinking.
If Van can do it, surely the Stones can do it?!!!!

As for live, I've seen him several times in the past including opening for the Stones twice, though one of them was cut short in Nijmegen due to torrential rain and lightening.
His current tour has quite a few more dates than the any of the No Filter legs had, and obviously it won't be seen by as many fans (he's playing small venues), but it certainly won't cost as much either.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 20, 2019 17:30

Hairball

It wasn't meant as a dig at the Stones or even a comparison, just wishful/hopeful thinking.

As for live, I've seen him several times in the past including opening for the Stones twice, though one of them was cut short in Nijmegen due to torrential rain and lightening.
His current tour has quite a few more dates than the any of the No Filter legs had, and obviously it won't be seen by as many fans (he's playing small venues), but it certainly won't cost as much either.

Just playin' HB...winking smiley
For the record though (pun intended cool smiley) I paid more to see him in Vegas than any of the six recent Stones shows (Lucky Dips) I attended, and even got an upgrade Lucky Dip style when they closed the nosebleed row for the ticket I bought smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-20 19:41 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 20, 2019 19:12

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Just playin' HB...winking smiley
For the record though (pun intended cool smiley) I paid more to see him in Vegas than any of the six recent Stones shows I attended, and even got an upgrade Lucky Dip style when they closed the nosebleed row for the ticket I bought smileys with beer

thumbs up

As for paying more to see Van in Vegas, you should have also mentioned that for all the six recent Stones shows you attended you had Lucky Dips.
Van doesn't do Lucky Dips, but if he did I'm sure you would have bought those for Vegas making it a fair and square comparison!
But it's really apples and oranges in this case for so many reasons, and pitting the two up against eachother for any reason and/or comparisons is difficult.

But for the sake of it....smiling smiley

Van's recorded output since the Stones released their last album of originals in 2005:

Pay the Devil (2006)
Keep It Simple (2008)
Born to Sing: No Plan B (2012)
Duets: Re-working the Catalogue (2015)
Keep Me Singing (2016)
Roll with the Punches (2017)
Versatile (2017)
You're Driving Me Crazy (2018)
The Prophet Speaks (2018)

Yes there's been some covers amongst all of it, along with songs written by others, as well as duets, and of course some crap, etc., but no denying Van the Man has been a very busy man!
Not to mention the fact that he's been seemingly constantly touring during the last decade.

Listening to that new tune of his again right now, and it has that classic Van sound - there's really no mistaking it - classy with great/minimal production, excellent musicianship, and poetic/thought provoking lyrics.
This is my hope for a new Stones tune/album - something new that might have that classic Stonesy sound. Something of a similar quality to what Van has done, but of course being unique in it's own way.
Not a caricature of their former selves trying to mimic what they once were - simply a statement of who they are today without trying to reinvent the wheel - similar to what Keith did with Crosseyed Heart.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 20, 2019 19:21

d by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2019 19:12

Q
Listening to that new tune of his again right now, and it has that classic Van sound - there's really no mistaking it - classy with great/minimal production, excellent musicianship, and poetic/thought provoking lyrics.
This is my hope for a new Stones tune/album - something new that might have that classic Stonesy sound. Something of a similar quality to what Van has done, but of course being unique in it's own way.
Not a caricature of their former selves trying to mimic what they once were - simply a statement of who they are today without trying to reinvent the wheel - similar to what Keith did with Crosseyed He

Hairball - thanks for the Van tune you are so correct sounds like classic Van -
Tupelo Honey I thought after the first verse

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:51

Perhaps we should just throw in the towel, go full OT, and start discussing new albums that WERE released in 2019:

I was diggin Brittany Howard's new record on the way to work today!

Date: September 20, 2019 20:58

Can you guys please get back on topic and discuss ABBA?

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 20, 2019 20:59

I play the AM and DM triade at the 5th fret and walkdown the chords and add pinky then open chprds for F and C and I use the AM7 to em7 on verses. Using 7th chords is something Taylor might have suggested?

Posted by: LazarusSmith ()
Date: September 20, 2019 21:02

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: September 20, 2019 22:12

OpenG
I play the AM and DM triade at the 5th fret and walkdown the chords and add pinky then open chprds for F and C and I use the AM7 to em7 on verses. Using 7th chords is something Taylor might have suggested?

Amazing smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...369370371372373374375376377378379...LastNext
Current Page: 374 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home