Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...349350351352353354355356357358359...LastNext
Current Page: 354 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:02

KRiffhard
Please BV, close this thread.

I do think we should get back to talking about news on the new album .. Bv is right and I respect his wishes .. However .. I will say (what new news ha... tour is on and Mick had to recover). Fall we will get more word.

Speaking of the new album .. we know it was worked on in London .. Paris jus a bit .. and LA. Any other locations?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:22

New York as well, Ian. Mainly Keith, but sometimes Mick and Keith. Le Fork, too in the South of France.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:38

Rocky Dijon
New York as well, Ian. Mainly Keith, but sometimes Mick and Keith. Le Fork, too in the South of France.
Rocky! I haven't heard from you in a while. Good to see you again.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2019 21:52

IanBillen
KRiffhard

I do think we should get back to talking about news on the new album .. Bv is right and I respect his wishes .. However .. I will say (what new news ha... tour is on and Mick had to recover). Fall we will get more word.

Speaking of the new album .. we know it was worked on in London .. Paris jus a bit .. and LA. Any other locations?[/quot

After the fall, we will hear that they hit a wall. And that they are working on it.
Jeroen

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:45

KRiffhard
Best post in this entire thread.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2019 01:04

Wow, 354 pages, 782,500 views and 10,600 posts. Is this the biggest IORR thread ever?

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:05

to follow up on the moronic logic ... Exile is not a regular album either, as it was recorded over a couple years, from sessions as far back as '69, and Jagger missed a lot of the sessions and added his vocals to many songs later.

Now that I think about it, the Stones have never released a regular album. The upcoming one just might be their debut!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2019 05:24

Stoneage
Wow, 354 pages, 782,500 views and 10,600 posts. Is this the biggest IORR thread ever?

After the original What are you listening to this very second? which ended at 620 pages, it probably is.
But factor in and add the new What are you listening to this very second? at 30 pages and counting (totaling 650), this new album thread has along ways to catch up.
I have a feeling both threads will go on forever as long as IORR is in existence, and maybe there will actually be a new album before then.

Date: June 28, 2019 05:49

Rocky Dijon

My gosh that's right ... Duuuuuuuh ... I forgot all about the NYC things at Germano ...with Keith (and Mick plus Keith). I knew something did not seem right
with the locations I had ...

Thanks guy. I went through all last night and today ..thinking ...darn .. which city am I missing? I thought there was at least one more place.

>> It's friggin NYC with some IG images to boot Lol!!!

Thanks again. Ian

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 28, 2019 12:54

And wasn’t there a rumor that they recorded in Chicago like 3 years ago also?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 28, 2019 17:10

LeonidP
to follow up on the moronic logic ... Exile is not a regular album either, as it was recorded over a couple years, from sessions as far back as '69, and Jagger missed a lot of the sessions and added his vocals to many songs later.

Now that I think about it, the Stones have never released a regular album. The upcoming one just might be their debut!

Depending on the amount of songs recorded on previous sessions and the correct recording dates Exile maybe deserves a closer look indeed. But that should be done in another thread...
Note: Jagger overdubbing songs that are only a few month old is not an indication for EXILE being a compilation.

You see how important it is to know correct recording dates for each song. Most people think that the Stones´ creative peak was in the early 70s because of albums like SF & EXILE. But if half of the songs of those albums (or the core songs that are regarded as the best) were indeed recorded in the late 60s... would mean that their big creative outburst did happen 1968-69, not in the early 70s... so the myth of the Stones being in the form of their life in the early 70s apparently would happen to crash and burn. - History would have to be re-written.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 28, 2019 21:34

"History would have to be rewritten."

Essentially, human civilization as we know it would collapse into anarchy.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: June 28, 2019 23:04

LeonidP

don´t forget Blue And Lonesome... reportedly it was recorded within a very short period of time!
It is a "new studio album" by all definitions.
The more i think of it... indeed it is.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:21

HMS
LeonidP

don´t forget Blue And Lonesome... reportedly it was recorded within a very short period of time!
It is a "new studio album" by all definitions.
The more i think of it... indeed it is.

You even must think of it for a while to finally come to the conclusion that B&L is "indeed a new studio album"?

What's wrong with you?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 29, 2019 01:33

Referring to the Compilation debate: Whichever way you look at it: 1968 and 1969 must have been two very productive years in Stones history!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 30, 2019 03:45

Guys, we should be grateful to discuss only Stones albums and not Zappa albums.There we have live basic tracks reworked in the studio, studio tracks combined with live parts, songs with a solo recorded many years earlier, albums made up of songs from several dfferent periods, and then Zappa's frequent recycling of ideas. We'd go crazy ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:36

Maybe it's time to combine the old trick Andrew pulled on them with locking them in the kitchen until they had a song ready. With how they recorded Steel Wheels in a nice secluded island! :-)

I bet that would get the job done! And they might even get a Blue and lonesome 2 out of it too! :-)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 30, 2019 14:58

From Keith's interview with Geoff Edgers of the Washington Post, published June 29:

It has been 14 years since “A Bigger Bang,” the last studio album of original songs. Richards says that in February, the Stones recorded at least five new songs with producer Don Was. They are likely to finish the album, which would be their 31st, later this year.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: June 30, 2019 16:09

MichaelLassen
Maybe it's time to combine the old trick Andrew pulled on them with locking them in the kitchen until they had a song ready.

"We can't get no ... Evian & Shepherd's Pie" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-06-30 16:10 by doitywoik.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 1, 2019 08:56

bye bye johnny
From Keith's interview with Geoff Edgers of the Washington Post, published June 29:

It has been 14 years since “A Bigger Bang,” the last studio album of original songs. Richards says that in February, the Stones recorded at least five new songs with producer Don Was. They are likely to finish the album, which would be their 31st, later this year.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

5 new songs in 14 years eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2019 09:21

Yeah but they're all around 35 minutes long …….

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2019 09:48

KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

[www.washingtonpost.com]

5 new songs in 14 years eye rolling smiley

20 + 5 = 25 smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2019 09:59

Stoneage
Referring to the Compilation debate: Whichever way you look at it: 1968 and 1969 must have been two very productive years in Stones history!

Quite so .They wrote & recorded BB , LIB , laid the groundwork for half of SF and even a couple of songs for EOMS...

...most of it done without a regular second guitar player and with a lot of unwanted relationship issues & other distractions.

That said ,you could argue that they effectively lived at Olympic studios for months on end ....so it was a lot crammed into a couple of years but they put in a lot of studio hours.

And I think that the overriding difference between then & today is that back then, recording & making records was the core business that put food on the table.

They probably make more from T-shirts today...and all without having to go anywhere near a sewing machine !

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 1, 2019 15:19

What's with all this aggro? Sparked by Chuck?! You know we're lucky we have BV with his codes of conducts on postings and general control. Last week (a lot of you will probably know this)all hell broke loose on The Rolling Stones FB site; someone made a remark regarding the current President of the USA and what followed was the most vicious, vitriolic and cruel comments being posted. People threatening to leave the site left, right & centre and the admins taking an absolute battering. We don't want that around here.smiling smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Date: July 1, 2019 15:59

ROLLINGSTONE
What's with all this aggro? Sparked by Chuck?! You know we're lucky we have BV with his codes of conducts on postings and general control. Last week (a lot of you will probably know this)all hell broke loose on The Rolling Stones FB site; someone made a remark regarding the current President of the USA and what followed was the most vicious, vitriolic and cruel comments being posted. People threatening to leave the site left, right & centre and the admins taking an absolute battering. We don't want that around here.smiling smiley

who knows what this persons problem is

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 1, 2019 18:33

Can we report this guy to BV? He is so hateful

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 1, 2019 20:48

keefriffhard4life
ROLLINGSTONE

who knows what this persons problem is

Eh... a wild guess: Chuck Leavell? cool smiley

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 21:05

From The Washington Post, June 29th:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Date: July 1, 2019 23:59

EdubertoPalitroke
Do you all people around here belong into Unicef?

Certainly not. And Chuck does get his fair share of criticism ever and again, as do the Stones as a band, or the individual members, and other people involved with them musically or otherwise.

But there's a difference between saying "I don't like Chuck's playing on this or that song", or "I don't think Chuck's style of playing fits the Stones", or "Chuck is too prominent in the mix", or whatever, and an outright outburst of sheer hate.

If you think the Stones made a bad move in appointing Chuck musical director in tour rehearsals and on stage that's perfectly OK but it could also be phrased in a less emotional/offending/etc. way and should be supported by at least some sort of arguing. Apparently they want/need someone in that slot and if it weren't Chuck it would be someone else for you to hate.

Also Chuck's actual impact on the songwriting seems to be a minor affair. He got a credit on DW for coming up with a bridge in one song (they asked him if he had an idea because they couldn't come up with something that worked), and that seems to be about it. (I always thought he also got one on the Undercover album but maybe I'm wrong.) Chuck was certainly present in a number of sessions since 2015 or whenever but I can't recall any recent news such as "CL in the studio writing new Stones tunes" or "CL in the studio doing overdubs for the new Stones album". I also don't recall Chuck having prolifically provided 40 demos or three dynamite riffs. Rather seems like they call him in when they need a keyboard player, and he's certainly a convenient choice because he meanwhile knows how they tick. But it's still them who bring in the songs.

Date: July 2, 2019 00:17

JordyLicks96
From The Washington Post, June 29th:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

The Washington Post is reliable. So in Feb they recorded five songs .. how many did they have recorded and 'album worthy' up to that (before February) is the question? How much more to go? Hmmmmmm?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-02 00:18 by IanBillen.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...349350351352353354355356357358359...LastNext
Current Page: 354 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home