Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...331332333334335336337338339340341...LastNext
Current Page: 336 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 22, 2019 20:42

Rokyfan
IanBillen

1. If they still consider and proclaim themselves as 'artists' [bla bla bla] ***

2. Family time .. resting ... blah blah blah .. (ummm yeah ok right?) they have enough of that in spades .. Gimme a break -

3. They tease a lot and mention it frequently .. So what's the story?? ***

No The Stones don't 'owe' me anything ..and they don't personally 'owe' Ian Billen an album .. but guess what .. I EXPECT one. I have every right . . .

cutting them all that crazy slack they really didn't deserve. . .

Ian

you sound like a spoiled whining baby

The Stones have been teasing and talking about an album for years. They have put out three studio albums albums in thirty years ..

Again .. three original studio albums in thirty years from a band who is anything but retired during that time ..

It's not being a baby to say .. yo .. if you are <finally> making an album .. great.. lets get at it and put it out. People here said I should not expect anything from the Stones? Id expect an album from any band in their shoes .. If fact.. they should have made more.

The NOX BOYS are from Pittsburgh .. they recorded an album. I expect one from em
and guess what they gave a time frame and it just came out. It's called being a band / artists and delivering an album (especially when members in your band tease and mention it).

I think you may of misread my tone .. my tone is well ..lets go. Im not the only
one expecting this ... thousands of others are. If you are 75 and you take a job
as a painter .. ya dont have to do everything as much as the younger folks .. but sooner or later ya have to produce a painting. This is the same thing. Everyone is too easy on em .. hell yeah I expect an album (I would of liked more at this point). So .. lets go boys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 21:26 by IanBillen.

Date: May 22, 2019 21:29

Send It To me
Bashlets
Ticket prices for big artists are huge because that’s where the money comes from. If the stones were making millions in sales off of new recordings they’d release more albums and often. The reason there is no rush by them to complete an album is because there ain’t no money in it. We can all get the product but if we are not buying it, why would they produce it. I can’t blame them and would do the same. I’m a sucker. I still buy it. Been a collector since 11 years old in 1973. I will continue to buy.

There are other artists who don't need to make new music for money but do so anyway because it's their craft and helps them stay vital. Before retiring, Paul Simon put out records of new music in 2000, 2006, 2009, & 2015, along with the occasional random track like "Fast Car" with Wyclef and co-writing a record with his son Harper. I doubt he earned much from it. Neil Young still produces, as does Fogerty and others. Stones are too much tilted toward being entertainers & businesspeople as opposed to artists sometimes.

Completely agree (well said).

Ian

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:39

IanBillen
Rokyfan
IanBillen

1. If they still consider and proclaim themselves as 'artists' [bla bla bla] ***

2. Family time .. resting ... blah blah blah .. (ummm yeah ok right?) they have enough of that in spades .. Gimme a break -

3. They tease a lot and mention it frequently .. So what's the story?? ***

No The Stones don't 'owe' me anything ..and they don't personally 'owe' Ian Billen an album .. but guess what .. I EXPECT one. I have every right . . .

cutting them all that crazy slack they really didn't deserve. . .

Ian

you sound like a spoiled whining baby

The Stones have been teasing and talking about an album for years. They have put out three studio albums albums in thirty years ..

Again .. three original studio albums in thirty years from a band who is anything but retired during that time ..

It's not being a baby to say .. yo .. if you are making an album .. great.. lets get at it and put it out. People here said I should not expect anything from the Stones? Id expect an album from any band in their shoes .. If fact.. they should have made more.

The NOX BOYS are from Pittsburgh .. they recorded an album. I expect one from em
and guess what they gave a time frame and it just came out. It's called being a band / artists and delivering an album (especially when members in your band tease and mention it).

I think you may of misread my tone .. my tone is well ..lets go. Im not the only
one expecting this ... thousands of others are. If you are 75 and you take a job
as a painter .. ya dont have to do everything as much as the younger folks .. but sooner or later ya have to produce a painting. This is the same thing. Everyone is too easy on em .. hell yeah I expect an album (I would of liked more at this point). So .. lets go boys!

Yes, they should have made more new albums during that later part of their career.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:47

If they had any real promising songs/ideas/sketches they would be keen to finish them as soon as possible. Instead of that next time they plan to continue recording is Nov/Dec. So I think there is nothing in the can they are very excited about... Within a half year of not working on what they probably have they could also completely change their minds regarding the material. The situation doesn´t seem to be very promising, I am in doubt this will ever come to an fruitful end. They "hit the wall" a few years ago and probably that is exactly where they stand now. The "wall" is eight miles high and solid. Make way for Blue And Lonesome Pt.2! It will at least sell enough to cover the cost of studio time, equipment etc. Otherwise all the pretty money would be only wasted, do you hear me, Mick?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:49

billwebster
Yes, they should have made more new albums during that later part of their career.

I totally agree... but there is one thing we should not forget: You need songs to make an album...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 22, 2019 21:56

Rolling Stones back in the studio working on new album

The Rolling Stones are back in the studio working on their new album.

The iconic rock band were forced to postpone their North American and Canadian 'No Filter Tour' shows in April, while frontman Sir Mick Jagger underwent heart valve replacement surgery.

Now the 75-year-old singer is back to good health and the 17 concerts have been rescheduled for this summer, the 'Start Me Up' hitmakers - completed by Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - are pressing on with work on their first record of new material since 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', which they started work on last year, as he's keen to "make up for lost time".

A spokesperson for the band told the Daily Star newspaper: "The album is moving ahead but no release date as yet.

"Mick is keen to make up for lost time.

"This album has been spoken about for a long time, so now they are keen to get it out as soon as possible."

The tabloid also reported that the record could be released at the latter end of 2019, which echoes what guitarist Keith said previously.

Asked if he knows when the record will be released last November, he replied: "Oh man, no. Like I say, early stages. I would say if I'm looking at it, we're going to do this tour, so maybe this time next year, I would say. Maybe. That looks like a reasonable projection."

Meanwhile, Mick recently delighted fans when he shared a video of himself dancing after recovering from his operation.

The band's new shows will kick off with two nights in Chicago on June 21 and June 25, before onto Ontario, Canada and rolling on through with dates in Washington DC, Foxboro, East Rutherford, Philadelphia, Houston and Jacksonville.

The Stones also added a new show in New Orleans, and will the continue to Denver, Seattle, Santa Clara, Pasadena and Glendale before rounding up in Miami on August 31.

Mick's representative previously confirmed he was "expected to make a full recovery" following his surgery.

A statement read: "Mick Jagger has successfully undergone treatment. "He is doing very well and is expected to make a full recovery."

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:02

The same old blah blah blah,im afraid.
Jeroen

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:04

Thanks, Cristiano. Oddly enough that Daily Star piece doesn't seem to appear in the Daily Star.

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:11

"This album has been spoken about for a long time, so now they are keen to get it out as soon as possible."

Liking this... thanks for posting!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:12

bye bye johnny
Thanks, Cristiano. Oddly enough that Daily Star piece doesn't seem to appear in the Daily Star.

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Yep, I noticed that. I did the same research and I also couldn't find anything on their website.

There's nothing actually "new" on that article, but I think it's better to read that than to read just guessings and wishful thinkings which doesn't have any actual infos, imo.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:26

I have a gut feeling that this is a real thing that we might see within the 6-12 months. It is not about the sales, it's about them as musicians.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 22, 2019 22:37

I have the same feeling CJFP.
This medical scare may have been a wake up call not only for Mick, but the band as well.
The postponement of the tour may have been a blessing in more ways than one, as I am landing firmly in the camp of keeping the header the same on this thread. Less likely, but I also have increased hopes of a new song or two on this tour. Realize this goes against georgelicks info, but it wouldn't be the first time they've surprised insiders by switching things up. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-22 22:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 22, 2019 23:06

thumbs up Plus since December 2012 the band have started another watershed period that will result in an excellent new album. We will be rewarded.......

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 22, 2019 23:40

While I completely trust all of the info georgelicks, Rocky and bv have given us, there's also plenty of info about the album that's unknown. Mick knows that it's a shame they haven't put out more new material this past decade. Both he and Keith know that they need to put out a solid album to make up for lost time. This band is past spending months at a time in the studio. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they're OLD men in their mid-70's. We can't compare them to other artists who are decades younger than them. We should just be happy they're still around making music and touring. They could have said goodbye after the STEEL WHEELS Tour. Planned differently, I think they should have put out new studio albums for the 40th and 50th anniversaries but at least we got new material.

We have a tour to look forward to and a new album hopefully by 2020. There's no doubt in my mind that this will be their last studio album. This album will be something special. We will look back at this thread and laugh at all of the time waited for this album because after hearing it, most of us won't be able to put it down. Look at it this way, every album (not including BLUE & LONESOME) since STEEL WHEELS was rushed for an upcoming world tour. The results were dicey. Some good stuff, but a lot of meh material by Stones standards. This time there is no rush. They started work on this album in December 2015, about 3 and a half years ago. We're closer to the release of this album than we all think. I want 12 solid songs, with classic Stones mixed with eclectic Stones. No matter how much longer it takes, I'll be there bright and early to get my copy and I'm gonna be holding it like a child who got a new toy for Christmas.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 23, 2019 02:51

I’m hoping they have 18 to 20 killer songs. Release 2 new studio albums. Fade off into glory. HONK will stop being redistributed just like 40 licks and Grr and then they can milk us again with another anthology in 2023 or 2024 for XMAS. I say record now. New album Xmas 2019 and final one 7/12/2022 simply called “60”.
I really think it’s do-able if they’re inclined.
Go thru the archives. I’m sure there is still tons of shit that was never leaked on bootlegs.
I wrote some piece a page or so back about all the money is in touring. Hell I want new material much more than a tour. The reality is and I’m sure Mick knows it too but they could put out their grand masterpieces but they still will only get limited airplay and no charting singles. The masses only care about the hits. We’re the only ones who bitch about the set list in reality.

When ABB kicked off at Fenway in Boston I was right down front. What a lame crowd.( the rafters seemed to be rocking but not down front). I’m stuck next to this fat @#$%& who was trying to impress this pretty gal. “ look at me I spent big bucks on these prestigious seats” was the only thing going thru the guys head I bet. She clearly wasn’t impressed and they left after 8 or 9 songs. I’m sure he still got some booty for his efforts.
In reality I thought the crowds down front at both Fenway shows were bland. They were there for status only. To me the tour jump started on the 3rd show of the tour in Hartford. Younger crowd, more rowdy and having a ball.

Date: May 23, 2019 04:34

CJFP
I have a gut feeling that this is a real thing that we might see within the 6-12 months. It is not about the sales, it's about them as musicians.

<exactly .. isn't about them selling 10 million copies .. it is about their 'cred' ... and possibly a top off to their legacy ...they know that ...they know this one is important).

Date: May 23, 2019 05:05

Perhaps Universal finally said .. ok boys .. let's go .. get to it.

Maybe in so many words they figured The Stones have had enough breaks .. ya-all do everything else .. get to that album you guys took out a contract with us for (in so many kind official words channeling down the pipeline to them).

I would bet that is the real reason they got right back to it (even this close right before a tour).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 05:06 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 23, 2019 05:14

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Yep, I noticed that. I did the same research and I also couldn't find anything on their website.

There's nothing actually "new" on that article, but I think it's better to read that than to read just guessings and wishful thinkings which doesn't have any actual infos, imo.

Interesting...must be some sort of a hoax.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 05:14 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 23, 2019 06:55

Bashlets
We can all get the product but if we are not buying it, why would they produce it. I can’t blame them and would do the same.

I'm quite sure they will still make more money from the album than it cost them to make it, however many or few units they would sell (or stream) in the end. Apart from that, everybody suffers from fewer album sales than in the golden 70s. It's not just the Stones.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 23, 2019 07:52

CJFP

I will be glad IF this turns out to be the truth, too many words, it is about time something new is released

Date: May 23, 2019 07:55

doitywoik
Bashlets
We can all get the product but if we are not buying it, why would they produce it. I can’t blame them and would do the same.

I'm quite sure they will still make more money from the album than it cost them to make it, however many or few units they would sell (or stream) in the end. Apart from that, everybody suffers from fewer album sales than in the golden 70s. It's not just the Stones.

Sure.. they will still make money off of it. It will make the record company a lil dough as well. Nobody is going to lose money on it... they will make a lil chunk.

3 million albums alone = 30 plus million dollars .. that is not counting downloads which will be the best seller. They will make some change onit and so will the record company. Certainly isn't like it used to be .. but the album will still be a 'money maker' (it will go top ten in how many friggin countries .. ya know? .. not to mention it will chart at #1 is several).

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 23, 2019 08:05

Yeah, I bet there's quite a number of groups/artists out there who wish that once in their lives they had the sales figures of a badly selling Stones album!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:06

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Interesting...must be some sort of a hoax.

That Daily Star stuff could have been written by anybody who's only "source" was a casual perusal of these IORR pages over these last few weeks .

Date: May 23, 2019 10:23

doitywoik
Yeah, I bet there's quite a number of groups/artists out there who wish that once in their lives they had the sales figures of a badly selling Stones album!

Yezzer No doubt. A record that sells 300,000 copies is still quite a success and is a money maker .. Not a success by Stones standards .. I'm not talking about a group intheir league or a major pop star or anything but to a standard group
that would be fantastic and it's enough for the record company to make some change and profit on it as well.

The Stones will have a bigger budget .. and more expensive marketing .. I get all that .. but imagine about ...oh ... say 10-15 times that amount of sales (as a conservative number)... they (Universal and The Stones) will all make a nice lil nugget on it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-23 10:26 by IanBillen.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:42

I'm sure Mick's wake up call has made him reveiw all his demos and song ideas, with a greater energy to finish off, expect stones for xmas and maybe some more solo stuff next year.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:44

Why should they release another sub-standard album with lots of fillers that doesn't really sell? They know that they are not able to make a great record again. That's why they are doing shows with 85 % hits and standards. It's a shame that this project ends like this, but we gotta deal with it.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 23, 2019 10:57

Monsoon Ragoon
Why should they release another sub-standard album with lots of fillers that doesn't really sell? They know that they are not able to make a great record again. That's why they are doing shows with 85 % hits and standards. It's a shame that this project ends like this, but we gotta deal with it.

Of course. But don't say that too loud. We don't wanna miss another 400 pages of this thread.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 23, 2019 11:35

Monsoon Ragoon

So how do we define a sub standard album ?

For some folks it appears to be anything that's not as good as EOMS, SF , BB or LIB ...with SG & TY being deemed tolerable at a push.

If ABB or B2B had not been Stones albums, and had been released by a new or erstwhile unknown band ...they'd have been received as brilliant , diverse and exciting albums.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 23, 2019 11:43

Spud
Monsoon Ragoon

For some folks it appears to be anything that's not as good as EOMS, SF , BB or LIB ...with SG & TY being deemed tolerable at a push.

If ABB or B2B had not been Stones albums, and had been released by a new or erstwhile unknown band ...they'd have been received as brilliant , diverse and exciting albums.

There is something on that.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 23, 2019 12:04

Spud
Monsoon Ragoon

True, but they were Stones albums.
If my little niece of 7 years old makes a drawing of a house, and a sun, and two humanoid creatures next to the house, I will say "nice".
If Rembrandt would have come up with that, well, no need to finish that sentence...

So, the issue is: what do you want from them? The same uninspired drivel any rock band of the past 30 years could turn out? Well, that's easy then: listen to any rock band of the past 30 years.
Or do you want to have an album reminding you of the reason why you like the Stones so much? In that case, why go for less than BB, LiB, SF, Exile, SG or TY? (Sure, to vary, there's also "1", "OOTH", A, ER and U).
Or just put on one of Keith's solo albums and lament the fact that he didn't make more.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...331332333334335336337338339340341...LastNext
Current Page: 336 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home