Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...328329330331332333334335336337338...LastNext
Current Page: 333 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:34

Playing a new song or two on tour would be a nice carrot to us. If they are in the studio now, it is surely to finish up something for the tour. There is no reason that new material and tours should be mutually exclusive; these two things can promote each other. They have done it all kinds of ways in the past. Hell, Let it Bleed was released at the very end of the '69 tour. Expect the Stones to do something a little different this time.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: May 20, 2019 00:41

CJFP
Germano Studio in NYC is booked for the next few days by a "band from England". I believe that the band is the Stones. They often times record at Germano and it is where they were recording in December and November.

Thanks for the cool info CJ. I think they've used Germano for writing and overdubbing. I don't think the whole band records there. I know Keith recorded all of CROSSEYED HEART there and he, Mick and Don Was went there to work out new material in 2017-18. I actually took a walk down to the studio a few days after Keith was there in August of last year. It's so cool to know I was standing 3 floors down from where new Stones songs were being written and worked on.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: May 20, 2019 02:46

bye bye johnny
Thanks. Maybe the gearheads will recognize something.

Possible Gear:
- On the rack:
• Dice, a Les Paul Jr. belonging to Keef
• A black Les Paul, Keef is known to own one
- In the back/behind the window:
• Dwight, a white Gibson ES
• A black Gibson ES

These are all simply guesses. I have no idea what it could be, however these guitars do look familiar. I have a strong feeling that this is Keith's setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 02:54 by CJFP.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:29

Could be that Keith is working on and/or finishing some new solo material while the new Stones album is in a constant state of limbo.

Crosseyed Heart pt II - I say bring it on! thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2019 03:47

Hairball
Could be that Keith is working on and/or finishing some new solo material while the new Stones album is in a constant state of limbo.

If it's only Keith-related I think the caption wouldn't mention "English band".

Date: May 20, 2019 04:00

You have a point there Cristiano, but then again even if it says "English band" I highly doubt the entire band is there.
Keith could be adding overdubs to some Stones 'work in progress', or he could be moonlighting 'undercover' solo whilst waiting for something to happen from the rest of the band.
But we don't even know if it's Stones related at all other than some guesses based on the equipment from CJFP, though he does make a convincing case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 04:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 20, 2019 04:03

If the Stones don't release their new album anytime soon, I feel betrayed by Mick and his constant teasing of "new tunes" sad smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 20, 2019 04:16

Hairball
You have a point there Cristiano, but then again even if it says "English band" I highly doubt the entire band is there.
Keith could be adding overdubs to some Stones 'work in progress', or he could be moonlighting 'undercover' solo whilst waiting for something to happen from the rest of the band.
But we don't even know if it's Stones related at all other than some guesses based on the equipment from CJFP, though he does make a convincing case.

Sure enough, but I meant "solo recording". smiling smiley

Date: May 20, 2019 04:19

Germano Studio just seems to have deleted their Instagram account. I cannot find it anywhere.

Date: May 20, 2019 04:35

Cristiano Radtke
Hairball

Yes I know what you meant, but as I said it could be with the Stones or solo - even if it says "English band".
Keith could be in there under the guise of "English band" to throw people off while he's working on solo material.
That might be a stretch ha, but you never know what lengths people go to in order to be incognito or 'undercover'. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 04:36 by Hairball.

Date: May 20, 2019 04:40

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Hairball
I bet it's Stones and not solo.

Yes I know what you meant, but as I said it could be with the Stones or solo - even if it says "English band".
Keith could be in there under the guise of "English band" to throw people off while he's working on solo material.
That might be a stretch ha, but you never know what lengths people go to in order to be incognito or 'undercover'. smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 20, 2019 06:04

Hairball

I know you like Cross eyed Heart ... I appreciate it too. LOVE the 'Goodnight Irene' cover.... amazing.

However the recent interview with Don Was stated that he was to go into the studio with Keith for overdubs on the new Stones record in NYC the following week.

It is now the following week ...so it is what it is..

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 20, 2019 06:13

HMS
When they released the 40-Licks-sampler, they included 4 new songs. GRRR had at least 2 new songs. HONK has none.

They reportetly are recording every now and then for years and years now. They have 20 songs? And than they did not put one of them on HONK to make the album a bit more interesting? No... all they do have is "Western Grip pt. 1-20".
Statements from the likes of Don Was are only to keep fans and media interested to promote upcoming tours. We hear all that talking since I don´t know when (2015?). Mick may indeed have a lot of demos (or should we rather say "ideas"), but nobody in the band seems to like what he has to offer. Keith probably has nothing at all. It´s all talk talk talk to promote the next tour and all of this will continue in 2020, 2021, as long as they are able to continue touring. The new album is nothing but a bubble, imo.

Talking about a new record or material would not help sell any tour when there is not product to coincide.. if anything that approach would hurt the marketing of it because nothing like that is being delivered. At any rate and besides that matter .. The Stones do not have to release new material to sell any tour (haven't you noticed?).

The Stones are not booking studios and their Grammy award winning producer is not talking about the album because there is none Lol. Georgelicks isn't updating us onits progress and the Universal execs are not lying about it. The contract they took out for it isn't attached to a Unicorn.

The album .. while Slllllllooooooow is quite real .. and they are going to / sincerely planning on releasing it.

With respect and don't take this wrong ...but I'm really surprised people think this whole new album thing is some kind of crazy big hoax.... (lol?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 06:15 by IanBillen.

Date: May 20, 2019 06:15

IanBillen
Hairball

I know you like Cross eyed Heart ... I appreciate it too. LOVE the 'Goodnight Irene' cover.... amazing.

However the recent interview with Don Was stated that he was to go into the studio with Keith for overdubs on the new Stones record in NYC the following week.

It is now the following week ...so it is what it is..

The interview was done in late April (according to bye bye johnny), so it's actually several weeks after the fact.
For all we know Don Was could have come and gone, and maybe now Keith has the studio for himself and maybe Steve Jordan for some solo material.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 20, 2019 06:23

Extreme wishful thinking I know, but how cool would it be to get a number or two on this tour pre-release?
With Mick's tease about working on "new tunes", and this potential overdub/studio session, it's seriously raising my hopes.

"This next one is one from our new album which will be out in the fall..."

If they were to want to take advantage of the somewhat heightened media focus on the tour (well, Mick anyway) this would be a fantastic opportunity. And a real statement that neither Mick nor the Rolling Stones are finished quite yet. It would generate a lot of positive press I think.

Date: May 20, 2019 10:15

CJFP
bye bye johnny
Thanks. Maybe the gearheads will recognize something.

Possible Gear:
- On the rack:
• Dice, a Les Paul Jr. belonging to Keef
• A black Les Paul, Keef is known to own one
- In the back/behind the window:
• Dwight, a white Gibson ES
• A black Gibson ES

These are all simply guesses. I have no idea what it could be, however these guitars do look familiar. I have a strong feeling that this is Keith's setup.

More like two ES + one black Tele (to the left)?
Amp: His Champ (the little one).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 10:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 20, 2019 11:26

Monsoon Ragoon
CJFP
Maybe they'll try out some new songs on the tour, like they used to!!! Its all just wishful thinking now!

The only later to be released "outtakes" they ever played live since 1969 were Loving Cup (1969), Brown Sugar (1969/70), You Gotta Move (1970), Cherry Oh Baby (1975) and Worried About You (1977, some say also in San Antonio 1975).

Date: May 20, 2019 12:59

You Gotta Move was played in 1969. LARS was played in the summer of 1995, prior to the single release.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:33

I’ve thought for awhile this album is more complete than anyone is saying. I’m sure it will be out Xmas this year. We’ve been blessed with mini tours since 2013. Do we really think this is going to happen forever? In 1999 they did back to back shows. By 2002 there began at least 1 night or more off between shows. Then somewhere from let’s say 2014 it went from 2 days off to 3 days off with a show every 4th day. Yes they’re in better shape then us and yes they still put on the greatest show on earth. But to the average person under 40 they’re as irrelevant as dinosaurs bones. They’re last top ten single in USA was 30 years ago with Mixed Emotions. The stones to me are the greatest just as Sinatra was to my aging folks.
They will never have another huge single especially in America regardless how great the song is. The rest of the world is more opened to me Stones music. Blue and Lonesome did so well because they released it at the height of Xmas shopping. What do I get my 60 year old dad? He loves these old geezers. The cover is eye catching etc etc. Bottom line-the longer they wait the more irrelevant they get especially in USA regardless if it’s a sold out tour or not.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:35

They played Oh no not you again at Juilliard School before the album was out.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:37

And yes I still think the new album is going to be killer. It still won’t make them relevant to younger people.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:50

CJFP
Germano Studio just seems to have deleted their Instagram account. I cannot find it anywhere.

It's there. The photo's also back up, with a new caption - "Recording guitars in Studio 1, Germano Studios I The Hit Factory New York City"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 20, 2019 13:53

So..it looks like the old geezers got more tricks up their sleeves. Thats great. Hope they wont let Was overproduce the new songs. Got my fingers crossed.
Jeroen

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 20, 2019 14:19

Can't be Keith - where are the Jack Daniels bottles? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 20, 2019 14:21

New CD release during or after the upcoming US tour?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 20, 2019 14:25

Father Ted

Oh no,not that question again

It will be a long time till we will get it
I am afraid.. yes and it will be after the Us tour..maybe 1 year after.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 14:48 by runrudolph.

Date: May 20, 2019 16:41

You know, Georgelicks has been awfully quiet recently...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 20, 2019 16:55

Father Ted

If so, then the Mastertapes would have to be ready by now because it takes additional 8-12 weeks for Disc-Production, Marketing, Distribution and so on.

If there's really a new Studio-Album in 2019 then in time for Xmas.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:24

My main wish for the new album now is that it's mastered by somebody who knows what they're doing ...but I'm not holding my breath .

[Why an I so bothered about this ?

Because I've recently been re-acquainting myself with the last "new album", ABB.
After remastering to vinyl for the Abbey Road set with a lot less compression and lot more evident care....it sounds like a completely different record and much the better for it.

So much so that, for me at least, its still serving as "the new album" and will keep me amused for a bit longer....[ until the next one once again has me bemoaning the brick wall compression and lack of musicality in the sound]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-05-20 17:25 by Spud.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 20, 2019 17:49

DandelionPowderman
CJFP
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
CJFP
Maybe they'll try out some new songs on the tour, like they used to!!! Its all just wishful thinking now!

The only later to be released "outtakes" they ever played live since 1969 were Loving Cup (1969), Cherry Oh Baby (1975) and Worried About You (1977, some say also in San Antonio 1975).

Oh, No, Not You Again at the Julliard.

Okay, they played songs shortly before release. But that was it.
That's what I mean. They used to play songs live before they were released. Such as in 1969 they played Rambler, Live With Me, and some others that I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Prodigal Son, Gimmie Shelter, You Gotta Move, Love In Vain. BS at Altamont.

Prodigal Son was already released. Gimme Shelter, Live With Me and Midnight Rambler, Love In Vain and You Gotta Move had yet to be released.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...328329330331332333334335336337338...LastNext
Current Page: 333 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home