Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...317318319320321322323324325326327...LastNext
Current Page: 322 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2019 21:34

April 19 kordi

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 14, 2019 22:27

KRiffhard
georgelicks
I've been told about a new compilation about a year ago, all their previous compilations are all out of print, including Jump Back and Grrr, so this one is taking over. It's aimed for the US market, if we look at the Billboard 200 chart, about half of it are greatest hits compilations, including Hot Rocks at #183 this week, only one week away from the 300 weeks on chart.

The americans could care less about a new Rolling Stones album (or new stuff for any act over 45-50 years old), all they want is the Hot Rocks songs and a good t-shirt design to go on concerts. For even older fans, the physical target, you get 5 different overpriced versions of compilations and archive releases and they want all of them.

The duets live album was on plans too during 2014-2015 but it was shelved due to contractual problems with some of the guests (Taylor Swift, Kate Perry), it looks like some of it will be released now.

The new album won't be ready until next year, we migh get a new song live during the tour but I won't bet on it.

Sadly a new album is not their top priority, it will be ready eventually, but no one except die hard fans are losing any sleep about it.

Keep your expectations low.

I'm proud to be a "die hard fan" who wants original material (after 15 years) and not another usless compilation or the millionth live version of SMU and BS!!
I think there are many die hard fans around!

Absolutely agree with you KRiffhard thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2019 22:36

As had been mentioned several times in various threads, wondering how much time they spent in the studio fiddling around with the live tracks from HONK?!
Some of the time they were supposed to be working on the supposed new album, they could have been wasting precious time with overdubs, etc. on the new live tracks.
When Keith said "sounds great, working on it", was he referring to HONK?!!

Date: March 14, 2019 22:36

keithsman
KRiffhard
georgelicks
I've been told about a new compilation about a year ago, all their previous compilations are all out of print, including Jump Back and Grrr, so this one is taking over. It's aimed for the US market, if we look at the Billboard 200 chart, about half of it are greatest hits compilations, including Hot Rocks at #183 this week, only one week away from the 300 weeks on chart.

The americans could care less about a new Rolling Stones album (or new stuff for any act over 45-50 years old), all they want is the Hot Rocks songs and a good t-shirt design to go on concerts. For even older fans, the physical target, you get 5 different overpriced versions of compilations and archive releases and they want all of them.

The duets live album was on plans too during 2014-2015 but it was shelved due to contractual problems with some of the guests (Taylor Swift, Kate Perry), it looks like some of it will be released now.

The new album won't be ready until next year, we migh get a new song live during the tour but I won't bet on it.

Sadly a new album is not their top priority, it will be ready eventually, but no one except die hard fans are losing any sleep about it.

Keep your expectations low.

I'm proud to be a "die hard fan" who wants original material (after 15 years) and not another usless compilation or the millionth live version of SMU and BS!!
I think there are many die hard fans around!

Absolutely agree with you KRiffhard thumbs up

completely agreed.
we need to boycot this Honk Crap.
Jeroen

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 14, 2019 23:05

"completely agreed.
Jeroen"

It's a lot like the Malibu Stacey dolls on The Simpsons.

SMITHERS

"But she's got a new hat! I want it! I want it!"

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 14, 2019 23:11

Another compilation??? Have they re recorded their greatest hits??
I am a huge fan too. Any Rolling Stones new music Is wellcome. Even things like DW are Fine, maybe that's the reason de still tal about it, or about ABB, or about the gomper.....at least we have RS's stuff to talk about
If don't, we were talking about satisfaction and gimme shelter
I want more new original music

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 14, 2019 23:11

not even a new hat....absolutely OLD HAT

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 15, 2019 01:21

I'm not very interested in the latest Greatest Hits compilation either, but it might be a good way to re-introduce the Stones to a younger musical audience. It also might be a nice tie in to the US tour, and a nice appetizer for a new album sometime in October.

I can dream, can't I?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2019 07:33

dennycranium
"completely agreed.
Jeroen"

SMITHERS

Will not buy Honk

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 15, 2019 08:55

I am only interested in the live tracks of Honk.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 15, 2019 16:26

i have no interest in anything about Honk

Date: March 15, 2019 16:34

HONK .....Like hey ....here is a bunch of our great songs. We like them so much we wanted you to give them another listen....but no...no we will not play them live!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 15, 2019 16:49

What a crap thing. Disgusting

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 15, 2019 16:54

Easy money... effortlessly!

Date: March 15, 2019 17:03

yeah, this release wont do them much good, or give them more credibility.
we all know Jagger went to the School of Economics, this one is one from the old school.
very very sad really.

Jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 15, 2019 20:26

Grrrr and 40 licks are out of print already??, that says it all. Nothing but a money grab.....would rather have new studio cuts over the live cuts

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 15, 2019 20:33

bv
This thread is sticky for a while due to the fact that The Rolling Stones have been working with tracks for the new album now, ie. quite recently. Also, as Keith and Ronnie and others have stated, they have been working a week now and then on it, both in NYC and LA, recording, engineering, mixing.

Unlike giving birth to a new human being, which is an estimated nine months from idea until birth, a new Stones studio album does not follow such a predefined schedule.

They had to rush release "Anybody Seen My Baby", and give away song writing credits, due to time pressure. The release schedule of "A Bigger Bang" was defined while they were rehearsing for the tour in Toronto in the summer of 2005, and it was released a few weeks after tour start. Now they have all the experience they need NOT to stick to a fixed date for a while. The album will be ready when it is ready. Like Keith says: "We'll have it done this year, at some point".

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

You forgot "Honk"!!! winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 15, 2019 21:19

good to hear from bv that the window to the release of new stuff is still open. we'll see.
one thing that mick and keith and all the people around em seems to oversee is that the longer they wait and refrain from release the more will be the expectations and the severity of the judgement.
but yeah i forgot that it is all about marketing and cashing innthe right moment of the year..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 21:19 by maumau.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 15, 2019 22:34

KeithNacho
What a crap thing. Disgusting
another pile of shit. Get the new material guys. Wtf!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 16, 2019 00:42

True: driving today, directly in front of me, an old truck at a red light
Bumper sticker:
HONK!
If anything falls off.

:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-16 00:43 by 35love.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 16, 2019 02:02

mtaylor
dennycranium
"completely agreed.
Jeroen"

SMITHERS

Will not buy Honk

It's terrible in my opinion, the way the Stones are bowing out, one last cash grab after another.

Date: March 16, 2019 02:58

Okay. What does ‘out of print’ mean?
Is it a fact
their greatest hits collections (legit)
have all gone out of ‘print’
until
HONK
?

Date: March 16, 2019 03:00

35love
Okay. What does ‘out of print’ mean?
Is it a fact
their greatest hits collections (legit)
have all gone out of ‘print’
until
HONK
?

Yes or No
because if that is true,
then YES
they rightly should have 1 available.

Date: March 16, 2019 03:31

GRRR may be "out of print", but is still widely available - 2 cd set at 14.99 on Amazon (US). > GRRREGORY
40 Licks may also be "out of print" but is not as easy to find for cheap- Amazon currently showing $38+ for new, but can be bought for as low as $2.16 in good to very good condition.
Hot Rocks is not out of print, and is the only one that really matters.

HONK! ...............eye rolling smileythumbs downconfused smileygrinning smiley ...the best part of this comp. is the laugh I get whenever I think Honk!

Think Honk! It's a way of life...winking smiley

HONK! If you like the Stones!!!! thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 16, 2019 04:17

They missed off the s

Shonk

And Tempt ... It's a Con... Contempt

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-16 04:18 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 16, 2019 07:41

Hairball
GRRR may be "out of print", but is still widely available - 2 cd set at 14.99 on Amazon (US). > GRRREGORY
40 Licks may also be "out of print" but is not as easy to find for cheap- Amazon currently showing $38+ for new, but can be bought for as low as $2.16 in good to very good condition.

HONK! ...............eye rolling smileythumbs downconfused smileygrinning smiley ...the best part of this comp. is the laugh I get whenever I think Honk!

'Think Honk! It's a way of life' ... Hahahaha Lol (that's funny)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 16, 2019 13:34

Hairball

I thought Hot Rocks still featured in the top 200 Album Sales charts in the US?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-16 13:37 by jlowe.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: March 16, 2019 14:08

Hairball
As had been mentioned several times in various threads, wondering how much time they spent in the studio fiddling around with the live tracks from HONK?!
Some of the time they were supposed to be working on the supposed new album, they could have been wasting precious time with overdubs, etc. on the new live tracks.
When Keith said "sounds great, working on it", was he referring to HONK?!!

Yes I was hoping the stones we're finishing off the new studio album recently.

But now it's as you say probably doing overdubs on the live tracks of honk.

Sighs...

Date: March 16, 2019 18:24

jlowe
Hairball

I thought so also, hence "the only one that really matters".

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 16, 2019 20:11

Hairball
jlowe
Hairball

I thought so also, hence "the only one that really matters".

Makes you wonder why 40 Licks is no longer in circulation.
It's a very good attempt at drawing on all parts of the group's career...and still seems relevant today.
Perhaps it's because of the nature of the 'joint venture' with the various parties?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...317318319320321322323324325326327...LastNext
Current Page: 322 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home