Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...312313314315316317318319320321322...LastNext
Current Page: 317 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 03:41

Ho-Hum? Another Stones compilation? Perhaps with the obligatory one or two new "HITS" they've spent the last 14 years honing in the studio. I am a bit over the constant money grabs. Sorry it's how I feel. Good grief. Rubbish. I am so disappointed in them. Beyond words at this point. I honestly fail to see how any of us can be excited by H and the hinted at content. It's just such a let down and surely WE as, I would say, their superfans, should not disguise our contempt at their contempt.

Rod

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 12, 2019 03:58

I don't know who on earth would buy a 'new' hits compilation! All of us oldies have all the tracks (many times over) and the young 'uns just listen to stuff on Spotify, YouTube etc...

I still like the EP idea - kind of retro, and just dropping them on social media would be a nice present-day touch too.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 12, 2019 04:07

Dear Advertising People:
It may be interesting to note
Not everyone automatically hits ‘play’
on what ‘you’ send.
In fact, maybe 1/2 don’t?
Something to consider-

Oh Greatest Hits is for when.... you know.... when the casual public gets gutted,
Do I have to point it out
Sales run on greatest hits at certain times
Steely Dan, Tom Petty.
Why let the wrecka companies oops wreckastow day (Prince) get all the cash :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 04:07 by 35love.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 12, 2019 04:52

BV states The Stones are in LA and NYC not just recording but mixing as well.

They probably got the major portion of it (album) done .. Why do I think that?

How many songs and mixes can they do? If you look back at the Time is On Our Side Data base they say over and over we just got out of the studio or we did some work on it recently etc. etc. They have had several sessions over the last three years or so ... It's the longest Rolling Stones album recording progress as far as time is concerned by far.

As I said before .. I am sure they have loads of songs .. I would think that if by now they don't have a solid hang on a load of stuff it would be hopeless. They would of given up ship a long while back if no promise was being shown.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:02

If all that is true Ian, why would they release another Greatest Hits compilation?
We don't know for a fact that's what this new video teaser is all about, but if you recall georgelicks did mention that as a possibility some time back.
Seems if the new album is having problems and is behind schedule again (which wouldn't be surprising), maybe they decided screw it for now...let's release a compilation to cash in on the tour.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:07

IanBillen

As I said before .. I am sure they have loads of songs .. I would think that if by now they don't have a solid hang on a load of stuff it would be hopeless. They would of given up ship a long while back if no promise was being shown.

And as I said before, if they can't get a new album out after 14 years, but instead roll out H with a couple of new tunes, they are purely nostalgia act. Pity. And H with nothing new... Worse.

Rod

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:18

One letter. H. Why does it automatically stand for “hits”? A good portion of the song titles within that H were just minor hits. If they are the track list, it won’t sell much. I’m waiting for another letter personally. Keith Richards is co-owner of this brand. Just an H might stand for heroin.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:33

Hairball
If all that is true Ian, why would they release another Greatest Hits compilation?
We don't know for a fact that's what this new video teaser is all about, but if you recall georgelicks did mention that as a possibility some time back.
Seems if the new album is having problems and is behind schedule again (which wouldn't be surprising), maybe they decided screw it for now...let's release a compilation to cash in on the tour.

For record store day .. just to put out there. It won't be close to the release of a new album .. and the new album is not quite finished anyway most likely (though I think they got plenty done on it). This little compilation nugget will have no impact or interference on a new Stones release .. and will soon be forgotten. Isn't gonna steal any spot light, or sales from a new album release in the fall by any means if the new album comes then .. So I think the release of this has no influence on the state of the new album or any relation to the state of the album. Whether they had a new album coming or not .. this would happen IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 05:35 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2019 06:55

IanBillen
Hairball

For record store day .. just to put out there. It won't be close to the release of a new album .. and the new album is not quite finished anyway most likely (though I think they got plenty done on it). This little compilation nugget will have no impact or interference on a new Stones release .. and will soon be forgotten. Isn't gonna steal any spot light, or sales from a new album release in the fall by any means if the new album comes then .. So I think the release of this has no influence on the state of the new album or any relation to the state of the album. Whether they had a new album coming or not .. this would happen IMO.

As far as what we know, the release for record store day is the She's A Rainbow single.
This "little compilation nugget" as you call is a whole different story, and the fact is we really don't know if that's the plan.
Seems like a possibility, but we will have to await more clues to know for sure.

And I see your still hellbent on the new album being released in the fall lol. While it would be fantastic, I'm not so sure if we can really count on it that soon.

To quote georgelicks: "Keep your expectations low, very low, that's all I can say, or you'll be very disappointed".

And: "We have a long way to go until we see the album out, the band won't release it until they are 100% satisfied with the material"

So if this new compilation has at least one new tune on it, all I can say is ONE is better than NONE, and anything beyond that is not guaranteed - in other words the future's still uncertain.
But then there's the chance the compilation will have no new tunes at all...very sad if that's the case, but at least we have Keith's Talk is Cheap bonus material to look forward to. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 06:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 12, 2019 07:44

"Mick and I got together the last few months with (producer) Don Was in the studio, and we’ve been knocking up some ideas. We want to do some more sessions, but not sure when. We might do something in February and March. It’s progressing. All I can say, there are a couple of nice things happening, with the promise of a lot more, and we’re having fun doing it. We get together, and it’s always, ‘Got anything new?’ ‘Did anything else occur?’ And a couple of songs always pop up"

[www.chicagotribune.com] ... story.html

Greatest hits with 2 new songs??

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 12, 2019 07:48

rogerriffin
We have now one "O" and one "H"...

= OH, no – another greatest hits compliation…

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 12, 2019 07:51

slewan
rogerriffin
We have now one "O" and one "H"...

= OH, no – another greatest hits compliation…

thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 12, 2019 09:27

Sorry but how do we know She's a Rainbow is from Paris 2017? Didn't see that one coming, wonder whose idea it was!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2019 10:20

I just love that pre-tour excitement. And it will be great to go into a store and buy a new release. I dont care if it is just greatest hits. The boys will probably be around for just a few more years and I want to be part of it as much as possible.

Plus I really like the design of the letter H. I hope the shirts for the tour will look great.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2019 10:44

gotdablouse
Sorry but how do we know She's a Rainbow is from Paris 2017? Didn't see that one coming, wonder whose idea it was!

The Stones said so on Facebook:
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 12, 2019 11:00

schwonek
gotdablouse

The Stones said so on Facebook:
[www.facebook.com]

And on their own website... [www.rollingstones.com]-

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 12, 2019 12:05

Looking for an M and E next

HOme run - Stones Live in the UK 2018

All shows would be nice box set dvd or cd

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 12, 2019 14:19

Hairball

GRRR included two new tracks. Maybe they'll repeat that formula with a new compilation? The new album has been so long coming, it kind of suggests they're not that motivated.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 14:49

The Songs in the "H" are all songs they played live since 2016. I bet it will be a new Live Album in the No Security Style. I hope so!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:10

Father Ted

GRRR included two new tracks. Maybe they'll repeat that formula with a new compilation?

I guess that too. Sony Music for instance released in 2018 with 'Planet Jarre: 50 Years of Music' the umpteenth Compilation of French Electronic Musician J.-M. Jarre -- it contained 40 Tracks from the past 50 years plus one Track from his upcoming Studio-Album. It was advertised as a link between the past and the future.

So 'GRRR!' (2 new Tracks) and 'Forty Licks' (4 new Tracks) are not the only ones ....

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:16

We had G..R..R..R..!

Now maybe H..I..P..P..O..!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:26

hockenheim95
The Songs in the "H" are all songs they played live since 2016. I bet it will be a new Live Album in the No Security Style. I hope so!

Hot stuff was played live???
jeroen

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:29

It's HONK

CD Honk (Limited Edition) di Rolling Stones

Search for it in Google , and you'll find an Italian link ...( not working yet)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-12 15:46 by Lien.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:49

H..O..N..K..!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 12, 2019 15:50

Lien

It's HONK

Hell Of New Kompilation ?? .... grinning smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 16:24

runrudolph
hockenheim95

Hot stuff was played live???
jeroen

Forgot to read that Song - @#$%&. If it is not a rehearsal track it will be a comp

Date: March 12, 2019 16:37

Pretty sure t will be a compilation album. Just hope they put some stuff on it, thats interesting !!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 12, 2019 16:56

From Chuck Leavell's interview with Matt Wake of al.com, published 3/11:

What's the latest you can tell us about the upcoming Stones studio album the band's been working on for a while? Will any outtakes from the last record, (blues covers LP) "Blue & Lonesome," appear on this new release, you think?

I don’t think there are any outtakes from that session or record that would be used. I think the band is keen to do all new material. You know, I’ve only had one, I think, two-week session with the guys - I know that there has been other recording without me being there and I think there’s also songs that are still being written, quite frankly. It’s difficult for me to give you a big picture, because I just haven’t heard it other than the sessions I was involved in. But I love the fact the guys want to do new music, and I think they’re very keen to take their time and make sure what they are working on is going to be special, so I have no doubt it will be a good record.

[www.al.com]

Date: March 12, 2019 17:08

bye bye johnny
From Chuck Leavell's interview with Matt Wake of al.com, published 3/11:

What's the latest you can tell us about the upcoming Stones studio album the band's been working on for a while? Will any outtakes from the last record, (blues covers LP) "Blue & Lonesome," appear on this new release, you think?

I don’t think there are any outtakes from that session or record that would be used. I think the band is keen to do all new material. You know, I’ve only had one, I think, two-week session with the guys - I know that there has been other recording without me being there and I think there’s also songs that are still being written, quite frankly. It’s difficult for me to give you a big picture, because I just haven’t heard it other than the sessions I was involved in. But I love the fact the guys want to do new music, and I think they’re very keen to take their time and make sure what they are working on is going to be special, so I have no doubt it will be a good record.

[www.al.com]

Unlikely he will say its gonna be a shitty album, is he??
jeroen

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 12, 2019 17:19

is that really your take away?....damn.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...312313314315316317318319320321322...LastNext
Current Page: 317 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home