Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...310311312313314315316317318319320...LastNext
Current Page: 315 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 10, 2019 05:21

CJFP
Are they going into the studio again, or is Keith referring to the time in January?

I think he was referring to the most recent studio sessions in LA. georgelicks said they have more studio time booked for after the tour in late August or September. If that's the case, and it's for mixing and overdubbing, than I can see a December release for this year. If it's more recording sessions where they're still working on material, I'd look at a Spring 2020 release, but as we know at this point, it could end up being later. Does anyone else feel like 2020 is a good looking year for this album to come out? Quote me on this, 100% this album will come out in 2020.

I have a REALLY good feeling this album will be solid. Remember, previous albums from STEEL WHEELS to A BIGGER BANG were all rushed recordings because they needed to make a deadline for each world tour. This time there's no rush, and so many people on here point that out to be a negative, when it's actually an extreme positive. They tour about 15 dates a year, work on the album for a few weeks a few times a year, and they have breathing room to focus and get it right even with the disagreements involved. When this album comes out, I think everyone in the band will be pleased with the results. Recording started on December 9th, 2015...3 years & 3 months in the making. Guys, we've made it this long waiting, think another 9 months to a year and this album will be done. We're almost there.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 10, 2019 12:01

Does anyone know why this thread became a sticky again? BV? Is there any significant development? It seemed to me over the last few days that this thread was at its lowest ebb.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 10, 2019 12:20

Maybe something has changed. I guess Bjornulf could shed some light on this..Please..
Jeroen

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 10, 2019 14:27

i'll take mine with some jump boogie blues incorporated into an original or cover.
that's the Stones pumpin' thang. this will be a groover and a mover;
it will be exciting; it won't be hard to get thru it will be listenable all through.
and good original rock and roll with soulful feel;
they doin' it. somebody should deadline them at some point;
even if it's Mick and Keith themselves,
because when those two do agree on something, well guess who's sorry he went there.
are tickets goin' good or slowish.
it's usually slowish cause people wait for price drops?
if they were dead slow maybe they'd throw us a single, or gasp, a double-sided single. if they still make those.
we can see w the MOJO piece that the press is starting to ratchet up;
and it will be pervasive and top notch professional like a big movie opening...
.,.lots of 'tie in's and stuff. it's exciting to have them here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-10 14:30 by hopkins.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 10, 2019 17:29

peoplewitheyes
Does anyone know why this thread became a sticky again? BV? Is there any significant development? It seemed to me over the last few days that this thread was at its lowest ebb.

that's why it was made a sticky. so it didn't leave the front page. the news item about going into the studio in LA last month was all prospective, an old quote from a new article, nothing about what was done. no news.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 10, 2019 19:12

Rockfan, that doesn't make much sense... If there's no news, why would it matter if it dropped off the front page?

Let it lie (or die!) until there's actually some kind of development.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 10, 2019 19:19

Better close it already, there won't be coming anything until late 2019, if that. But I am sure that we manage to fill another 315 pages with nothing!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 10, 2019 19:57

IanBillen
Hairball
Maindefender
marquess
Episode 314 - A New Hope

Lol cue up the Star Wars theme music.

smiling smiley

If it gets to Episode 500, have to play the Rocky theme.

Rocky Theme Song (1 Hour Loop)

IKR!! Hahahah!! Should be playing right NOW for f**s sake Lol

Anyway I really wouldn't get my hopes up. I mean .. we've had this happen a few times .. and it was supposed to be released in 17 ... then 18 ... and here we are in 2019. Isn't gonna happen any time real soon we all know that. Fall .. Hope for mid fall.

Don't Stop Believin'

winking smiley

Date: March 10, 2019 20:14

FALL 2021.
jeroen

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 10, 2019 21:18

I reckon '2020' will be used by many Acts as an album title next year.
Corny, I know...but it's only....show biz.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 11, 2019 01:03

peoplewitheyes

Have a look at the news page.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 11, 2019 07:22

JordyLicks96
I can't believe this is a Sticky thread again lol. They're working on it, they'll work on it again after the tour and hopefully finish it this year for a late fall 2019 or early 2020 release. Until then let's get excited for the tour starting in a little over a months time.

Do you know (have you heard) this is the projected time frame for release or is this an assumption? Jus curious.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2019 14:12

This thread is sticky for a while due to the fact that The Rolling Stones have been working with tracks for the new album now, ie. quite recently. Also, as Keith and Ronnie and others have stated, they have been working a week now and then on it, both in NYC and LA, recording, engineering, mixing.

Unlike giving birth to a new human being, which is an estimated nine months from idea until birth, a new Stones studio album does not follow such a predefined schedule.

They had to rush release "Anybody Seen My Baby", and give away song writing credits, due to time pressure. The release schedule of "A Bigger Bang" was defined while they were rehearsing for the tour in Toronto in the summer of 2005, and it was released a few weeks after tour start. Now they have all the experience they need NOT to stick to a fixed date for a while. The album will be ready when it is ready. Like Keith says: "We'll have it done this year, at some point".

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 16:28 by bv.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 11, 2019 14:34

Amazing Bjornulf

now I'm thinking one new track per show = a new 16 track cd!

they could throw in a free live dvd of all the new tracks to help push cd sales

it would be another first for the boys....what a marketing ploy I should be on commision, whats 2.5% of 3 million sales at $15 per pop

Stones management feel free to post a replygrinning smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 14:39

That would be great, but would it be a good move marketing-wise?
If the Stones break in the news of the new album by playing a song in the upcoming tour in April, the exitement for new music may be a bit lower when they actually release it in the fall or late 2019 which could influence the sales.

The strategy of the Stone around announcing tours and Blue And Lonesome was quite the same over the last years, they start hyping a then secret subject for one or two weeks and let the social media and newspapers speculate and then officially anncounce the subject.
That creates a lot of "free advertisement" space for them as many will report about them.

I have the feeling they want to release this album with a bang again. But it would be great anyway if they tried one out this summer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 14:40 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 11, 2019 14:39

bv
This thread is sticky for a while due to the fact that The Rolling Stones have been working with tracks for the new album now, ie. quite recently. Also, as Keith and Ronnie and others have stated, they have been working a week now and then on it, both in NYC and LA, recording, engineering, mixing.

Unlike giving birth to a new human being, which is an estimated nine months from idea until birth, a new Stones studio album does not follow such a predefined schedule.

They had to rush release "Anybody Seen My Baby", and give away song writing credits, due to time pressure. The release schedule of "A Bigger Bang" was defined while they were rehearsing for the tour in Toronto in the summer of 2005, and it was released a few weeks after tour start. Now they have all the experience they need NOT to stick to a fixed date for a while. The album will be ready when it is ready. Like Keith says: "We'll have it done this year, at some point".

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or more new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them all through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

thumbs up
cool.
that's the first time i heard a Keith quote, or any of them,
actually stating that there would be a 2019 release.
good news.
!
_____

i did predict here a few days ago,
(tho it didn't take a rocket scientist to work it out),
that they would premiere a new original on this tour,
tho i didn't predict a release date at all.
i'm stickin' w that. I'm exicted about the new release in a positive way.
tho i've been Very critical of Don Was and etc...
i think this is gonna be a wonderful record.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 14:54 by hopkins.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 14:42

Here's Hoping Don Was get's Bob Weir to play with the Stones after they finish the Wolf Bros tour in March w/ a few shows at the Blue Note in NYC.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 11, 2019 15:05

Thanks BV. Enjoy another wonderful US tour!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 11, 2019 15:05

bv

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or more new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them all through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

thumbs up

Date: March 11, 2019 15:29

Lets not be too optimistic. remember what georgelicks has stated..that they are still not satisfied with the recent recordings and that new studio time has been booked for late august/september.

Myself, i dont believe in a release this year. maybe next year.

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 15:32 by runrudolph.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 11, 2019 16:43

chrism13
Here's Hoping Don Was get's Bob Weir to play with the Stones after they finish the Wolf Bros tour in March w/ a few shows at the Blue Note in NYC.

Why?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 11, 2019 17:21

Oh, I hope they do what you say BV.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: March 11, 2019 17:25

bv

If they feel good about it - during the spring rehearsals - then we might get one or two new songs in Miami April 20. If they work out great then we might even get them through the tour, and an en entire new self-penned studio album out later this year.

That's great news. Spring really seems to be on the way.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 11, 2019 17:29

Wait. I read this a little fast. The stones are going to play one new cut each show on the tour and then release the new album, which Bob Weir is on, at the end of the tour?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 17:46

IanBillen
JordyLicks96
I can't believe this is a Sticky thread again lol. They're working on it, they'll work on it again after the tour and hopefully finish it this year for a late fall 2019 or early 2020 release. Until then let's get excited for the tour starting in a little over a months time.

Do you know (have you heard) this is the projected time frame for release or is this an assumption? Jus curious.

Oh it's 100% an assumption. Just based on all the statements I've read about the album, it sounds like they're closer to finishing it this year. Luckily, bv gave us some new hope that we can get 1 or 2 new songs played during the tour which would be AMAZING.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 11, 2019 17:50

Bob Weir will become a new member of the Rolling Stones?!grinning smiley

Hoping (seemingly against the odds) for a new tune for the tour, though bv's post is intriguing.
What began last year as the thought of a new album prior to the new tour, devolved into the hope of an EP prior to the tour, which then dwindled down to a single new tune prior to the tour.
If none of that happens, maybe another blues cover from B&L they haven't played yet? There's bound to be something "special" that separates this leg of No Filter from the previous two...maybe the inclusion of Bob Weir? lol

Date: March 11, 2019 18:07

georgelicks, please put this straight and all the people steady n the ground.
it will be a long time coming...
Nothing is sure. I dont want to contradict Bjornulf, but Keef n Mick still dont run smoothly it seems.
Jeroen

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: March 11, 2019 19:03

New compilation?

[www.facebook.com]

The "H" is from HITS??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-11 19:04 by rogerriffin.

Date: March 11, 2019 19:07

Hours??

Date: March 11, 2019 19:08

Here we are..the Stones..
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...310311312313314315316317318319320...LastNext
Current Page: 315 of 704

This Thread has been closed