Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...307308309310311312313314315316317...LastNext
Current Page: 312 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 4, 2019 19:45

it has surely been discussed before, but could the album title be "Chinese Democracy II the Return" ?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 4, 2019 22:49

Oh how I miss the time that this thread was sticky!

Date: March 4, 2019 22:49

Also, anything from Rocky, BV or Georgelicks?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 4, 2019 22:58

As this thread has referred to the demise of the album,on many occasions, in terms of relevance and income, I read today that the soundtrack album of the new Quenn film has sold nearly 6 million units worldwide.
So ....the death of albums is, er,...exaggerated.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 4, 2019 23:13

jlowe
As this thread has referred to the demise of the album,on many occasions, in terms of relevance and income, I read today that the soundtrack album of the new Quenn film has sold nearly 6 million units worldwide.

Queen's catalog sales since October are close to 6 million copies worldwide, but that's including streaming points (1500 streams = 1 sale).
The soundtrack has sold 2.2 million, about 50% of that is streaming points.
Pure sales must be under 2 million at most, and that's including their whole catalog.

Date: March 4, 2019 23:27

CJFP

There's nothing new to report and there won't be nothing new to report in months, they are still working on the album and they'll keep working on it until its done, you can ask the same question tomorrow or in 4 months and the answer will be the same.

The band has sessions booked after the tour, late August or September, that's the word on Universal, they'll keep working on it with no deadline in sight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-05 00:00 by georgelicks.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 4, 2019 23:28

georgelicks
jlowe

Queen's catalog sales since October are close to 6 million copies worldwide, but that's including streaming points (1500 streams = 1 sale).
The soundtrack has sold 2.2 million, about 50% of that is streaming points.
Pure sales must be under 2 million at most, and that's including their whole catalog.

I was quoting a Daily Express article, which stated the film had made, so far,£652million at the box office....and 5 million sales world wide...but I will defer to your more reliable sources!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2019 23:32

MOJO 305 -- April 2019 ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 4, 2019 23:49

Trying to read between the lines, the Keith quote above suggests they kind of brought the pre-blues album proceedings to a halt and considered (or maybe even went for) a quite different approach post-blues album. Maybe they really went back to square one. Yet it's hard to believe (for me at least) that whatever they came (or will come) up with wouldn't sound like the Stones in the end.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 4, 2019 23:52

"So it's all in it's early stages..."

STILL IN IT'S EARLY STAGES?!!

georgelicks
The band has sessions booked after the tour, late August or September, that's the word on Universal, they'll keep working on it with no deadline in sigh.

I realize that's a typo, but quite an appropriate typo.

Charlie Brown upon learning the new album is still in it's early stages, and with no deadline in sight...

Date: March 5, 2019 00:09

Yes, it was a typo, sorry about that.

We have a long way to go until we see the album out, the band won't release it until they are 100% satisfied with the material, they were not happy with ABB at the end, so no matter how long it takes with the new one.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 5, 2019 01:14

Still in early stages lol.

Date: March 5, 2019 01:29

georgelicks
CJFP

There's nothing new to report and there won't be nothing new to report in months, they are still working on the album and they'll keep working on it until its done, you can ask the same question tomorrow or in 4 months and the answer will be the same.

The band has sessions booked after the tour, late August or September, that's the word on Universal, they'll keep working on it with no deadline in sight.
Thanks mate!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 01:39

It's honestly not surprising anymore at this point that they're still working on the album. Knowing that, I think we should all just listen to georgelicks, everybody go on with their lives and we'll check back in with this album in another half year when the band goes in the studio to work on it again because there's nothing else to talk for now and in the near future. Let's just turn our attention to tour rehearsals starting up soon and in another month and a half, they'll be on the road again and I'm SO looking forward to seeing them for the third time in June. At some point down the road, we'll all have a new Stones album in our hands, and this whole thread will be a silly memory. Patience is the kind of medication we all need to take. thumbs up

Date: March 5, 2019 01:45

Rome wasn't built in a day …..

…………………………..…. Some French guy

ROCKMAN

Date: March 5, 2019 03:56

UNCUT 263 -- April 2019

ROCKMAN

Date: March 5, 2019 05:22

"I don't think there should be any time limit on that" - Keith

No of course not, but.................

It's been nearly 15 years since ABB - most bands form, peak, and breakup in that time spam - sometimes much less!
Led Zeppelin for example. Or look at the Beatles and all they contributed to the world of music in their short lifespan.
And consider the Stones output in their first 15 years...from the beginning all the way up to Some Girls!

But yeah, no rush and no time limit...take your sweet time, most of us will still be around to appreciate it.

Would the year 2021 be asking too much? Maybe 2022?

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 5, 2019 05:59

Hairball

It's been nearly 15 years since ABB - most bands form, peak, and breakup in that time spam - sometimes much less!
Led Zeppelin for example. Or look at the Beatles and all they contributed to the world of music in their short lifespan.
And consider the Stones output in their first 15 years...from the beginning all the way up to Some Girls!

But yeah, no rush and no time limit...take your sweet time, most of us will still be around to appreciate it.

I think Keith may of been referring to the life of the band in general whenhe mentioned that there shouldn't be a time limit on that.

Still .. I am with you. Early stages ... F**G really? Are we talking about the early stages again .. after like 4 years? Really guys?? In a sense it's becoming a joke ..and on the other hand it's irritating / frustrating.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 5, 2019 06:08

2023. I’m still sticking with “New Stones album for 2023.”

Date: March 5, 2019 06:30

IanBillen
Hairball

I think Keith may of been referring to the life of the band in general whenhe mentioned that there shouldn't be a time limit on that.

Still .. I am with you. Early stages ... F**G really? Are we talking about the early stages again .. after like 4 years? Really guys?? In a sense it's becoming a joke ..and on the other hand it's irritating / frustrating.

He could have been, but when read in the context of the paragraph - talking about the new album - seems he was referring to the creative process itself.
That said, I suppose it could refer to both, but no matter...."early stages" with no deadline in sight.... eye rolling smiley ...it's enough to drive one batty...sigh...
bam might be correct with his 2023 prediction above, but I'm still holding on to the hope for the new album as early as 2021 or 2022.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2019 09:01

I am giving up on the new album. Yeah. Let Keef start doing some songs wuth Steve and release the bugger. New Stones album might take another 2 years.
Jeroen

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 5, 2019 09:35

Hairball

Now that I see/read it again - weren't the early stages already discussed a few pages back? Was that the same interview or a different one?

re: sigh: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 5, 2019 09:54

doitywoik
Hairball

Now that I see/read it again - weren't the early stages already discussed a few YEARS back? Was that the same interview or a different one?

re: sigh: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I fixed that for ya

Rod

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 5, 2019 11:25

Maybe they are woking on 2 or 3 albums in a row to be released in the future

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: March 5, 2019 11:32

KeithNacho
Maybe they are woking on 2 or 3 albums in a row to be released in the future

Yes like a trilogy lol, or a double album perhaps ??

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2019 11:54

I guess they wanna save songs to bereleased in 20 or 30 years.so that their children will have some money in case they die.
Jeroen

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 5, 2019 12:17

Are the management teams co-ordinating the releases?

last year mccartney (eygpt) & Clapton (xmas),

this year The who and Dylan,

leaving 2020 clear for the stones.......and Ringo who turns 80 in July 2020!!

maybe the session left overs will morph into Mick n Keith solo Albums

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 5, 2019 12:17

runrudolph
I guess they wanna save songs to bereleased in 20 or 30 years.so that their children will have some money in case they die.
Jeroen

In case they die ?

Do you think they might not ? confused smiley

...but I think the kids are plenty taken care of already ....even at the rate Mick breeds at grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-05 12:47 by Spud.

Date: March 5, 2019 12:30

Maybe they'll release the new tracks
as a series of 78rpm vinyl singles …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 5, 2019 14:23

runrudolph
I am giving up on the new album. Yeah. Let Keef start doing some songs wuth Steve and release the bugger. New Stones album might take another 2 years.
Jeroen

Yep, a Keith Richards solo album is always a quick deal, Steve and Keef are so fast together. The last time it took just 23 years. That's nothing.

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...307308309310311312313314315316317...LastNext
Current Page: 312 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home