Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...306307308309310311312313314315316...LastNext
Current Page: 311 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 3, 2019 03:25

Without being too macabre, I do have a real suspicion that they are waiting until there are but 3 Rolling Stones until they release this album. That would maximise sales, ensuring greater revenue (and reviews, I suspect) for the surviving members, and with an eye on onward earnings for their heirs.

Am I the only one who dares voice this thought?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-03 03:58 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 3, 2019 03:49

peoplewitheyes
Without being too macabre, I do have a real suspicion that they are waiting until there are but 3 Rolling Stones until they release this album. That would maximise sales, ensuring greater revenue and (reviews, I suspect) for the surviving members, and with an eye on onward earnings for their heirs.

Normally a simple "Yes" answer would imply a bit of sarcasm while acknowledging that perhaps a few others do.

But, Imma go out on a limb (also knowing that someone will agree with you just for spite) and say with no hint of sarcasm whatsoever...

Yes.
Yes you are.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: March 3, 2019 05:53

Hairball
Ian Billen
I don't see how Hairball can be ok with projecting a 2021-2022 release (and he is actually serious lol) .. and willing to be fine with it if need be. That's crazy. I tell ya ...He has the patience of a Saint ... bless his soul.

I am half serious about 2021-2022, and am half willing to be fine with it if that's how long it takes. In other words I have mixed feelings about it all, but what can anyone do about it?
Coming up on 15 LONG years without an album of originals, you sort of get used to it...eye rolling smiley...but 2021-2022 will be here in the blink of an eye. It could be sooner or it could be later...hell if I know (nobody knows!), but I'll continue to look forward to it. At the snails pace they're working though, we could still be here as grumpy old men rehashing the same things we've been doing for 310 pages while still waiting and wondering about a new album! And Keith will still be telling us through interview snippets "working on it, sounds great..." grinning smiley

Meanwhile. there's always plenty of good old Stones albums to enjoy. I'm in the process of going through their catalogue again semi-chronologically slowly but surely from the very beginning up to Undercover,
mixed in with some essential boots and all of Keith's solo albums. Unbelievable how much great material they've produced, and it helps to ease the frustration of yearning for a new Stones album that's due out in 2023 lol.winking smiley

rbp
They could play a couple of songs off the new album on tour even if they haven't been released yet. That would be cool and a big surprise for fans.

Yes...please. thumbs up

Hairball wrote in response to his patience to no new Stones album news or the possibility of it taking even longer yet: 'but what can anyone do about it?'

No I kno, my comrade .. I've always understood that. We can cry and bitch and moan but what good does that do? We have no control over any of it and being distraught won't get us any news, or the album done any faster or slower .. in fact.. they may have no clue about our perception and even if they did .. would it truly make a diff either way? Some may even consider the pissing and moaning 'baby-fied' .. Absolutely I've always understood and always got all that (all 300 pages through).

HOWEVER .. I look at it like this .. heck I'm allowed to bitch .. I've spent thousands on them ...saw em live within the double digits .. preached about their greatness since I was 10 or 11. I can bitch about it .. I can bitch about them ... isn't like it's not true and besides ...it's in my Constitution! (har-har) ... I feel better when I vent dammit (... someone's gotta say something Ha). It's sort of like someone placing an 900 pound boulder on my foot.. Hey .. I know I can't do anything about it .. but I cannot (and won't) ignore it's there! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-03 06:48 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 3, 2019 07:29

Ian Billen
HOWEVER .. I look at it like this .. heck I'm allowed to bitch ..

Yes Ian I agree with that to an extent - bitching and moaning is a sign of a loyal fan who cares deeply about the band they love.
In fact, if I was given a dollar for every time I've bitched or moaned about the Stones, I'd be a millionaire several times over. grinning smiley
They should be thankful they have fans who are as dedicated as some of us are...spending so much of our precious time toiling over an album that doesn't even exist yet!!

Date: March 3, 2019 08:52

Hairball
Ian Billen
HOWEVER .. I look at it like this .. heck I'm allowed to bitch ..

Yes Ian I agree with that to an extent - bitching and moaning is a sign of a loyal fan who cares deeply about the band they love.
In fact, if I was given a dollar for every time I've bitched or moaned about the Stones, I'd be a millionaire several times over. grinning smiley
They should be thankful they have fans who are as dedicated as some of us are...spending so much of our precious time toiling over an album that doesn't even exist yet!!

Ikr .. I can dig it. Still Don't get / take me wrong .. I am sure they certainly care what their fans think and what the public perception is of them is these days .. However at this point they are like .. >> 'Look .. we've always cared but at the same time we did things 'mostly' our way in the past. We are in our mid seventies now .. and sure .. we still care about it all .. we still very much care how we are perceived too .. BUT we do everything our way now .. at the pace that suites us .. be it fast or slow .. because we deserve that privilege ... and because we are conscious of our age ... (and fortunately because we simply 'can'). We care very much but at the same time we don't and can't worry now .. we live 100% for us and do things 100% at the pace that suites us now .. sorry folks but that's the way it is at this juncture << That's honestly how I think the Stones feel about any criticism that they may hear about now-a-days.

Either way ... Let's be real .. they receive very little criticism today from the press (strange turn around from their past innit?). Almost all their criticism these days comes from their most loyal, loving fans in little corners of the planet like iorr.org Ha. Strange but true. Like I said before ... Hell .. someones gotta do it .. grinning smiley

Cheers Mate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-03 09:02 by IanBillen.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: March 3, 2019 10:36

Please stop this 300 pages of air. It is not worthy. When the album arrive welcome it and enyoy but this ridicolous talking go nowhere.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 3, 2019 10:53

"wanna tell you the truth"........ok, who is Miss Chantoicy??
And BTW, when is going to be released this suppossed, awaited album??

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 3, 2019 12:10

...maybe!!
[members.tripod.com]

Date: March 3, 2019 13:16

IanBillen
Palace Revolution 2000
For over 300 pages you been carrying the torch, Ian. Don't give up now. You're like Ali at the '96 Olympics: battered, but proud, and ultimately in triumph, LOL. You will win in the end.
The only common denom-inator in this mountain. You might get a name who hangs with you for 50 pages or so, and then gives up. But like I said a while back: when the album finally does come out, it better read a "Thanks to Ian Billen" in those credits.

PS on a completely different note: why insist on chatoyancy's identity?
Apologies Ian - I know it wasn't you asking about chatoyaNCY - I just din t want to start a new post.

Lol ... Well thanks mate... I wish I could reap in some of the sale dolla's from it! grinning smiley

I was never insisting or prying on Ms. Chatoyancy's identity at all. I didn't even care of she was manor woman (it just came out bc I took it for grant it she was a male in the beginning.. that was my fault). She's here and comments and that's plenty cool enough for me. I initially thought that 'SHE' mentioned her name was 'Jane' (it was someone else). So I was just responding as in 'Jane huh .. ? Interesting' .. and then I moved on.

Cheers!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2019 14:55

So whats the date that they have booked studio time again. I guess they will have 4 weeks holiday after the tour.
So likely half september???
Jeroen

Date: March 3, 2019 21:32

peoplewitheyes
Without being too macabre, I do have a real suspicion that they are waiting until there are but 3 Rolling Stones until they release this album. That would maximise sales, ensuring greater revenue (and reviews, I suspect) for the surviving members, and with an eye on onward earnings for their heirs.

Lol .. and name it what ... in 10-20 years 'The lost album'.

With respect but .. no .. bands don't purposefully do that (...'let's record and album and we will release it after one of us dies, guys').

Jus sayin .. that whole concept / idea is definitely not, and was never even entertained (or thought of .. thank goodness). Did Universal have that in the contract .. 'shall be released when one or all of the current members are deceased'....??

Not being a smart arse .. but my man .. absolutely no way, Jose Lol. Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-03 21:33 by IanBillen.

Date: March 3, 2019 21:41

runrudolph
So whats the date that they have booked studio time again. I guess they will have 4 weeks holiday after the tour.
Jeroen

Not sure how much or if any studio time is booked (after) the tour. Is studio time planned or that necessary with the entire band? I know Keith sort of indicated that initially but ... they just has a good two weeks or so in there together. May be not much left to do but a few overdubs and some mixing at this point (was reported many of the songs already are mixes .. some with five versions / mixes or more).

My theory is by the time this tour rehearsals start .. they will have most of it
under wraps. The time in studio will be minimal after the tour Im guessing. Still lookin (hoping) for a mid fall release.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 3, 2019 21:57

runrudolph
Jeroen

Only 4 weeks??
Haven't they pretty much been on holiday since the last tour finished?
Other than attending the occasional meeting, of course.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2019 23:03

i think they will do the final mixing after the tour. so yeah, maybe a december release??

Jeroen

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: March 3, 2019 23:37

KRiffhard
...maybe!!
[members.tripod.com]
Maybe not! Blue Lena says 1st. album she bought was Tatoo You- First concert 1994.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 4, 2019 00:14

IanBillen
runrudolph
Jeroen

Not sure how much or if any studio time is booked (after) the tour. Is studio time planned or that necessary with the entire band? I know Keith sort of indicated that initially but ... they just has a good two weeks or so in there together. May be not much left to do but a few overdubs and some mixing at this point (was reported many of the songs already are mixes .. some with five versions / mixes or more).

My theory is by the time this tour rehearsals start .. they will have most of it
under wraps. The time in studio will be minimal after the tour Im guessing. Still lookin (hoping) for a mid fall release.

was it confirmed that they spent any time in the studio recently? Do you know what studio they were in? Where did you get the good two weeks together from? I don't follow this as much as you do but was there any confirmation that the stones were in the studio together as you say (I know about the clip of Mick's song).

Date: March 4, 2019 00:41

Rokyfan
IanBillen
runrudolph
Jeroen

was it confirmed that they spent any time in the studio recently? Do you know what studio they were in? Where did you get the good two weeks together from? I don't follow this as much as you do but was there any confirmation that the stones were in the studio together as you say (I know about the clip of Mick's song).

Well I'm pretty darn sure they were. They all were in LA to do exactly that and Keith said they were going in there for about 10 days or so. Mick said he had meetings on it all week (this was after being there already for a couple weeks).. Keith's fam were in LA posting. Ronnie Wood said they were going to record in LA next week blah-blah-blah. I got two weeks because they were out of site except for the social media posts indicating they were in LA for about two weeks or more. I've no idea what studio .. what they got done .. any of that ..didn't hear a thing bout it. George Licks did mention they have over 20 songs done with multiple mixes already complete on several of them.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 4, 2019 02:37

There were reports (quotes) that they intended to spend a week in the studio. There's no confirmation, so far as I know, whether or not they did. We just learned that Keith is staying for a month now in a place with a piano, which can mean anything or nothing at all. At least, it seems that all of them have been in LA at the same time.

Date: March 4, 2019 03:22

doitywoik
There were reports (quotes) that they intended to spend a week in the studio. There's no confirmation, so far as I know, whether or not they did. We just learned that Keith is staying for a month now in a place with a piano, which can mean anything or nothing at all. At least, it seems that all of them have been in LA at the same time.

For all we know, they could have played a marathon game of Monopoly stretched out over ten days, with Mick taking occasional breaks to attend various parties about town.

But in all seriousness, I believe they were all in L.A. and did some work in the studio - how many hours were spent and how much was completed is anyone's guess.

Date: March 4, 2019 05:57

doitywoik

They said that initially but then Keith stated the band did or were going to do and I quote ...'10 days or so'...

Hopefully some time this month we may get a little wind on how long they were
there and what took place. If songs are rehearsed (with The Stones it doesn't take long) .. a band can record several songs in 10 days or more.

We once recorded 8 songs in a single day .. the songs were rehearsed .. and it
was only the instruments .. Everything was miked in place but we got all the tracks down (minus actual vocals .. just scratch vocals) for eight songs in a single day .. no kidding. This will give you an idear. We have had other songs that took 8 months to fully evolve .. and do overdubs (depends) over a period of three separate sets of sessions with the same act.

This song, "Belfast' ..from the band Radio Lark .. took all of five months over three separate sets of sessions .. (each session lasted anywhere from two days to five days each time). Then we had one last minute overdub (which took 45 minutes). So four separate sessions over five months for this one song (just depends). Song evolved .. depends onhow far along, type of song, if it's rehearsed etc. Point being you can record a lot in a week or ten days (at times).

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 06:06 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2019 07:18

MOJO 305 -- April 2019

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 4, 2019 07:24

Sweet.....

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 4, 2019 08:44

Thanks for the read, Rockman. So, plausible release Christmas 2019 or spring 2020 then? That's how I interpret "We'll have it done this year, at some point". Or is that wishful thinking?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 4, 2019 09:39

Rockman

MOJO 305 -- April 2019

"The Stones are ABOUT to start recording their new album"...???????????????????????????????

Rod

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 09:41 by bitusa2012.

Date: March 4, 2019 09:56

bitusa2012
Rockman

MOJO 305 -- April 2019

"The Stones are ABOUT to start recording their new album"...???????????????????????????????

What's the problem? This is perfectly understandable .. they had to jack around for four years before they can actually start on it right? .. .. ... (probably be another four or five before they finish it .. that's normal grinning smiley )

Ok ..all kidding aside .. you can relax a bit ... bc actually I think this is the 'finishing portion' of the recording of their album. We all know they have been working on it, and recording every here and again over the past 3-4 years.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 4, 2019 09:58

Bitusa: What did BV say about pasting big posts only to add half a line under it? Rockmans post is just above: Why not refer to it rather than pasting it once again?

Ps. That goes for Ian Billen too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-04 10:00 by Stoneage.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 4, 2019 12:59

Stoneage
Bitusa: What did BV say about pasting big posts only to add half a line under it? Rockmans post is just above: Why not refer to it rather than pasting it once again?

Ps. That goes for Ian Billen too...

Sorry, Inspector.

Rod

Date: March 4, 2019 18:31

Good the hear from the horses mouth, but this was pre-L.A. and there was a similar quote to this a while back - sort of a mixed message.
We still have no idea what they may have accomplished, but evidently he and Mick talked about recording one song prior to their meeting - hopefully there was more to it than just that.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 4, 2019 18:46

Let's hope the album is released this year.
I was only recently thinking of a number of Artists, George Michael and Michael Jackson come to mind, who were both trying to come up with new material after a long gap between albums...and then died.
Still, Jerry Lee (aged 84 I think) has plans to record a new album this years, so where there is hope ....

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 4, 2019 19:25

jlowe
Let's hope the album is released this year.
I was only recently thinking of a number of Artists, George Michael and Michael Jackson come to mind, who were both trying to come up with new material after a long gap between albums...and then died.
Still, Jerry Lee (aged 84 I think) has plans to record a new album this years, so where there is hope ....

you mean let's hope it's recorded this year, as keith said.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...306307308309310311312313314315316...LastNext
Current Page: 311 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home