Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...286287288289290291292293294295296...LastNext
Current Page: 291 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 12, 2019 11:29

Yeah, Teddy, that 'meetings' usage also jumped out at me - what a weird way to phrase things!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: February 12, 2019 11:32

Not weird at all if you’re talking promotion press and marketing!

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 12, 2019 12:13

guyrachel
Not weird at all if you’re talking promotion press and marketing!
Correct guyrachel,i think the album is finished,at least an ep.Than is marketing promotion press

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 12, 2019 12:38

I was thinking also the odd use of the term 'meeting' - it could be that it is Hollywoodese, but I - simple as I am - tried to interpret it in plain English... Which made me think what about if (a) Jagger really isn't too much involved there in the sessions, he juts lets the rest of the guys do their thing (them doing Keith 'solo' numbers, them finishing tracks just asking MIck's vocals, or them just putting their thing into Mick's demos Mick has already okayed with Keith). So Mick just needs a 'meeting' with the rest to check things out and to plan the next needed moves. Or (b) the whole album is already so finished deal that it is a case of just 'meetings' how to proceede from now on. Do some mixes, over-dubs, if necessary, or if all that is already done, just to decide what to do with the whole material - in which form to release it and when, etc.

- Doxa

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 12, 2019 13:26

Doxa
I was thinking also the odd use of the term 'meeting' - it could be that it is Hollywoodese, but I - simple as I am - tried to interpret it in plain English... Which made me think what about if (a) Jagger really isn't too much involved there in the sessions, he juts lets the rest of the guys do their thing (them doing Keith 'solo' numbers, them finishing tracks just asking MIck's vocals, or them just putting their thing into Mick's demos Mick has already okayed with Keith). So Mick just needs a 'meeting' with the rest to check things out and to plan the next needed moves. Or (b) the whole album is already so finished deal that it is a case of just 'meetings' how to proceede from now on. Do some mixes, over-dubs, if necessary, or if all that is already done, just to decide what to do with the whole material - in which form to release it and when, etc.

- Doxa

Are we getting a little ahead of ourselves here, Keith said before Christmas that he didn't expect to have the album finished until this time next year. So i see meetings from Mick and the boys doing some more recording as just that, deciding what direction to go in and recording some more tracks etc. They are in no hurry and taking it slow, late last year all members said in various interviews that they were no where near finished, perhaps previous work on the album has been shelved through Mick and Keith disagreeing on what is considered right material for a Stones album, this would suggest that shelved work that was in progress might be seen on solo albums to come in the future. As of now they are recording some more tracks that will end up on the album likely to be released for the Christmas market.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:02

Yeah we must not get too high hopes. I also think a release around december 2019.
Jeroen

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:06

I guess all the fuss and delay is because this will be the coda of the Stones career - their final statement - and thus their legacy is arguably at stake.

Does anyone doubt this is the last studio album they will record?

Drew

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:24

No. The Final one

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:25

Nobody is saying this will be the last album. So this is all pure speculation.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:29

we're heading fast toward page 300

based on latest bits of news and instagram photos and "use of words" my speculation is that they are trying to have it (mostly) done before the tour kicks off so that after, it will be just rest and then promotion

m a y b e a test release before to put some spice on ticket sales and to fill one slot on the setlist with new stuff (the famous "EP")

file this under: optimism spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 12, 2019 14:45

drewmaster
I guess all the fuss and delay is because this will be the coda of the Stones career - their final statement - and thus their legacy is arguably at stake.

Drew

Unless Mick and Keith are still alive at ages 90, yeah this is the last one.

We have had nearly 300 pages of excitement over 3 years and we got nothin.
I firmly believe Mick and Keith can no longer work TOGETHER, they are trying to make an album without actually working together in the studio, that takes time, be patient guys.

Date: February 12, 2019 14:50

An ep before the tour starts should be out very soon,probably mars/april

Date: February 12, 2019 14:50

keithsman
Doxa

- Doxa

Are we getting a little ahead of ourselves here, Keith said before Christmas that he didn't expect to have the album finished until this time next year. So i see meetings from Mick and the boys doing some more recording as just that, deciding what direction to go in and recording some more tracks etc. They are in no hurry and taking it slow, late last year all members said in various interviews that they were no where near finished, perhaps previous work on the album has been shelved through Mick and Keith disagreeing on what is considered right material for a Stones album, this would suggest that shelved work that was in progress might be seen on solo albums to come in the future. As of now they are recording some more tracks that will end up on the album likely to be released for the Christmas market.

Yeah, could be very well as you describe. But as Rocky Dijon - and some others who know a bit more than us normal mortals - has said there is already quite a lot stuff in the can (more than we can estimate from the base of past sayings of Mick and Keith). What is their quality and state now, or whatever Mick or Keith or Don Was might think of them, and what will be their destiny, we just don't know (and our prejudices should not dictate too much our wild guesses, as we should leave the talks of 'walls' to the president of USA). However, Jagger sounded quite determinate in that little conversation/interview that a new Rolling Stones album is now his priority, and that's what he is up to at the moment, no solo stuff or anything. He wasn't any longer 'hoping' some new Stones music to be released some day or anything like that. His tone has changed. That made me think that there probably is an end to be seen in this project if that guy sounds so sure and concrete. To get this thing done. From that base I have high hopes for that 'meeting' whatever it is.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 15:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 12, 2019 14:54

bye bye johnny
(Mick: ) "We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album. I have meetings about it this week.”

Times they are a-changin'. Earlier they went into a studio and did recording sessions. Round these days they have meetings ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 16:37 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:04

Personally I never take seriously the words of Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie ... and in my opinion the fans are taking this album too seriously. I hope it comes out soon and I have no doubt, I will like how I like the whole of their discography. For me it's always a pleasure to listen to Mick's voice, Keith and Ronnie's guitars and Charlie's drums and Darry's bass.

Date: February 12, 2019 15:26

drewmaster

Drew

I think the only real "fuss" about this album is to be found only in our site (and die-hard fan circles like ours). The Stones themselves and the press altogether have been rather low profile about it. They respond something vague when asked about it in interviews occasionally, Mick and Keith sharing some a few secs clips in instagram of them doing something in studio, and that's it.

If one wants to find someone making a fuzz about making an album, take a look at Pete Townshend's doings. Suddenly having this enlightenment that a new album by The Who needs to be done, he's been shouting out that in interviews how essential and important it is for an "artist". Now he reporting the recording process daily with his camera in a social media.

- Doxa

Date: February 12, 2019 15:28

Doxa
keithsman
Doxa

- Doxa

Yeah, could be very well as you describe. But as Rocky Dijon - and some others who know a bit more than us normal mortals - has said there is already quite a lot stuff in the can (more than we can estimate from the base of past sayings of Mick and Keith). What is their quality and state now, or whatever Mick or Keith or Don Was might think of them, and what will be their destiny, we just don't know (and our prejudices should not dictate too much our wild guesses, as we should leave the talks of 'walls' to the president of USA). However, Jagger sounded quite determinate in that little conversation/interview that a new Rolling Stones album is now his priority, and that's what he is up to at the moment, no solo stuff or anything. He wasn't any longer 'hoping' some new Stones music to be released some day or anything like that. His tone has changed. That made me think that there probably is an end to be seen in this project if that guy sounds so sure and concrete. To get this thing done. From that base I have high hopes for that 'meeting' whatever it is.

- Doxa

With all due respect i think of Keith Richards as more of an insider than our very own dear friend Rocky, before Christmas Mick, Keith and Ronnie made it clear the album is no where near finished. Yes they might have a single ready for release as a taster, but we do not have any evidence to suggest any more than that at this stage. Mick just said he was going to a meeting, a meeting is not a final recording session or finishing the album. Ronnie has been recording a bit with Mick and Keith recently but that doesn't mean that its to finish the album off. Rocky is a great guy, my favorite poster on iorr , but he goes with his gut feeling on things, he will be the first to admit he is not always right, we have had virtually 300 pages of posters being wrong about how well this album is going and how near it is to completion, all insiders have been wrong to varying degrees.. My gut feeling is that Mick and Keith are having communication problems again, it's wall after wall and it's frustrating for all concerned.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:53

If Floyd hadn't got there first, they could have called the new album The Wall.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 12, 2019 15:53

snarf2014
Nobody is saying this will be the last album. So this is all pure speculation.

290+ pages of speculation

Date: February 12, 2019 15:54

keithsman
Doxa
keithsman
Doxa

- Doxa

- Doxa

With all due respect i think of Keith Richards as more of an insider than our very own dear friend Rocky, before Christmas Mick, Keith and Ronnie made it clear the album is no where near finished. Yes they might have a single ready for release as a taster, but we do not have any evidence to suggest any more than that at this stage. Mick just said he was going to a meeting, a meeting is not a final recording session or finishing the album. Ronnie has been recording a bit with Mick and Keith recently but that doesn't mean that its to finish the album off. Rocky is a great guy, my favorite poster on iorr , but he goes with his gut feeling on things, he will be the first to admit he is not always right, we have had virtually 300 pages of posters being wrong about how well this album is going and how near it is to completion, all insiders have been wrong to varying degrees.. My gut feeling is that Mick and Keith are having communication problems again, it's wall after wall and it's frustrating for all concerned.
Well Keithsman,i think they find a way through the wall,and the album is nesrly finished.Ep is out before the tour starts.Dont think the meeting has nothing to with recording,Jagger would newer called it a meeting,if it,s only recording

Re: New Stones album for 2019
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 12, 2019 16:37

harlem shuffle
TeddyB1018
“Meetings.” Wow. One used to call it recording, or rehearsals, or being in the studio. Maybe they should bring their lawyers to these meetings, in some conference room, to help negotiate the direction of the album. Or maybe Mick is just so Hollywood these days that he talks in terms of meetings. Cracks me up.
What do you know,since it really cracks you up?Absolutely nothing i think.Just some more bullshit against Jagger again.

Teddy is far from anti-Jagger. He found the word "meetings" an odd choice when one is recording an album. As for "what do you know? Absolutely nothing I think," is as wrong as it was rude.

I get that you're fed up with anti-Jagger crap. Not everyone who doesn't praise Mick or Keith with every post is anti-Mick or anti-Keith. Sometimes they're just people with opinions.

And in the same "interview" at the Grammy party, Mick said he's still writing songs. While I'm sure they could pull the album together tomorrow if needed, their decision is it's still a work-in-progress. Let them tinker until they're happy with the product. It's coming. If I had the choice between something that was a highly polished demo with quick overdubs or something they've worked on from different directions until they agree they're happy with it and have whittled the album down from the best 13 or so of 26 songs that are in release quality - I would say that's for the best.

And cheers to Keithsman. All of them are cautious with what they communicate. It appears they want to set expectations of completion low to take the pressure off since every public appearance brings the question - "when is the album coming?" just as every public appearance from 2008 to 2012 brought the question, "are you touring this year/next year?" Fame is a double-edged sword. The album will come soon enough. There is every reason to think this year is yet possible.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 16:48 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 12, 2019 16:46

bye bye johnny
(Mick: ) "We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album. I have meetings about it this week.”

Let me return to this once again. Seems like I'm not the only one who found the word "meeting" odd in this context, so I'm wondering: could it be that Mick was in fact referring to business meetings with some company execs (or maybe cover artists) or the like? I have no clue if there is someone/something/somewhere in LA that might be relevant in this respect?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 12, 2019 16:54

Hell, this is 2019. Just "drop" a song or two already!

Date: February 12, 2019 17:10

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

Let me return to this once again. Seems like I'm not the only one who found the word "meeting" odd in this context, so I'm wondering: could it be that Mick was in fact referring to business meetings with some company execs (or maybe cover artists) or the like? I have no clue if there is someone/something/somewhere in LA that might be relevant in this respect?

That's a good insight, something that didn't occur to my mind. That of him having "meetings about it" doesn't necessarily have to do anything with the on-going recording sessions he is/might be also be involved in LA. In those business meetings not even the rest of the band is necessarily involved, but just, say, Jagger alone, as usual, doing the talking in the behalf of the band.

- Doxa

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2019 17:14

doitywoik
bye bye johnny

Mick spoke to Roger Friedman at Universal's Grammys after party. He was photographed with UMG executives Mat Vlasic, Bruce Resnikoff, David Joseph and Lucian Grainge.

UMG's global headquarters are in Santa Monica. Business meetings don't seem out of the ordinary, and wouldn't preclude recent studio work.

Re: New Stones album for 2019
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 12, 2019 17:25

What went through my head about meetings was that Universal would be meeting with them to listen to the tracks they've laid down since last Fall. If it was a mutual decision that they should take time and make it the best they could, look at what we've had:

Mick and Keith sessions at Germano Studios in October/November.
Mick, Ronnie, Darryl, and Bernard sessions at Twin Studios in late November into December.
Keith concentrating on working on Mick's songs that didn't spark with him initially by coming up with new riffs and melody lines througout December.
The entire band gathering to record at Henson Studios from late January into February.

While I've heard there will be another block of sessions after the tour, let's see what this week's meetings brings. If it is with Universal, it's likely Soldatti and Bjornulf will hear the news somewhat soon and we'll know if the album will wrap this summer for Christmas release or if it's a matter of more work, album in 2020.

Date: February 12, 2019 17:28

Yeah - thanks by bye johnny - mostly like the meetings about the album Mick is talking about, Mick is going to have with Universal people. (Since we have one poster here having some kind of connection to the circles of Universal, we might know soon more...)

- Doxa

Date: February 12, 2019 17:29

bye bye johnny
doitywoik
bye bye johnny

Mick spoke to Roger Friedman at Universal's Grammys after party. He was photographed with UMG executives Mat Vlasic, Bruce Resnikoff, David Joseph and Lucian Grainge.

UMG's global headquarters are in Santa Monica. Business meetings don't seem out of the ordinary, and wouldn't preclude recent studio work.

Big guy on the right looks suspiciously like Klein!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 12, 2019 17:30

Are they having try-outs for a Blues Brother sequel? eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 17:30 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 12, 2019 17:34

Doxa
drewmaster

Drew

I think the only real "fuss" about this album is to be found only in our site (and die-hard fan circles like ours). The Stones themselves and the press altogether have been rather low profile about it. They respond something vague when asked about it in interviews occasionally, Mick and Keith sharing some a few secs clips in instagram of them doing something in studio, and that's it.

- Doxa

Tend to agree with Drewmaster here.

I am sure that if the Stones wanted to release a "Rolling Stones Album" for the sake of it, they could record a new one every year almost in autopilot, probably in less time than what was needed to do Blue And Lonesome.

The simple reason why we only have 4 albums of originals since Undercover, is that the Stones did not try to do more. Save a couple of sessions that remain buried in the cans, whenever the Stones decided to release a new album, they just did it in a relatively short time.

If this time the process is taking so long, given that, as Doxa says, there is no pressure whatsoever coming from the market or Universal, the only reason I see is that the Stones themselves consider this release as something important.

C

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...286287288289290291292293294295296...LastNext
Current Page: 291 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home