Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...285286287288289290291292293294295...LastNext
Current Page: 290 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 11, 2019 19:21

CJFP
STOP PARTYING! GET BACK TO RECORDING!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 11, 2019 19:25

JordyLicks96
Hi everybody! I've been coming to IORR for a long time now but recently just made my account. Love getting all of the info for the "eventual" new album. I'm actually the guy whose been posting the Stones outtakes on YouTube, like the recently posted Licks sessions. I'm also probably the youngest Stones fan here, going to be 23 this June right before I see them at MetLife on the 13th. Long live the Stones and hope to hear some new music soon! smileys with beer

Welcome to the Dr. Demento show Jordy.... haha

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2019 19:43

MisterDDDD
Hairball
This is like rooting for your favorite football team that happens to be in a slump, and their glory days are far behind them.
They haven't had a really big win in ages, but most of the fans' loyalty to the team is apparent through thick and thin,
And while the fan base gets smaller each passing year, many jump back on the band wagon when there's something to actually cheer about.
It gets frustrating for some of the diehards, but to see the legends still out on the field trying their best makes it somewhat worthwhile - win or lose.

Doesn't happen very often, but occasionally when bv merges threads there's mess ups like this.
Clearly this drivel was posted in the KISS reunion thread originally cool smiley

I realize your posting more of your silly nonsense in watchdog mode, but not a fan of Kiss nor do I pay attention to that thread, though I suppose it could fit there along with almost any other thread about old dinosaur bands.
I think it's an accurate and realistic analogy for the Stones: Patiently waiting for them to take the field again win or lose/warts and all (68 days and countng) , while many casual fans are jumping back on the bandwagon to buy tix, and the diehards are hoping the band can get out the long slump of not having a full album of original material (14 years and counting). Hopefully they come up with a big win in both cases, and it seems time just might be on their side after all. All together now: "Go team go, rah, rah, rah, gimme an S.T.O.N.E.S."!!!!!!

Date: February 11, 2019 19:47

KRiffhard
CJFP

thumbs up

Lol as I expected/predicted...schmoozing with celebrities while in L.A., but on the bright side confirmation he is in L.A. - get back to work Mick!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 11, 2019 20:20

[www.youtube.com]

If we cant get updates of the stones then how about Pete Townshend

Pete Townshend's Vlog: Day 1 The Who Studio Sessions at British Grove Studios

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: February 11, 2019 20:47

That is a really cool video released by the Who/Pete. I love raw, behind the scenes footage in preparation of an album or tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 11, 2019 21:59

I am sure Jagger went to the paparazzi-heavy celeb party just in order to convince die-hard Rolling Stones fans that he also, not just Keith, Ronnie & Charlie, actually is around to record a new album (or whatever they are doing). But haha, the dude really can't win - now he is blamed that he just is going parties instead working his ass off in the studio!grinning smiley

It is tough that existence logic of celebrities - if you aren't showing your face in some tabloid or spotted somehow, you really can't work or do anything, probably even exist...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 22:00 by Doxa.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 11, 2019 22:01

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

And there are lots of them Day 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7.

Nice to see. Stones should do the same to involve the supporters / fans.
Maybe we would then see the discussion between Mick / Keith

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 22:42

I downloaded it from one of the download links posted here!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 11, 2019 22:44

CJFP
JordyLicks96
Hi everybody! I've been coming to IORR for a long time now but recently just made my account. Love getting all of the info for the "eventual" new album. I'm actually the guy whose been posting the Stones outtakes on YouTube, like the recently posted Licks sessions. I'm also probably the youngest Stones fan here, going to be 23 this June right before I see them at MetLife on the 13th. Long live the Stones and hope to hear some new music soon! smileys with beer
Not quite the youngest! I'm 22! Where did you get the Licks material?

Wow! Well I'm still 22 now lol but it's awesome seeing younger Stones fans too! And I downloaded them from download links here on IORR! grinning smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 11, 2019 23:00

mtaylor
OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

And there are lots of them Day 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7.

Nice to see. Stones should do the same to involve the supporters / fans.
Maybe we would then see the discussion between Mick / Keith

I'd love to see this from the Stones.Some of my favourite clips are still the Licks Tour rehearsals with Extreme Western Grip and Slave with Blondie not getting the rhythm right. Of course they won't do anything like it now, typical.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 11, 2019 23:09

Grammy Parties: Mick Jagger Working on New Rolling Stones Album, Paris Jackson Makes the Scene, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones Hold Court

Roger Friedman February 11 2019

EXCLUSIVE

The parties rolled out after the Grammys were over, but it was all about Universal Music Group. They scored the biggest ‘get’ as Sir Lucian Grainge– whose company picked up Album of the Year with Kacey Mugraves’ “Golden Hour”– welcomed legacy superstars like Mick Jagger, Tony Bennett, and Earth Wind & Fire.

Mick and girlfriend Melanie Hamrick were surprise guests at the Universal party space, which was jammed with music industry types and performers including Alessia Cara, Hailee Steinfeld, and Motown founder Berry Gordy, as well as Bonny Rice, son of the late great R&B star Sir Mack Rice of Falcons fame (his dad wrote “Mustang Sally”). Quincy Jones held court insider, and Sam Moore celebrated his Lifetime Achievement Award on the red carpet– despite the bitter cold. (Is this really California?)

I talked to Mick for a couple of minutes over the din of gossip and a live DJ. I asked him about new music, particularly a solo record after he dropped a couple of new tracks last year on iTunes. He shook his head and told me: “I can’t do that right now. We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album. I have meetings about it this week.” He made a motion to indicate he was writing songs.

Well, that’s news since the last Stones album, “Blue and Lonesome,” was a big hit. If they’re talking now, we should have a new album for the fall, maybe by Grammy deadline.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 11, 2019 23:14

We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album. I have meetings about it this week.”

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 11, 2019 23:20

attaboy byebyejohnny!
Thanks

Date: February 12, 2019 00:39

I asked him about new music, particularly a solo record after he dropped a couple of new tracks last year on iTunes. He shook his head and told me: “I can’t do that right now. We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album. I have meetings about it this week.” He made a motion to indicate he was writing songs.

Double the good news for Stones fans - there's no Mick solo material in the immediate future, AND he's continuing to write and work on the Stones album.
Keep writing and working Mick, and we might just get a new single prior to the tour! thumbs up

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 12, 2019 00:47

If our prayers come true, we might have more definate news by page 300!!!

Date: February 12, 2019 00:55

Well I'll be damned, didn't realize we made it to page 290 and there's good news all around. thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:11

Hairball
Double the good news for Stones fans - there's no Mick solo material in the immediate future

We already knew he's been working on the Stones album. No news there except for casual fans. What's this about double good news because he's not working on a solo album this year? Is there some rule I'm unaware of that Stones fans are supposed to hate the idea of Mick working on a solo album? Me personally, if he's not working with the Stones, that's exactly what I would want him to do...just the same as with Keith or Ronnie. At this late date, every project is likely to be the last one, but no doubt more material would see the light of day regardless.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:14

Doxa
I am sure Jagger went to the paparazzi-heavy celeb party just in order to convince die-hard Rolling Stones fans that he also, not just Keith, Ronnie & Charlie, actually is around to record a new album (or whatever they are doing). But haha, the dude really can't win - now he is blamed that he just is going parties instead working his ass off in the studio!grinning smiley

It is tough that existence logic of celebrities - if you aren't showing your face in some tabloid or spotted somehow, you really can't work or do anything, probably even exist...

- Doxa

Doxa...it's only tough if Mick is spending an inordinate amount of time on IORR listening to the bitching...and if he were, then perhaps the bitching would be spot on!

I don't however think we have that to worry about.

Date: February 12, 2019 01:33

Rocky Dijon
Hairball
Double the good news for Stones fans - there's no Mick solo material in the immediate future

We already knew he's been working on the Stones album. No news there except for casual fans. What's this about double good news because he's not working on a solo album this year? Is there some rule I'm unaware of that Stones fans are supposed to hate the idea of Mick working on a solo album? Me personally, if he's not working with the Stones, that's exactly what I would want him to do...just the same as with Keith or Ronnie. At this late date, every project is likely to be the last one, but no doubt more material would see the light of day regardless.

You left off the last part of my sentence which puts it into proper context: "...AND he's continuing to write and work on the Stones album".

The point is, he said "“I can’t do that right now (ie solo material). We’re working on a new Rolling Stones album" - in other words the Stones are his priority right now.
No more solo Getta Grips/Englands Lost while he's working with the Stones - no rules or regulations and anybody can hope for whatever they want, but seems a new Stones album would be number one on everybody's list right now - at least it is for me. I see this as double good news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 01:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 12, 2019 01:35

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Agreed Rocky, at this stage most of us would welcome anything from Mick, he says he's always writing, after 14 years of writing it's got to be good surely, at this rate Mick is writing a letter per day. Quality over quantity, i mean look at England Lost, quality like that doesn't come over night.

Date: February 12, 2019 01:42

I think we'll get more Mick. Both Jagger-Stewart and Jagger-Clifford. Everything in time.

Date: February 12, 2019 01:49

Thats great (for those who want it) Rocky, but in the meantime I think you'd agree it would be greater to finally have a new Stones album.
Imagine if Mick, and all of them for that matter, had said: "Wait! We're putting the breaks on work for the new Stones album until next year so we can finish our solo adventures".
Personally I wouldn't mind another Keith solo album, but at this point I think most Stones fans including myself are sort of yearning for a new Stones album of originals over anything else - 14 years and counting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 01:50 by Hairball.

Date: February 12, 2019 01:53

I never said anything of the sort. I'd rather have the Stones together than apart. Selfishly, I'd rather have had more Stones albums and solo albums than Stones tours, but that's not reality.

Date: February 12, 2019 01:56

I wasn't insinuating that you actually had said that, I was just thinking out loud really and imagining what a letdown it would be (for me) to hear that response from Mick and/or all of them at this point

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 12, 2019 03:59

keithsman
Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Agreed Rocky, at this stage most of us would welcome anything from Mick, he says he's always writing, after 14 years of writing it's got to be good surely, at this rate Mick is writing a letter per day. Quality over quantity, i mean look at England Lost, quality like that doesn't come over night.

Maybe he writes a daily diary. Maybe he is writing a book.
Don’t ask me to choose new songs over penned Mick auto grinning smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 12, 2019 10:04

Rocky Dijon
....Selfishly, I'd rather have had more Stones albums and solo albums than Stones tours, but that's not reality.

Me too ...and reality now is that if they stop touring for very long, they won't start again . So we must enjoy it whilst we can.

Re: New Stones album for 2019
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 12, 2019 10:33

“Meetings.” Wow. One used to call it recording, or rehearsals, or being in the studio. Maybe they should bring their lawyers to these meetings, in some conference room, to help negotiate the direction of the album. Or maybe Mick is just so Hollywood these days that he talks in terms of meetings. Cracks me up.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 12, 2019 10:43

Hairball
KRiffhard
CJFP

thumbs up

Lol as I expected/predicted...schmoozing with celebrities while in L.A., but on the bright side confirmation he is in L.A. - get back to work Mick!

Who would say no to a birthday party of Jennifer Aniston?
(Edit: sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough, I thought you were referring to Keith and Patty going to the party of Aniston)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-12 10:45 by matxil.

Re: New Stones album for 2019
Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 12, 2019 11:21

TeddyB1018
“Meetings.” Wow. One used to call it recording, or rehearsals, or being in the studio. Maybe they should bring their lawyers to these meetings, in some conference room, to help negotiate the direction of the album. Or maybe Mick is just so Hollywood these days that he talks in terms of meetings. Cracks me up.
What do you know,since it really cracks you up?Absolutely nothing i think.Just some more bullshit against Jagger again.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...285286287288289290291292293294295...LastNext
Current Page: 290 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home