Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...280281282283284285286287288289290...LastNext
Current Page: 285 of 704
Re: Mick's tweet
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 5, 2019 05:46

Marhsall
[mobile.twitter.com]

Very good sign, thanks for sharing!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 5, 2019 20:07

*nice reminder to stay patient! The man is working on it! kiss kiss

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 5, 2019 20:31

It's starting to grow on me since last week...lol...not really.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: February 5, 2019 20:45

It sounds like Chris Rea. Not my taste!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 5, 2019 23:32

Dear oh dear - not sure how Keith and Charlie will go for that one ...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 6, 2019 02:12

Keith gonna put his licks on it at his house in the states now

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: February 6, 2019 07:34

Marhsall
[mobile.twitter.com]

There is an audience for that song. I want to hear more.

Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 6, 2019 21:42

Charlie and Ronnie were spotted in LA (there was a pic of Ronnie on Instagram posted by a fan who met him, but it was already deleted).

"Memorable night last night celebrating Hal Blaine’s 90th. Room full of love, laughter, and amazing musicians. Me and my crew were filming for a special Hal project, here interviewing my special pal Charlie Watts!"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2019 21:53

Nice!

My theory is they've been in LA working on the album since they said they would be (this being the second week now).

Theodora's instagram post was basically welcoming the twins to the house.
My bet is Sally followed Ronnie with the twins after they'd all been there working for the week, as both Ronnie and Keith stated they would be. Seeing them out in public now, may mean the lid is off so to speak and the work may be done or close to.

Either way.. studio time is definitely happening and there's a good chance we'll see new material for the tour (!!) An album or a few songs.. either would be a huge plus!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 21:55 by MisterDDDD.

Date: February 6, 2019 21:56

Cristiano Radtke
Charlie and Ronnie were spotted in LA

And there we have it - Charlie's in the house!
Quite cool temps we're having here (relatively speaking) especially at night.
Right now nice and sunny, and current temp in L.A. is 55 F...time to get to work!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:01

Thanks, Cristiano!

Charlie with Alison Martino and Rodney Bingenheimer

[www.instagram.com]

Date: February 6, 2019 22:12

L.A. legend Rodney Bingenheimer (pic above) turned me on to a lot of great music in the late '70s-early '80's as a D.J for KROQ.
He used to also do a local cable tv show where he'd showcase live acts - mostly punk/new wave.

EDIT: Wondering if Mick is also in L.A.?!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 22:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 6, 2019 22:59

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 7, 2019 08:07

One mystery remains to be solved..Where is Mick???
Jeroen

Date: February 7, 2019 08:27

MisterDDDD
Nice!

My theory is they've been in LA working on the album since they said they would be (this being the second week now).

Theodora's instagram post was basically welcoming the twins to the house.
My bet is Sally followed Ronnie with the twins after they'd all been there working for the week, as both Ronnie and Keith stated they would be. Seeing them out in public now, may mean the lid is off so to speak and the work may be done or close to.

Either way.. studio time is definitely happening and there's a good chance we'll see new material for the tour (!!) An album or a few songs.. either would be a huge plus!!

Where is Mick..
Jeroen

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 7, 2019 09:43

'Where is Mick ... (oh no where is Mick?) ya ask?'

>> Lol not to worry ... He's around there somewhere (<LA area recording with them) you best believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 09:44 by IanBillen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 7, 2019 10:10

Mick was smuggled thru in a guitar case …………….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 7, 2019 10:13

Rockman
Mick was smuggled thru in a guitar case …………….

grinning smiley

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: February 7, 2019 14:20

runrudolph
Jeroen

Hiding from Keith grinning smiley

Date: February 7, 2019 15:09

keithsman
runrudolph
Jeroen

Hiding from Keith grinning smiley

Probably.he knows Keefs answer n reaction
Jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 7, 2019 15:36

We've gone from "there is no album" to "there are no December sessions because Keith said it was unlikely." Mick, Ronnie, Darryl, and Bernard (at least) were recording in December in Paris. Keith was not present because they were working on material Mick and Keith had cut in New York a couple months before.

Last November, Keith said sessions in February or March were more likely. Though he wasn't present in December, he was correct about the schedule. Earlier this year, work conflicts for Don Was came to light. Shortly thereafter, Keith and Ronnie both confirmed the band would be back in the studio by the end of January with one of them stating sessions would move to Los Angeles (where Don was already working).

No photographic evidence came to light for a couple weeks so the doubters came out that the band wasn't in L.A. because "we would know."

We didn't have proof until photos came to light, but Mick isn't in the photos so therefore Mick must not be here because "we would know." There are even suggestions Keith didn't like Mick's songs because a number of iorrians had a bad reaction to a 22 second clip of a pop chorus from a demo that was being played back while Mick sang and played along with it when it was filmed in January in Mick's home in France. The playback version was cut with Ronnie in Paris in December. The song has been around since 2017 in demo form, though lyrics/title have changed.

Keith does not want to be the bottleneck for the album any longer. He spent some of December listening to Mick tracks that Keith initially didn't respond to in order to try to do what Mick has wanted for years: for Keith to add his own creative contribution to Mick's material. If what I was told is correct, some of the Jagger-Richards disharmony going back 17 years is that Keith will often not contribute creatively to tracks of Mick's he doesn't care for. He is content to simply re-cut Mick's guitar parts at best. Keith has also been resentful Mick won't work for long at developing Keith's rough ideas for songs.

That has changed over the last year or so with Keith developing his own songs further with Steve Jordan and then sending the dub to Mick who has been adding melody lines and lyrics/vocals to Keith's ideas. Finally, Keith has started to reciprocate and has added guitar parts to some of Mick's songs, not just simply overdubbing lines Mick played. The band is together now to cut these reworked versions.

Having heard this doesn't mean all is perfect or that everyone will necessarily think the Mick demos that are now Jagger-Richards songs are working. The important thing is they are actually collaborating instead of Keith simply throwing in the towel and being a sideman or Mick ignoring Keith's songs (as happened in 2002 and 2004).

Gaslight recently mentioned Keith's remark about only coming up with three songs for A BIGGER BANG and calling it half the album. Apparently it is true that half the songs were Jagger-Richards in that Keith added melody lines or replaced riffs to about half the material (with three songs originating from Keith) while the other half had Keith playing along dutifully as guitarist only regardless of what he thought of them.

There is hope at least that not only will the new album be finished for 2019 release (more sessions planned after the tour), but that it will be truly Jagger-Richards material. Let's hope the band, Don, and Universal are enthusiastic about it. If all of this is true, what a shame that egos got in the way of collaborating differently for LICKS or for half of A BIGGER BANG if that is really what Mick desired all along. And yes, of course I can empathize with Keith in that situation as well.

There are people here who actually know Don Was and people with reliable connections to Universal. I imagine they will be able to call bullshit on this or confirm or let their silence serve as acknowledgement.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 15:46 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2019 17:45

Rocky, perhaps my thought about them having 2 separate LPs of tunes isn't that wacky afterall.

I guess what Keith said about his "half" of A BIGGER BANG was what he brought that he came up with on his own, not clarifying that he brought anything to do WITH Mick, as in, here's a riff, let's see where it goes. Rough Justice seems like a distant relative to Take It So Hard, which was kind of regurgitated with Trouble. Obviously Love Is Strong came from Wicked As It Seems, which also spawned Lowdown and It Won't Take Long seems like a distant cousin to Wicked As It Seems. Sad Sad Sad is Brown Sugar in reverse, the only other song I can think of that is close to Brown Sugar in its writing.

It seems to me that the true Jagger-Richards songs on ABB revolve around the somewhat "heavier" songs, like Dangerous Beauty, Let Me Down Slow, It Won't Take Long, Biggest Mistake and She Saw Me Coming. Both Mick and Keith talk about their writing and recording demos together so they obviously came up with a decent amount of tunes together.

I suppose we'll never really know unlike songs in the past being talked about, like Sympathy For The Devil and Brown Sugar and Sway and Crazy Mama and Miss You and Emotional Rescue and Undercover Of The Night and Rock And A Hard Place and Anybody Seen My Baby and Don't Stop and Rain Fall Down and Doom And Gloom being Mick songs and Satisfaction, Street Fighting Man, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Gimme Shelter, Happy and Before They Make Me Run and, well, duh, I guess all the songs Keith sings on, as well as Love Is Strong, Lowdown, Rough Justice, One More Shot really being one person's song - strictly in terms of it existing/happening, the main and or initial idea.

Obviously someone has to come up with a riff, a signature part of the song, (Start Me Up, Love Is Strong, Sad Sad Sad, riff lead songs) but working together has brought out their best work, as we know, and working "alone" has brought out some pretty good work as well, it just seems to be overshadowed by a lot of it being of lesser quality, which, in one aspect, is because it's all held up to the legacy since there is so much.

Date: February 7, 2019 17:54

lets just hope we will get some great,some good and some ok new songs.
hope they throw in some outtakes. and just hope n pray it wont take too long before they release it.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 17:55 by runrudolph.

Date: February 7, 2019 18:03

With drummer David Goodstein

From Hal Blaine’s birthday party. It’s not every day you get to tell a hero thank you. Last night was a night I will never forget.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 7, 2019 18:25

As far as ‘not knowing where they are’
I am sure it’s for security reasons.
And/ or to hold onto any bit of privacy.

Date: February 7, 2019 18:36

Ronnie's first tweet in a while, presumably from LA:

Just saying hi

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 7, 2019 18:38

Cover for the new album (posted by B. Fowler on Twitter)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 20:36 by mtaylor.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 7, 2019 18:59

Lake it Bled

Posted by: mg72 ()
Date: February 7, 2019 19:47

2019 is shaping up for icons releasing new music.
ACDC
Gordon Lightfoot: First since 2004.
Possible Guns N Roses: First since 2008.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Rolling Stones.
The Who: first since 2006.

Posted by: claudinedidit ()
Date: February 7, 2019 20:32

Great news...thanks Rocky and everyone sharing updates. I'm happy they are taking their time and making sure the band likes the album before they put it out.

If they like, I'm sure I will too. I think it'll be worth wait but really hope for a new song or two on the 2019 tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...280281282283284285286287288289290...LastNext
Current Page: 285 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home