Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...277278279280281282283284285286287...LastNext
Current Page: 282 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2019 20:32

Just dawned on me...Mick could be in Atlanta prepping his moves for his appearance with Maroon 5 at the Super Bowl...priorities....eye rolling smiley

Say it ain't so!!!!

Meanwhile, seems some work might be getting done in L.A. with Keith and Ronnie...(?)...wonder if Charlie is present?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 3, 2019 21:08

Hairball
Just dawned on me...Mick could be in Atlanta prepping his moves for his appearance with Maroon 5 at the Super Bowl...priorities....eye rolling smiley

Say it ain't so!!!!

Meanwhile, seems some work might be getting done in L.A. with Keith and Ronnie...(?)...wonder if Charlie is present?

Maybe they will get more work done without the Chairman being present.
Mick can then add his vocals later.
Job done.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:32

jlowe
Hairball

Say it ain't so!!!!

Job done.
We are in the internet age, you do not need all the work done with everyone in the recording studio, and you can be there even if you are hundreds of miles away.Would the president be Keith Richards?smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: February 3, 2019 22:52

jlowe
Hairball

Say it ain't so!!!!

Job done.
Maybee they don,t need Jagger at all,Keith can sing all
The songs,alsow in concert

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 3, 2019 23:20

harlem shuffle
jlowe
Hairball

Say it ain't so!!!!

Job done.

At least this would be a change from the established routine. If it's a welcomed change remains to be seen, though.

Date: February 3, 2019 23:26

retired_dog
harlem shuffle
jlowe
Hairball

Say it ain't so!!!!

Job done.

At least this would be a change from the established routine. If it's a welcomed change remains to be seen, though.
Maybee welcomed by 70% of iorr posters,but not anywere else i think

Date: February 3, 2019 23:56

No Keith - No Stones.
No Mick - No Stones.
No Charlie - No Stones.
No Ronnie...hmmm...okay, No Stones.

They need to be together in a studio all at the same time imo - at least for part of the sessions.
I'm sure some of it has been done piecemeal with one recording here, and another recording there, etc., but the overall sound and vibe would be better as was heard on Blue and Lonesome.
Cut the crap, get in a studio together, and let it rock.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 4, 2019 02:42

Hairball
No Keith - No Stones.
No Mick - No Stones.
No Charlie - No Stones.

They need to be together in a studio all at the same time imo - at least for part of the sessions.
I'm sure some of it has been done piecemeal with one recording here, and another recording there, etc., but the overall sound and vibe would be better as was heard on Blue and Lonesome.

"No Ronnie ... hmmm ... okay, No Stones"
... think that if Ronnie was not sober, the Stones would be gone! This is the pure truth! Keith is no longer able to act as a guide guitar, now Ronnie does, just listen to understand it.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 4, 2019 02:53

Hairball
Irix
runrudolph

where can i find it??

I see only rain in LA .... [www.Instagram.com] .

It's been raining heavily off and on in the SoCal area the last few days...

Might be conducive to them staying inside a studio and getting something accomplished.
And might inspire a great tune..."a storm is threatenin'..." - add a dynamite riff and voila. smiling smiley
Tour rehearsals start next month - giddyup boys...time waits for no one.

Wonder if Mick is involved - he's made no mention of L.A. recently...maybe at home practicing dancey/disco riffs on the guitar?

We will get word next month some time of what, who, or where The Stones recorded. Should be in the studio now .. I would guess?

Their plan is to spend a week in there .. (give or take). I wonder if things go well if they 'could' continue for another week? Studios are booked based on hours, days, and weeks normally and after The Stones I guarantee there are others scheduled for the room etc. (for example we are booked anywhere from one month at the very least ...to four at all times). I am certain Henson is booked at least three months in advance so someone else will be getting the room by rights (unless they booked a window and agreed to pay for it). As well ... others have schedules and other obligations (engineer, Producer, studio musicians etc.) realistically but still ... I wonder if things go well there is the possibility of an extension?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 02:54 by IanBillen.

Date: February 4, 2019 04:15

Testify
Hairball
No Keith - No Stones.
No Mick - No Stones.
No Charlie - No Stones.

"No Ronnie ... hmmm ... okay, No Stones"
... think that if Ronnie was not sober, the Stones would be gone! This is the pure truth! Keith is no longer able to act as a guide guitar, now Ronnie does, just listen to understand it.

Yes you speak the truth regarding Keith's inability to act as guide guitar, and I have been praising Ronnie highly since his sobriety.
But in all honesty, I think Chuck has become the musical ringleader...listen to him count off every song, and listen to him play guitar parts on his keyboard (opening riff to Little T&A for example).
Whatever we think of Chuck and his playing, seems we're stuck with him for better or worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 04:16 by Hairball.

Date: February 4, 2019 04:24

Ian Billen
We will get word next month some time of what, who, or where The Stones recorded. Should be in the studio now .. I would guess?

Who, what, why, where, and when...at this point I don't think we can be fully sure about any of this Ian.
I suppose we could speculate and add a few more pages to the thread? winking smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 4, 2019 15:19

Hairball
Ian Billen

Who, what, why, where, and when...at this point I don't think we can be fully sure about any of this Ian.
I suppose we could speculate and add a few more pages to the thread? winking smiley

No we cant... you're right We may 'possibly' get 'some' word of this. I restate. Even then ..it could be inaccurate. I restate, Sa! grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 4, 2019 15:46

Could it be that only keith n ronnie work on the outtakes in la. And that mick is still working on the new songs in london??
I think they will work on the album in november for a december release
Jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 15:57 by runrudolph.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 4, 2019 16:19

Don Was thoughts of new album

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 4, 2019 16:59

mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

So what are his thoughts? This is just a pic of him sitting there grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 4, 2019 17:03

Lorenz
mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

So what are his thoughts? This is just a pic of him sitting there grinning smiley

Terrible.... thinking about the new Mick Jagger snippet. Not a Stones song.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 4, 2019 17:08

Yeah he's pondering on how to tell Mick...

Date: February 4, 2019 17:08

mtaylor
Lorenz
mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

Hahahahaha. Now you will get a lot of shite of the forum on you. dont be negative about Brenda. Dont speak your mind or what you like.
jeroen

Date: February 4, 2019 18:23

runrudolph
mtaylor
Lorenz
mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

Hahahahaha. Now you will get a lot of shite of the forum on you. dont be negative about Brenda. Dont speak your mind or what you like.So who,s Brenda?Youre mother or father?
jeroen

Date: February 4, 2019 18:32

So Brenda is you,re alltime superstars nickname of Jagger?What about this nickname for Keith,,Miss Sophie?

Date: February 4, 2019 18:35

harlem shuffle
So Brenda is you,re alltime superstars nickname of Jagger?What about this nickname for Keith,,Miss Sophie?

Is the nickname "Brenda" news to you?

Date: February 4, 2019 18:49

DandelionPowderman
harlem shuffle

Is the nickname "Brenda" news to you?
Doesen,t matter for you if its new for me?Is it new for you Keith,s nickname?Miss Sophie is suitable for him i think.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 4, 2019 18:50

mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

He just listened to "Really wanna teeeell the truuuuuth".

Date: February 4, 2019 19:21

harlem shuffle

Brenda is Jaggers nickname , from keef, since the 1960's. just read your stones history.
Jeroen

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 4, 2019 19:21

mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

He's either desperately waiting for those long promised three killer riffs to arrive or beginning to realize that at this point, you can't make Stones fans happy no matter how hard you try.

Or both.

Date: February 4, 2019 19:25

runrudolph
harlem shuffle

Brenda is Jaggers nickname , from keef, since the 1960's. just read your stones history.
Jeroen
I know this story,but my story is Keith,s nickname.Miss Sophie

Date: February 4, 2019 19:35

You just wanna be negative about Keith. Like you said the 2017 concerts were bad. You cant judge that because you never saw a 2017 stones gig in person. You are one of these people who sit in their couch and judge.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 19:35 by runrudolph.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 4, 2019 19:36

The Keithettes love using the nickname Brenda for Mick Jagger.

Date: February 4, 2019 19:40

mtaylor
Lorenz
mtaylor

[www.instagram.com]

Lol...he looks depressed - someone please play him a dynamite riff before it's too late!!!

Date: February 4, 2019 19:46

runrudolph
You just wanna be negative about Keith. Like you said the 2017 concerts were bad. You cant judge that because you never saw a 2017 stones gig in person. You are one of these people who sit in their couch and judge.
Jeroen
Negative about Keith?I just give him the same treatment AS you and others here give Jagger all the time.For the record,i was in Stockholm 2017,friends arena.And Keith,s guitarplaying there was awful,just terrible.So i hope he is practising a bit more this time.Otherwise IT,s only Chuck who is playing Keith,s part.Maybee it,s hard to realise that to diehard Keithsfans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...277278279280281282283284285286287...LastNext
Current Page: 282 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home