Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: mg72 ()
Date: February 2, 2019 04:53

Any word as to what percent done it is?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2019 04:57

Keithsman, or Riffie as he is for me, says something of the importance that none of us being what our poster names here are. Naturally we judge each other and our opinions from the base we read here those poster names saying. Mostly we do know no nothing else. And there is nothing wrong in that.

But I guess if we would see each other from face to face, say, in a next pub or in a Rolling Stones concert, most of all those differences in opinion would mean nothing: we all, in the end, are Rolling Stones fans, and I suppose if I ever would meet, say, Riffie or Hairball face to face, with whom I have had some serious disagreements here in IORR, I don't think we would be angry towards each other at all. No, I think we would just laugh about our differing opinions about the subject of our mutual concern, The Rolling Stones. Or about debates here at IORR. I don't think none of us really 'hate', say, Jagger or Richards; we all admire them, despite having some special differing opinions about certain matters or how we judge their doings. There would be so much more in common than to separate us. That's at least what I want to believe. @#$%& the "Doxa".

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 05:03 by Doxa.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: February 2, 2019 05:29

The new clip does not deter me one bit. I like the fact that at least he made a quick vid to show they are working without giving anything away. If there was no clip or news folks would be saying .. never happened .. they are toast. He shows us a quick glimpse of him playing a lil somethin and everyone says they are not impressed.. this is weak ... and that they are now less excited about the new stuff bc it is probably super sub-par ...?

They can't win (though I don't think they care .. Lol .. they are simply being them).

Let's wait and see. After the album comes out and ya spin it a few times and ya think it's garbage then you can bitch .. but everything we (some folks) are doing here is speculation .. negative speculation .. pessimistic speculation.

Carry on ..

Date: February 2, 2019 06:07

Don't worry, IanBillen. I guess this whole thread tells quite well why they haven't aren't too motivated to release anything for ages. They really can't win, because people, the bloody hardcore fans, are so determinated how the new album by their Stones should sound like. If some Jagger comes up with a clip that is somehow odds with their idea how the Stones should sound like, he is like committing a crime. He is violating their idea of The Rolling Stones. Why don't that bloody idiot Jagger go and fvck himself and release that solo or something?. It feels like the band is no longer in the command of Mick nor of Keith, but their fans. It's the audiences, us hardcore fans, who must dictate how their records should sound like.

But what makes all this corny is that they mostly do all they can to please their fans. Their concerts do sound exactly like the audiences would like them to sound. To give the people safe and sure representation of that every night. Yep. Rolling Stones is "Honky Tonk Women" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Brown Sugar" and "Satisfaction and "Tumblin' Dice" and "Start Me Up" and "You Can't Always Get What You want", etc. No experentialism, no darism. No anything different or odd. It is exactly the Stones as they should sound like at their very best. Now people - the so called hardcore fans - want to hear the same safe and sure replica of that very same - how the Stones should sound like they did at their peak years - from a new album if there is to be one. And if they don't sound like that, please don't bother.

The hardcore fans 'wanting' a new album are similar like the 'casual' fans who go their concerts: both just wanting something safe and sure. No surprises.

Be there 'creative'.

And people still ask why those guys aren't too inspired to release anything new stuff for ages. Any creative artist would sooner or later say 'look, I don't want or feel like at my, say, fifties or sixties or seventies any longer to create umpteenth watered-down, lame version of "Jumpin'Jack Flash", a song I did when I was at my bloody twenties. No bloody inspiration left. Been there, done that, for jeez's sake. Go fvck yourself".

That's what they have indeed done. Can't really blame them.

- Doxa

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 06:36 by Doxa.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 2, 2019 06:40

Did Mick call you up and say that...

“Been there, done that, for jeez's sake. Go fvck yourself".

- Doxa

Tell me more, lol

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2019 06:42

Hogwash

Date: February 2, 2019 06:49

Hairball
Hogwash

See I thought it was sexy, you say hogwash.
N CA S CA
it’s all good tho, ya?

Date: February 2, 2019 06:54

35love

- Doxa

Tell me more, lol

Haha, not quite, but that's what Mick could say without a doubt (and he's been saying someting to the same effect), and even Keith, if he would be honest.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 2, 2019 06:57

Doxa
Keithsman, or Riffie as he is for me, says something of the importance that none of us being what our poster names here are.

I should probably confess I'm not a West African percussionist.

Date: February 2, 2019 07:02

Rocky Dijon
Doxa
Keithsman, or Riffie as he is for me, says something of the importance that none of us being what our poster names here are.

Damn, now you tell me that.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 2, 2019 07:24

Date: February 2, 2019 07:26

Doxa
35love

- Doxa

Tell me more, lol

Haha, not quite, but that's what Mick could say without a doubt (and he's been saying someting to the same effect), and even Keith, if he would be honest.

- Doxa

Yeah, Mick’s got an affect.
(on me, lol. I have no idea of his influence on any other RS)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 07:36 by 35love.

Date: February 2, 2019 10:24

Rocky Dijon
Doxa

Perhaps North African, then? winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 2, 2019 10:34

He is also writing but not songs right now

[twitter.com]

but the music is good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 22:03 by mtaylor.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 2, 2019 12:20

mtaylor
He is also writing but songs right now

[twitter.com]

but the music is good

...better than "Really wanna teeeeeeell the truuuuuth"!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 12:21 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: February 2, 2019 12:53

I wish he told the truth about Brian.

Date: February 2, 2019 12:56

paulspendel

Who?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 2, 2019 15:05

mg72

What? Mick's song?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 2, 2019 16:27

mg72

Believe it or not this question is tied into Vegas with the Super Bowl. Over Under is 33-1/3. Bet the under

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 2, 2019 16:48

paulspendel

Oh no, not this again...the plot thickened a long time ago.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 2, 2019 17:48

just a little tribute to all the negative highly critical posters.....we got your back bros...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 2, 2019 20:23

No tweets, pics, or any sort of updates from L.A..........................

If they were here and already gone, wondering if anything was accomplished.
If they have yet to arrive, hoping they get something accomplished!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:04

I can't recall if anyone has suggested it but watch them release TWO albums this year.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:24

Those who know the Stones well should know that the nature of the Rolling Stones is that of live concerts, not from today but always. I remember many interviews to hear Mick and Keith say that the work in the recording room is boring, so I'm not at all amazed that when the 70 years have passed and they prefer to do what amuses them the most. Many artists do the opposite, because the tours are more tiring. At the age of 70, as I see it, they can do what they want, they are entitled to it.

Date: February 2, 2019 23:35

Maybe the studio... environment is old hat, or too old hat, so perhaps that's partially why they're not spending a lot of time recording. They've probably spent more hours in recording studios than any of us will ever have spent working in our lives.

All right, perhaps a bit overstated, but the point is, as good as they are recording songs, they have done it A LOT. So maybe that is part of the issue. When A BIGGER BANG came out Billboard Magazine essentially stated that the Stones said it was their last album, at least that's what I recall reading.

So far, partially not considering BLUE AND LONESOME has come out since then but, regarding an album of originals, regardless of doing a cover like they have done on various albums going back to... what, after their initial albums full of covers, they had a few with no covers, and then with BEGGARS, BLEED, FINGERS, EXILE, IORR, BAB and SOME GIRLS, a bit of a gap until DIRTY WORK being the last one, at least as I can think of it as of now not including STRIPPED, it's been a while with an album with at least one cover - what, 2 on DW, they had 2 for IORR lined up. Is that it for albums with 2 covers post 1965 or whenever, AFTERMATH?

What an awful long question.

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:48

GasLightStreet
I can't recall if anyone has suggested it but watch them release TWO albums this year.
A double studio album would be great..Ala Exile...I would welcome it but of course people would complain about all the "filler'....If you mean two completely different studio LPs that would be pretty cool too!....it would be a major surprise. Gotta think they have plenty of stuff recorded BY NOW....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2019 23:57

….AAhhh double album !!! … now that'd be way wild …
but at this moment a friggin' single track would set the heart on fire ….

ROCKMAN

Date: February 2, 2019 23:59

KRiffhard
mtaylor
He is also writing but songs right now

[twitter.com]

but the music is good

...better than "Really wanna teeeeeeell the truuuuuth"!!!

Keith has always had great taste in music, as has Charlie with his love of jazz.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: February 3, 2019 00:36

Jeez. I don’t have a real opinion about Tell the Truth from that clip at all. To me it sounds like R&B, and demoish. If it winds up produced in the manner of Mick’s solo single from last year, I won’t play it much, but we have no real idea what it is going to sound like unless and until it’s released.

In the general, I guess I’m a bit like Gas Light Street. Anything the Stones release that I enjoy is a plus. What I don’t enjoy is neithe4 here nor there. I’m a big enough yenta to care about their legacy because I love the Rolling Stones, but it has no real effect on my life.

As for the Mick vs Keith thing, well, we’re not exactly making it up. The two have been at battle on and off since the ER Sessions. My taste runs more toward Keith’s in that time, which is why I like his solo albums and don’t care for Mick’s. But Keith does not equal the Rolling Stones. That is a collabotation. Mick has been a giant part of that. I don’t want a Stones album to sound like the Black Crowes. I don’t think Keith does either. I’m sure he thinks more highly of Mick Jagger than he does of Chris Robinson. That they can’t seem to collaborate effectively anymore is a drag, but such is life. The blues album sounds like them. Stripped and the small live shows of that era too. I’ll take what we can get.

Date: February 3, 2019 02:24

diverseharmonics
GasLightStreet
A double studio album would be great..Ala Exile...I would welcome it but of course people would complain about all the "filler'....If you mean two completely different studio LPs that would be pretty cool too!....it would be a major surprise. Gotta think they have plenty of stuff recorded BY NOW....

VL, BTB and ABB were double albums - they, just like EOMS, all fit on one digital record.

I do mean two different LPs. One before the tour - or mid-tour, one at the end of the year. It's not like they're going to tour for it for 2 or 3 years like they have since 1981.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home