Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...268269270271272273274275276277278...LastNext
Current Page: 273 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:34

Love hearing the small sample, now give us more.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 30, 2019 23:40

tumblingdice
Love hearing the small sample, now give us more.

thumbs upcool smileythumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:11

Needs alot more work...too poppy...maybe ends up another Jagger solo?
If it's for the Stones, hope it isn't finished/released as a single before the upcoming tour...can't imagine them playing it live.
Thought the blues covers would rub off on Mick in a bigger way - evidently not on this tune.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:11

Is this the best stuff from 40 demos???
Truely amazing

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:14

Gaetzi
That's a great groove! Almost has an upbeat, calypso/ reggae feel to it

It sure does! Psyched! I hope they play a couple of new songs on the tour!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:19

Is that some autotune going on in those backing vocals?

Date: January 31, 2019 00:20

Hairball
If it's for the Stones, hope it isn't finished/released as a single before the upcoming tour...can't imagine them playing it live.
Thought the blues covers would rub off on Mick in a bigger way - evidently not on this tune.

Let's all relax, there was all of 22 seconds on that clip with no drums and no Keef. I thought the chorus clip was catchy......

Date: January 31, 2019 00:21

After this , my hopes lie now on the four killer riffs

Date: January 31, 2019 00:23

Woz
Hairball

Let's all relax, there was all of 22 seconds on that clip with no drums and no Keef. I thought the chorus clip was catchy......

OK take a deep breath...relax...take walk around the block...bang head against wall....listen to the opening riff of Happy playing in my head...ahh I feel much better now. smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2019 00:27

Seems like a strong reaction for what amounts to 0.5% of a 45 minute album......272 pages of discussion about a new album, wondering if the band is recording, where the band is recording etc. etc. and and after 22 seconds some folks are ready to give up LOLOLOLOL!!!! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 00:29 by Woz.

Date: January 31, 2019 00:28

It seems y hay the Wall is still hard and thick

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:34

I liked the snatch I heard, groovy guitars going on and a melody that's stuck inn my head after only a couple of listens. I liked that there were a stack of harmonies (autotuned or not).

Gimme more, gentlemen!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 31, 2019 00:36

peoplewitheyes
I liked the snatch I heard, groovy guitars going on and a melody that's stuck inn my head after only a couple of listens. I liked that there were a stack of harmonies (autotuned or not).

Gimme more, gentlemen!

I thought I heard Ronnie but maybe I put him in it.

Good review. I agree.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: January 31, 2019 02:03

It’s catchy...can’t wait to hear the full song.

Between this song and the one with Mick on the harmonica that he posted last year, it looks like this could be an eclectic album as has been described.

-Cam

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: January 31, 2019 02:30

Nice catchy chorus. Mick seems to be in good spirits. He's probably playing on a backing track. It doesn't look like there are other musicians on it at this point.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 31, 2019 02:54

DiegoGlimmerStones
[www.instagram.com] Jagger with new material!!!

Sounds OK, sounds bit like Mick revisiting late-70s disco but I'm not sure if Keith would be willing to sprinkle his fairy dust on this.

Offhand I'd rather think this is a Mick solo track.

jlowe
doitywoik
Maybe Charlie is already there for 3 weeks, checking out the races, feeding the horses ... just another well-dressed elderly gentleman, not sure if any press hack would recognize him ... winking smiley

If he's well dressed wouldn't he stick out like a sore thumb in LA.....and therefore be easily recognisable?

OK, let's change it to, just another elderly guy betting away his pension at the race track? LOL

Date: January 31, 2019 04:42

This Album Will Be Amazing!!!
Mick Jamming Compilation 2018 - 2019!

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 31, 2019 05:16

Regarding the snippets, I love what we hear of the blues tune and I like the funky pop song. The noisy guitar one isn't really to my liking and the tour promo is fun, but likely no more a real song than "Exile on Main Street Blues." If these give an idea of what the album sounds like, I'm looking forward to it. I don't expect a period piece recording, I just want songs that I like. I like what little we've heard thus far.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 05:17 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: January 31, 2019 05:44

With talk of them possibly working on old outtakes/demos along with some new stuff, there's still hope this will eventually see the light of day....

The Rolling Stones - Dancing Girls

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 31, 2019 07:19

Please Keef...keep this Mick's solo song away from new album!

Date: January 31, 2019 08:48

kowalski
Nice catchy chorus. Mick seems to be in good spirits. He's probably playing on a backing track. It doesn't look like there are other musicians on it at this point.

Ronnie is on it.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: January 31, 2019 08:48

I know it's foolish to judge from a 15 seconds clip, but I can't help say that if this is the hook of a track of the new album I am deluded

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:50

Yey to Rocky!

Posted by: edkeef ()
Date: January 31, 2019 10:58

I hardly ever post and I've enjoyed many of you regular posters for years!

I just watched all 4 of those clips and something jumped out at me and I am wondering if I am missing something.
All 4 of those clips are upbeat with a relatively fast tempo and they all have plenty of GUITARS! AND... They all sound like a.....ready?
Rock N Roll album!

I have loved this band since 1968 when I first heard "Jumpin 'Jack Flash" and then "Honky Tonk Women" and "Brown Sugar" sealed the deal!
No I don't hear any of those in the clips, but let's keep this in perspective.

After Exile, all hyped up for the new single.... gotta just be a killer! Got "Angie". Great song, but at the time my response was what is on the other side?
Where's the rock n roll?

When I went to Tower Records the day "Some Girls" was released (and I got the first flippin" copy!), they were playing it in the store, and not yet familiar "Beast of Burden" with the falsetto part in the middle, and my first reaction was, oh no, why are they trying to sound like the Bee Gees? Again, one of their best ballads after only a few days to digest.

Then the one that really frosted me! I get all my friends around the radio for the World premiere of the new Rolling Stones single!
And then "Emotional Rescue" comes on, and all I could do is apologize and not try to look that embarrassed! And after "Some Girls", the album that brought the Stones back to credibility to so many that had written them off. uhhhh. I needed a rescue after that!
I personally now think the song is a great groove and funny. I don't understand the strong hate some have for it. It's funny! It's supposed to be funny!

So, now we have these 4 clips and Mick is playing guitar, like he belongs to a Rock n Roll band again! And the newest one, the "really want to tell the truth", I love it! It sounds like a catchy song... I don't think that is the chorus, but maybe a bit right before a chorus or refrain.... and it's got GUITARS that sound like it could easily take off into the kind of guitar funk jam that "Miss You" became on the '78 and '81 tours.... to me, the last tours that song had some guts and passion to it. So yeah.... 4 clips.... all with Mick playing rock and roll type songs on a GUITAR and one with a killer harp break in an upbeat bluesy jam. What is to complain about here?

Seems the earth might be tilting and Mick might have to veto Keith from giving us 3 more "Losing My Tou-uh uh uhch-es" AND GOD KNOWS I LOVE KEITH RICHARDS.
So Keith, I think the ball is in your court as we await you and Ron to give us your 4 clips with you playing ROCK N ROLL guitar. Bring Ron and Charlie and Daryl. Heck bring Don Was on bass. We ARE waiting.

I will be like a pig in sh*t if this album is half of a "Some Girls".
They are supposedly aware and working toward something that shows the effort of a classic band. I think from what I am seeing the flesh might be weaker, but it sure sounds like the spirits are willing.
Perhaps we should start a pool and wager some real money on the actual quality and who guesses correct! Or bet tickets!??? Haha
Gold Rings on us all!
Bring it on!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-31 11:01 by edkeef.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 31, 2019 12:37

I like it a lot! A Too much blood-dance tune... :-D

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:08

Well Mick is showing no sign of wanting to sound like ( Keith's Stones ) from the tiny little clips we get from time to time.
Ok it might be catchy, it might even be a hit record if the rest of the track is as catchy as that sample, but this isn't what i need from the Stones, anyone can make that sound, it's not genius, it's pop music by numbers, Ronnie churns them funky groovy tracks out on his solo albums, it's not like anything on Exile, its not Gimme Shelter or even SMU, its mediocrity and a thousand musicians can make that sound.

Yes the wall is still in front of Mick, its looming large, looking taller and stronger with every year that passes, i think now that wall is Keith.

Date: January 31, 2019 13:18

keithsman
Well Mick is showing no sign of wanting to sound like ( Keith's Stones ) from the tiny little clips we get from time to time.
Ok it might be catchy, it might even be a hit record if the rest of the track is as catchy as that sample, but this isn't what i need from the Stones, anyone can make that sound, it's not genius, it's pop music by numbers, Ronnie churns them funky groovy tracks out on his solo albums, it's not like anything on Exile, its not Gimme Shelter or even SMU, its mediocrity and a thousand musicians can make that sound.

Yes the wall is still in front of Mick, its looming large, looking taller and stronger with every year that passes, i think now that wall is Keith.

Though it might be too much based on such a short clip, I am feeling the same. GGAP and EL in comparison sound edgy and challenging

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 31, 2019 13:19

I have gotten some criticism about i dont like the 22 sec from latest instagram chords.
i dont think thats fair. I am entitled to my opinion. i think the 22 sec dont sound like the Stones at all. Like keithsman stated above, any musician can make a tune like the 22 seconds we hear.
and...i know the Stones were at the peak in the seventies. thats completely true. i know they cant make that music standard any more. but come on, i think they can do more than those latest 22 sec.

and..if mick wants to sing those songs. he is completely free to do so, but not under the name of stones music. let him release those kind of stuff inder his own name.

jeroen

Date: January 31, 2019 13:22

Bjorn
I like it a lot! A Too much blood-dance tune... :-D

grinning smiley no way! TMB is a masterpiece, tribal, almost savage in the exploitation of the disco style (and with great lyrics)
this is light-as-feather poppy in comparison (at least the hook in the clip)

Date: January 31, 2019 13:31

Criticising this is just like listening to a 20 seconds excerpt of Miss You or Hot Stuff and then decide Some Girls or Black And Blue is garbage.

This might be a single, hence the funkiness (and the chorus that really sticks in my head).

I liked it! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...268269270271272273274275276277278...LastNext
Current Page: 273 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home