Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...266267268269270271272273274275276...LastNext
Current Page: 271 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 28, 2019 05:01

Hairball
And unless they fly in on a stealth aircraft and are dropped directly into a studio/bunker, there's no easy way for them to hide.

I'm not an angeleno so I don't know much about the LA or SoCal news scene and their tricks, but LAX certainly has a VIP corridor or the like, where they can get off a plane, do their customes and immigration and disappear silently into the night - if they choose to do so and keep a low profile? (So long as they don't pose for selfies with airport staff ... or one of them is caught with an alien apple ... winking smiley)

Of course, once Mick shows his face at some society event it'll be no longer a secret they're there ...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 28, 2019 05:14

Hairball
Nobody is doubting they are coming to L.A., the question is when.
Ronnie said "in about a week's time" which could be anytime within two weeks of when he said it (Jan 17), so we're still in that window, and Keith said "next week" which could mean anything.
Sure they could be there right now, or sure they could have already been and left (doubtful), but without a peep it's really hard to say.
Waiting for a tweet from Mick standing at the edge of the Pacific Ocean playing a ukelele...or maybe a paparazzi pic of him with his twenty something yr. old girlfriend from Beverly Hills together at fancy restaurant.

A pic of Mick eating at a restaurant is plausible. However you're not going to see them getting out of their cars or in their cars being driven to the studio.
I am certain someone has saw them in town .. some Journalist in town knows .. but they are told not to publish the images or run the story of what they know ..

It is rare to see people being ushered into the studio .. Recording studios and production studios are given a pass 'the majority of the time' especially when it comes to high profile artists. Someone spotted them at the airports.. Someone saw them inside the studio who knows a journalist. Someone in LA saw them .. but they play nice while it's occurring. Pretty difficult to hide 4 High profile rock stars in arguably the largest music hotbed in the country for a week or two.. (the media simply plays nice for now is all). As was said.. the PR push will come when the album is ready or upcoming...even then there isn't going to be much (if any) coverage of them going into the studios. The Stones can create something (such as the coverage in Four Flicks) ..but the media stays out of it.

Images of high profile people entering the studio are pretty rare. As well.. the Stones and their camp know how to stay under the radar (as most major stars try to). Even images of Michael Jackson etc. heading into the recording studio were the odd one out / rare one. There is logical reasoning for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 05:18 by IanBillen.

Date: January 28, 2019 06:39

Ian, in case they come to your studio, make sure they do something useful and don't just fool around! smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2019 07:34

doitywoik
Ian, in case they come to your studio, make sure they do something useful and don't just fool around! smiling smiley

And might think about padding the walls with some cushions - lord knows there's been enough setbacks throughout this saga.

Ian Billen
I am certain someone has saw them in town .. some Journalist in town knows .. .. Someone saw them inside the studio who knows a journalist. Someone in LA saw them ..

You sound quite certain of all this Ian, but are you sure?

Date: January 28, 2019 07:54

Hairball
doitywoik

And might think about padding the walls with some cushions - lord knows there's been enough setbacks throughout this saga.

Ian Billen
I am certain someone has saw them in town .. some Journalist in town knows .. .. Someone saw them inside the studio who knows a journalist. Someone in LA saw them ..

Yezza ... Ima sure.. 'if' they are there (<I have no idea where they are .. I wish I did lol). We all can be sure. Same with any high profile act. Do ya ever see the media reporting U2 or Lady Gaga as they enter the studio. I am sure it's happened but it's pretty rare. Same is the situation with Beyonce or Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande or Bob Dylan .. or anybody etc. Recording studios (and production studios) are sort of unofficially off limits for Paparazzi. TMZ and other outlets runs less than 10% of the stories they have and the pictures taken and normally if someone does happen to grab one of these people going into the studio they 'normally' don't run a story on it.

If one really wan't to see a star .. Hang out around The Record Plant. It's slightly difficult (but surely not impossible) to get to the back entrance but not impossible. Go to Paramount in LA. The doors can be easily seen both front and side. If one wants to catch someone high profile all you would have to do is sit there right out in front for a day or two ... One could easily take pictures of the fenced in side door right sidewalk. Point is Paparazzi and Media outlets don't do that much at all ... and... . just in case, high profile acts keep a low profile as well and have private access.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 08:00 by IanBillen.

Date: January 28, 2019 08:03

doitywoik

Ha! Ikr ... they would probably show up for 48 hours and then take the next six or eight months off from recording. Getting them there consistently is the hard part!
so hard . it just hasn't happened in like .. 13-14 years Lol.

Date: January 28, 2019 08:23

IanBillen
Hairball
doitywoik

Ian Billen

Yezza ... Ima sure.. 'if' they are there (<I have no idea where they are .. I wish I did lol). We all can be sure. Same with any high profile act. Do ya ever see the media reporting U2 or Lady Gaga as they enter the studio. I am sure it's happened but it's pretty rare. Same is the situation with Beyonce or Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande or Bob Dylan .. or anybody etc. Recording studios (and production studios) are sort of unofficially off limits for Paparazzi. TMZ and other outlets runs less than 10% of the stories they have and the pictures taken and normally if someone does happen to grab one of these people going into the studio they 'normally' don't run a story on it.

If one really wan't to see a star .. Hang out around The Record Plant. It's slightly difficult (but surely not impossible) to get to the back entrance but not impossible. Go to Paramount in LA. The doors can be easily seen both front and side. If one wants to catch someone high profile all you would have to do is sit there right out in front for a day or two ... One could easily take pictures of the fenced in side door right sidewalk. Point is Paparazzi and Media outlets don't do that much at all ... and... . just in case, high profile acts keep a low profile as well and have private access.

Studio scenario aside, was just wondering if you knew for certain if they were in L.A. in general- but like everyone else you really have no idea where they are.
I suppose they could literally be living in a studio without even a moment for some fresh air, but being in beautiful sunny Southern California, doubt that's the case.
Waiting for Mick or Keith (or Ronnie) to spill the beans, but so far not a hint. Maybe some time this week there will be confirmation from either them, an inside source, or the tabloid/paparazzi.

Date: January 28, 2019 09:44

Hairball
IanBillen
Hairball
doitywoik

Ian Billen

Studio scenario aside, was just wondering if you knew for certain if they were in L.A. in general- but like everyone else you really have no idea where they are.
I suppose they could literally be living in a studio without even a moment for some fresh air, but being in beautiful sunny Southern California, doubt that's the case.
Waiting for Mick or Keith (or Ronnie) to spill the beans, but so far not a hint. Maybe some time this week there will be confirmation from either them, an inside source, or the tabloid/paparazzi.

Nope ..gotta say I def do not sir. I know some audio folks in LA (used to live there for a good while doing engineering work .. audio). They would of contacted me if they knew something. The only real w ay to find out is if one works at the facility or studio in which they happen to be at. I knew a few people who worked with Jagger before. One on the mixing of the 1994 VHS tape. Also know a guy who was the studio tech during the Dirty Work sessions (he and Mick actually played video games in the lobby Lol). Now he has his own studio sort of close locally. He's worked with loads of folks. That's the closest I ever got (unless you are counting me picking up Dave Jerdens mail for him while he was out of town Lol...true ..engineer I was working with knew him very well.. I did not, really). It's actually easy to get in with that crowd if you already have a place there.. all you have to be is a likable guy. I've been invited into some higher profile sessions just because I was a nice guy sitting in the lounge working in the studio next door (next room) no kidding. I was older .. cool and they knew I wasn't going to shoot off my mouth to people when I got home or interfere.

I guess my point is this.. I've been there and have seen it go down (certainly not with any of The Stones or someone of their caliber). Still there have been some pretty popular folks I've saw and ...believe it or not .. there are no body guards (at times there is posse they come with tho) and there is nobody following them with cameras. That stuff is mostly for when they go to clubs or major Hollywood events or open public places. When they record nobody even knows and like I say .. the Paparazzi stay clear of those places (sort of an unwritten guideline). I've been inside Henson .. I've worked at Resonate.. I've been to Paramount a few times in fact .... Never saw a single photographer / journalist at any of them .. inside or out. Like I say .. those places are sort of considered out of bounds for that .. not always ..but 99% of the time.

However I'll say this .. it's still kept very hush ..and the people in there are there bc they are not the type of people to spread the word. They keep quiet about things and so does the very small amount of personnel who are fortunate enough to be a part of it... from the receptionist inside to the owner of the studio. You can't just walk in to those places to browse or check out the lounge either lol .. you have to have a reason to be there.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 10:16 by IanBillen.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 28, 2019 11:20

IanBillen
Hairball
doitywoik

Ian Billen

We saw media reporting from AC/DC a few months ago from somewhere in US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 11:21 by mtaylor.

Date: January 28, 2019 11:54

mtaylor
IanBillen
Hairball
doitywoik

Ian Billen

A neighbour to the studio in Vancouver (methinks) shot a few «spy-pics».

There is a difference, though. Had Mick quit the Stones, and then surprisingly come back for a studio album, these stories might have been comparable smiling smiley

Date: January 28, 2019 15:42

mtaylor
IanBillen
Hairball
doitywoik

Ian Billen

Ok yeah and .. I said once in a great while they do it (see above). Rarely does it happen. Where are all the images of Lady Gaga going into the studio lately or Michael Jackson back when? Where were all the images of Christina Aguilera when she was atthe studio with us? I could of taken 100 images of her (though that would not of been cool..and probably would of been asked to stop). Where were her body guards? (mind you .. this is when she was the biggest Pop Star on the planet .. Either her or Brittany Spears). I could of ran a story myself .. hell I even heard the material. No Paparazzi ever showed up outside .. not a one (in LA).

I didn't say it never happened .. I said rarely (which is true) and I explained the reasoning for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 15:44 by IanBillen.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 28, 2019 16:31

It's odd really. At the height of The Beatles fame 66/69 they could be seen going into Abbey Road studios, and giving time to Reporters, fans.
And of course to Apple Scruffs. Even George.
Don't recall the same attention being given to The Stones when they were recording in the UK.
And of course the Fab 4 were often seen visiting Apple @ Saville Row.
This was when it seemed the worlds attention was on their every movement.
But there was none of this cloak and dagger stuff. Of course both John and Paul were very adept PR people.
I mean nowadays, who really cares if these elderly musicians are doing some recording. It won't sell any more papers surely?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 28, 2019 16:35

IanBillen

I am certain someone has saw them in town .. some Journalist in town knows .. but they are told not to publish the images or run the story of what they know ..

Studio's not the only opportunity for the LA paparazzi - they have a network of tipsters and stake out the airport, hotels and restaurants.

They also don't observe omerta.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 16:38 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: January 28, 2019 16:55

Isn't Don Was working with Ryan Adams in LA Capital Studios on his new album(s)? Is he still producing the Stones?

Date: January 28, 2019 17:03

longlongwinter
Isn't Don Was working with Ryan Adams in LA Capital Studios on his new album(s)? Is he still producing the Stones?

Listen here from 01:49. Keith is talking about Don Was and the recording in LA.

Date: January 28, 2019 17:03

IanBillen
Ha! Ikr ... they would probably show up for 48 hours and then take the next six or eight months off from recording. Getting them there consistently is the hard part!
so hard . it just hasn't happened in like .. 13-14 years Lol.

Maybe it just takes the right kind of argument. Y'know, when the whip comes down ... grinning smiley

Date: January 28, 2019 17:05

longlongwinter
Isn't Don Was working with Ryan Adams in LA Capital Studios on his new album(s)?

RA tweeted a photo last week:

The Wasman in the wild

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 17:06 by bye bye johnny.

Date: January 28, 2019 17:06

Always barefoot smiling smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 28, 2019 17:32

Theodora Richards interviewed Don Was on her radio show, which was aired last night. I wonder if he talked something about the new Stones album.

"Me and Don Was on the SiriusXM airwaves tonight at 8pm on channel 28 The Spectrum on my show Off the Cuff. Don is family to me. He’s a mover and shaker in the music industry. Can do it all and is one of the coolest and nicest guys ever so it’s not hard to see why everyone loves workin with him. We talked family and always Stones stuff and just enjoyed having this man to chat up for an hour. One cool cat"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 28, 2019 18:04

Could someone post it please.
Thanks.
Jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 28, 2019 19:12

Cristiano Radtke
Theodora Richards interviewed Don Was on her radio show, which was aired last night. I wonder if he talked something about the new Stones album.

"Me and Don Was on the SiriusXM airwaves tonight at 8pm on channel 28 The Spectrum on my show Off the Cuff. Don is family to me. He’s a mover and shaker in the music industry. Can do it all and is one of the coolest and nicest guys ever so it’s not hard to see why everyone loves workin with him. We talked family and always Stones stuff and just enjoyed having this man to chat up for an hour. One cool cat"

[www.instagram.com]

...old or new stuff?!

Date: January 28, 2019 19:33

bye bye johnny
IanBillen

Studio's not the only opportunity for the LA paparazzi - they have a network of tipsters and stake out the airport, hotels and restaurants.

They also don't observe omerta.

Precisely, and that's what I've been saying all along, yet somehow Ian has been stuck on the studio scenario which I realize is "sacred ground".
Still, that wouldn't stop one of those tipsters from taking a pic if there was an opportunity to do so - for them nothing is sacred.
Again, they're like rabid dogs who sniff out any bit of info. no matter how mundane - as long as it's celebrity related it's fair game.
And I wouldn't consider the Stones being in town mundane. Compared to some of the junk these reporters/paparazzi publish, this is BIG news.smiling smiley

Bottom line, so far no sign of the Stones in L.A.....anywhere!
Could they already have been there and left? Unlikely.
Could they be there right now toiling away in a studio? Maybe.
Have they yet to arrive? Most likely scenario...today could be the day.

Which has me thinking, once they do get to work in L.A., how much time do they have allotted for actual work?
Is it scheduled for a couple of days? Maybe a week at the max? Could it possibly go on longer than that?
I suppose that depends on the progress and vibes of the situation, and hopefully things will go smooth!

PS - The weather is taking a turn from warm and sunny to cool grey skies with rain forecast in a couple of days - might be the perfect time for them to hunker down in the studio and get it done!

Date: January 28, 2019 20:10

Date: January 28, 2019 20:49

Thanks, Cristiano.

Listened to an hour of the interview. Theo and Was each played some of their favorite tracks. Only Stones talk up to that point was about "Bridges To Babylon" - Theo picked "You Don't Have To Mean It" and Was "How Can I Stop". Without elaborating, he said at the time he thought that may be the band's last recording...until they returned to the studio the following week.

Date: January 28, 2019 21:00

bye bye johnny
Thanks, Cristiano.

Listened to an hour of the interview. Theo and Was each played some of their favorite tracks. Only Stones talk up to that point was about "Bridges To Babylon" - Theo picked "You Don't Have To Mean It" and Was "How Can I Stop". Without elaborating, he said at the time he thought that may be the band's last recording...until they returned to the studio the following week.

Thank BBJ thumbs up
So nothing about new stuff sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-28 21:01 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 28, 2019 21:21

Keith Richards Reveals Rolling Stones’ Studio Plans and Why They Still Tour

Guitarist also says the band’s legacy is on their mind this time: “It has to be written in a different way, whatever the ending is.”

By Patrick Doyle

Keith Richards The Rolling Stones in concert in Berlin, Germany - 22 Jun 2018 Keith Richards (C) of the British Rock band The Rolling Stones performs during a concert at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, Germany, 22 June 2018.
Hayoung Jeon/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutter

“I’m OK, man, as usual — freezing!” says Keith Richards, calling from his home in Connecticut on a recent January afternoon. The guitarist is checking in to talk about the 30th anniversary reissue of Talk is Cheap, his classic album with his solo project the X-Pensive Winos, which is out March 29th (a deeper story on that album will come closer to release). Richards has a lot more happening in the next few months. The Rolling Stones kick off their first U.S. stadium run in five years on April 20th in Miami — but before that, Richards reveals, the band will return to the studio for about a week to continue work on their first album of original songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang. “I’m preparing more than anything else, putting material together,” he says.

This is good news for fans, who were alarmed late last year when guitarist Ronnie Wood hinted that work had stalled on the album, which was already in progress. “Mick and Keith wanted to make sure the songs were really good, so we’ve sort of taken a step back again,” said Wood. Around the same time, Richards said he wasn’t sure when the band would get back to work.

But Richards spent his holidays taking stock of the material. He describes the process: “Sometimes it’s not as much writing as listening to what’s been written and figuring it out, and honing and all kinds of stuff.” He trails off and laughs: “It’s very boring. It’s like a carpentry shop.”

Richards says it’s “perfect timing” to hit the studio before the tour. He’s extremely excited for the U.S. run, which includes New Orleans’ Jazz Fest and multiple nights in New Jersey and Chicago stadiums. “It’s what I do,” Richards says, adding that the country holds a sentimental place dating back to their breakthrough in 1964. “To play back in the States again, it’s fantastic. It’s been a while. I always think of it as our really early hunting grounds. Although we had already done it in England, to work over a whole continent was pretty astounding. So I’ve always had a soft spot for working in America.”

Stones tours often begin with a surprise club show, a dream scenario for fans. “I’m hoping,” Richards says when asked about the possibility of one. “We haven’t in the last couple of tours. We still wanted to. I think it was a matter of logistics. Finding the right venue or whatever didn’t happen. So it’s definitely on the menu, let’s put it that way. Hors d’oeuvres!”

Fans can expect some surprises on the tour, which last year included live rarities like “She’s a Rainbow” and “Fool to Cry.” Richards has some ideas for songs he hopes to break out: “I’ve been thinking about it, but you sort of caught me there, because there are, but I’m not going to tell you! You understand my hesitation there.”

At 75, Richards says stepping onstage at a stadium gives him a feeling he’s yet to get tired of. “Not at all,” he says. It helps that the rest of the band is in a good place: “I mean, hey, how bad can it be? You get up there and do what you love to do, and fortunately so do millions of others. It’s not something to turn your nose up at, you know. And it’s what I do. It’s the way the band feels. You can only do this if everybody is absolutely on. And the fact that they all are is an incredible tribute to the lads. They just want to do it.”

The guitarist knows the band is making history with their longevity, and their legacy is no doubt a factor in why they are still touring. “I think it’s also, how can you stop?” he adds. “Because I think it has to be written in a different way, whatever the ending is.”

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 28, 2019 21:23

KRiffhard
[player.siriusxm.com]

Not playable in the Netherlands, maybe not even outside the USA??

Date: January 28, 2019 21:35

"The Sirius XM Site and Service are intended for use and viewing by trial and paid subscribers who are residents of the United States only."

[www.siriusxm.com]

Date: January 28, 2019 21:44

Thanks Cristiano for the interview- lots to ponder!

The guitarist is checking in to talk about the 30th anniversary reissue of Talk is Cheap, his classic album with his solo project the X-Pensive Winos, which is out March 29th
(a deeper story on that album will come closer to release).

Looking forward to that story. thumbs up

Richards says it’s “perfect timing” to hit the studio before the tour.

Well he previously said it's perfect timing to hit the studio right after a tour, but maybe now he's thinking along the lines of getting something new completed before the tour starts?!

Richards reveals, the band will return to the studio for about a week to continue work on their first album of original songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang. “I’m preparing more than anything else, putting material together...Sometimes it’s not as much writing as listening to what’s been written and figuring it out, and honing and all kinds of stuff. It’s very boring. It’s like a carpentry shop"

Hmmm...just a week? Hopefully they can get something accomplished and the results won't be boring - even if just finishing one song!

Good news about the possibility of a club show "it’s definitely on the menu, let’s put it that way. Hors d’oeuvres"!- hope it happens!!!

The guitarist knows the band is making history with their longevity, and their legacy is no doubt a factor in why they are still touring. “I think it’s also, how can you stop?” he adds. “Because I think it has to be written in a different way, whatever the ending is.”

Whatever the ending is, it's been an amazing journey.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 28, 2019 21:48

Let's get on with the recording!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...266267268269270271272273274275276...LastNext
Current Page: 271 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home