Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...264265266267268269270271272273274...LastNext
Current Page: 269 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 25, 2019 20:44

Maybe they fly private and get to stay private?

Either way, a lil clip would be nice

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 25, 2019 21:29

Testify
But what is the problem if there were songs written years ago among the new songs? But really it would be a problem? They do not steal anything, they are still their songs, which then come from sessions of years ago for me is completely irrelevant!

thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 25, 2019 22:48

We often hear about it after the session has just finished for obvious reasons. They don't want to be bothered and don't want a crowd and worse, paparazzi when they enter and exit the studio or when they attempt to enjoy a meal with family or friends.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 25, 2019 23:01

runrudolph
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
Jagger busy with ballet in LA

[www.laoldies.com]

Old news..

The big thing in LA now is that the boys are recording again smiling smiley
Has this been reported in LA, how is it a big thing there? Has it been confirmed that the "boys" are in LA or that they are recording again, other than keith and Woody saying what was planned?

To put things in perspective: It's probably a big thing for LA Stones fans that Keith and Woody said they'll record there now. The ballet-story has been posted here umpteen times.

OK? smiling smiley
If Stones are in LA recording is not a BIG thing. Not anymore.
There are other acts / persons in LA attracting much more attention than Stones do nowadays.

well, then go to the other peoples sites.
For me, the Stones recording again is big news.
Jeroen

BIG NEWS!!!! - They have talked about recording a NEW album the last 10 years. If we get a new album, LP, EP or a single God only knows. But, hello, this has been the talk the last many years. 18 months ago we got two sloppy songs "England lost" and another irrelevant song as Mick Jagger songs. In 10 years we have gotten somehow one decent song "Doom and Gloom". How good is that??

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 25, 2019 23:30

iamoh
jeroen

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2019 23:38

mtaylor
runrudolph
mtaylor
DandelionPowderman
Rokyfan
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
Jagger busy with ballet in LA

[www.laoldies.com]

Old news..

The big thing in LA now is that the boys are recording again smiling smiley
Has this been reported in LA, how is it a big thing there? Has it been confirmed that the "boys" are in LA or that they are recording again, other than keith and Woody saying what was planned?

To put things in perspective: It's probably a big thing for LA Stones fans that Keith and Woody said they'll record there now. The ballet-story has been posted here umpteen times.

OK? smiling smiley
If Stones are in LA recording is not a BIG thing. Not anymore.
There are other acts / persons in LA attracting much more attention than Stones do nowadays.

well, then go to the other peoples sites.
For me, the Stones recording again is big news.
Jeroen

BIG NEWS!!!! - They have talked about recording a NEW album the last 10 years. If we get a new album, LP, EP or a single God only knows. But, hello, this has been the talk the last many years. 18 months ago we got two sloppy songs "England lost" and another irrelevant song as Mick Jagger songs. In 10 years we have gotten somehow one decent song "Doom and Gloom". How good is that??

They're a working band!!!

Date: January 25, 2019 23:49

runrudolph
Yeah..but no news or reports showing for it.
Fingers crossed for some news next week.
Jeroen

It was in Google News. I saw it.

Date: January 25, 2019 23:54

Testify
But what is the problem if there were songs written years ago among the new songs? But really it would be a problem? They do not steal anything, they are still their songs, which then come from sessions of years ago for me is completely irrelevant!

Only those that have issues with LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS, EXILE ON MAIN STREET, GOATS HEAD SOUP, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, TATTOO YOU and UNDERCOVER having tracks were started at or done for previous album sessions would have issue with tracks from previous sessions.

Which is stupid. But some people are like that.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 25, 2019 23:56

GasLightStreet
runrudolph
Jeroen

Keith and Ronnie's quotes, or reports that any of them are actually in LA? Have there been any of those? On the other hand, have there been any reports of any of them being anywhere else?

Flaop

Posted by: ReginaPhalange ()

Hairball
I've heard nothing yet, similar to the way we've heard nothing from a supposed new album.
When they get to L.A. it will be well documented by all the paparazzi who literally stalk famous people at airports, hotels, restaurants, etc. (see TMZ).
Seeing as there's been none of that so far, leads me to believe they're nowhere near here. Maybe next week?

Jagger was still in Mustique as of Wednesday. He was spotted at the Mustique Blues Festival (mentioned by some of the performers).

Date: January 26, 2019 00:08

Rokyfan
GasLightStreet
runrudolph
Jeroen

Keith and Ronnie's quotes, or reports that any of them are actually in LA? Have there been any of those? On the other hand, have there been any reports of any of them being anywhere else?

Oh. No. The ballet thing.

Date: January 26, 2019 00:25

"Are they there yet? Are they there yet?" It's like a road trip with small children.

Didn't Keith or Ronnie say "in a week or so?"

Even if we find out they're all in one city at the same time, do you imagine we'll know how each day in the studio is going? It's a session. Hopefully they release new material, but with so much carping about what they have released in the last 15 years, why is anyone even worked up over it?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2019 01:15

For all we know, they could hit another darn wall! eye popping smiley
And if they do (God forbid), at least they can go outside and enjoy the beautiful sunny warm weather we're currently experiencing in the area.
Might even inspire a few new tunes and/or some more "dynamite riffs" lol.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 26, 2019 08:20

Hairball
For all we know, they could hit another darn wall! eye popping smiley
And if they do (God forbid), at least they can go outside and enjoy the beautiful sunny warm weather we're currently experiencing in the area.
Might even inspire a few new tunes and/or some more "dynamite riffs" lol.

Well from the sounds of it they have a load of material according to Keith .. (sure..Keith always BS's ..but I think this time he is more spot-on than off).

IMO they damn well SHOULD .. they have only spent at least or over three years working on this thing so far Lol

Date: January 26, 2019 08:59

Ian Billen
sure..Keith always BS's ..but I think this time he is more spot-on than off

Hmmm...what makes you think that? I dunno....seems he talks out of both sides of his mouth. One month he sounds like a grumpy old bastard, and the next he makes it sound as if everything has been running smoothly since they started. Sure they might have a load of material, but have a hard time believing it will meet their high standards. And even though he said this new load is from the last year, for all we know it could be the same 40 demos and three dynamite riffs they started out with several years ago (minus Getta Grip/England Lost). Hoping they can at least finish a single prior to the tour, and something tells me that's what their main focus is right now - finishing one new song.

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: January 26, 2019 10:20

Hairball
Ian Billen
sure..Keith always BS's ..but I think this time he is more spot-on than off

Hmmm...what makes you think that? I dunno....seems he talks out of both sides of his mouth. One month he sounds like a grumpy old bastard, and the next he makes it sound as if everything has been running smoothly since they started. Sure they might have a load of material, but have a hard time believing it will meet their high standards. And even though he said this new load is from the last year, for all we know it could be the same 40 demos and three dynamite riffs they started out with several years ago (minus Getta Grip/England Lost). Hoping they can at least finish a single prior to the tour, and something tells me that's what their main focus is right now - finishing one new song.

Well no .. I am not suggesting all the material is good .. or finished. I'm simply saying I am damn sure by now they have loads of ideas .. songs .. concepts .. etc. I say that because he .. Mick .. and both of them together have been writing for this for three friggin years or more...They certainly should. Now .. will this turnout to be quality stuff ...and enough of it for an album's worth is yet to be seen (or 'heard' grinning smiley ) .. ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-26 10:21 by IanBillen.

Date: January 26, 2019 10:34

True enough Ian, and on top of everything they may have come up with the last three years or more (including the good, the bad, and the ugly) don't forget all the leftovers they might be attempting to resurrect!
When you think of it in this light, there's a chance they will release a triple album some day of original tunes...could be ten years from now, but might be worth the wait?

Date: January 26, 2019 11:14

I am sure they are revording more stuff for releases in the future. I mean there will be new stuff to be released in 80 years from now.
Jeroen

Date: January 26, 2019 11:28

Rocky, do you know if they've worked on old outtakes from Emotional Rescue/Undercover sessions?
I hope so! They have good stuff from that period: Chainsaw Rocker, Stop That, Not the way to go, What's the matter, Keep it cool...

Date: January 26, 2019 15:32

If what I heard was correct, they're working on a handful of tracks from the last 25-30 years (sounds ridiculous, I know) along with about 20 new songs written between 2011 and 2018. Let's see what Soldatti and Bjornulf hear. I never trust a single source. Things have to align.

An example would be that I have never heard that it was all rough unfinished demos. Since 2016, I've heard that they were doing this album differently with songs in various states. Some tracks were mixed while others were still being developed. This doesn't make sense in terms of studio time/cost, but it's what I heard. I also heard there were multiple versions of the same songs. First, I heard that meant Mick's version and Keith's version and later I was told there were versions by different producers or "consultants."

Other than that I've heard it was an eclectic mix of styles (aren't they always?), but also that some of it was traditional, some of it was modern, and some of it was weird experimental. Not sure which categoy material like "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" fell into, but allegedly they weren't the only two tracks with that sort of sound, there were supposed to be 3 or 4 others.

Keith wanted to go back to material from BRIDGES and LICKS that hadn't been used and Don Was also wanted them to look at material from STEEL WHEELS (very odd since he didn't produce it) and VOODOO LOUNGE. That is everything I've heard. Whether genuine or not, I couldn't say.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-26 15:40 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: January 26, 2019 16:00

Rocky Dijon
If what I heard was correct, they're working on a handful of tracks from the last 25-30 years (sounds ridiculous, I know) along with about 20 new songs written between 2011 and 2018. Let's see what Soldatti and Bjornulf hear. I never trust a single source. Things have to align.

An example would be that I have never heard that it was all rough unfinished demos. Since 2016, I've heard that they were doing this album differently with songs in various states. Some tracks were mixed while others were still being developed. This doesn't make sense in terms of studio time/cost, but it's what I heard. I also heard there were multiple versions of the same songs. First, I heard that meant Mick's version and Keith's version and later I was told there were versions by different producers or "consultants."

Other than that I've heard it was an eclectic mix of styles (aren't they always?), but also that some of it was traditional, some of it was modern, and some of it was weird experimental. Not sure which categoy material like "Gotta Get a Grip" and "England Lost" fell into, but allegedly they weren't the only two tracks with that sort of sound, there were supposed to be 3 or 4 others.

Keith wanted to go back to material from BRIDGES and LICKS that hadn't been used and Don Was also wanted them to look at material from STEEL WHEELS (very odd since he didn't produce it) and VOODOO LOUNGE. That is everything I've heard. Whether genuine or not, I couldn't say.

Thanks Rocky thumbs up

Date: January 26, 2019 18:20

Rocky Dijon

Maybe he remembered "High Or Low","Dont Apologize","Young Love" and his acoustic solo number called " I'm Cured"!!

Date: January 26, 2019 18:20

I have a feeling we will get 3 new songs before april 20.
Jeroen

Date: January 26, 2019 18:41

runrudolph
Jeroen

Jeroen...you're too optimistic!!

Date: January 26, 2019 18:42

runrudolph
I am sure they are revording more stuff for releases in the future. I mean there will be new stuff to be released in 80 years from now.
Jeroen

I find this mentality to be bunk. It must be a joke. Because no one in 80 years will care about what the Stones recorded in 2019 that didn't get released, they'll be interested, if at all, in the 1970s.

Date: January 26, 2019 18:46

GasLightStreet
runrudolph
Jeroen

I find this mentality to be bunk. It must be a joke. Because no one in 80 years will care about what the Stones recorded in 2019 that didn't get released, they'll be interested, if at all, in the 1970s.

They have to have some money for their grand grand children in 80 years time. Thats what i meant.
Jeroen

Date: January 26, 2019 18:49

KRiffhard
runrudolph
Jeroen

Jeroen...you're too optimistic!!

Yeah well. I could have said there wont be a new album never ever. N than i would have been said to be pessimistic.

I just want a few new Killer Stones songs and not Micks demos or shite songs like SOL.
Jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-26 18:51 by runrudolph.

Date: January 26, 2019 18:51

Rocky Dijon
Since 2016, I've heard that they were doing this album differently with songs in various states. Some tracks were mixed while others were still being developed. This doesn't make sense in terms of studio time/cost, but it's what I heard. I also heard there were multiple versions of the same songs. First, I heard that meant Mick's version and Keith's version and later I was told there were versions by different producers or "consultants."

Could be working mixes, to listen to to figure out if more needs to be done, editing, removing something.

They could have finished the tracks and wanted them mixed, to be edited later. The cost of it isn't really any different from doing an album. Think of all the mixes (and remixes, actual remixes, not the stupid club mixes) done for singles, they aren't always done during album mixing sessions.

Date: January 26, 2019 19:53

Good point. It never occurred to me that they could just be rough mixes for playback. I'm accustomed to thinking of a group of recording sessions at one location and a group of mixing and overdubbing sessions at another location. They moved away from that model after VOODOO LOUNGE. Now much prep work is done at home and even studio sessions are sometimes done piecemeal. I don't like the idea, but ultimately it's down to how strong the material is, how good the playing is, and then of course the quality of the production. There's a lot that can go wrong and go right. Hopefully these stop and start sessions that feel like old men tinkering at their hobby results in something that feels more right than wrong.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...264265266267268269270271272273274...LastNext
Current Page: 269 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home