Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...239240241242243244245246247248249...LastNext
Current Page: 244 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 12, 2018 02:46

Bungo
There is a very simple solution to this much discussed "creativity" problem :

Ghostwriters

The glimmers could set aside their pride and pay professionals to write new songs and pay them to put Jagger/Richards on them. This is done a lot more than you might imagine in the music business. There are literally thousands of starving song-writers out there. Everyone has his price.

..you mean like......Matt Clifford, or Steve Jordan....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-12 02:47 by Rip This.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 12, 2018 03:12

Rip This
Bungo

Ghostwriters

The glimmers could set aside their pride and pay professionals to write new songs and pay them to put Jagger/Richards on them. This is done a lot more than you might imagine in the music business. There are literally thousands of starving song-writers out there. Everyone has his price.

..you mean like......Matt Clifford, or Steve Jordan....

You mean, like lying and fraud? Seriously does a ‘new’ song from The Rolling Stones constitute a felony? Good grief.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 12, 2018 05:01

Isn’t there anything left to STEAL, for crying out loud?!??!? smoking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 12, 2018 11:40

georgelicks
Mick: It would be nice to have a new album, but people don't like the new album when you play it on stage.

In my judgement, half the people at a show don’t know most songs anyways and they’re completely new to them. So they could as well play more recent material. If the songs are OK and they find an arrangement that works in a live setting, the audience doesn’t seem to have problem. For example, Saint Of Me, Out Of Control and Flip The Switch are well-received. And if they want people to become familiar with newer songs, the best way is to play some of them live (on a regular basis).

Some songs may just need some work to take them on the road. Just a brief warm-up before the tour, kinda for remembering where the fingers ought to go on a better night, maybe isn’t enough.

georgelicks
Charlie: I suppose, as Mick says, it gives us something different to play on stage. It's not Brown Sugar again.

That alone should be reason enough not to play the same old song all the time.

georgelicks
They don't want to release an endless string of albums as Neil Young or Van Morrison, albums that peak at #20-#30 on the charts and are long gone after a week, too much work to keep 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy.

I’m afraid you are right (also with everything else you said), I just don’t quite want to hear it … grinning smiley

Funnily, Neil’s and Van’s audience have no problem digesting new material at live shows, and Neil still plays songs at times that haven’t even been released (I last experienced this in 2014). Also, what’s wrong with making 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy?

OK, Mick says he’s writing constantly. So, if Keith doesn’t want to play those songs and Mick doesn’t want to sell them to us on a CD, why not make them available as downloads from his website as they come along? The Crim can do it, why can’t the Stones?

Doxa
But for some reason Charlie and Ronnie seem to work only when Jagger is involved, be Keith there or not.

In the end, Ronnie is still just a hired gun - only one with a permanent contract. And Charlie is part of the furniture. Apparently both have more fun making music on their own right away.

Doxa
Could it be the case (a) Keith's riffs aren't so good any longer; (b) Mick thinks that the time and place for those was during those EXILE days, but not any longer;

You might be right on both counts. In recent decades it seems to me that Keith’s riff are more cousins to one another than they used to be. Maybe Mick noticed that too?

Doxa
(c) he simply sees, probably after the experience of "Plundered", the process of completing the songs just asking too much work...

I dunno, I rather had the impression that Mick made sure Keith wouldn’t really get in the way so he could work on them comfortably...

Bungo

Ghostwriters

The glimmers could set aside their pride and pay professionals to write new songs and pay them to put Jagger/Richards on them.

Too late, it’s being done for a long time already - people just do it under their own names right aways.

Here’s a few best albums the Stones never recorded:

- Primal Scream, Give Out But Don’t Give Up
- Izzy Stradlin - I.S. And The JuJu Hounds (<-- there’s even some Stones involvement here, with Ronnie, Ian McLagan and Nicky Hopkins playing on some tracks)
- Everything by the Black Crows grinning smiley

… and a few more that slip my mind right now …

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 12, 2018 13:28

georgelicks
The real reason about the lack of new stuff in the last 10-15 years is not so hard to explain:

1 - They are old and not inspired anymore
2 - 90% of their earnings are from touring
3 - With a 19 warhorse loaded setlist there's no room or need of new stuff
4 - Album sales are a thing from the past, selling 2 million copies today means nothing when a rapper or a pop act can get 200 million streams in a single week, it's all about streaming and old acts are not strong there, during lifetime at least, streams for old acts are great only when you're dead and thankfully the Stones are not there yet.
5 - They are a "brand" not a "band" anymore, a new album is another item to sell and way less important than a t-shirt
6 - They don't want to release an endless string of albums as Neil Young or Van Morrison, albums that peak at #20-#30 on the charts and are long gone after a week, too much work to keep 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy. Let's tour instead.
7 - Mick's latest releases in the U.S. peaked at #39 (GITD), #171 (Alfie), #77 (Best Of) and #26 (Superheavy), he don't want to release another solo low charting album, again, too much work to keep 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy. Let's tour with the Stones instead.

On their own words, Mick and Charlie about a new album in 2013, over 5 years ago:

Mick: It would be nice to have a new album, but people don't like the new album when you play it on stage. They glumly look at you. OK, it will be over in a minute. It's not a good excuse, but it's the truth and has to be said.
I have a lot of songs and I’d love to do some more recording with the band. But we’re going to get through the tour first and then see what happens... I'm working all the time, doing songs and writing. I hope there will be another Stones album. It would be good if there was.

Charlie: There's nothing yet. I've lost track with the record industry world, I don't get it any more. It's gone beyond me. The last single I thought was very good, but things don't mean anything any more. They're just tacked on the end of a reissue – and that ends up selling more than a new album... People say you need a new album out when you go on tour. Well, we did that on our last tour, and I don't know if the record sold. I suppose, as Mick says, it gives us something different to play on stage. It's not Brown Sugar again.

After 5-6 years they are always there: "we’re going to get through the tour first and then see what happens..."

With all that said, the only thing that bothers me, or can't understand actually, is why don't release a 2 track single every year? Or a 4 track EP every 2-3 years?

There's no need for a full album, but a couple of new songs each year is great IMO, the Stones' album catalog won't get hurt with that, it's not a full album, so I really don't get it.

With only 3-4 days in the studio each year, no more than that, they can record 2 songs quick and simple, just like Doom And Gloom and One More Shot, and release it right before each tour, sadly they (and we) missed 2 new songs each year during 2014-15-16-17-18, about 10-12 new songs since 2012, without the need or pressure of a full new album.

Mick did it last year, nobody cared (he neither, nothing was released this year) but it's the right direction in this streaming era.

It's right...But hopefully, about a new release(a new album)Do you think that we can take our finger crossed for a release next year...Maybe in the fall(November/early December)?!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: December 12, 2018 13:47

So, a new album of the Rolling Stones can aim for one of the following options:
1) A mainstream success
2) An artistic success
3) Something to make die-hard fans happy

1) A mainstream success is very unlikely. The closest they got to that in the past 30 years was with Blue & Lonesome and that's still miles off the coast of real mainstream success. Diehard fans would probably hate it, mainstream people prefer Beyoncé.
2) This is my personal favourite. It won't sell good, some diehard fans would be disappointed, the album might take years to catch on (like Exile did, or Berlin from Lou Reed, for instance) but it would be something "honourable" and a last chance to show they once used to be more than just an entertainment band. They used to make albums that "mattered".
3) This is what they tried and done for the past 30 years. I gather that most people on this forum would be happy with that. I don't think Mick Jagger wants that (but he might have learned option 1 is not realistic anymore) and probably - for different reasons - neither does Keith (but he might have learned for option 2 he needs Mick on-board or just go solo). Ronnie and Charlie don't care.

Date: December 12, 2018 14:39

@matxil,
I think your points 2 and 3 have quite some intersecting ground, both only work out if there is good musical material to begin with. I take it for granted that whatever the album will turn out to be, it's not going to be EDM or the like, and they will certainly sound like the Stones (they are the Stones, after all).

--- I'm just remembering an interview from the 90s (I believe) in which the interviewer offered the Stones have turned into a touring band like the Grateful Dead, no longer putting out new stuff and just touring with what's already there. Mick protested heavily... (yet it mustn't be forgotten that the Dead kept adding new original material to their live act also in the later 80s and in the 90s, they just couldn't get it together in the studio any longer)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 12, 2018 14:45

Maybe they should release the Art Collins tapes, the Foxes boxes and more gems, like scarlet, and Keefs take of One more shot officially.

Then we would be Happy.
jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 12, 2018 15:53

corriecas
Maybe they should release the Art Collins tapes, the Foxes boxes and more gems, like scarlet, and Keefs take of One more shot officially.

Then we would be Happy.
jeroen

Instead of recent string of unlistenable easy to roll out live Vault releases which are unhappily received by Stones fans.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 12, 2018 16:03

I don't understand Charlie's comments re the record industry.
His main interest, musically has always been jazz.
Now when were jazz records ever big sellers? Must be over 50 years ago. It hasn't stopped the musicians putting out product on a regular basis. Did Miles Davis care if his new record made the charts? I wouldnt have thought so. It was the creative process that was the main drive.
I would have thought at this stage of their careers The Stones wouldn't be that bothered either. Only Mick's ego might get hurt (a little).
The tours can't be for financial reasons: how much money do you need when you are in your seventies? Mick must be bored to tears with singing the same stuff over and over again.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: December 12, 2018 16:13

jlowe
The tours can't be for financial reasons: how much money do you need when you are in your seventies?

Sadly, I don't know this firsthand, but all I can assume from observing is that at some point having a lot of money shifts your goal from being able to buy or do stuff, to just plain having more money.

Date: December 12, 2018 16:18

georgelicks
The real reason about the lack of new stuff in the last 10-15 years is not so hard to explain:

1 - They are old and not inspired anymore
2 - 90% of their earnings are from touring
3 - With a 19 warhorse loaded setlist there's no room or need of new stuff
4 - Album sales are a thing from the past, selling 2 million copies today means nothing when a rapper or a pop act can get 200 million streams in a single week, it's all about streaming and old acts are not strong there, during lifetime at least, streams for old acts are great only when you're dead and thankfully the Stones are not there yet.
5 - They are a "brand" not a "band" anymore, a new album is another item to sell and way less important than a t-shirt
6 - They don't want to release an endless string of albums as Neil Young or Van Morrison, albums that peak at #20-#30 on the charts and are long gone after a week, too much work to keep 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy. Let's tour instead.
7 - Mick's latest releases in the U.S. peaked at #39 (GITD), #171 (Alfie), #77 (Best Of) and #26 (Superheavy), he don't want to release another solo low charting album, again, too much work to keep 50,000-100,000 die hard fans happy. Let's tour with the Stones instead.

On their own words, Mick and Charlie about a new album in 2013, over 5 years ago:

Mick: It would be nice to have a new album, but people don't like the new album when you play it on stage. They glumly look at you. OK, it will be over in a minute. It's not a good excuse, but it's the truth and has to be said.
I have a lot of songs and I’d love to do some more recording with the band. But we’re going to get through the tour first and then see what happens... I'm working all the time, doing songs and writing. I hope there will be another Stones album. It would be good if there was.

Charlie: There's nothing yet. I've lost track with the record industry world, I don't get it any more. It's gone beyond me. The last single I thought was very good, but things don't mean anything any more. They're just tacked on the end of a reissue – and that ends up selling more than a new album... People say you need a new album out when you go on tour. Well, we did that on our last tour, and I don't know if the record sold. I suppose, as Mick says, it gives us something different to play on stage. It's not Brown Sugar again.

After 5-6 years they are always there: "we’re going to get through the tour first and then see what happens..."

With all that said, the only thing that bothers me, or can't understand actually, is why don't release a 2 track single every year? Or a 4 track EP every 2-3 years?

There's no need for a full album, but a couple of new songs each year is great IMO, the Stones' album catalog won't get hurt with that, it's not a full album, so I really don't get it.

With only 3-4 days in the studio each year, no more than that, they can record 2 songs quick and simple, just like Doom And Gloom and One More Shot, and release it right before each tour, sadly they (and we) missed 2 new songs each year during 2014-15-16-17-18, about 10-12 new songs since 2012, without the need or pressure of a full new album.

Mick did it last year, nobody cared (he neither, nothing was released this year) but it's the right direction in this streaming era.

Neil Young's fantastic Psychedelic Pill reached #8 and #2 in the US Billboard in 2012
Crosseyed Heart reach #11 in 2015 USA Billboard
Chuck Berry's Chuck reached #49, 2 and 9 USA Billboard

I understand where they are in life, and we are lucky they are still with us performing live at an acceptable level. But to think that no one has a taste for new songs from the Greatest Rock n' Roll band is ludicrous

Date: December 12, 2018 16:31

jlowe
I don't understand Charlie's comments re the record industry.
His main interest, musically has always been jazz.

You needn't even go as far as jazz. Just to find something a good song does by no means guarantee that it'll be a global hit record, and never did.

I guess Charlie refers to Doom And Gloom. As I have stated many times I find D&G the best single since SMU, but it doesn't fit today's musical top ten landscape, so I'm not really surprised it didn't top the charts for weeks. To be honest, I found it even surprising way back then that SMU became such a big hit because it didn't really fit the top 40 radio landscape then either (but was much closer).

As long as Mick doesn't consider to use autotune to go along with a fat monotonous beat over a sample loop and a transparent I IV V vi chord progression (or some permutation thereof) chances are slim anyway. (At least, their catalogue is rich enough to find fitting samples from their own songs ...)

Date: December 12, 2018 16:33

Maindefender
corriecas

Then we would be Happy.
jeroen

Instead of recent string of unlistenable easy to roll out live Vault releases which are unhappily received by Stones fans.

hot smileysmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 12, 2018 16:47

This doesn't really fit the current topic of discussion, but a friend pointed out to me that Ronnie's set list book lists five more titles of a total of seven new tracks cut for the upcoming album. No guarantee they'll ever be released or if they are, that they still have the titles they did three years ago:

Bad Luck Hideaway
Bottom of My Heart
Drive Me Too Hard
Fool's Paradise
Get Out of My Way
Gimme the Cash
Never There

The information was shared on Martin Elliott's FB page and will doubtless soon be on Nico's site.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-12 16:56 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 12, 2018 17:00

Rocky Dijon

Gimme the Cash

"Gimme the Cash (But Card Will Do)" sounds a classic already to me....grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 12, 2018 17:02

It might be the same track as "Get Out of My Way." Maybe a different set of lyrics?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 12, 2018 17:04

Rocky Dijon
This doesn't really fit the current topic of discussion, but a friend pointed out to me that Ronnie's set list book lists five more titles of a total of seven new tracks cut for the upcoming album. No guarantee they'll ever be released or if they are, that they still have the titles they did three years ago:

Bad Luck Hideaway
Bottom of My Heart
Drive Me Too Hard
Fool's Paradise
Get Out of My Way
Gimme the Cash
Never There

The information was shared on Martin Elliott's FB page and will doubtless soon be on Nico's site.[/quote

I am more interested in what Mick wrote for a forward :-)
But would happily have these titles for new tunes Thanks!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: December 12, 2018 17:19

bitusa2012
IanBillen

Or better yet .. why does everyone make excuses FOR Mick & Keith.? Why does everyone say to those who call The Stones out on it .. say they are being selfish or harsh .. or not understanding enough?

The Stones aren't on their death beds ( ... folks.

Oh yes .. and btw .. they have negotiated a record contract for a couple million and the label is expecting an album .. not to mention the fact that they started one three years ago (at least).

So then .. Whats the problem of saying Yo .. get the album out already .. its been 13/ 14 years?

Not understanding why people cut them so much slack on that .. and not understanding why they think people are selfish simply bc they want what they say they are working on for so long? lol

Pa-leeeeese.

I TOTALLY agree with this. They are either CREATIVE MUSICAL artists or they're not. If they're not, they ARE just the world's most expensive oldies or nostalgia act. And enough is enough... Yes, they ARE still, in the main, great on stage, but it IS now the same old, same old. Jagger himself says he never wants to be an oldies act. Yet he now seemingly is content to be so. Keith says he loves the studio... Why? If what he does in there never sees the light of day?

Look, I don't expect another Exile or Sticky or Bleed. But I would love another album just to throw up, possibly, a couple of gems. But at least a new album WOULD be new, and show the world they are still creative artists

Am I being selfish in wanting the band I have followed for over 50 years to BE a band, a creative band? Creating music, not just visual extravaganzas to showcase their back catalogue? They're going out with a visual whimper it seems...

Agreed on all accounts. I was / am actually hoping for something special .. we shall see .. IF it happens?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 12, 2018 17:46

@Rocky - thanks for sharing the titles, too bad they hit the wall 3 years ago !

blivet
jlowe
The tours can't be for financial reasons: how much money do you need when you are in your seventies?

Sadly, I don't know this firsthand, but all I can assume from observing is that at some point having a lot of money shifts your goal from being able to buy or do stuff, to just plain having more money.

Yes I suppose you can never have enough money AND there's likely a lot of "pressure" from the "entourage" (management, musicians, techs, etc...) who feed off the beast in what is likely one of the best paying gigs around.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 12, 2018 18:53

Gimme the Cash...funny, sounds like something Spinal Tap would release.
And just now looking at a list of Spinal Tap songs , lo and behold they released a song called Gimme Some Money way back in 1984! Spinal Tap
Maybe the Stones should record a cover of Spinal Taps Christmas With the Devil!

Date: December 12, 2018 19:35

From 2013:

BUT ...then there's these quotes from both Mick and Keith from 2005:

Mick: If we go out on tour, we gotta do a record. It shows you are an actual functioning rock band. I don't want to be one of those bands that just does hits. People say, I much prefer to hear "Brown Sugar" than some new song. Well, I don't give a shit what you prefer. If everyone else in the band had said, We can't be bothered, no one listens to our new records, fair enough. There's no harm in (touring behind a greatest hits CD) occasionally but we didn't want to do it again so soon. You become like an oldies band. We put new stuff out because we still can. We have lots of it - it's not like we're just eking out. Rock fans tend to be conservative. Ah, I much prefer "Brown Sugar". Yeah, well, but listen to THIS, @#$%&.

Keith: The last tour, you might say, was basically resting on your laurels. It was like celebrating your wonderful career, your great success and all that... After that, we needed to prove ourselves again. I don't think we would be talking about the new tour if it was pure regurgitation.

That's quite a contrast in attitude, and to use their own words from 2005 to define their current status if no new material is released:

They're a non-functioning oldies band that just does hits and are resting on their laurels....in other words pure regurgitation.

I've seen many concerts in the past where an entire new album is played live, and that's what made them so memorable.
Pink Floyd performing The Wall in it's entirety with no other songs. David Gilmour performing On an Island in it's entirety the first set, and the second set a bunch of classic Pink Floyd material.
And Neil Young performing Greendale in it's entirety. And many other concerts from bands with a new album who play quite a few new tunes during their set.
So why would Mick give a crap about what fans think about playing new material? I can't think of any other band or artist who are afraid to play new material because of what the fans might think.
On the contrary, most functioning, active, and creative artists want to express their latest offerings! I wish Mick had the same attitude today as he did back in 2005. Even just one or two new songs!!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 12, 2018 21:12

From Keith and Ronnie's interview with Patrick Doyle of Rolling Stone, posted 12/12:

The Stones plan to bring those good feelings into the studio as they continue work on their first LP of original songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang. Though Jagger and Richards have been writing and recording together for the past few years, Wood says they recently listened to 12 or so tracks and decided to keep working. “Mick and Keith wanted to make sure the songs were really good, so we’ve sort of taken a step back again, have a listen, put more into the pot,” says Wood.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: December 12, 2018 21:21

Yeah..new album ready for release in 2053.
Jeroen

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 12, 2018 21:25

Hairball
I've seen many concerts in the past where an entire new album is played live, and that's what made them so memorable.
Pink Floyd performing The Wall in it's entirety with no other songs. David Gilmour performing On an Island in it's entirety the first set, and the second set a bunch of classic Pink Floyd material.
And Neil Young performing Greendale in it's entirety. And many other concerts from bands with a new album who play quite a few new tunes during their set.
So why would Mick give a crap about what fans think about playing new material? I can't think of any other band or artist who are afraid to play new material because of what the fans might think.
On the contrary, most functioning, active, and creative artists want to express their latest offerings! I wish Mick had the same attitude today as he did back in 2005. Even just one or two new songs!!!

Because touring generates 90% of their earnings, just as Georgelicks already pointed out. Their main aim is to generate as much income as possible with a limited amount of shows. The show is their main focus, the show as an event that draws in as much people as possible at high ticket prices. They obviously fear that they can only achieve that with a greatest hits setlist and as long as they're successful with that, who could blame them for not changing a winning formula? There is simply no pressure anymore that forces them to be creative. Long gone are the days when a record contract forced them to deliver one album plus a couple of singles a year. There are people who claim that the time when artists were more or less strangled by record contracts were the best years. There was not a lot of time for second or third thoughts, artists had deadlines, artists had to deliver and usually they delivered. They'd freed themselves from that a long time ago, whatever they do or don't do is their choice, and at their age, that is nothing we as fans should complain about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-12 21:31 by retired_dog.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 12, 2018 21:46

They played it safe and played the same songs from Blue and Lonesome live - Ridem and Just a Fool - why not attempt the others?. Could the stones play all songs live from Blue Lonesome you would hope they could.

Date: December 12, 2018 22:55

OpenG
They played it safe and played the same songs from Blue and Lonesome live - Ridem and Just a Fool - why not attempt the others?. Could the stones play all songs live from Blue Lonesome you would hope they could.

thumbs upthumbs up Hopefully they will in the US

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: December 12, 2018 23:09

The stones are a great blues band - All blues players and bands have played I can,t quit you baby live - Led Zep, Otis Rush, John Lee Hooker, Gary Moore,John Mayall the listt goes on - So the stones finally record I can,t Quit, You now need time to play it live without Eric Clapton. Jagger 's delivery and vocals were awesome on all the songs from BL , take some chances and play the other songs which to me would be a better sample of songs to play live then Just a Fool and Ridem Down.

Date: December 12, 2018 23:38

retired_dog
Hairball

Because touring generates 90% of their earnings, just as Georgelicks already pointed out. Their main aim is to generate as much income as possible with a limited amount of shows. The show is their main focus, the show as an event that draws in as much people as possible at high ticket prices. They obviously fear that they can only achieve that with a greatest hits setlist and as long as they're successful with that, who could blame them for not changing a winning formula? There is simply no pressure anymore that forces them to be creative. Long gone are the days when a record contract forced them to deliver one album plus a couple of singles a year. There are people who claim that the time when artists were more or less strangled by record contracts were the best years. There was not a lot of time for second or third thoughts, artists had deadlines, artists had to deliver and usually they delivered. They'd freed themselves from that a long time ago, whatever they do or don't do is their choice, and at their age, that is nothing we as fans should complain about.

It wasn't a complaint, it was an observation.
As I said just yesterday in this thread:

"...oh well, that's the way the Stones roll these days...same old, same old...I've accepted it and glad they keep on rolling...
That said, never give up hope for some new material. Against all odds, miracles can happen"!

They don't really have the drive to be creative anymore (or maybe the do, but they keep hitting a wall for whatever reasons), and as you stated it's all about what makes them the most money these days, i.e. touring.
Resting on their laurels, nostalgia, playing oldies, regurgitation...call it what you want, but it is what it is.

Mick: If we go out on tour, we gotta do a record. It shows you are an actual functioning rock band. I don't want to be one of those bands that just does hits.

Lol.

Date: December 12, 2018 23:49

OpenG

From Ronnie: Blue and Lonseome live

“Mick decided to keep it to one [blues number] on the last tour, [maybe because] of his waning confidence in people thinking,
‘Maybe they don’t want to hear too much off of that blues album.’ I disagree there. I think, ‘Come on! Let’s do more! Let’s do a whole blues set!’ That’s what I’d like to do one day.”

A shame as those blues covers really shine when played live, and in my opinion, they - along with Midnight Rambler - were the highlights of both Desert Trips and the *Vegas '16 show.
If they don't have anything new and original play for the upcoming tour, hopefully Ronnie will have some input for the setlists.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...239240241242243244245246247248249...LastNext
Current Page: 244 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home