Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...236237238239240241242243244245246...LastNext
Current Page: 241 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Date: December 8, 2018 19:48

DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Might be because "Keithettes" was used to diminish authority or belittle Keith-fans earlier?

Like feminine qualities should be any poorer than the masculine ones. What utter bullocks. I'm a proud Keithette. A Mickette, too, btw smoking smiley

Was it? Really? My memory is not what it used to be...

Let's talk about feminine qualities! Uhm, better not, we would quickly get another 10 OT pages here. I consider myself a Stonesette, btw. It's ok imo if someone has a favourite band member, but I find it rather funny if this leads to taking sides in band internal rivalry or problems which may be true, but could also as well be constructed by a clever PR strategy...

So back to the new album! Anyone? Rocky? Georgelicks?

How I read the term 'Keithette' in its heyday after Doxa conned it almost as a concept: It was not at all about Keith fans as such. Instead it concerned a certain ideological bias for arguments in favour of Keith and at the cost of others, especially Mick. That bias tends to establish different standards in explanations and in more or less moral judgements of Stones members' doings. Only few Keith fans would then be marked by that idelogical bias much of the time, but, allegedly, some more posters also will from time to time as an exception to their other normal points of view.

Whether Doxa still will find the term topical, or if it for him belonged to a context of its own, I really don't know.

Correct. By calling those fans "girl-ish", though..

From my only slight (maybe too slight) knowledge of it: I see the term as a dimunitive form of Keith. A male form of this dimunitive would probably have been 'Keithet', whereas a female form is 'Keithette'. The latter chosen as more elegant, I guess. My impression is also that "-ette" is a more commonly used suffix form to obtain the dimunitive.

Not at all. It's an intentional degrading fan boy-variant, since it was well-known that the usual suspects here were males. smoking smiley
Oh my God, no, groan...where can I go now to get away from this overkill of PC'ness? Even the new Stones album thread.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 8, 2018 19:51

No, we don't have to agree, Dandelion. I did find it a relief myself though to see one major poster addressing such an ideological bias by conning that concept. In its time that same poster was the main perpetrator of an ideological hegemony I felt strongly opposed to, the socalled Las Vegas Era Syndrom, which comprised both an understanding and a moral betrayal. ( Now instead we have got the almost Unchanging Setlists Tours.)

Outlooks change over time.

Later edits: A missing letter added.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-08 20:10 by Witness.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 8, 2018 20:00

DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Might be because "Keithettes" was used to diminish authority or belittle Keith-fans earlier?

Like feminine qualities should be any poorer than the masculine ones. What utter bullocks. I'm a proud Keithette. A Mickette, too, btw smoking smiley

Let's talk about feminine qualities! Uhm, better not, we would quickly get another 10 OT pages here. I consider myself a Stonesette, btw. It's ok imo if someone has a favourite band member, but I find it rather funny if this leads to taking sides in band internal rivalry or problems which may be true, but could also as well be constructed by a clever PR strategy...

How I read the term 'Keithette' in its heyday after Doxa conned it almost as a concept: It was not at all about Keith fans as such. Instead it concerned a certain ideological bias for arguments in favour of Keith and at the cost of others, especially Mick. That bias tends to establish different standards in explanations and in more or less moral judgements of Stones members' doings. Only few Keith fans would then be marked by that idelogical bias much of the time, but, allegedly, some more posters also will from time to time as an exception to their other normal points of view.

Whether Doxa still will find the term topical, or if it for him belonged to a context of its own, I really don't know.

I can't speak for Doxa obviously, but if the female form was used intentionally, my best guess is that a certain behaviour resembles the behaviour of a teenage girl who falls in love with with a popstar, a person she obviously does not know personally, only his public image and out of this misguided feeling of having a true personal and emotional relationship with this star, defends him against all odds, no matter what ("Say what you want, my boy is a good guy!"). Whether this is a more typical female behaviour or not can be debated (or better not, it may cause an uproar amongst gender activists, ultimately leading to a closure of this thread!), at least I find it a bit irritating when adult persons behave that way.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 8, 2018 20:27

That's all well and fine, but what about Taylorite and should they be allowed to marry?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 8, 2018 20:41

fan girls and fan boys should receive equal representation.

Date: December 8, 2018 21:56

Rocky Dijon
That's all well and fine, but what about Taylorite and should they be allowed to marry?

You want a politically correct or honest answer?

Date: December 8, 2018 22:15

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

From my only slight (maybe too slight) knowledge of it: I see the term as a dimunitive form of Keith. A male form of this dimunitive would probably have been 'Keithet', whereas a female form is 'Keithette'. The latter chosen as more elegant, I guess. My impression is also that "-ette" is a more commonly used suffix form to obtain the dimunitive.

Not at all. It's an intentional degrading fan boy-variant, since it was well-known that the usual suspects here were males. smoking smiley
Oh my God, no, groan...where can I go now to get away from this overkill of PC'ness? Even the new Stones album thread.

LOL! I don't care what I'm called, as long as people dare saying it to my face and have balls enough to explain why.

That's why I like Doxa - because he doesn't hide behind BS and PC-ness. It's other people here who goes to enormous lengths to sugar-coat this smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 8, 2018 22:31

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

LOL! I don't care what I'm called, as long as people dare saying it to my face and have balls enough to explain why.

That's why I like Doxa - because he doesn't hide behind BS and PC-ness. It's other people here who goes to enormous lengths to sugar-coat this smoking smiley

Y'all are getting into some idiotic nitpicky Baby It's Cold Outside rubbish!

Wow.

"I'm offended - someone called me a bitch and I'm a MALE!"

That's the world now. Too PC as @#$%&. Where gender determines the sex of a human animal, not... the sex determining the sex, as in, what is your physical frame. Your physical frame has nothing to do with how you feel or think. It's strictly mechanical.

Ya think anyone started calling chocolate milkshakes something else, whatever the @#$%& some PC freak would call it, in New Orleans when the idiot mayor called New Orleans a chocolate city after Hurricane Katrina?

Nooooooo.

Y'all chill out.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2018 22:48

Who's fighting and what for? …………………………….

ROCKMAN

Date: December 8, 2018 22:55

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Wow.

That's the world now. Too PC as @#$%&. Where gender determines the sex of a human animal, not... the sex determining the sex, as in, what is your physical frame. Your physical frame has nothing to do with how you feel or think. It's strictly mechanical.

Ya think anyone started calling chocolate milkshakes something else, whatever the @#$%& some PC freak would call it, in New Orleans when the idiot mayor called New Orleans a chocolate city after Hurricane Katrina?

Nooooooo.

Y'all chill out.

Don't over-poodle this..

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: December 8, 2018 22:58

treaclefingers
hopkins
i think an album of Twist hits.
There's The Twist
Let's Twist Again
Slow Twistin' (with Dee Dee Sharp) let's see what the new chick person of divine gender can do with that slow steamin' groover...
yesss...

Peppermint Twist Part 1
Peppermint Twist Part 2

that's already half the album.

the other side could be more Twist or variations of the dance craze...
now mickey got brown sugar offa Freddie Cannon record so stay with hoppy for a second with this one...
or not...

like The Fly, The Hucklebuck (a sure crowd pleaser and one of my faves),
The Majestic, The Slop and Land of a thousand dances; he already ruined the Martha and Vandellas thing, sssshhh.....

yeh Stones Dance Party!!
Think about it deep fans.
this could work.
i know a guy who knows a guy...
he could drop a little note to someone who knows someone else,
just a line, and get it to someone who knows someone who works for someone who works for MICK...GUARANTEED BABY

STONES DANCE PARTY

i like it...

Twisting the Night Away,...Sam Cooke?

yes.
starring keith richards
and and some good Wood.
and Stu. whoa a lotta stones piling up in that crew.
none of 'em sing good as sam,
but back in the day the rod the mod's blues voice was incredible; faces ruled.
even without ronnie lane, Tetsu gets no respect but is on the groove and in it...
[www.youtube.com]

well the vid is shitty but the performances was super great imo.
yes all respect to the great unique Sam Cooke.
He left The Soul Stirrers and sort of invented, or was at least
a very significant tent pole in what we now know as Soul Music.
and it's incredible cadres of artists; many of whom very influenced
The Stones and their generation of UK musicians....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 8, 2018 23:13

Hank Ballad was the Twist boy …. B-Side
Maybe Chubby heard when he was pluckin dem chickens

ROCKMAN

Date: December 9, 2018 00:20

retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

The world needs more Taylorites. Unfortunately, there is no genetic proof two Taylorites marrying will raise a family of Taylorites, though sociological proof suggests children of Taylorite families will be more tolerant of Taylorites in general and more comfortable discussing vibratos among their peers.

You have no idea how important it was to turn off AutoCorrect in that last sentence.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 9, 2018 00:41

DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

How I read the term 'Keithette' in its heyday after Doxa conned it almost as a concept: It was not at all about Keith fans as such. Instead it concerned a certain ideological bias for arguments in favour of Keith and at the cost of others, especially Mick. That bias tends to establish different standards in explanations and in more or less moral judgements of Stones members' doings. Only few Keith fans would then be marked by that ideological bias much of the time, but, allegedly, some more posters also will from time to time as an exception to their other normal points of view.

I am not advanced in Rolling Stones-learnedness and even less as to music. Then I can take fights only on my own level and even then only on some issues. Usually, I am quite conscious about how far I can go in discussions. It would be sheer stupidity to do otherwise. If that is considered cowardice, I'd better remain silent. However, even I react towards some sayings from other parts. Outside that, I also with interest read exchanges of views between advanced posters, among them yourself. I have noticed some of Doxa's reactions to some of your posts on subjects above my grasp of things. But some of Doxa's identification of a Keith ideological bias (my interpretation of his epithet for some posters ) was also informative for me with relevance for what I can confront.

I myself have no motive for challenging you yourself for a Keith ideological bias. Sometimes I even have noticed you criticized from some posters for having defended, apparently with enjoyment, Mick's sayings, doings or role. From time to time I have seen temperament in exchanges, though, between you and Doxa and seem to have glimpsed reference to allegedly some advanced bias.

Apart from all this, I often try to be polite in writing and utter disagreement in a mild form . If also that is considered as cowardice, I may try to be rougher. Even as it is, it still happens that a few may be provoked by some of my posts.

Last edits: towards language clumsiness

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 02:25 by Witness.

Date: December 9, 2018 00:47

In the grand scheme of things, it's only rock 'n' roll. Can I get a Witness?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 9, 2018 01:27

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

I can't speak for Doxa obviously, but if the female form was used intentionally, my best guess is that a certain behaviour resembles the behaviour of a teenage girl who falls in love with with a popstar, a person she obviously does not know personally, only his public image and out of this misguided feeling of having a true personal and emotional relationship with this star, defends him against all odds, no matter what ("Say what you want, my boy is a good guy!"). Whether this is a more typical female behaviour or not can be debated (or better not, it may cause an uproar amongst gender activists, ultimately leading to a closure of this thread!), at least I find it a bit irritating when adult persons behave that way.

*unless you are a female yourself, I politely ask you all to shut up about female whatever you are analyzing - good grief

Date: December 9, 2018 01:29

Rocky Dijon
retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

The world needs more Taylorites. Unfortunately, there is no genetic proof two Taylorites marrying will raise a family of Taylorites, though sociological proof suggests children of Taylorite families will be more tolerant of Taylorites in general and more comfortable discussing vibratos among their peers.

You have no idea how important it was to turn off AutoCorrect in that last sentence.

As Taylorites - other than Woodists - are a dying species I tend to agree with you. Yes, we need more Taylorites, however, if their parents need to be legally married is a slightly different topic. But yes, the torch of the good tradition of sensibly and expertly discussing vibratos (huh, it worked, even without AutoCorrect!) must be carried into the future, and it must be avoided that one day, once after the last Taylorite will be gone, a young Woodist who watches Ladies And Gentlemen for the first time will cry out in amazement: "Look! Look! I did not know how baby-faced and blonde-haired Woody looked when he was young! And these vibratos! Good god! Woody really had it back then!"

It seems to be impossible to bring this thread back to topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 01:38 by retired_dog.

Date: December 9, 2018 01:29

Don't worry about it, Witness. Keep the good posts coming.

Date: December 9, 2018 01:33

DandelionPowderman
Don't worry about it, Witness. Keep the good posts coming.

I support what you support, but OMG now I DO WANT A NEW SONG because y’all are off the chain. Just don’t label me or any other ‘female whatever’ do not box groups individual respect please thank you

Date: December 9, 2018 01:36

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
Witness
DandelionPowderman
Witness
retired_dog
DandelionPowderman

Wow.

Nooooooo.

Y'all chill out.

Don't over-poodle this..

Well ain't that some labrapoopoo...

Date: December 9, 2018 01:51

I don’t understand the root of this: is it some think others don’t properly criticize The Rolling Stones?
If they don’t write bad things, they are a male or female ‘blinded by love fan’?
And from the ‘not bitchy enough group’ we have classified different dog breed specifications?
Okay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 01:52 by 35love.

Date: December 9, 2018 01:59

35love
I don’t understand the root of this: is it some think others don’t properly criticize The Rolling Stones?
If they don’t write bad things, they are a male or female ‘blinded by love fan’?
And from the ‘not bitchy enough group’ we have classified different dog breed specifications?
Okay.

Please don’t label other posters, do not box groups. Individual respect please. Thank you. Peace.

Date: December 9, 2018 02:08

retired_dog
35love
Okay.

Please don’t label other posters, do not box groups. Individual respect please. Thank you. Peace.

I shoulda known it was the ‘peace’ guy eye rolling smiley

Date: December 9, 2018 02:09

Have a good weekend I'm a lover not a fighter. Peace out.

Date: December 9, 2018 02:15

You'll always be my favorite Doxa's Angel, 35love.

Date: December 9, 2018 02:17

Meanwhile, in Paris...

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 9, 2018 02:50

GasLightStreet
Well ain't that some labrapoopoo...

Labrapoopoo thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 9, 2018 03:15

I think the new album cover art for Doxa's Poodles is.. interesting.
Reminiscent of Beggars Banquet art.. Can't wait to hear it!

Date: December 9, 2018 03:16

Rocky Dijon
Meanwhile, in Paris...

[twitter.com]

Hearing that, with the Midnight Rambler-esque feel to it, maybe the blues record did them some good. Now if they'd just, you know, actually get it done!

Date: December 9, 2018 03:33

GasLightStreet
Rocky Dijon
Meanwhile, in Paris...

[twitter.com]

Hearing that, with the Midnight Rambler-esque feel to it, maybe the blues record did them some good. Now if they'd just, you know, actually get it done!

It’s not a new post (maybe you know that) but yes, he can play some harp.

I’m not a dog person, I don’t know 3 people in that hideous pic Mr DDDD
but I love when Doxa throws down for Jagger, yes :-)

Edit: see the Twitter is dated Sept. 4 I am not on Twitter (not selling anything) a place for poison comments it seems
thought it might be new post by Dijon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-09 03:42 by 35love.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...236237238239240241242243244245246...LastNext
Current Page: 241 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home