Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...221222223224225226227228229230231...LastNext
Current Page: 226 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 24, 2018 07:17

Hairball
doitywoik
That gives me an idea! Maybe it's not the wall of sound but right the opposite?
OK, here we go: Breaking news! Stones to release experimental album: The Sound of Silence ... cool smiley

(And if you heard it here first, there's something wrong with your ears ... hot smiley)

smiling smiley

I'm probably going to wait until they release a Deluxe version which will include three blank cd's!

I'm sure they'll at least have nice engravings on each of the blank CDs

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 24, 2018 11:18

DandelionPowderman
doitywoik
I haven't heard about Status Quo intending to do studio work ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

As a matter of fact they're in the studio right now smiling smiley

Oh sh*te, joke gone wrong? eye popping smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 24, 2018 23:13

French fans...Any news about the boys in Paris?!

Posted by: dave9199 ()
Date: November 25, 2018 17:09

diverseharmonics
England's Slowest Hitmakers

HA! That's hilarious! It's their own Chinese Democracy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 17:29 by dave9199.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 18:43

mailexile67
they're fighting in the streets, les garçons de paris.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 25, 2018 18:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-25 19:07 by slewan.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 25, 2018 21:46

mailexile67

Maybe tomorrow?

Date: November 26, 2018 12:37

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 26, 2018 13:16

matxil
IanBillen

You are not alone .. visiting iorr and rocksoff are ny break from reality and I do such a solid three times a day. Your information is more than welcomed it is extremely encouraged ... as well as your opinion.

All this negativity about them not being able to write anymore... them not getting along ... them not being able to produce quality product anymore is odd ... we are SUPPOSED to be fans. People get off more on complaining and griping about them (my only gripe was that they HADNT got down to biz and put it out not that it can't be good lol .. big difference).

I think their last three albums were very strong .. I loved them .. especially Voodoo Lounge and A Bigger Bang. They were not 110% perfect but I thought they were great and of the very best albums of their year of release. I'm not just saying that because I am a Stones fan either .. they were great releases IMO.

Rock on Rocky!

Ian

Well, I consider myself a fan of the Stones because of Gimme Shelter or Exile, because of Down the Road Apiece, Who's Driving Your Plane, Slave, or Heaven. Which gives me a reason to complain about Out Of Tears, Infamy, or Hold On To My Hat.

If a child shows you a drawing of a circle with a smiling face in it, you say "nice drawing", if it's Picasso, you'll say: "wait a minute, aren't you the guy who did Guerníca?". When McCartney came up with "Obladi-Oblada" John Lennon had a point when he said: "wait a minute, aren't you the guy who wrote Here There and Everywhere?". I mean, being a fan of a band means you have higher standards. That's not negativity, that's trying to be proud of the band you like. If Status Quo, Queen or Wet Wet Wet would have come out with Voodoo Lounge or ABB I wouldn't have said anything. But from the Stones, it's just sad.

I don't particularly enjoy slamming the Stones, but I'd like to put a bit perspective. I don't really blame them either. It's not just them, it's rock music in general. When I hear something by, say, Beyoncé (not particularly the sort of music I like) I am surprised by how new, how inventive, how different it is. It makes me think: wow, things have changed. In rock music, nothing has really made any dramatic change since the late 70s. I think Mick solo and Keith solo had more chance of doing something "different", than together. Maybe I am wrong. But looking at the past 30 years, I think my statement is not completely mistaken.

Now, I *do* recognize that it's not nice, and actually, yeah, a bit negative and "aguafiestas" to complain about a record that hasn't even come out yet. It might be great, God knows. Then again, from my point of view, this blind (sorry, seemingly blind) enthusiasm seems to sort of invite a bit of cold water, a bit of perspective occasionally. I can understand how annoying that is, but then it's easy to skip those posts, right?

Great post Matxil, but by the same token i agree with Ian in regard to thinking Voodoo Lounge is a very good album.
Its Ok and understandable to be negative, as the Stones set such a high bar for themselves as mentioned by Matxil, just as its equally Ok to be positive of course. The Stones still deliver the goods when they get round to delivering them, there is room for all points of view you on here, i would hate this place if it was one sided optimism ( as it is sometimes ) or if it were one sided negativity, ( very rare ) it's the Yin and Yang, its all part of the same, that's what keeps this place interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 13:17 by keithsman.

Date: November 26, 2018 14:48

keithsman
matxil
IanBillen

You are not alone .. visiting iorr and rocksoff are ny break from reality and I do such a solid three times a day. Your information is more than welcomed it is extremely encouraged ... as well as your opinion.

All this negativity about them not being able to write anymore... them not getting along ... them not being able to produce quality product anymore is odd ... we are SUPPOSED to be fans. People get off more on complaining and griping about them (my only gripe was that they HADNT got down to biz and put it out not that it can't be good lol .. big difference).

I think their last three albums were very strong .. I loved them .. especially Voodoo Lounge and A Bigger Bang. They were not 110% perfect but I thought they were great and of the very best albums of their year of release. I'm not just saying that because I am a Stones fan either .. they were great releases IMO.

Rock on Rocky!

Ian

Well, I consider myself a fan of the Stones because of Gimme Shelter or Exile, because of Down the Road Apiece, Who's Driving Your Plane, Slave, or Heaven. Which gives me a reason to complain about Out Of Tears, Infamy, or Hold On To My Hat.

If a child shows you a drawing of a circle with a smiling face in it, you say "nice drawing", if it's Picasso, you'll say: "wait a minute, aren't you the guy who did Guerníca?". When McCartney came up with "Obladi-Oblada" John Lennon had a point when he said: "wait a minute, aren't you the guy who wrote Here There and Everywhere?". I mean, being a fan of a band means you have higher standards. That's not negativity, that's trying to be proud of the band you like. If Status Quo, Queen or Wet Wet Wet would have come out with Voodoo Lounge or ABB I wouldn't have said anything. But from the Stones, it's just sad.

I don't particularly enjoy slamming the Stones, but I'd like to put a bit perspective. I don't really blame them either. It's not just them, it's rock music in general. When I hear something by, say, Beyoncé (not particularly the sort of music I like) I am surprised by how new, how inventive, how different it is. It makes me think: wow, things have changed. In rock music, nothing has really made any dramatic change since the late 70s. I think Mick solo and Keith solo had more chance of doing something "different", than together. Maybe I am wrong. But looking at the past 30 years, I think my statement is not completely mistaken.

Now, I *do* recognize that it's not nice, and actually, yeah, a bit negative and "aguafiestas" to complain about a record that hasn't even come out yet. It might be great, God knows. Then again, from my point of view, this blind (sorry, seemingly blind) enthusiasm seems to sort of invite a bit of cold water, a bit of perspective occasionally. I can understand how annoying that is, but then it's easy to skip those posts, right?

Great post Matxil, but by the same token i agree with Ian in regard to thinking Voodoo Lounge is a very good album.
Its Ok and understandable to be negative, as the Stones set such a high bar for themselves as mentioned by Matxil, just as its equally Ok to be positive of course. The Stones still deliver the goods when they get round to delivering them, there is room for all points of view you on here, i would hate this place if it was one sided optimism ( as it is sometimes ) or if it were one sided negativity, ( very rare ) it's the Yin and Yang, its all part of the same, that's what keeps this place interesting.

Too much 'musical philosophy'...it's only r'n'r!! A new Stones album must be an event
which we should welcome with much enthusiasm and positivity!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 14:52 by KRiffhard.

Date: November 26, 2018 15:31

chriseganstar
Paris studio booked for end November, plus Don Was.

...are you sure?! winking smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 26, 2018 16:02

KRiffhard

Too much 'musical philosophy'...it's only r'n'r!! A new Stones album must be an event which we should welcome with much enthusiasm and positivity!

Why exactly?

Date: November 26, 2018 18:19

matxil
KRiffhard

Too much 'musical philosophy'...it's only r'n'r!! A new Stones album must be an event which we should welcome with much enthusiasm and positivity!

Why exactly?

You can find the answer at 0:26!!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2018 18:39

KRiffhard
...it's only r'n'r!! A new Stones album must be an event
which we should welcome with much enthusiasm and positivity!

Yes we should welcome a new album with positivity and celebration (and a sigh of relief) after this long drought!!!

But after that, no holds barred. Like the Crossyed Heart album (and discussion thread), there will be those who love it , some who like some if it, and a some who hate it.
And that pretty much goes for most Stones albums of the last few decades. The last album where a majority were on the positive side goes all the way back to either Tattoo You or even before that with Some Girls, though even those albums have their detractors and critics. Lets hope the initial overall positivity carries over in to the first few weeks and even months of the new album release, but something tells me that might be expecting a but much.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:13

Last Stones album the majority were on the positive side was the *Grammy winning, 2+ million selling, Blue & Lonesome.

I think some may believe that because the vocal minority clog up these threads with negativity (regardless of topic), they are somehow the majority.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 20:08 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 26, 2018 19:17

MisterDDDD
Last Stones album the majority were on the positive side was the Emmy winning, 2+ million selling, Blue & Lonesome.

I think some may believe that because the vocal minority clog up these threads with negativity (regardless of topic), they are somehow the majority.

thumbs up smileys with beer

Date: November 26, 2018 19:20

*I was referring to albums of original Stones material - not the covers album.
But now that it's mentioned, I was sort of in the middle regarding B&L - positive regarding the production, but not so positive regarding the remakes themselves.

Date: November 26, 2018 19:43

matxil
IanBillen

Rock on Rocky!

Ian

I am on board with most of what you are saying; jyst curious about one tiny detail - Status Quo, Wet Wet Wet, and ...QUEEN??

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:12

From Mick's interview with Mesfin Fekadu, published 11/26:

AP: How’s the new music you’re writing coming along?

Jagger: It’s going good. I’ve got lots of stuff. I’m doing some more writing this week. And I’m always, like, messing around. I enjoy the writing process a lot. I mean, you always think the last thing you wrote is really wonderful and sometimes they’re really not (laughs). But it’s really fun doing it and it’s really enjoyable doing new things.

AP: You don’t even need to release music because of the band’s catalog...

Jagger: Yeah, and we haven’t released that much and I think it’s a shame we haven’t released more new music. So, I would hope we’re going to release some music. We do have a huge catalog. The thing about the catalog is when we come up to doing a tour like this, I try and go back and find some stuff that we haven’t done ever or we haven’t done very much and try to mix it in, so it isn’t always the same show. But when you’re playing a really big show, there’s a certain amount of songs people want to hear — you don’t have to play them — but there’s a certain percentage of the songs that people will want to hear and if you don’t do them, they’ll go, “Wish he’d done that one.”

AP: Were you happy with the success of the band’s blues album, which won a Grammy this year?

Jagger: That was good. We weren’t really setting out to do that. It just happened. It was a fun thing to do. It was ... stuff we’d known for years since we were kids and played in like clubs and we knew it all pretty well. I really thought it was great and the response was really surprising, and I thought that was really wonderful. And I just hope we’re going to come up with some new stuff as well.

[www.apnews.com]

Date: November 26, 2018 20:21

"Hope"....he says that twice in reference to coming up with and/or releasing new material.

We all hope so also!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 26, 2018 20:49

The Mich Jagger interview with AP is saying this:

- Yes they are working on the new songs, and when Mick says "hope" he is in the "secrets" corner which means they are working on the new songs

- They might blend in 1-2 new songs from the EP (which is expected winter/spring) live next year, but no more, because this is a stadium tour

Bjornulf

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:00

bv

- Yes they are working on the new songs, and when Mick says "hope" he is in the "secrets" corner which means they are working on the new songs

- They might blend in 1-2 new songs from the EP (which is expected winter/spring) live next year, but no more, because this is a stadium tour

Mr. BV ... What is all this 'EP' stuff?? I thought all along this was an album. It's been over three years on this?

Are you honestly telling us there is no 'album' to come but an EP??.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:12

Sorry if I missed it in over 200 pages...has anyone discussed the possibility that a new album may drop as surprise release before the tour? I recall that U2 and Bowie (sans tour) pulled this stunt and younger acts (Beyonce, JayZ) are known to do so and generate buzz. Simply curious what people think...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:27

Turner
Sorry if I missed it in over 200 pages...has anyone discussed the possibility that a new album may drop as surprise release before the tour? I recall that U2 and Bowie (sans tour) pulled this stunt and younger acts (Beyonce, JayZ) are known to do so and generate buzz. Simply curious what people think...

You only have to read the last two entries to get your answer.....lol. But a surprise album, I wouldn't say no to anything the way this album is discussed.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: November 26, 2018 21:55

i remember Tattoo You coming out to basically coincide with the '81 tour. that was a glorious time ...and tour, hearing so many good cuts played live

Date: November 26, 2018 22:13

bv

EP?! confused smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:28

Just as The Sun said...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:35

bv

I'm not seeing anything in the AP piece apart from the normal
"we're writing new material, I hope it comes out" bit which ignores recent sessions and the current session. Unless you know they've downgraded to an EP from another source other than The Sun, I'm sticking with new album by June with three tracks released in the lead up to the album.

[www.apnews.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2018 22:45

…. Yeah 78RPM …..3 track EP -

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 26, 2018 23:27

An EP after 14 years would blow big time. I need a full album. Lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...221222223224225226227228229230231...LastNext
Current Page: 226 of 704