Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223...LastNext
Current Page: 218 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 10, 2018 15:19

keithsman
MrHappy
Please Mick, no more bluesy crapola.
We want a new Stones album, just Stones original material

Um this seems to be the problem, Mick has other ideas, maybe he doesn't want to make a traditional Stones album, this could be why the album has taken so long, he either struggles to come up with Stones material ( suitable material for a Stones album ) or he is just tired of that genre.
I don't think even he knows what music he want's to make anymore, hence the creative drought.
That stuff with Dave Stewart, or the writing with Super Heavy, not really Stones genre. I think this new album will be a surprise, i don't think it will be what we are expecting, it could be really good but in a different way, i suspect it will be an album of two halves, Keith's half and Mick's half, then we can have fun deciphering who wrote what smiling smiley

I had a dream last night Mick was very happy with the new Stones album, he could not wipe the smile off his face!! I agree the surprise element will be how cohesive this effort will be. A great performance, no less than 8/10...thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2018 15:39

Maindefender
keithsman
MrHappy

Um this seems to be the problem, Mick has other ideas, maybe he doesn't want to make a traditional Stones album, this could be why the album has taken so long, he either struggles to come up with Stones material ( suitable material for a Stones album ) or he is just tired of that genre.
I don't think even he knows what music he want's to make anymore, hence the creative drought.
That stuff with Dave Stewart, or the writing with Super Heavy, not really Stones genre. I think this new album will be a surprise, i don't think it will be what we are expecting, it could be really good but in a different way, i suspect it will be an album of two halves, Keith's half and Mick's half, then we can have fun deciphering who wrote what smiling smiley

I had a dream last night Mick was very happy with the new Stones album, he could not wipe the smile off his face!! I agree the surprise element will be how cohesive this effort will be. A great performance, no less than 8/10...thumbs up

weird dream...I had a dream last night I was piloting a plane.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 10, 2018 16:18

Maindefender
keithsman
MrHappy

Yeah there is this aura of it's going to be different, just a feeling that it's going to be a nice surprise, ( not Rolling Stones by numbers ) i always think Mick is best when he has something to prove, i would give my left nut for a number one single, could it happen ?, is it possible ?, yeah i think so, we can dream, fingers crossed.smiling smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 10, 2018 17:02

Has anyone dreamed about the release date??
Thanks for the information

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 10, 2018 17:30

I dreamed that all songs were written by Jagger/Richards/Watts/Wood

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: November 10, 2018 22:06

Tate
GasLightStreet
OpenG
Why not play the song Dirty Work live - the guitars sound awesome, Keith should play Sleep Tonight live along with others coming down again -

Just think of a stones live show without the war horses the possibilities are endless, they would of course have to up their game and take chances.

Here's another way to look at it: think of all the GOOD and REALLY GOOD songs they've not played and don't play.

Hence no songs anymore since 1989-90 from their worst LP.

That could be the theme of the tour. The No Warhorses Tour. Small venues. Just for, you know, folks like us.
pass the pipe.

Date: November 11, 2018 02:34

treaclefingers
Maindefender
keithsman
MrHappy

I know....I was also cryin cryin like a child..

Date: November 11, 2018 16:41

Maindefender
treaclefingers
Maindefender
keithsman
MrHappy

that's even weirder! was there perchance a fine arab charger in your dream as well?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 11, 2018 16:58

treaclefingers
Maindefender
treaclefingers

that's even weirder! was there perchance a fine arab charger in your dream as well?

I had a dream that "Turn the Girl Loose" was "Emotional Rescue"'s ugly and indistinguished cousin. It was more of a nightmare, actually. It had Nile Rodgers and Dr. Bernard Edwards in it.

Date: November 11, 2018 17:00

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
Maindefender
treaclefingers

I had a dream that "Turn the Girl Loose" was "Emotional Rescue"'s ugly and indistinguished cousin. It was more of a nightmare, actually. It had Nile Rodgers and Dr. Bernard Edwards in it.

I dig the bass line. TURN THAT GURL LOOSE!!!

Date: November 11, 2018 17:04

treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
Maindefender
treaclefingers

Do you love the bridge? And if you do love the bass line, how does "Too Much Blood" or "Charmed Life" grab you? All three bass lines in search of a song to me.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 11, 2018 23:57

If the "gossip" are true, in 15 days the "boys" will be in a Paris studio...Eyes open!cool smileythumbs up

Date: November 12, 2018 01:14

treaclefingers
Maindefender
treaclefingers
Maindefender
keithsman
MrHappy

Yes, it was on a carousel next to the girl on a motorbike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-12 01:16 by Maindefender.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 12, 2018 21:47

20 hours gone and no message.
Must mean somethings happening out there....

Date: November 12, 2018 23:31

Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon
treaclefingers
Maindefender
treaclefingers

Do you love the bridge? And if you do love the bass line, how does "Too Much Blood" or "Charmed Life" grab you? All three bass lines in search of a song to me.

Totally forgot about the bridge...yes, I like the bridge. I think Too Much Blood works...Charmed Life is a complete throwaway. Throwaway on the other hand...

Date: November 13, 2018 04:42

The bridge reminds me too much of "Chopsticks." I despise "Too Much Blood" almost as much as "Charmed Life." On the other hand, "Throwaway" is miles better than "One Hit to the Body."

As for the new album, I'll be curious if "Get Out of My Way" is still among the tracks and if it's really about grocery shopping.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 13, 2018 16:56

Why would "Get Out of My Way" be about grocery shopping or did I miss the smiley ?

"Too Much Blood" on par with "Charmed Life" ? Seriously ?! Like Grip and EL, CL is one of the rare Jagger "songs" that goes absolutely nowhere, no melody, no structure, nothing, zilch...I guess you could add "Sex Drive" too !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 13, 2018 18:49

I never ever use emoticons...even when making jokes about songs from the new album we haven't heard yet.

I don't like "Too Much Blood" at all, even when it borrows from James Brown. Speaking of James Brown, I genuinely love "Sex Drive" almost as much as "Big Enough." While we're at it, "Radio Control" is an unacknowledged James Brown tribute as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-13 18:50 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 13, 2018 19:19

Rocky Dijon
I never ever use emoticons...winking smileyeven when making jokesgrinning smiley about songs from the new album hot smiley we haven't heard yet.

I don't like "Too Much Blood" at all angry smiley, even when it borrows from James Brownsmoking smiley. Speaking of James Brownsmoking smiley, I genuinely lovespinning smiley sticking its tongue out "Sex Drive"almost as much as "Big Enough."thumbs up While we're at it, "Radio Control" is an unacknowledged confused smileyJames Brown smoking smileytribute as well.winking smiley

Couldn't resist.
cool smiley

Date: November 13, 2018 19:37

You unspeakable monster...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 13, 2018 20:44

The calm before the storm...smoking smileythumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 13, 2018 20:44

grinning smiley

Re: Another Stones studio album in 2018
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 13, 2018 22:59

KRiffhard
Bungo
I'm sure no one will believe this but I'm gonna lay it out there anyway :

Last week I was sipping Tequila at the pool in Hotel California in Todos Santos Mexico when a chap sat down near me and with little else to do we started chatting. Long story short it turns out he is close to the recording process of the new Stones record (engineer or studio technician or something) and he goes in to saying how incredible the new songs are, "classic drug fueled Stones" I believe he described them, "right up there with Sticky Fingers or Exile". He also mentioned something about Keith not letting Mick inject any of his silly "techno pop rubbish" onto what may very well be their last studio effort.

Anyway, make of it what you will,even though some good Mexican blow, weed and Tequila were present during the conversation.
smoking smiley

I'm still hoping that is true!!!

Mr. Bungo...where are you?!!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: November 13, 2018 23:21

I'm right here. Where are you.
FYI, my sources tell me the new record is essentially finished. They're just making a few tweaks and some over-dubs, backing vocals etc. Once the title and art-work is finalized it should be ready for release in a few months. .

Date: November 13, 2018 23:51

Bungo
FYI, my sources tell me the new record is essentially finished. They're just making a few tweaks and some over-dubs, backing vocals etc. Once the title and art-work is finalized it should be ready for release in a few months. .

Many thanks! thumbs up

Date: November 14, 2018 11:48

Bungo

Can you ask your sources if new songs are "classic drug fueled Stones"?!winking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 14, 2018 12:55

I quote my own reaction to Bungo's earlier post on page 107 of this thread

Witness
Bungo
I'm sure no one will believe this but I'm gonna lay it out there anyway :

Last week I was sipping Tequila at the pool in Hotel California in Todos Santos Mexico when a chap sat down near me and with little else to do we started chatting. Long story short it turns out he is close to the recording process of the new Stones record (engineer or studio technician or something) and he goes in to saying how incredible the new songs are, "classic drug fueled Stones" I believe he described them, "right up there w8ith Sticky Fingers or Exile". He also mentioned something about Keith not letting Mick inject any of his silly "techno pop rubbish" onto what may very well be their last studio effort.

Anyway, make of it what you will,even though some good Mexican blow, weed and Tequila were present during the konversasjon.
smoking smiley

I am one of possibly very few here, who will gladly receive broadly such an ingredient, which is allotted an epithet of that kind, given that it would be where Mick currently prefers to go, while I on the other hand want to be spared from as much as possible of that "C-E H" type of anemic feeeeling.

If the two of them, however, could meet in an EMOTIONAL RESCUE oriented "musical terrain", might be an ideal compromise between them.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:01

What is The Bunnyman?

Rod

Posted by: z ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:13

The Voodoo Lounge figure.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 14, 2018 15:21

Why is it being advertised as "coming Friday" on Instagram? It's out isn't it?

Rod

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...213214215216217218219220221222223...LastNext
Current Page: 218 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home