Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...211212213214215216217218219220221...LastNext
Current Page: 216 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2019?
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: November 8, 2018 19:11

Ok what's this? Could it be ..
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 8, 2018 19:19

Another live tumbling dice with great animation is all I see from the Facebook clip but I have to admit I would love the title

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2018 19:24

doitywoik
Hairball

EP?

Hope that's a typo!!!

Who knows? If it were for Keith's three dynamite riffs, we'd maybe get only a maxi single?

Maybe EP because they decided to release only the good stuff and leave out the fillers? winking smiley

Lol...there was a time when Keith could have fit three different dynamite riffs into one song!

Looking forward to whatever...anything and everything...good, bad, ugly...warts and all. But I have faith some of it will be good, some of it maybe questionable, and some of it possibly even great!
Whatever the case, part of the fun has been the thrill of the chase - it's the journey, not the destination. winking smiley This thread has been great with all the speculation, the insider leaks, the so-called experts, the whiners,
the cheerleaders, the variety of opinions, the Keith lovers, the Jagger haters (lol), and the the rambling fools (including myself), etc., etc...it's really a microcosm of IORR in general!
But once I get my hands on a new Stones album (or EP?)- and I can almost smell it now - a new journey of digesting and absorbing will begin - destination unknown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 19:28 by Hairball.

Date: November 8, 2018 20:04

DandelionPowderman
Or we can just judge the album as it is - today. Blue And Lonesome was awesome. They still have the chops, they still swing, they still play the blues and rock'n'roll convincingly. They still sound like the Stones.

We all know that.

A track like Hoodoo Blues is as dirty and filthy as Stones tunes can be. Even though they're old men now, they know how to make a brilliant racket.

And I trust they will on the new album.

For everyone that expects a new cultural revolution, scandals, riots and upheavals: Listen to their old records.

I'm gonna occupy the living room with studio headphones and be unreachable for a few days. Looking very much forward to that smileys with beer

So I say.

On this forum I read "nothing worthy in last 30 years" over and over again and I couldn'y disagree more.
Voodoo Lounge is really great, some tracks on Steel Wheels are great (the minority, ok, but those I love), A Bigger Bang is almost unlistenable but led to a very fun and sped up tour, Blue and Lonesome is superb, Crosseyed Heart is one of my all-time favourite albums, I must say.

And those albums were secondary. They all supported what's important: the Rolling Stones live.

No way anyone can compare BtB to Exile or Some Girls, ok. No Bill Wyman, ok. Way too much Leavells, Cliffords, Densons... ok.

But they managed to keep relevant over these 30 years, which none other could.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 8, 2018 20:36

jlowe
3 Singles was rumoured some time ago.
Equals an EP perhaps.

Equals 3 dynamite riffs? drinking smiley

Hairball
Lol...there was a time when Keith could have fit three different dynamite riffs into one song!

Nailed! smiling bouncing smiley

Hairball
Looking forward to whatever...anything and everything...good, bad, ugly...warts and all. But I have faith some of it will be good, some of it maybe questionable, and some of it possibly even great!
Whatever the case, part of the fun has been the thrill of the chase - it's the journey, not the destination. winking smiley This thread has been great with all the speculation, the insider leaks, the so-called experts, the whiners,
the cheerleaders, the variety of opinions, the Keith lovers, the Jagger haters (lol), and the the rambling fools (including myself), etc., etc...it's really a microcosm of IORR in general!

That's so very well put! smiling smiley thumbs upsmileys with beer Once the album is there, we will wish they had waited a bit longer just so we could continue this long strange trip ... smoking smileygrinning smiley

Hairball
But once I get my hands on a new Stones album (or EP?)- and I can almost smell it now - a new journey of digesting and absorbing will begin - destination unknown.

... and the waiting for the next one winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 20:49 by doitywoik.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 8, 2018 20:58

EdubertoPalitroke
DandelionPowderman
Or we can just judge the album as it is - today. Blue And Lonesome was awesome. They still have the chops, they still swing, they still play the blues and rock'n'roll convincingly. They still sound like the Stones.

We all know that.

A track like Hoodoo Blues is as dirty and filthy as Stones tunes can be. Even though they're old men now, they know how to make a brilliant racket.

And I trust they will on the new album.

For everyone that expects a new cultural revolution, scandals, riots and upheavals: Listen to their old records.

I'm gonna occupy the living room with studio headphones and be unreachable for a few days. Looking very much forward to that smileys with beer

So I say.

On this forum I read "nothing worthy in last 30 years" over and over again and I couldn'y disagree more.
Voodoo Lounge is really great, some tracks on Steel Wheels are great (the minority, ok, but those I love), A Bigger Bang is almost unlistenable but led to a very fun and sped up tour, Blue and Lonesome is superb, Crosseyed Heart is one of my all-time favourite albums, I must say.

And those albums were secondary. They all supported what's important: the Rolling Stones live.

No way anyone can compare BtB to Exile or Some Girls, ok. No Bill Wyman, ok. Way too much Leavells, Cliffords, Densons... ok.

But they managed to keep relevant over these 30 years, which none other could.

thumbs up I totally agree with all of this post, brilliant EdubertoPalitroke

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 8, 2018 21:13

Wtf..i am just so Happy the Stones are still around since 1962 and are creating a buzz with a New release..
Good or bad...who knows?
Long live the Stones.
Jeroen

Date: November 8, 2018 22:02

dimrstone
[www.facebook.com]
Wow! Something is coming... spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beerwinking smiley Amazing!!!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 8, 2018 22:09

Good Lord, that may very well be cover art and album title/tour name.

Thank God I was mistaken.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-08 22:11 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 8, 2018 22:57

dimrstone
[www.facebook.com]

Well. It sound like LA FORUM 1976. Nothing special about that tune. Something coming - of course - would be to throw out Paris 1976 there. We talked about it already.

Date: November 8, 2018 23:16

Was there any truth to The Sun newspaper claiming they are making an EP ?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2018 23:28

EP ……..… . man that's steppin' back to thee start …...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 8, 2018 23:43

dimrstone
[www.facebook.com]

Nice and powerful!!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:05

jlowe
Equals an EP perhaps.

One single (A & B sides) plus extended/remixed versions could also be considered an EP.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:11

According to them it was difficult to get in the Rolling Stones mood as a band in 1986...........30 years later it must be a drag or maybe not....................let's wait and see

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:19

Maindefender
dimrstone
[www.facebook.com]

Nice and powerful!!!

Sounds very good - great.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 9, 2018 00:27

bye bye johnny
jlowe
Equals an EP perhaps.

One single (A & B sides) plus extended/remixed versions could also be considered an EP.

Rather an EP with 6 new songs than a Greatest Hits with 2 new songs.

Date: November 9, 2018 00:49

NICOS
According to them it was difficult to get in the Rolling Stones mood as a band in 1986...........30 years later it must be a drag or maybe not....................let's wait and see

[www.youtube.com]

Just love Mick in this interview, so honest, painfully so.
There is Mick saying it as it is, firing off warnings all over the place and Keith didn't see it coming, even when it was so obvious.
Why was Keith so surprised Mick toured without him, he said it right there, Mick says " i'd love to tour, but not with the Stones".

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: November 9, 2018 01:15

dimrstone
[www.facebook.com]
I guess this is just the Spanish illustrator (whose page that is) promoting his upcoming Rolling Stones illustrations. He has done other Rolling Stones illustrations in the past. I do not think this is in any way "official".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 01:15 by MrEcho.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 03:20

keithsman

We would know, how?

Rod

Date: November 9, 2018 03:30

bitusa2012
keithsman

We would know, how?

Haha - well it does make a bit of sense considering all the troubles and delays they've had with this.
Hitting the wall, Mick releasing Getta Grip while thumbing his nose at Keith, not to mention touring, family time, movie roles, etc., etc., etc.
At this point I think we'll be lucky to get just an EP, and if it's a whole album it will be somewhat of a miracle.
Looking forward to a new song or two, maybe three....hopefully more. thumbs up

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 9, 2018 03:51

Hairball
Mick releasing Getta Grip while thumbing his nose at Keith

Where did we get that bit? Do we now believe Universal said, "Yes, Mr. Jagger, we'll hand you a sizable budget for music videos and extended mixes just so you can piss off Mr. Richards"?

Not very likely.

As for the EP, it's nothing. A bit of stupidity from The Sun - one of the worst tabloids around as far as journalistic integrity is concerned.

There's an album coming. Until Soldatti or B.V. tell us otherwise, why believe a disreputable rag? For that matter, there are several other connected regulars here. No one has suggested they've downgraded to an EP.

I know the EP fits the story of "they can't do it, they can't write, they can't sing, they can't play" that has such a hold on so many iorrians.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 9, 2018 04:14

Actually, an EP would make sense to do. Followed by another one. In 2018, people will go for whatever. LPs (in whatever format) are still selling - but so are EPs and singles, in whatever format.

They could release an EP at the beginning of the tour, and one mid-way through the tour. And one after.

They won't. But it could work.

Date: November 9, 2018 04:42

Rocky Dijon
Hairball
Mick releasing Getta Grip while thumbing his nose at Keith

Where did we get that bit? Do we now believe Universal said, "Yes, Mr. Jagger, we'll hand you a sizable budget for music videos and extended mixes just so you can piss off Mr. Richards"?

Not very likely.

As for the EP, it's nothing. A bit of stupidity from The Sun - one of the worst tabloids around as far as journalistic integrity is concerned.

There's an album coming. Until Soldatti or B.V. tell us otherwise, why believe a disreputable rag? For that matter, there are several other connected regulars here. No one has suggested they've downgraded to an EP.

I know the EP fits the story of "they can't do it, they can't write, they can't sing, they can't play" that has such a hold on so many iorrians.

We? I'm not speaking for anybody, just giving my own interpretation of the Keith quote:

"They ain't Stones tunes, if you want to cut them, put 'em out on your own...and the bugger went and did it." ie Mick "the bugger" released Getta Grip while thumbing his nose at Keith.

No biggie, but why so serious and sensitive?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 05:19

Hairball
Looking forward to a new song or two, maybe three....hopefully more. thumbs up

Tell you what. IF we simply get another compilation of greatest hits, or even obscurities, tagged with a couple/few new songs and THAT'S the best they can do after 14 years, I'll buy it, YES, just to get new Stones music, but then I'll be off the train.

And I am NOT suggesting that's what they'll do. I DO think BV and others with a modicum of knowledge about what IS going on, v's The Sun, will be right and that we will get a whole new album. BUT IF 3-4 songs IS the best they can do and we get another GGRRRR....well, ggggrrrr it'll be from me, and adios!

I hope though, as artists, they ARE creating an album.

Rod

Date: November 9, 2018 08:21

Rocky Dijon
Respectfully, Don Was is their producer, including catalog reissues. He's not going anywhere.

Mick writes and arranges songs with Matt Clifford or Dave Stewart. They are Mick's preferred collaborators just as Steve Jordan is Keith's.

We can say all day that things would be better if the following people were far away from our heroes. In essence, you're wishing the past 25 or 30 years hadn't happened. Not paritcularly realistic.

The new album will likely have the same reaction as their albums always have. Ridiculously overrated at the outset and then unfairly criticized once it is no longer new. They can't help it that it's not the 1960s or 1970s any more just as they can't help it that most iorrians aren't young with their whole lives in front of them any longer.

I am not wishing the last 25 years away. You're right- that is absurd. Time is time, and it passes. I love the Stones the way they are now. But it is really not absurd or unrealistic to hope and wish for some change. They're artists, and artists must change. But they're also human, and one gets comfortable, a bit self-indulgent etc. The thing is 'Bridges to Babylon' was IMO a fantastic album. It was everything that the Stones could construct at this time of their career. There was challenge, new contributors, there was risk, there were great songs. And they took it on the road. It was a great album.

There is an in-between. There isn't only 'Exile' vs. "Bigger Bang'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 08:23 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 9, 2018 09:31

NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

Wow had never seen that before, based on their clothing that was done at the DW launch in February 1986. That has to be the last interview where Mick spoke his mind like in the 70s! Too bad Keith wasn't asked the same questions as the others...

In a way it's the complete opposite now, they've worked out an "arrangement" to tour and laugh all the way to the bank but can't work things out in the studio anymore. It's not needed to tour, there's no money in it, they don't get along, they're old, have nothing of interest left to share after hundreds of songs, pretty depressing really! Ok so when's the next show?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: November 9, 2018 10:30

EdubertoPalitroke
Blue and Lonesome is superb, Crosseyed Heart is one of my all-time favourite albums, I must say.

Blue and Lonesome is a collection of covers, most of which are not better than the originals (nor worse). Nice to listen to during a diner party, or while practicing some blues guitar, but hardly the best thing that ever happened to rock music. They have been able to play the blues ever since they started, the album might just has well come out in the 80s or 90s.
Crosseyed Heart is a very good album, but more than anything else it shows that if Keith would have chosen to really dedicate himself to a solo career, he might have grown out to achieve some artistical reputation on a par with Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen or Nick Cave.
Neither album means anything with relation to any upcoming Stones LP or EP. In the late 80's, Keith came out with Talk Is Cheap, which was also a very promising album but it didn't in any way whatsoever have a positive influence on the Stones output. Okay, maybe on the Keith songs on the Stones albums, giving him more confidence developing his own style, but overall the Stones albums since Talk Is Cheap have been just mediocre, with an occasional highlight on Bridges to Babylon.
Actually, if they bring out an EP, I would be more hopeful. Maybe 4 great songs they all really believe in is still possible. But I doubt it will connect to anything else going on the musical world, so the impact will be small. Never mind though, it's not completely impossible some of it might be enjoyable.

Date: November 9, 2018 11:55

matxil
EdubertoPalitroke
Blue and Lonesome is superb, Crosseyed Heart is one of my all-time favourite albums, I must say.

Blue and Lonesome is a collection of covers, most of which are not better than the originals (nor worse). Nice to listen to during a diner party, or while practicing some blues guitar, but hardly the best thing that ever happened to rock music. They have been able to play the blues ever since they started, the album might just has well come out in the 80s or 90s.
Crosseyed Heart is a very good album, but more than anything else it shows that if Keith would have chosen to really dedicate himself to a solo career, he might have grown out to achieve some artistical reputation on a par with Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen or Nick Cave.
Neither album means anything with relation to any upcoming Stones LP or EP. In the late 80's, Keith came out with Talk Is Cheap, which was also a very promising album but it didn't in any way whatsoever have a positive influence on the Stones output. Okay, maybe on the Keith songs on the Stones albums, giving him more confidence developing his own style, but overall the Stones albums since Talk Is Cheap have been just mediocre, with an occasional highlight on Bridges to Babylon.
Actually, if they bring out an EP, I would be more hopeful. Maybe 4 great songs they all really believe in is still possible. But I doubt it will connect to anything else going on the musical world, so the impact will be small. Never mind though, it's not completely impossible some of it might be enjoyable.

That's where our opinions differ. I like the sounds the Stones are making. It's the same songs, of course, but the Stones sound like... um, the Stones - hence the songs sound like the Stones, too. When I hear Mick sing, and the boys playing, there's something extra there. For me, B&L does NOT sound like some band going through the motions, cakewalking through numbers they can play in their sleep - far from it.

It sounds dirty and good, just the way I want it thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-09 11:56 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 9, 2018 12:00

DandelionPowderman
matxil
EdubertoPalitroke

That's where our opinions differ. I like the sounds the Stones are making. It's the same songs, of course, but the Stones sound like... um, the Stones - hence the songs sound like the Stones, too. When I hear Mick sing, and the boys playing, there's something extra there. For me, B&L does NOT sound like some band going through the motions, cakewalking through numbers they can play in their sleep - far from it.

It sounds dirty and good, just the way I want it thumbs up

Fully agreed Dandelion !!!I think n feel the same. Its one of my fave Stones albums. Dirty n with a Swagger.
jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...211212213214215216217218219220221...LastNext
Current Page: 216 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home